What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Your future all-time hits king... (1 Viewer)

Ed Wood

Footballguy
Going into tonight: Jeter, 2,699 hits

All-time record: Rose, 4,256 hits

1,557 to tie

In 14+ major league seasons, Jeter has averaged 208 hits a year (Rose averaged 194 hits in his 24-year career).

If Jeter plays nine more years, he needs to average 173 hits a season to set the mark. Can he do it? Absolutely. Jeter, 35, sees himself still playing shortstop at age 41 and, maybe, a DH at age 46.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/20/sports/b...ml?ref=baseball

Tell me he's not named after the hockey player!

That's a long time to play and skills diminish. Not to mention the injury factor. He could easily be hurting his team if he tries to play that long. It's possible... just not likely.

No, he was not named after the hockey player. But it would be awesome if he had been.

He should've moved over to 3B the day the Yankees got A-Rod. But he sees himself playing there until he's 41? Wow.

I think even Jeter haters who used to call him overrated are starting to appreciate him. Id love for him to win the MVP this year (having one of his best season's ever) but that damn guy in Minnesota is having an historic year.

I think even Jeter haters who used to call him overrated are starting to appreciate him. Id love for him to win the MVP this year (having one of his best season's ever) but that damn guy in Minnesota is having an historic year.
I don't hate Jeter; I actually respect him quite a bit. But he has always been overrated, and this year is no different. Michael Young's numbers are every bit as good as Jeter's, but no one's talking about Young for MVP. Why is that?But like you said, it should be Mauer, hands down, anyway.

I don't hate Jeter; I actually respect him quite a bit. But he has always been overrated, and this year is no different. Michael Young's numbers are every bit as good as Jeter's, but no one's talking about Young for MVP. Why is that?But like you said, it should be Mauer, hands down, anyway.
Michael Young is awesome. Nobody is talking about him for MVP cuz he doesnt play in NY. I cant really disagree with you. But I dont think that necessarily makes Jeter overrated. I actually think Young will end up being a HOFer too (if he continues putting up the #s he puts up) :lmao:

Michael Young is having an excellent year

But career wise he's overrated

Career OPS+ of just 106, and that's including his career high this season

Michael Young is awesome. Nobody is talking about him for MVP cuz he doesnt play in NY. I cant really disagree with you. But I dont think that necessarily makes Jeter overrated. I actually think Young will end up being a HOFer too (if he continues putting up the #s he puts up) :moneybag:
Young is a lock. With all the roid guys cut out they have to put someone in from this era. Just needs 2-3 more years of even average production and it's over.

Users who are viewing this thread