What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Houston Texans 2015 off-Season thread (1 Viewer)

coolnerd

Footballguy
Will the Andre Johnson bombshell, I have been blasted awake. I will probably never return to the sillinesof three or years back where I was on top of every little peep.

anyway, not truly surprised about the cut for money, but the playing time excuse caught me off-guard.

Will the Andre Johnson bombshell, I have been blasted awake. I will probably never return to the sillinesof three or years back where I was on top of every little peep.

anyway, not truly surprised about the cut for money, but the playing time excuse caught me off-guard.
Yes, if the Texans really told him that, it makes no sense. There is no one on the team currently that he is taking time from, and I don't really think a rookie is going to give you more than AJ. If this is so they can say we wanted to keep him, but he wanted to play somewhere else, that is pretty lame. Cutting him because his cap hit is too high is not a bad reason to cut someone. it is the nature of the business and teams who do it generally are pretty successful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah sad day but thats the nature of the beast. I honestly thought McNair would make an edict that we had to keep Andre no matter what. Somewhat reassuring that they wont hang on sentiment and can make a hard decision because that's a significant cap savings. Still sad to see him go.

Do they resign some guys now? Seems like its been very quiet on the Mallet, Newton or Kareem front (I think Kareem walks.) I know its a pipe dream but signing Cobb as a replacement would be pretty exciting. Fills the needs at WR and at Returner.

Now if we just had a QB...

Users who are viewing this thread