What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Agholor vs Perriman in the late first...who do you like? (1 Viewer)

Sabertooth

Footballguy
I have late first round picks in a couple of leagues and I go back and forth on these guys almost daily.

One the one hand you have Ahgolor. Drafted to replace Maclin. Clear shot at snaps, but is also competing with Jordan Matthews for the time being. He ranked 5.7 on NFL.com's player grades. He was picked by Chip Kelly and will be inserted immediately barring injury or total collapse. His upside seems to be limited due to his lack of elite athletic numbers and average size. Not a sexy pick if he goes mid second, but he didn't. He went 6 picks after Devante Parker and 6 picks before Perriman. He was a very good collegiate player. But seemed like a bit of a reach.

Perriman has the elite athletics you look for. Ranked 6.2 on NFL.com player grades. He does not seem as rounded as a player. But you can't teach a guy to run sub 4.3 in the 40. And he's big. I feel he's more of the boom/bust type prosepct. I love his landing spot in Baltimore. He's got the solid team structure around him. He's got Steve Smith to mentor him (or beat the #### out of him if he mouths off in meetings). He's got Flacco who does have a pretty solid deep ball.

I am currently leaning Perriman because I think his upside is Chad Johnson wheres I think Agholor is more Donald Driver.

Thoughts, am I off here? They consistently go right next to each other in drafts. Maybe both bust. Maybe both succeed. I think Perriman's elite athletics might be too much for CBs to handle. Where I think Agholor might rack up more receptions but few TDs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Watching tape on both and ignoring the numbers, I go Agholor. He is a much more fluid runner and pass catcher. I think he will end up being the better route runner and ultimately the better pro. Perriman just seems stiff to me and that doesn't translate well to the WR position.

Other factors are Agholor's kick return ability and the fact that he'll be in an offense that leads the league in plays per game.

Watching tape on both and ignoring the numbers, I go Agholor. He is a much more fluid runner and pass catcher. I think he will end up being the better route runner and ultimately the better pro. Perriman just seems stiff to me and that doesn't translate well to the WR position.

Other factors are Agholor's kick return ability and the fact that he'll be in an offense that leads the league in plays per game.
I get that. But you can teach a guy to run better routes. You can't teach him to by 6'2" and run a 4.25.

Draft pedigree is a wash with these two. They were picked right on top of each other. I have both over DGB. They are my 4 and 5 wideouts right now.

There is something to be said for polish. And Agholor would seem to have a lot more right now. I saw the comparison to Emmanuel Sanders. But remember, Sanders didn't really do much in Pittsburgh.

He might be right now. But what about in 3 years if they both stick? Does Perriman's upside seem higher?
Depends if Chip sticks. Right now I'd say no in that Eagles offense. I like to stay on the safer side in the draft cause I hate outright busts. Perriman has a lot higher bust potential imo and equal upside.

Chip Kelly made the pick, thats all I need to know that it will fail.
Yeah that Jordan Matthews guy totally sux.
Much easier to wade through the pool with VarsityBlues123 and Rookie_whisperer on ignore. No nuance to any of their posts.
lol this is what you get when you hold someone accountable for a bad prediction i guess. i sense the bitterness.

Perriman will be the better prospect in my opinion at this point in time, less competition for targets and a lesser rb in the backfield while having a more stable coach. Trestman loves to air it out and i like the bigger receivers in general.

He didnt make that pick. Nice try.
Uh and who did? Or Chip only gets credit for the bad picks?
Howie Roseman since he was the GM last year in charge of player personnel, pretty well documented chip was mad he didnt get final say last year.

I get that. But you can teach a guy to run better routes.
Tell Cordarrelle that.

Howie Roseman since he was the GM last year in charge of player personnel, pretty well documented chip was mad he didnt get final say last year.
Pretty common knowledge that Chip wanted to take Matthews in the 1st.

Tell Cordarrelle that.
Maybe, but I don't think Perriman is a great comp for Patterson.

Perriman for many reasons

1. Better QB IMO. Bradford sucks and can he stay healthy. than you get Sanchez. What is the future. I like joe Flacco.

2. O philosophy. I know Chip wants to play fast paced but he also wants to run a ton. Why they have 3 nice RB's. Baltimore is run but Trestman loves the air as the new OC.

3. More chances. Smith is old and Matthews/Ertz in play also in Philly. Plus his boy Huff. What competition does Perriman have other than old man Steve and Madd Maxx now. I like opp in Baltimore.

4. Great learning tool in Steve Smith. I think this will be big for Perriman for his upside.

5. Size and Speed. Give me both of those things in a player. I think the other stuff can be taught. Plus I like his family pedigree.

6. USC WR. The past speaks volumes of these guys. Agholor reminds me of many that have come in and they dont see to do that well.

I know the hands has been questioned but I dont think the issue is hands as much as concentration for the Stephon HIll comment. Smith will help concentration. Great start to his rookie camp for the hands. One drop for concentration. I really think he overcomes this and his ceiling is way higher than Agholor's down the line. Give me the guy with a top 10 Chance over the WR who probably will be top 25 but how much higher.

Tell Cordarrelle that.
Maybe, but I don't think Perriman is a great comp for Patterson.
Right ... Patterson is a better runner after the catch. And while we are talking about catching:

ESPN NFL Insider Jon Gruden says UCF's Breshad Perriman and Auburn's Sammie Coates are not first rounders in his book because they drop too many passes and run poor routes.
The analyst expressed surprise that Mel Kiper previously mocked Perriman to the Rams at No. 10. "The one thing I can't understand with Perriman is you have all this talent, and I have plenty of tape where he is making circus catches, but there are way too many drops," he said. "These balls are easy catches." Gruden loves the 4.25-4.3s speed, of course, but questions Perriman's ability to be a "bad-ball receiver." He documented 14 drops on tape, including a sure touchdown which just clanked off his hands. "No one is perfect, but if people are going to talk about you as a potential top-10 pick, the catching has to be more consistent," Gruden said.

this

But he wasn't a top 10 pick. He was 26th. Gruden is too much of a company man now. I love him as an announcer but he's more like a persona than an analyst.

Perriman drops posses. Did Agholor drop passes?

this
Oops VB123.

Marquise Lee had a ton of polish coming in as well. He's not even the best sophomore in his own team now. Not even second best. I don't love player to player comps because these are individuals, but Crippler does have a point about USC guys.

Stephen Hill is alarming but that was the Jets. Perriman is a Raven. Heck did Rex and the Jets ever develop any offensive talent?

Marquise Lee had a ton of polish coming in as well. He's not even the best sophomore in his own team now. Not even second best. I don't love player to player comps because these are individuals, but Crippler does have a point about USC guys.
I put absolutely ZERO stock in the USC WR logic unless someone can come up with some specific logical reasoning WHY USC wr's would be worse than other prospects. This, to me, is the equivalent of chasing 20 year trends in sports betting.

Stephen Hill is alarming but that was the Jets. Perriman is a Raven. Heck did Rex and the Jets ever develop any offensive talent?
Prob with Hill wasn't so much the Jets, it was his lousy routes and he couldn't catch. Two of the concerns surrounding Perriman. Like Perriman, he also looked very good in rookie camp. Came time for real games and he had feet for hands.

I put absolutely ZERO stock in the USC WR logic unless someone can come up with some specific logical reasoning WHY USC wr's would be worse than other prospects. This, to me, is the equivalent of chasing 20 year trends in sports betting.
Good system + good coaching could mean they hit their ceiling faster....and look better in college vs lower quality competition than they will face in the pros.Not saying I agree, but the idea isn't crazy. It is part of the same logic thread that says Amari Cooper has less upside than Kevin White.

I realize there's a big difference in timed speed, but I think Perriman is pretty similar to Benjamin in talent, opportunity, and holes. Perriman doesn't play as fast as he times. Maybe he can develop that but early on you'll wonder where the speed is. I think he'll have some good games and some frustrating ones where a good NFL CB just takes him out of the game. It'll hard for him to have a terrible year, so his value should at least stay steady.

I don't really like Agholor because it's hard to see the WR1 upside. But it's pretty clear that Chip will use him and he has a talent to succeed in the ways Chip will use him. Whether he reaches his full potential will depend on if he can run deep routes and be successful. If he does, he'll play outside and has a great career ahead of him. If he doesn't, the team will draft someone else to fill that role, and he'll move to the slot and still be decent.

Short term I think Agholor is safer. He'll have success and look more like a veteran. If he doesn't deliver on deep balls or isn't used on deep routes, I'd try to sell high.

I think Agholor is being overrated and perhaps Perriman is too. Agholor wasn't that highly rated last season and I've always thought of him as another Robert Woods (good route runner with soft hands). Perriman does have a history of the drops. Having said that, Greg Cosell likes Perriman and that is good enough for me. I would definitely take him over Agholor. I think he has more upside than Agholor. Someone offered me a trade this morning of Cody Latimer for my Perriman and I refused.

1. Better QB IMO. Bradford sucks and can he stay healthy. than you get Sanchez. What is the future. I like joe Flacco.

2. O philosophy. I know Chip wants to play fast paced but he also wants to run a ton. Why they have 3 nice RB's. Baltimore is run but Trestman loves the air as the new OC.

3. More chances. Smith is old and Matthews/Ertz in play also in Philly. Plus his boy Huff. What competition does Perriman have other than old man Steve and Madd Maxx now. I like opp in Baltimore.

4. Great learning tool in Steve Smith. I think this will be big for Perriman for his upside.

5. Size and Speed. Give me both of those things in a player. I think the other stuff can be taught. Plus I like his family pedigree.

6. USC WR. The past speaks volumes of these guys. Agholor reminds me of many that have come in and they dont see to do that well.

I know the hands has been questioned but I dont think the issue is hands as much as concentration for the Stephon HIll comment. Smith will help concentration. Great start to his rookie camp for the hands. One drop for concentration. I really think he overcomes this and his ceiling is way higher than Agholor's down the line. Give me the guy with a top 10 Chance over the WR who probably will be top 25 but how much higher.
This is the exact answer.

Everything for Perriman screams more opportunity and better, more stable QB and coaches. The addition to Trestman alone is noteworthy, not to mention Flacco and Harbaugh who aren't going anywhere soon.

Thriftyrocker is dead on: Perriman is in a K. Benjamin situation, except he has better coaching and long ball QB.

Perriman, by his physical nature is RARE. He can be Josh Gordon (hold on, someone's at the door...come in Soulfly).

Oh, because Chip has a long history of making bad picks? No, this is his first year as GM....

Oh, because Chip has failed at coaching in the NFL? No, he is 20-12 as an NFL coach so far.....

Oh, because Chip failed at coaching in College? No, I seem to remember he was pretty successful there as well.....

So what has Chip Kelly done in his career that assures you he doesn't know how to make a decent first round selection?

Oh, because Chip has a long history of making bad picks? No, this is his first year as GM....

Oh, because Chip has failed at coaching in the NFL? No, he is 20-12 as an NFL coach so far.....

Oh, because Chip failed at coaching in College? No, I seem to remember he was pretty successful there as well.....

So what has Chip Kelly done in his career that assures you he doesn't know how to make a decent first round selection?
How many playoff wins? Trying to keep the conversation connected to the topic, this is the part that concerns me. Teams make terrible picks. THey make great picks. Sometimes they know how to use them. Sometimes they don't. We can run it through the stats analyzer all day but in the end, only one thing matters: Winning playoff games. If you can't do that, you're not for long in the NFL. You can be as crazy and exciting as Mike Martz all you want, but it won't cut it..Especially not in Philly.

So, when talking Perriman VS> Agholor, the supporting cast is much better in Baltimore. In Dynasty, Perriman.

When was the last USC WR drafted as high? Not Lee, Wood or Colbert (?).

Previous failures like Soward (substance abose problems), Jarrett (big and slow), BMW (big and slow, sat out a year and got out of shape) don't seem to have much in common. Maybe Keyshawn Johnson was the last highly successful USC WR, but he doesn't seem to have much in common, either.

There may be SOME identifiable patterns worth identifying, like Wisconsin RBs haven't traditionally fared well due to huge OLs, but even that has to be tossed out with a prospect like Gordon. Most spread QBs that rack up huge numbers with skills that may not be that translateable to the NFL are suspect?

Everything for Perriman screams more opportunity and better, more stable QB and coaches. The addition to Trestman alone is noteworthy, not to mention Flacco and Harbaugh who aren't going anywhere soon.

Thriftyrocker is dead on: Perriman is in a K. Benjamin situation, except he has better coaching and long ball QB.

Perriman, by his physical nature is RARE. He can be Josh Gordon (hold on, someone's at the door...come in Soulfly).
This is the exactly WRONG answer. It's Agholor by a full round in rookie drafts.

1. Better QB is a wasteful argument because Bradford has all the tools and the only thing stopping him from being a top10 QB is health. Not to mention that Sanchez was very servicable and productive in his short stint as starter.

2. The O philosophy changes with personnel and even when they had McCoy the WR's we're very good. With Matthews being a rookie that year he had a solid year and is only going to get better with an equally great rookie across from him.

3. More chances? How can you say that when you just said Chip wants fast paced offense? I don't even need to pick that one apart. There's plenty of touches to go around especially to a very good route runner coming in like Agholor. Chip's offense it timing based, and if Agholor is always in that spot at that time, he'll be productive.

4. Agholor doesn't need a "great learning tool" when his work ethic is unquestioned. He is known for that which makes him a great pick.

5. Sure Perriman is bigger/faster but Agholor is no slouch in that department either. He ran a 4.42 which isn't slow and he has a natural feel for the game. Better football player overall than Perriman.

6. The whole USC thing is overblown. Evaluate each prospect separate from team dynamic and you have an un-biased result. And for those that want to compare to Lee, he didn't have a bad rookie year either and is a foundation piece for the Jags, again great work ethic and solid route running, he will start to shine soon.

There is no ceiling for a guy who runs great routes and catches everything... You're just looking it as a 5'11 receiver vs. a 6'2 receiver. The ceiling is how they play. Agholor plays with a fire and a competitive edge to him, Perriman doesn't (at least from what I've seen). You can't necessarily put a "ceiling" on it because the game is built for receivers. Again it's not even close for me. Agholor takes the cake.

I am not sure who I like more yet, but this is a great post and very much appreciated.

This is the exactly WRONG answer. It's Agholor by a full round in rookie drafts.

1. Better QB is a wasteful argument because Bradford has all the tools and the only thing stopping him from being a top10 QB is health. Not to mention that Sanchez was very servicable and productive in his short stint as starter.

2. The O philosophy changes with personnel and even when they had McCoy the WR's we're very good. With Matthews being a rookie that year he had a solid year and is only going to get better with an equally great rookie across from him.

3. More chances? How can you say that when you just said Chip wants fast paced offense? I don't even need to pick that one apart. There's plenty of touches to go around especially to a very good route runner coming in like Agholor. Chip's offense it timing based, and if Agholor is always in that spot at that time, he'll be productive.

4. Agholor doesn't need a "great learning tool" when his work ethic is unquestioned. He is known for that which makes him a great pick.

5. Sure Perriman is bigger/faster but Agholor is no slouch in that department either. He ran a 4.42 which isn't slow and he has a natural feel for the game. Better football player overall than Perriman.

6. The whole USC thing is overblown. Evaluate each prospect separate from team dynamic and you have an un-biased result. And for those that want to compare to Lee, he didn't have a bad rookie year either and is a foundation piece for the Jags, again great work ethic and solid route running, he will start to shine soon.

There is no ceiling for a guy who runs great routes and catches everything... You're just looking it as a 5'11 receiver vs. a 6'2 receiver. The ceiling is how they play. Agholor plays with a fire and a competitive edge to him, Perriman doesn't (at least from what I've seen). You can't necessarily put a "ceiling" on it because the game is built for receivers. Again it's not even close for me. Agholor takes the cake.
This is a very good post also. Thank you both for your views on the two. Now to go watch some video and think a bit.

A WR with a first round pedigree going into Chip Kelly's offense tips the scale for me. His physical traits aren't as good as Perriman, but Maclin was able to put up WR8 numbers in that role. Still some upside. Hands is a big concern for a WR.

At pick 7, I'd be happy with either though.

How many playoff wins? Trying to keep the conversation connected to the topic, this is the part that concerns me. Teams make terrible picks. THey make great picks. Sometimes they know how to use them. Sometimes they don't. We can run it through the stats analyzer all day but in the end, only one thing matters: Winning playoff games. If you can't do that, you're not for long in the NFL. You can be as crazy and exciting as Mike Martz all you want, but it won't cut it..Especially not in Philly.

So, when talking Perriman VS> Agholor, the supporting cast is much better in Baltimore. In Dynasty, Perriman.
I was just responding to a post that had no logic behind it, I made no comment about Agholor v. Perriman. Frankly, I think both receivers have been put in really good situations. While Chip may be the riskier coach to go with long term because he took a risky offseason approach of taking a lot of injury prone players, if the injuries don't occur en masse then I think the Eagles will have a very successful season and they will win some playoff games this year. Regardless, I think Chip has two full seasons at least in Philly before he could get fired.

I think you have to weigh the fact that Agholor has a higher risk/reward in his situation, and Perriman has a higher risk/reward in his potential as a player. Your selection should be based on which one you weigh as more important.

Good system + good coaching could mean they hit their ceiling faster....and look better in college vs lower quality competition than they will face in the pros.Not saying I agree, but the idea isn't crazy. It is part of the same logic thread that says Amari Cooper has less upside than Kevin White.
Good point but I guess we could say that about all the elite programs.

When was the last USC WR drafted as high? Not Lee, Wood or Colbert (?).

Previous failures like Soward (substance abose problems), Jarrett (big and slow), BMW (big and slow, sat out a year and got out of shape) don't seem to have much in common. Maybe Keyshawn Johnson was the last highly successful USC WR, but he doesn't seem to have much in common, either.

There may be SOME identifiable patterns worth identifying, like Wisconsin RBs haven't traditionally fared well due to huge OLs, but even that has to be tossed out with a prospect like Gordon. Most spread QBs that rack up huge numbers with skills that may not be that translateable to the NFL are suspect?
I don't have a problem with someone telling me to avoid Wisconsin RB's. There is logic behind that statement. Giant holes to run through artificially increase the perceived talent level of RB's in that system. I'm certainly willing to listen to the same logical arguments about USC WR's. Maybe the history of #1 QB recruits and the weaker defenses in the PAC10? I'd be more likely to get behind that than the blanket statement that USC WR's suck with no argument to back that up.

1. Shew...well, its a good thing that "only thing" (health) really doesn't matter much. Come on. You can't be serious. That's like saying "That dude would be a great race car driver if he knew how to drive...or had a license. you categorically stating that the only thing keeping him from being a top 10 QB is health tells us two things: A)That you don't understand the importance of health as it relates and B) that you are wearing some rose colored glasses because it is really difficult to say that you just KNOW a guy will be a top 10 NFL Qb in a league full of Brady, Manning, Luck, Brees, Rodgers, Wilson, Tannehill, Big Ben, Romo, Flacco, Newton, Ryan, Stafford, Rivers (exactly which FIVE of those guys are you putting Bradford ahead of here to make top 10?). Clearly, you are just looking at "oh my gosh, it's a chip Kelly offense because you miss the bigger point. This is a dynasty question and Sanchez was "so good" that he was universally being called out as the reason the Eagles flopping down the stretch. There will be no Chip Kelly in Philly if he doesn't win in real life.

2. I never said a thing about a USC receiver so take that up with someone else.

3. When people make statements that say "I am doing this", it tells me you assume way too much because you have no idea what I am basing this on. To be clear, it has very little to do with size comparisons. What I have said several times is it is the complete picture:

Player vs. Player-both have qualities the other doesn't have but only one has the ability to be taught what the other doesn't. Quality coaches (e.g., Trestman, Harbaugh, etc) can work on foot work and catching and routes.. That is why they are called coaches. If you want to say "well, it didn't work with DHB or some guy, tell me-who was the outstanding coach working with DHB? Agholor can't be taught to be one of the fastest WRs in the NFL the minute he steps on a field or to be 5 inches taller. This stuff matters!

Coaches vs. Coaches- Chip Kelly is great for fantasy but until he wins in the NFL, he's not as good a dynasty investment as Baltimore because the Ravens, love them or hate them, are ROCK SOLID. Awesome GM, SB winning coach, and an OC that can hang with Kelly. No contest.

Environment-Another no contest. Perriman gets the benefit of learning from one of the most competitive peers he could ask for in Smith. He also has almost literally zero competition. He also has a SB winning QB who has refined the deep ball aspect of his game for the past 4 years. It is tried, tested, and true. And as an aside, the Ravens said they want to limit the snaps of the only WR competition Perriman has. Agholor, conversely, was a guy named Jordan Matthews a year ago. 365 days ago, Matthews WAS Agholor. He was the guy Chip wanted and he was going to replace player X perfectly and fit the system beautifully, etc. Ok, so where do all these balls go on a team with a mega investment in a particular pair of RBs (that Chip wanted), a 2nd year Wr (that chip wanted), a 3rd year TE (that chip has already said will take a step this year), and Agholor?

To me, this could not be any simpler. There is NO way these two should be this much of a toss up. This is just justifying the guy you picked, whichever side you land on. It is the antithesis of the reasoning of, say, had Jay Ajayi went to Dallas. Had he went, nobody would care about knees or rounds drafted and all that. All that would have mattered would have been that the situation he fell into would trump all else. But instead, everyone discounts Jay and completely overlooks the guys that are actually on the team behind the great environment of support.

I won't argue anyone who says Agholor in redraft but in dynasty, it's silly to take Agholor over Perriman because it is probably at least a 3 to 1 chance that, in as little as 3 years, The Eagles have EITHER moved on from Chip or drafted another WR or two or found that Ertz and Matthews and Murray are the 1-2-3 options in that offense or are in year 2 of yet another QB, etc while in 3 years, it is highly likely that Flacco is still there, Ozzie Newsome and Harbaugh are still there, Perriman is now the veteran WR1 established on the team, etc.

Shutout said:
Zyphros said:
Shutout said:
Crippler said:

This is the exact answer.Everything for Perriman screams more opportunity and better, more stable QB and coaches. The addition to Trestman alone is noteworthy, not to mention Flacco and Harbaugh who aren't going anywhere soon.

This is the exactly WRONG answer. It's Agholor by a full round in rookie drafts.1. Better QB is a wasteful argument because Bradford has all the tools and the only thing stopping him from being a top10 QB is health. Not to mention that Sanchez was very servicable and productive in his short stint as starter.

1. Shew...well, its a good thing that "only thing" (health) really doesn't matter much. Come on. You can't be serious. That's like saying "That dude would be a great race car driver if he knew how to drive...or had a license. you categorically stating that the only thing keeping him from being a top 10 QB is health tells us two things: A)That you don't understand the importance of health as it relates and B) that you are wearing some rose colored glasses because it is really difficult to say that you just KNOW a guy will be a top 10 NFL Qb in a league full of Brady, Manning, Luck, Brees, Rodgers, Wilson, Tannehill, Big Ben, Romo, Flacco, Newton, Ryan, Stafford, Rivers (exactly which FIVE of those guys are you putting Bradford ahead of here to make top 10?). Clearly, you are just looking at "oh my gosh, it's a chip Kelly offense because you miss the bigger point. This is a dynasty question and Sanchez was "so good" that he was universally being called out as the reason the Eagles flopping down the stretch. There will be no Chip Kelly in Philly if he doesn't win in real life. 2. I never said a thing about a USC receiver so take that up with someone else.

3. When people make statements that say "I am doing this", it tells me you assume way too much because you have no idea what I am basing this on. To be clear, it has very little to do with size comparisons. What I have said several times is it is the complete picture:

Player vs. Player-both have qualities the other doesn't have but only one has the ability to be taught what the other doesn't. Quality coaches (e.g., Trestman, Harbaugh, etc) can work on foot work and catching and routes.. That is why they are called coaches. If you want to say "well, it didn't work with DHB or some guy, tell me-who was the outstanding coach working with DHB? Agholor can't be taught to be one of the fastest WRs in the NFL the minute he steps on a field or to be 5 inches taller. This stuff matters!

Coaches vs. Coaches- Chip Kelly is great for fantasy but until he wins in the NFL, he's not as good a dynasty investment as Baltimore because the Ravens, love them or hate them, are ROCK SOLID. Awesome GM, SB winning coach, and an OC that can hang with Kelly. No contest.

Environment-Another no contest. Perriman gets the benefit of learning from one of the most competitive peers he could ask for in Smith. He also has almost literally zero competition. He also has a SB winning QB who has refined the deep ball aspect of his game for the past 4 years. It is tried, tested, and true. And as an aside, the Ravens said they want to limit the snaps of the only WR competition Perriman has. Agholor, conversely, was a guy named Jordan Matthews a year ago. 365 days ago, Matthews WAS Agholor. He was the guy Chip wanted and he was going to replace player X perfectly and fit the system beautifully, etc. Ok, so where do all these balls go on a team with a mega investment in a particular pair of RBs (that Chip wanted), a 2nd year Wr (that chip wanted), a 3rd year TE (that chip has already said will take a step this year), and Agholor?

To me, this could not be any simpler. There is NO way these two should be this much of a toss up. This is just justifying the guy you picked, whichever side you land on. It is the antithesis of the reasoning of, say, had Jay Ajayi went to Dallas. Had he went, nobody would care about knees or rounds drafted and all that. All that would have mattered would have been that the situation he fell into would trump all else. But instead, everyone discounts Jay and completely overlooks the guys that are actually on the team behind the great environment of support.

I won't argue anyone who says Agholor in redraft but in dynasty, it's silly to take Agholor over Perriman because it is probably at least a 3 to 1 chance that, in as little as 3 years, The Eagles have EITHER moved on from Chip or drafted another WR or two or found that Ertz and Matthews and Murray are the 1-2-3 options in that offense or are in year 2 of yet another QB, etc while in 3 years, it is highly likely that Flacco is still there, Ozzie Newsome and Harbaugh are still there, Perriman is now the veteran WR1 established on the team, etc.
Good post. I think the relative opportunity and stability of Perriman's situation tips the scales for me.

Good thread and a lot of great discussion/points so far.

I'll take Agholor over Perriman because I'm a full-fledged Chip Kelly believer and I think there's bigger production available in the Eagles passing offense than the Ravens passing offense. Even with Trestman in town, I think the Ravens want to be a run-first team. Philly should be more balanced and has thrown more passing TDs than Baltimore in recent years.

I love the talent level of both guys and would be thrilled with landing either one of them. Both are a great combination of upside (wouldn't be surprised to see either be low end fantasy WR1s at some point) and surprisingly high floors as well due to their almost guaranteed roles in their offenses.

Because of these two and others, it's a "rich get richer" year in dynasty as even the 2014 playoff teams are in prime position to land big-time prospects in the 2nd half of the 1st round.

One other point for a redraft consideration: Baltimore is changing offensive coordinators, so unless Trestman and Kubiak run the same offense (I could be wrong but I don't think they do) Baltimore will be learning a new offense this year. This transition may reduce their output this year due to the learning curve.

One other point for a redraft consideration: Baltimore is changing offensive coordinators, so unless Trestman and Kubiak run the same offense (I could be wrong but I don't think they do) Baltimore will be learning a new offense this year. This transition may reduce their output this year due to the learning curve.
Trestman has already come out and said he's learning the offense rather than have everyone else learn his offense.

Shutout said:
Zyphros said:
Shutout said:
Crippler said:

This is the exact answer.Everything for Perriman screams more opportunity and better, more stable QB and coaches. The addition to Trestman alone is noteworthy, not to mention Flacco and Harbaugh who aren't going anywhere soon.

This is the exactly WRONG answer. It's Agholor by a full round in rookie drafts.1. Better QB is a wasteful argument because Bradford has all the tools and the only thing stopping him from being a top10 QB is health. Not to mention that Sanchez was very servicable and productive in his short stint as starter.

1. Shew...well, its a good thing that "only thing" (health) really doesn't matter much. Come on. You can't be serious. That's like saying "That dude would be a great race car driver if he knew how to drive...or had a license. you categorically stating that the only thing keeping him from being a top 10 QB is health tells us two things: A)That you don't understand the importance of health as it relates and B) that you are wearing some rose colored glasses because it is really difficult to say that you just KNOW a guy will be a top 10 NFL Qb in a league full of Brady, Manning, Luck, Brees, Rodgers, Wilson, Tannehill, Big Ben, Romo, Flacco, Newton, Ryan, Stafford, Rivers (exactly which FIVE of those guys are you putting Bradford ahead of here to make top 10?). Clearly, you are just looking at "oh my gosh, it's a chip Kelly offense because you miss the bigger point. This is a dynasty question and Sanchez was "so good" that he was universally being called out as the reason the Eagles flopping down the stretch. There will be no Chip Kelly in Philly if he doesn't win in real life. 2. I never said a thing about a USC receiver so take that up with someone else.

Trestman is a very bright offensive mind. I have visions of Alshon in my head for Perriman.

Perriman. More opportunity. Agholor is good and all but lets not forget the only reason maclin had such a great season was because riley cooper was so damn awful. The eagles are a run based offense with a #### load of shiny toys in the backfield so how many passes will go agholors way compared to perrimen, doesnt matter if perrimen drops 6 more passes if he gets 30 more targets. only thing in perrimens way is an aging steve smith who broke down last season and wont be taking red zone targets, and trestman made his name by calling jump balls to the tall guys. chances are neither pan out to be consistent WR3s, but perrimen has the higher ceiling imo.

Users who are viewing this thread