What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Remember The Titans Great friggin movie (1 Viewer)

IC FBGCav

Footballguy
I tried to search to find an old thread but the search here sucks. Great movie, still holds ups.

You know who your daddy is? Great stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sappy, cheesy and cliched movie that sucked then and still sucks. Probably could have filmed 2 hours of people singing kum-bay-ah and holding hands instead.

One of Denzel's worst.

Sappy, cheesy and cliched movie that sucked then and still sucks. Probably could have filmed 2 hours of people singing kum-bay-ah and holding hands instead.

One of Denzel's worst.
Man, you are brutal brother, thought Denzel was great..........there is that snob thread you should check out.

One of Denzel's worst.
Man, you are brutal brother, thought Denzel was great..........there is that snob thread you should check out.
C'mon, man.

Guys break out in song (songs, that, of course, just happen to be about struggle, tolerance and redemption) for no reason...check

Obligatory and enlightened gay guy...check

Obligatory fat guys to provide comic relief...check

Coach who just want to bring the team together and teach tolerance and unity...check

Redneck who hates black people but learns about tolerance and become friends with said black people...check

Girl who just wants to play football against societal norms...check

Where do I stop? We've seen this movie 6 bazillion times. It just tried to hard IMO and came off as corny and sappy.

The one time I saw it, I recall not liking the movie to the extent that I knew I'd never want to see it again. So, I haven't.

One of Denzel's worst.
C'mon, man.

Guys break out in song for no reason...check

Coach who just want to bring the team together and teach tolerance and unity...check

Redneck who hates black people but learns about tolerance and become friends with said black people...check

Where do I stop?
It is a Disney film, I think you hit all the checks. I grew up after the school BS. Black kids were bussed in and color didn't matter on the field or on the court. Pretty much everyone else it did. I love getting to grow up with that advantage because playing sports.

One of Denzel's worst.
C'mon, man.

Where do I stop?
It is a Disney film, I think you hit all the checks. I grew up after the school BS. Black kids were bussed in and color didn't matter on the field or on the court. Pretty much everyone else it did. I love getting to grow up with that advantage because playing sports.
Hey, man, that's great that you like it. I'm just saying I didn't.

Instead of trying to make a movie around a good story, they made a movie around a bunch of tired cliches to "teach" us all something.

One of Denzel's worst.
C'mon, man.

Where do I stop?

Instead of trying to make a movie around a good story, they made a movie around a bunch of tired cliches to "teach" us all something.
Again it is Disney, I get it. Happy Happy Joy Joy

One of Denzel's worst.
C'mon, man.

Where do I stop?

The Omar Epps football one tried that and sucked.

One of Denzel's worst.
C'mon, man.

Where do I stop?

Again it is Disney, I get it. Happy Happy Joy Joy
Disney owns Marvel so I'm not so sure that means much.

All the right moves was set in my back yard and didn't think that was real authentic either put I hear you can see Tom's thumb. Just from a Scream movie reference......can u verify :)

Sunshine planting one on Burtier is great, this handles tons of issues.
Too bad that never happened. 90 percent of that movie is inaccurate.
Love to read the real story, is there a book? I know it was "based on true events"
Remember this Titan: The Bill Yost story.
I guess it would not have been hard to find on my own. Thank you. Nothing from Boone?

Who cares. But I do remember thinking there is no way high school football players in the 60's would not be off the charts homophobic.
Pet peeve of mine. Especially when it is this badly "Hollywooded up"

They never danced for pregame warm ups.

The guy that got in the car accident didn't get into the accident until after the season.

The white guy that was qb, was always the qb. There was no lineman that missed a block on purpose

Qb never kissed a guy.

All the teams were black and white.

Championship game was like 66 - 7

The guy that got in the accident and the black guy weren't best friends that hung out or hated each other.

Love to read the real story, is there a book? I know it was "based on true events"
I guess it would not have been hard to find on my own. Thank you. Not hing from Boone?
Maybe, I only read this like 8 years ago and have hated the movie ever since.

And the only thing true about the entire movie is the title.
Pretty much, and like I said it just bothers me. I also hated Lone Survivor, Money ball and a few others.

Who cares. But I do remember thinking there is no way high school football players in the 60's would not be off the charts homophobic.
Pet peeve of mine. Especially when it is this badly "Hollywooded up" They never danced for pregame warm ups.

The guy that got in the car accident didn't get into the accident until after the season.

The white guy that was qb, was always the qb. There was no lineman that missed a block on purpose

Qb never kissed a guy.

All the teams were black and white.

Championship game was like 66 - 7

The guy that got in the accident and the black guy weren't best friends that hung out or hated each other.
I hear you. Pretty much assume Disney movie is going to ham it up.That being said I enjoyed the movie, cheese and all.

The two schools that merged both had top 5 teams the previous year, so they knew they were going to crush everybody as one team. The Titans didn't play a close game all year, and the defense gave up negative net yards on the season.

The two schools that merged both had top 5 teams the previous year, so they knew they were going to crush everybody as one team. The Titans didn't play a close game all year, and the defense gave up negative net yards on the season.
Not as dramatic a movie then.

They had one close game, but in reality this was just a dominate football team and they added in the race factor to make it a compelling story.

They had one close game, but in reality this was just a dominate football team and they added in the race factor to make it a compelling story.
dominant

dominant
Thanks, my phone loves to correct things for me that doesn't need correcting.

I tried to search to find an old thread but the search here sucks. Great movie, still holds ups.

You know who your daddy is? Great stuff.
Old thread about as big as this one.
Most important thing...........how did you get to find what you searched?
Goto google. Type footballguys and whatever you're searching for.
So sad
The sad part is even if you google search a topic and find an old thread it is most likely archived and you can't reply to it. Thanks upgrade!

Users who are viewing this thread