What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best Closing Scene in a Movie (1 Viewer)

Not the best ever but Terminator 3 should get a side award for most surprisingly great ending after an otherwise crappy movie.

In The Time Machine (1960), based on 1895 book by H.G.Wells. Rod Taylor builds a Time Machine and goes into the future to a world based on the child like Eloi who live tota a pleasure life with no record of history or books or feelings (positive or negative). The "morlocks" live underground and eat the Eloi. The movie ends when Taylor goes back to the future and the last line is: "he took 3 books, what 3 books would you take?" Not that dramatic but interesting ending.

Same movie as the one I mentioned for best opening scene: Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Just kidding. I've come to appreciate it over time, but man did I hate that ending when I first saw it as a kid. :lmao:

My favorite is Secretariat at the last race and the people’s faces are being shown and described what they did and in the background is the actual Penny Chenery the real owner of Secretariat. My eyes watered a lot in that movie!

My “didn’t see that coming” ending would be The Village.

My favorite is Secretariat at the last race and the people’s faces are being shown and described what they did and in the background is the actual Penny Chenery the real owner of Secretariat. My eyes watered a lot in that movie!

Congrats on making it to the end of The Village. Disaster of a movie considering the quality cast.

Rocky.

Saw it opening night in a theater, back at a time where there wasn’t a ton of detailed info prior to release. In the final fight scene, half the audience was on their feet …guys were in the aisle throwing punches in the air along with Rocky. It was absolutely electric.

Congrats on making it to the end of The Village. Disaster of a movie considering the quality cast.
I actually enjoyed it. Watched it probably three times so others could experience the “I didn’t expect that” feeling.

Rocky.

Saw it opening night in a theater, back at a time where there wasn’t a ton of detailed info prior to release. In the final fight scene, half the audience was on their feet …guys were in the aisle throwing punches in the air along with Rocky. It was absolutely electric.
I would have loved to seen that!

The Matrix. I remember sitting in the theater and at the end, everyone was looking at each other like what the heck just happened.

Arlington Road
I thought of this one when I read Primal Fear earlier - I've always been a sucker for the bad guy winning. Nice call :suds:
In a similar vein, the movie has it's issues, but... Identity
Interesting pick. “When I was going up the stairs, I met a man who wasn’t there. He wasn’t there again today. I wish, I wish he’d go away.“ Pruitt Taylor Vince and his creepy, jittery eyes. Pretty good cast.

I liked it.

Dazed and Confused. Aerosmith tickets! :slowride:

I just watched this three times. Beings back memories for sure. We used to always pull all nighters to get tickets, and bringing the sun up with the boys. My favorite ending ever, I lived it many times.

My Cousin Vinny courtroom ending was also pretty hilarious at the time.

Last edited:
Since I called out Star Wars: A New Hope in the best opening scene thread, I have to go with this one for closing scene:

Rogue One

I got chills how much it looked like the beginning of ANH (plus some bad *** Vader moves).

Since I called out Star Wars: A New Hope in the best opening scene thread, I have to go with this one for closing scene:

Rogue One

I got chills how much it looked like the beginning of ANH (plus some bad *** Vader moves).
This is hilarious. I was gonna say Rogue One earlier, but didn't want to post it immediately after I said the other two. The best part of this for me was how EVERYONE died. That was shocking, but perfect. Great call!

I will add to the good choices so far:
The Graduate
Somewhere In Time
Kung Fu Hustle
(and all 3 have perfect music for them, too)

Users who are viewing this thread