What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anybody else gonna blow stuff up tonight? (1 Viewer)

ghostguy123

Footballguy
Store bought, home made, what ya got?

My fellow redneck brother and I have some store bought goodies from Phantom Fireworks and American Fireworks. Unfortunately no home made kabooms this year.

Though he does have a manufactured 24 shot mortar tube that he constructed where we put in 24 of the best mortars we have and tie them together with wick. Makes for a nice grand finale.

Anyone?

worst holiday of the year. every bozo and their brother is determined to prevent the neighborhood from getting any reasonable sleep. Set 'em off right after dark and then go back to drinking yourselves into oblivion

worst holiday of the year. every bozo and their brother is determined to prevent the neighborhood from getting any reasonable sleep. Set 'em off right after dark and then go back to drinking yourselves into oblivion
You mean all those dozens upon dozens of people cheering in their back yards?

We dont do em all night champ. Yelling at the wrong guy here.

Man, 1 minute and 1 post and already a sour #### debbie downer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so damned clumsy I'd lose at least one body part the first rocket I set off. Luckily, I live in hillbillyland and can sit on my deck watching others do that. I can also see the fireworks at the county fairgrounds from there.

I'm so damned clumsy I'd lose at least one body part the first rocket I set off. Luckily, I live in hillbillyland and can sit on my deck watching others do that. I can also see the fireworks at the county fairgrounds from there.
I'm ur huckleberry :thumbup:

Why do you hate 'Murica?

You mean all those dozens upon dozens of people cheering in their back yards?We dont do em all night champ. Yelling at the wrong guy here.

Yeah. I start at 9:00 and am done by 9:30. Some folks in my neighborhood will continue past midnight. That's a bit much in my estimation.

You mean all those dozens upon dozens of people cheering in their back yards?We dont do em all night champ. Yelling at the wrong guy here.

Yeah. I start at 9:00 and am done by 9:30. Some folks in my neighborhood will continue past midnight. That's a bit much in my estimation.
Yup. Just plain inconsiderate to set off fireworks after midnight.

It's a shame you codgers can't be troubled to stay up past midnight on a Saturday night :lol:

You guys yell about all the ruckus at midnight on December 31st too? ;)

We'll save some sparklers for you.

Does your penis get hard when you blow set off fireworks cause if it doesn't I can't think of any other reason to do it. Unncessary noise and expense.

Drove through SC recently and stopped at South of the Border. They have a massive fireworks store with awesome looking stuff. For $200 bucks I could have had a rockin' display, but stupid wifey went and said no way!

I had some dbag in my neighborhood setting them off at 3am last night.

I hate traffic and crowds so going anywhere to see them is out. And if I'm going to be having the police come here to give me a hard time, it's going to be over something a helluvalot more fun than fireworks on the fourth of July. So I guess I'll watch the Pops on tv tonight followed by the fireworks on tv.

I really enjoy setting off my own fireworks. I have a 10- month old so I won't be doing it this year but I can't wait until he gets older so we can drive across the border and obtain some illegal fireworks together.

My dad used to take me and my little bro to get them every year. There was a really old veteran who lived in the neighborhood that apparently had ptsd so we weren't allowed to set anything off until the 4th and we had to stop by 10:30... I'll set the same rules for my kids.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really strange here where I live, they can sell fireworks (just fountains and stuff that stays on the ground--no mortars or pop bottle rockets) yet it is illegal to shoot them off. I can never understand this. It is like I can sell and possess drugs, but if I use drugs then I can go to jail.

As of 7/1, they are now legal in Georgia (not that that stopped us before). Only difference is now we save the hour drive to SC to buy 'em.

Store bought, home made, what ya got?

My fellow redneck brother and I have some store bought goodies from Phantom Fireworks and American Fireworks. Unfortunately no home made kabooms this year.

Though he does have a manufactured 24 shot mortar tube that he constructed where we put in 24 of the best mortars we have and tie them together with wick. Makes for a nice grand finale.

Anyone?
no i like having all of my digits.

What is with the focus on the super late night fireworks? Those are just dooshy people and has nothing to do with fireworks. Those idiots belong in the same category as people holding their car horn at 3am, blaring music at 3am, and the many other late night loud things idiots do.

If anyone is complaining about some 11pm fireworks on july 4th on a saturday, you must be the same people who probably tell yourselves to get off your own lawns. Sad.

Fortunately i live in a spot where the kids stay up late with the parents and the entire street is either doing fireworks of their own or watching someone else.

Get a life you grumpy ####s.

Yep. Sun is fully down at 9. Figure an hour maybe two if you're having fun and taking your time with it. Really no need to be setting off #### at 1am.

What is with the focus on the super late night fireworks? Those are just dooshy people and has nothing to do with fireworks. Those idiots belong in the same category as people holding their car horn at 3am, blaring music at 3am, and the many other late night loud things idiots do.

If anyone is complaining about some 11pm fireworks on july 4th on a saturday, you must be the same people who probably tell yourselves to get off your own lawns. Sad.

Fortunately i live in a spot where the kids stay up late with the parents and the entire street is either doing fireworks of their own or watching someone else.

Get a life you grumpy ####s.
Grumpy...more like sensible...Seriously what kind of feeling does it give you? do you.. oh and ah?...do you get tingly? ..does it make you feel manly?

Does being an insufferable grump make you feel manly? I do it one day a year mostly for the kids and some for myself. You are clearly a grump everyday.

Stay off your own lawn.

Pork shoulder still smoking

Corned beef done smoking, its like pastrami

Chicken wings smoking

Burgers and dogs ready

Croquet and volleyball set up.

Fireworks ready

folks to start arriving soon

Beer on ice and tapped

Ice cream pies done

Soda in ice bucket

Still need to fill water balloons and take a shower

There is a lot of smoke at my place all day on the fourth.

Chicken wings smoking

Burgers and dogs ready

Fireworks ready

Beer on ice and tapped

Ice cream pies done

Soda in ice bucket

That's not manly. July 4th is for sitting alone in your darkened living room with a scowl and bottle of mid-grade scotch.... only gettin getting up to peek between your blinds and shake your fist at the neighbors out enjoying themselves.

If you don't think fireworks are cool, time to get your T level checked.
Professional fireworks shows are cool.

Lighting off some legal/safe&sane fireworks for your kids is cool...if you stop at a reasonable hour, are responsible, and clean up after yourself.

Making your own bombs or whatever, shooting bottle rockets all over the damn place, or doing anything that puts people or property in danger is an ###hole move.

Everything here in California is dry as a bone. Could be a lot of totally unnecessary #### going down tonight.

If you do plan to light big booming fireworks off please do take a minute and think if you have any neighbors that are veterans that may served active duty in a war zone. I don't need your consideration for my 7 year old so long as the festivities wrap up semi early and it's once a year. My neighbor on the other hand served two tours in Iraq and has been on the receiving end of enemy mortors. I can tell you he doesn't enjoy fireworks the same way the rest of us do and he absolutely deserves our collective consideration.

also please be careful. I do have a freind who spent a night in the ER with a lacerated thigh two years ago due to a fireworks accident. His life was never in jeapordy, it just sucked.

Chicken wings smoking

Burgers and dogs ready

Fireworks ready

Beer on ice and tapped

Ice cream pies done

Soda in ice bucket

well done sir....

Leave it to the professionals, people. Now, I'm going to go walk around my neighborhood with my phone, record people setting them off and then call the police.

Users who are viewing this thread