What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Question about FAAB (1 Viewer)

themeistersinger

Footballguy
Our league is considering adopting FAAB this year for waivers. I have a question about how this works (ESPN league if that matters).

Say waivers go Tuesday morning at 4 AM. Say a particular player has no waiver bids put in on him. Does that player become a true free agent for that week (i.e. eligible to be claimed immediately for no cost) or does another round of waiver processing happen on Wednesday morning and that player requires another bid again?

Thanks in advance.

Should that First Come First Serve be at no cost or at a minimum amount of $1 or some other figure?

Should that First Come First Serve be at no cost or at a minimum amount of $1 or some other figure?
I have heard of free or $1. We make it free, but charging a dollar adds more strategy to budgeting long term. I'm not sure it matters too much. We also allow trading of the FAAB money.

WHY do both? I like FAAB leagues that do not have FCFS waivers after FAAB you are giving teams a "do over" and they are picking up players for no FAAB units while others had to use theirs.

WHY do both? I like FAAB leagues that do not have FCFS waivers after FAAB you are giving teams a "do over" and they are picking up players for no FAAB units while others had to use theirs.
They used them for a better chance at securing the player. There is an opportunity cost to waiting in the hope of getting for free. The "do over" happens with a depleted selection of options.

Everyone had their shot at the players on waivers. If a player clears, that means nobody thought they were even worth $1. I don't see the problem in going FCFS after that. What do you propose? Locking the rosters after waivers? Doing a second round of bidding on players nobody wanted to bid on in the first place?

They used them for a better chance at securing the player. There is an opportunity cost to waiting in the hope of getting for free. The "do over" happens with a depleted selection of options.
You are right. It isn't a do-over. It is picking up the scraps. You can't compare the guys that spent say $25 on Justin Forsett or $40 on CJ Anderson with the guy that waited and got Boobie Dixon and Storm Johnson. Sure they saved FAAB money, but they also got crappy players. The breakout difference makers like a Jeremy Hill, Julius Thomas, Keenan Allen, and Tre Mason aren't coming for free. If they are, that is an indictment on your league.

The only way to get one of those guys for free is to be ahead of the curve and add them before they breakout and before anyone realizes their potential. IMO, thats just good fantasy football and an owner should be rewarded for their foresight. Once Allen had that 6 catch 115 yard 1TD game, you weren't getting him for free. You had to have gotten him before that because you saw potential despite his 3 ppg season average.

Users who are viewing this thread