What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Im starting Andre Johnson over ___________ ? (1 Viewer)

ImTheScientist

Footballguy
You would have to think if he is on your team and there was one game in which you should start him it would be this week. Im starting him over Jeremy Hill. This type of move isn't for everyone, but this week he will reward people. I haven't started him since week 1 and despite posting back to back 0 point weeks Im going to roll the dice. Those who follow in my footsteps can thank me later. :hifive:

Andre has always been one of my favorite players and like everyone else was super excited about him finally having a "legit" QB. But I'm ready to drop him. I understand it's only been four games but he just doesn't look the same. Literally. He used to have that freak of nature look. Now he looks like an out of shape TE.

If you are even considering starting him I would say you haven't seen a Colts game this year. Guy is toast just like Roddy.

He looks terrible. He has just fallen off a freaking cliff. Don't do it. There's seriously nobody else available? I would start any of the Seahawks wrs over him this week, especially seeing that they will most likely be trailing bad by halftime.

I get not wanting to start Hill, I am in the same boat.

He is now on my bench FWIW. I just can't go there without Luck.
Yeah, that's what I cam in to comment on. I was with you as the sneaky what the heck move because of the homecoming but can't do it with a less than 100% Matt Hass. If he performs big in this situation tonight, I think we have to seriously wonder how that happens-how Luck can't make him relevant in three tries but the sick backup can.

Yeah, that's what I cam in to comment on. I was with you as the sneaky what the heck move because of the homecoming but can't do it with a less than 100% Matt Hass. If he performs big in this situation tonight, I think we have to seriously wonder how that happens-how Luck can't make him relevant in three tries but the sick backup can.
The one game I did see left me wondering why they were using him the way they were. It almost looks like every play from the slot he was running deep/clear out type routs and other guys underneath were getting the ball.

Just keeping him on your roster is a risky play at this point - I can't see how you start him. He's caught 7 out of 20 targets, has put up zeros the last two weeks on 2 and 1 targets respectively, has Hass chucking it, emergence of Moncrief, etc. etc.. If you're holding him, your'e hoping it's a system issue and not a physical one, but I'm not seeing a lot of athleticism there. He's likely done.

Holding him one more week, just in case. Tonight without Luck isn't promising. But as long as he's not in my lineup, he's droppable after Thursday for a flier, which I may need.

It'll be good to see how he does tonight, either way.

Looks like you were right.To bad I dropped him last week.I still have him in the subscriber contest though so there is that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mookie said:
Just keeping him on your roster is a risky play at this point - I can't see how you start him. He's caught 7 out of 20 targets, has put up zeros the last two weeks on 2 and 1 targets respectively, has Hass chucking it, emergence of Moncrief, etc. etc.. If you're holding him, your'e hoping it's a system issue and not a physical one, but I'm not seeing a lot of athleticism there. He's likely done.
Start him with confidence!

Probably the peak of his season. Makes sense they'd feed him the ball in his homecoming game and try to get him at least one TD.

What tonight's outburst does is ensure that anyone who hasn't dropped him yet will have to hold him for many more weeks wondering whether this was an anomaly - and it's likely that it was, and by continuing to start him he'll cough up more donuts for your lineup. Hope is dangerous. This is a recipe for ulcers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Way to stay with your conviction.

#weak
That troll attempt is #weak . You are better than that.
I came in here and started reading the posts and was about to post "i hate it when good fantasy results happen to bad people".... and really feared this would start an all out arrogant scientist prediction blitz in every thread....

And then the post about how he benched him came up. Sometimes the fantasy gods do good things. Not often, but sometimes.

#weak
I came in here and started reading the posts and was about to post "i hate it when good fantasy results happen to bad people".... and really feared this would start an all out arrogant scientist prediction blitz in every thread....

And then the post about how he benched him came up. Sometimes the fantasy gods do good things. Not often, but sometimes.
Why you dogging him? I applaud him for making the initial statement. It's more guts than 95% of the people here that just want to chirp "Odell/Julio/Antonio" every week of their lives.

It was a good thought. A lot of us could see the Colts wanting to make good for AJ on his homecoming. It was obvious when they had Hilton Screening for the bigger AJ on that 2nd TD (usually that would be the other way around). So when Luck can't go and Hass is sick, you can't possibly dog a guy for changing his mind, especially given I've seen guys around here change their lineups when they hear any of 1000 things.

It was a good first thought by him.

How's this for a trifecta:

1) I finally give up on him and drop him this week.

2) My opponent picks him up 8 minutes before kickoff last night and actually starts him.

3) I started Moncrief.

It's all so absurd I can't even be mad about it.

:ptts:

#weak

Why you dogging him? I applaud him for making the initial statement. It's more guts than 95% of the people here that just want to chirp "Odell/Julio/Antonio" every week of their lives.

It was a good thought. A lot of us could see the Colts wanting to make good for AJ on his homecoming. It was obvious when they had Hilton Screening for the bigger AJ on that 2nd TD (usually that would be the other way around). So when Luck can't go and Hass is sick, you can't possibly dog a guy for changing his mind, especially given I've seen guys around here change their lineups when they hear any of 1000 things.

It was a good first thought by him.
Was just kidding around Wasn't dogging the call at all, It was clearly a really good one. Was just happy that it didn't work out for someone like himself haha.

2) My opponent picks him up 8 minutes before kickoff last night and actually starts him.

3) I started Moncrief.

this is one of the few times I DO care about your fantasy team. That is insanely bad luck.

steviey said:

3) I started Moncrief.

Double revenge for Andre.

Users who are viewing this thread