What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Where are you from? (1 Viewer)

Where are you from?

• Chicago

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New York

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Boston

• Atlanta

• Philly

• KC

• California

• Florida

• Texas

• Other

Votes: 8 66.7%

• Total voters
May I say, THANK GOD FOR THAT!
This is true.Nothing funnier than someone from Orange (vanilla) County trying to tell people there is A BIG difference between them and LA. :rotflmao:

It's one elongated concrete block where image reigns supreme. :brush: :X :wall:

This is true.Nothing funnier than someone from Orange (vanilla) County trying to tell people there is A BIG difference between them and LA. :rotflmao: It's one elongated concrete block where image reigns supreme. :unsure: :cool: :unsure:
Whiney, Sarcastic and a know-it-all-attitude might be a few examples of how LA differs from OC. :yes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Fort Riley, Kansas for me. Try being a Midwest Seahawker in Chiefs territory...I'm loving it!

Charleston, South Carolina
Mjolnirs, beautiful city that Charleston, South Carolina is :unsure: I use to love hanging out by The Battery.

This is true.Nothing funnier than someone from Orange (vanilla) County trying to tell people there is A BIG difference between them and LA. :rotflmao: It's one elongated concrete block where image reigns supreme. :unsure:   :cool:   :unsure:
Whiney, Sarcastic and a know-it-all-attitude might be a few examples of how LA differs from OC. :yes:
Been here and there, moron...over 30 years. You'll notice, I ragged on BOTH...while giving SD props. And it was not me that ensued there was a big difference. I replied is all. In fact, the elongated concrete block I referred to STARTS in LA.SF/LA = Big Difference :yes: ...OC/LA = Please... :no: There are some nice areas in both...Laguna is great. HOWEVER, Acting like there is a huge difference, is laughable...nothing funnier than your neighbor thinking they're so much different/superior. Hilarious. Now THAT, is arrogant.Tell you what, when you leave your 5 bedroom, 2 resident tract home tonight, amongst the other rats in the maze, you can drop your leased BMW off to the valet at Hard Rock in Newport Beach (because you can't walk 30 yards and valet is too cool)...plus, it will look good next to other "beemers". You know...the Hard Rock in the mall you call Fashion Island.Anyway, walk in with your wife/chic and her botox, J-lo glasses, collagen, dyed blonde hair and hardening, massive mounds of silicone on her chest...and look for me.Er...wait...I won't know how to find you amongst the 220 people that look exactly the same... :rotflmao: They don't call it ZOOport Beach for nothing... :D OC has as much character as a slug. Seen one...seen em' all.Yeah, it's SO different than LA... :rotflmao:

Ok, I give. You are right. I painted with too broad of a brush. I like that description of Newport Beach though... pretty accurate.

Ok, I give. You are right. I painted with too broad of a brush. I like that description of Newport Beach though... pretty accurate.
Wow...that was not the reply I expected. :unsure: Hmm...Pretty funny response. :yes: Anyway, all I'm saying is we've got it here...you've got it there. It's just in different forms. No biggie. I'm actually living half of the time in Laguna right now...great town. As long as they don't put those MASSIVE housing developements all over the tops of the hills above the ocean, Laguna will remain a sweet place.All that development outside CDM... :unsure: I remember deer...lots of them...roaming those hills. No joke.Some development is necessary, I know...but, the way they raped that land....bad.I'm off to sit in LA traffic... :yes: Peace.Wait...I forgot my shades... :cool:

I'm "from" Philly, which is what you asked. :no: But I live in NC about 2 hours from Charlotte. Plus I lived in Dallas for 12 yrs. But for some reason I've been a Raider's fan since I was a kid. I'm 49 now so ,,, ,,, I've been a Raiders fan since Daryle was the QB :D

Well, you can add another WNY person to the list... Rochester here. Kind of scary how many of us there are here.

Hard to imagine the mighty metro area of Balt-DC-No. Va not deserving of a spot in the poll. There's a bunch of us here from the area.
Ditto! Those of us within sight of the five-sided funny farm (Pentagon) need some props too!

I'm from the home of the greatest middle linebacker of all time!!!....... where else Baltimore,MD Ravens 4 life!!! :P

Whoa, hold on there, gutter. Philly is THE WORST sports town in America. You make the losers in Boston loveable. Best event to watch in Philly's "rich" history? ECW
Just try to name a city that's more passionate about their sports than Philly. We don't like bums and we don't like players who don't give 100% all the time. Oh and we don't like players or fans from other cities because we have a lot of pride for our teams, even if they aren't the best. If there's something wrong with that than I guess I don't want to right. And in case you haven't heard, wrestling isn't a sport. It's a soap opera for men.

Just try to name a city that's more passionate about their sports than Philly. We don't like bums and we don't like players who don't give 100% all the time. Oh and we don't like players or fans from other cities because we have a lot of pride for our teams, even if they aren't the best. If there's something wrong with that than I guess I don't want to right. And in case you haven't heard, wrestling isn't a sport. It's a soap opera for men.
NY and Boston to name 2. Passion is one thing. You people booed Steve Carlton and Mike Schmidt! How about the "warm" reception that you gave Donovan at the Draft? Your city was the first to install a Court with a Judge seated on the bench for every Sunday in your stadium,Complete with it's own holding cell!I understand your city has really had nothing to root for since the early 80's but c'mon, going to games is just an excuse to get drunk in Philly.

Seattle, WA for me. The results are pretty much what one would expect, aren't they? Not a representative number of Californians responding, but then why waste the time and energy?I think that part of the reason some teams draw more attention is that they are more interesting to talk about. Also, the sports media in some cities are more provocative, so even if the players/teams aren't more interesting, somehow they end up seeming more interesting to talk about.2 cents. :thumbdown:

no D-town on that list??? Detroit is one of the best sport cities in america! :thumbup:

Detroit Lions 2006 Ford Field Super Bowl Champions!

Halfway between LA and SF.....Pismo Beach.No, its really not that nice....don't move here, Southern Californians...... :yes:

YOUNGSTOWN, OHIO...HOME OF JIM TRAFICANT ( OUSTED CONGRESSMAN )HALFWAY BETWEEN PITTSBURGH AND CLEVELANDNOTORIUS FOR MAFIA CONNECTIONSAND THE PROUD CITY WITH A HIGHER PER CAPITAL HOMICIDE RATE THEN NEW YORK, CHI TOWN, AND DETROITAHHH HEAVEN

Fayetteville, ArkansasYes, I wear my shoes an have all my teeth and NO I did not marry my sister, brother, cousin or anyone like that!!

Gotta add the magic island of Maui in the 50th state of Hawaii to this list. Love it here, but wish I could be in St. Louis to watch my beloved Rams during the football season.

Can you imagine having to get up and watch games at 7 in the morning? :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread