What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I quit smoking! (2 Viewers)

Shuke, are you working while trying to quit? If it helps, I took off Friday (my quit day) so I didn't annoy too many people. By Monday I was still a little edgy, but not bad.
At work, but completely unproductive. Can't concetrate.
give me a call if you need anything. :confused:
:hophead: just an FYI:

"Urea is used as a flavorant In the manufacture of cigarettes."

http://tobaccodocuments.org/product_design...99957-9961.html

mmmm mmmmm good... taste that urea!

I am at the 2 hour mark. I quit for 2 1/2 years. Then I went to VietNam and China back in Jan. and THEY hooked me again. I smoked everyday for 3 weeks while I was there.I hope I can kick it again.....but just as I type this all a can think about is having a smoke. I am just going to eat a candy bar every time I want to smoke. I should hit 300 pounds in about a week!
do 25 pushups instead of the candy bar. the endorphins will help.

Shuke, are you working while trying to quit? If it helps, I took off Friday (my quit day) so I didn't annoy too many people. By Monday I was still a little edgy, but not bad.
give me a call if you need anything. :lol:
:lmao: just an FYI:

I think most smokers know exactly how bad smoking is and have heard all the crap that's in them. You could have told me that cigarettes also contain chopped up puppies, sludge from the Hudson river and Rosie O'donnell's toe nails and it would still be hard to quit.

I hope cold turkey works for Shuke and anyone else that tries. It didn't for me, so I use Chantix. I hate sounding like a Chantix spammer :) , but I needed extra help and that worked so far.

It's been 4 weeks and 5 days.

give me a call if you need anything. :lol:
:lmao: just an FYI:

I think most smokers know exactly how bad smoking is and have heard all the crap that's in them. You could have told me that cigarettes also contain chopped up puppies, sludge from the Hudson river and Rosie O'donnell's toe nails and it would still be hard to quit.

I hope cold turkey works for Shuke and anyone else that tries. It didn't for me, so I use Chantix. I hate sounding like a Chantix spammer :) , but I needed extra help and that worked so far.

It's been 4 weeks and 5 days.
no doubt. i smoked for 6 years. pack to a pack and a half a day.quit cold turkey.

it sucked.

just thought shuke might want to hear he's smoking #### (basically). something about that caught me off guard. :)

I am at the 2 hour mark. I quit for 2 1/2 years. Then I went to VietNam and China back in Jan. and THEY hooked me again. I smoked everyday for 3 weeks while I was there.

I hope I can kick it again.....but just as I type this all a can think about is having a smoke. I am just going to eat a candy bar every time I want to smoke. I should hit 300 pounds in about a week!
do 25 pushups instead of the candy bar. the endorphins will help.
I am going back to the gym starting Today! Turning over a new leaf.....new found lease on life....Man I really want a cig!!

I don't know if I can do this. I have some Nicorette with me but I'm afraid to use it.

I feel like crying. For no absolute reason.

I don't know if I can do this. I have some Nicorette with me but I'm afraid to use it. I feel like crying. For no absolute reason.
Nicorette was like chewing on a cigarette. :banned:

I don't know if I can do this. I have some Nicorette with me but I'm afraid to use it. I feel like crying. For no absolute reason.
Seriously, take a walk. Do something to take your mind off smoking. You've made it to this point, so if you chew the nicorette, you'll be back here in another day. The physical withdrawal should be over in another day.

At the 24hr mark......The though of smoking consumes my every thought......My mind keeps giving me reasons I should smoke.....its like that little devil on my shoulder....ugh

Mrs. BSR said:
mr. id said:
:wall: Shuke, you need to get out and do something. May I suggest finding Furley and beating the crap out of him and his alleged iron will? You'll feel much better and get in some exercise!
bring it :yes: i'd just circle around him til he passed out anyways :excited:

Mrs. BSR said:
mr. id said:
:bye: Shuke, you need to get out and do something. May I suggest finding Furley and beating the crap out of him and his alleged iron will? You'll feel much better and get in some exercise!
bring it :mellow: i'd just circle around him til he passed out anyways :hot:
:whistle:
get it? cause the smoking decreases lung capacity.. i'd run circles around him til he fell down... aww hell.. it loses something in the explanation.

The Bad CEO said:
shuke said:
Nicorette was like chewing on a cigarette. :yes:
Maybe 5 years ago, but they have mint flavor now.

Last edited by a moderator:
mr. id said:
Mrs. BSR said:
mr. id said:
shuke said:
#### this ####.
:lmao:
:angry: It's not funny. Shame on you!
:lmao: i went through the same thing. but i have an inflexible iron will and quit the first time. :lmao:
:lmao: No one quits the first time. You don't have to make up stories about being a hardcore smoker to make friends around here.
:lmao:real men quit!
Pathetic :mellow:
:lmao: oh come on. everyone who tries to quit gets busted on by their (i)friends. it happens. shuke's a big boy. he'll quit whether i mock him or not.

mr. id said:
Mrs. BSR said:
mr. id said:
shuke said:
#### this ####.
:lmao:
:lmao: It's not funny. Shame on you!
:lmao: i went through the same thing. but i have an inflexible iron will and quit the first time. :lmao:
:thumbup: No one quits the first time. You don't have to make up stories about being a hardcore smoker to make friends around here.
Furley HAS to lie to make friends. How else is he gonna do it? Personality? Post quality? Looks?Three strikes.....

43rd hour mark. I am very much on edge. I am doing this cold turkey(which is how I quit last time for 2-1/2 years) but it seems more difficult this time! I need a :pokey: but all it will do is make me want to smoke even more!

Thinking of starting up again so I can take Chantix.
That first week of Chantix, when you can smoke as much as you want, I think I smoked more than I ever smoked before.Because, as Chantix builds up in your system, smoking has less and less of an effect.By day 6, smoking a cigarette was basically a useless exercise. Which made it easy to just lay it down on day 7.

That first week of Chantix, when you can smoke as much as you want, I think I smoked more than I ever smoked before.Because, as Chantix builds up in your system, smoking has less and less of an effect.By day 6, smoking a cigarette was basically a useless exercise. Which made it easy to just lay it down on day 7.
:unsure:

:popcorn:
Would Chantix have as good of an effect if I started it today? What if I started chewing Nicorette and taking chantix, then stopped the nicorette in a week?I was just at the store, and I almost punched a 70 year old woman in the face, because I thought she was taking up too much of the aisle.

:hey:
Would Chantix have as good of an effect if I started it today? What if I started chewing Nicorette and taking chantix, then stopped the nicorette in a week?I was just at the store, and I almost punched a 70 year old woman in the face, because I thought she was taking up too much of the aisle.
Well, without getting too deep (which I can't, it's not my field). The Chantix will fill some of the need and you are not going to be that irritable. You'll still be edgy as I was with the Chantix. During first few days of my quit week, I managed to piss of the secretary, my SO avoided me and I managed to get a time out from FBG.I thought about smoking every minute that wasn't occupied by something that needed my immediate attention. Don't think Chantix is the cure all; it'll just make it a little easier.

Like I said before, I couldn't quit cold turkey. I guess I wasn't has manly as Furley :goodposting: , so I needed help.

4 Weeks 7 Days

Last edited:
:no:
Well, without getting too deep (which I can't, it's not my field). The Chantix will fill some of the need and you are not going to be that irritable. You'll still be edgy as I was with the Chantix. During first few days of my quit week, I managed to piss of the secretary, my SO avoided me and I managed to get a time out from FBG.I thought about smoking every minute that wasn't occupied by something that needed my immediate attention. Don't think Chantix is the cure all; it'll just make it a little easier.

Like I said before, I couldn't quit cold turkey. I guess I wasn't has manly as Furley :) , so I needed help.

4 Weeks 7 Days
I just popped some Nicorette. I'm weak. I was hyperventilating, couldn't see straight, have not gotten anything done at work the past two days because I have the attention span of Furley, and ate so much for lunch I felt sick.I got a script for Chantix from my doctor this morning.

I was just at the store, and I almost punched a 70 year old woman in the face, because I thought she was taking up too much of the aisle.
I quit about 15 months ago, and I still have the urge to do this from time to time.GL with the Chantix. Though you are a good part of the way through the physical withdrawal period already, so consider that before lighting up.

Serious question about the Chantix.

I've been reading up on it, and in all the studies the users smoked for the first week while on Chantix. Does this play a part in the drug's success? Does it help with the psychological addiction by making smoking less pleasurable?

Just curious if I start Chantix today do I have a better chance of being a permanent non-smoker by smoking for just one more week?

Or is that the addiction talking, trying to justify further use?

So far:

Tues: no nicotine

Wed: no nicotine

Thur: 3 pieces of 2mg Nicorette

Fri: 1 piece of 2mg Nicorette

Serious question about the Chantix. I've been reading up on it, and in all the studies the users smoked for the first week while on Chantix. Does this play a part in the drug's success? Does it help with the psychological addiction by making smoking less pleasurable?Just curious if I start Chantix today do I have a better chance of being a permanent non-smoker by smoking for just one more week?Or is that the addiction talking, trying to justify further use?So far:Tues: no nicotineWed: no nicotineThur: 3 pieces of 2mg NicoretteFri: 1 piece of 2mg Nicorette
I think it does help to smoke that first week. Because, after a few days, there really is no longer an "enjoyment" angle on smoking, your only really doing it out of habit. And then its like, well, thats dumb, and then you stop.FYI, my withdrawl was basically nonexistant with Chantix. Must not be the same for everyone.Day 21 for me.

Serious question about the Chantix. I've been reading up on it, and in all the studies the users smoked for the first week while on Chantix. Does this play a part in the drug's success? Does it help with the psychological addiction by making smoking less pleasurable?Just curious if I start Chantix today do I have a better chance of being a permanent non-smoker by smoking for just one more week?Or is that the addiction talking, trying to justify further use?So far:Tues: no nicotineWed: no nicotineThur: 3 pieces of 2mg NicoretteFri: 1 piece of 2mg Nicorette
I think it does help to smoke that first week. Because, after a few days, there really is no longer an "enjoyment" angle on smoking, your only really doing it out of habit. And then its like, well, thats dumb, and then you stop.FYI, my withdrawl was basically nonexistant with Chantix. Must not be the same for everyone.Day 21 for me.
Good job.21 days off nicotine or 21 days off Chantix?

Good job.21 days off nicotine or 21 days off Chantix?
Off nicotine.Still on Chantix. Plan on staying on Chantix for ethier 3 or 6 months.

:thumbup:

Like I said before, I couldn't quit cold turkey. I guess I wasn't has manly as Furley :lmao: , so I needed help.

4 Weeks 7 Days
I just popped some Nicorette. I'm weak. I was hyperventilating, couldn't see straight, have not gotten anything done at work the past two days because I have the attention span of Furley, and ate so much for lunch I felt sick.I got a script for Chantix from my doctor this morning.
What kind of doctor do I need to go to to get this stuff?

:excited:

Like I said before, I couldn't quit cold turkey. I guess I wasn't has manly as Furley :yes: , so I needed help.

4 Weeks 7 Days
What kind of doctor do I need to go to to get this stuff?
Your GP/family doctor.

Users who are viewing this thread