What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** FBG All things BATTLEFIELD Thread (2 Viewers)

Great stuff Gator. That would explain three or four reason why I miss the whole carrier when I tried it the first time. I also need to setup a quick button to see my results after a run. I think its the forward chase cam.
F11 is the rear chase cam. That's what you want to use.You can also hold down left ctrl and look ALMOST all the way back.

One thing too, play a lot of single player to practice the timing. It wil hold true online. It's not like pwning the computer on single player and thinking you are the man. If you can bomb in single player, you can bomb online

One more bit of advice. get to know the flags, safe ingress and egress routes. For example, in Dragon valley, if you fly east over the mountains, and then come down on wood yard drop bomds turn 90 degrees and go low over the water, the AA from wood yard can't get you. However, the AA at the flag in the center of the map can.

Also, always check your six. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, outstanding issues.

1) Joystick being reverse of what it should be.

2) Good msg boards to throw questions at.

Any others?

Ok, outstanding issues.

3) Davej626 still suXor even if those issues are resolved.

Any others?
Added another

My X1900XT crapped out on me - giving me tons of artifacts, so I had to RMA it. In the meantime, I am stuck with my P4 3.0, 2 GB RAM and ATI X800XL. :cry:

My X1900XT crapped out on me - giving me tons of artifacts, so I had to RMA it. In the meantime, I am stuck with my P4 3.0, 2 GB RAM and ATI X800XL. :cry:
Well, at least it was good while it lasted.
I sent it back, it will be there tomorrow, my new one will ship early next week. I played on this one last night for about 30 minutes and it was still pretty OK - everything at high and 2X AA. However, with the x1900xt, you can go in and change the video.con settings for ULTRA, which is not an option normally. :bow:

i gotta finally but this game this weekend.
It's never too late to get into it... Might I suggest playing the single player mode before jumping online.... I had a friend come over and he went straight to playing online.

He got PWN'd so bad he decided to stick to CS.

It's never too late to get into it... Might I suggest playing the single player mode before jumping online.... I had a friend come over and he went straight to playing online.

Really? I played CS Source for about 8 months straight before BF2 came out. When I first started played BF2 I thought it was slow. I was owning like a mofo.

Really? I played CS Source for about 8 months straight before BF2 came out. When I first started played BF2 I thought it was slow. I was owning like a mofo.
Now I'm confused. I've never played any CS myself and my friend isn't new to these type of games...Maybe you're just gifted? :shrug:

lol, not gifted. CS Source is a much faster paced game than BF2 IMO. I think most would agree with that.

lol, not gifted. CS Source is a much faster paced game than BF2 IMO. I think most would agree with that.
yup. CS can be very fast paced. I just could never stand all the hacking and AWP whoring that went on. That gun was insane and some were just lethal with it.

Yeah, AWP wh0res suck. That's why I usually played on servers that banned that weapon.

Hey fellas - this thread is about BF2, no CS. Feel free to start your own CS:S thread. :ptts:

;)

I am SOOOO gonna be on tonight, even if it is on my stupid other computer. :kicksrock:

:devil: <--- This is me thinking about "buying" a new X1900XT at one of the big box stores and then returning it after a week. :bag:

:devil: <--- This is me thinking about "buying" a new X1900XT at one of the big box stores and then returning it after a week. :bag:
:Geeks Annonymous Meeting:Hi my name is Mad Cow and I am addicted to video cards....

HI MAD COW!

Ok, outstanding issues.

Any others?
Added another
ah, I admitted this three pages back. Thanks for keeping up there King :nerd:

Ok, outstanding issues.

Any others?
Added another
ah, I admitted this three pages back. Thanks for keeping up there King :nerd:
Sorry, but I am in mourning over the loss of my video card for a week. :cry: It's been a rough couple of days, you know?

Since there was plane talk a bit ago, thought you guys might like this video. It is kinda large, but I didn't know you could do some of that stuff.

LINK

Since there was plane talk a bit ago, thought you guys might like this video. It is kinda large, but I didn't know you could do some of that stuff.

LINK
That kid really needs to go to a park or something. See you guys inside shortly. And after all the whining i had to listen to last time, i won't be commanding.

Oh I've done this. :thumbup: Going in now for a little while and then more later after kids go down.

:backfrombeach:

:hot: =sunburn

Played most of the afternoon.

I really enjoy it, but just do not get a high kill count ever.

It still irks me when you get around a chopper and wait (I never fly because I stink at it) and the thing gets filled up and then the newbie flyer crashes it on the pad tk'ing us all.

Corp, how was the beach? Too early to get eaten by a shark right?

I am traveling for work tonight through tuesday, but I'll be back in the game Wednesday.

Though I'm one of the few people that didn't like the original BF, I finally picked up a copy of BF2 today. I was out of anything to play and I found it for a great deal.

Staples has BF2 on clearance for $19.90!!! Don't freak out if the tag still says $49.99, just do a price check and you'll hear $19.90. Want it for even less? Take in an old ink cartridge and get another $3 off!

I'm going to play it solo for a while to catch up, then I'll come back here and join in for some multi-player.

PS - Just for the :nerd: factor, here are the specs of my lastest build:

MSI K8N Diamond Plus (NF4 mobo w/32 SLI & onboard Audigy & N/S heatpipe cooler)

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ (dual core w/ AMD's heat pipe cooler)

2 x 1GB G.Skill DDR 500

eVGA GeForce 7900 GT OC (500/1500 outta the box)

2 x 250 GB WD Sata II HDs in RAID 0

Though I'm one of the few people that didn't like the original BF, I finally picked up a copy of BF2 today.  I was out of anything to play and I found it for a great deal. 

Staples has BF2 on clearance for $19.90!!!  Don't freak out if the tag still says $49.99, just do a price check and you'll hear $19.90.  Want it for even less?  Take in an old ink cartridge and get another $3 off!

I'm going to play it solo for a while to catch up, then I'll come back here and join in for some multi-player.

PS - Just for the  :nerd: factor, here are the specs of my lastest build:

2 x 1GB G.Skill DDR 500

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sweet.Yeah, I saw last week on slickdeals that staples had it for under $20, but wonder if they have it locally. I already own 2 copies - one for work and 1 for home - that way I have a copy for my bro-in-law when he will join us one of these times.

Though I'm one of the few people that didn't like the original BF, I finally picked up a copy of BF2 today.  I was out of anything to play and I found it for a great deal. 

Staples has BF2 on clearance for $19.90!!!  Don't freak out if the tag still says $49.99, just do a price check and you'll hear $19.90.  Want it for even less?  Take in an old ink cartridge and get another $3 off!

PS - Just for the  :nerd: factor, here are the specs of my lastest build:

2 x 1GB G.Skill DDR 500

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Holy Crap that is a smoking box.

Nice machine CYUNVme - similar to mine except VC and I have the 3800+ X2. But, Abit Nforce 4 SLi (if I ever decide to go better on VC), 2GB RAM, ATI X850 XT VC, 2x250 Seagate Sata in Raid 0

Works sweet.

BTW side note - came across this pic of Karkand (since we play there a bit) with a guy's favorite sniper spots mapped out, good for if someone feels like sniping or for finding the SOBs. LINK

One other question - any keys/controls you guys have custom mapped that you'd like to share?

Also - regarding the joystick being backwards side to side - even though the screen shows the same thing for left/right or roll left/right (joystick axis 1, etc.) you need to push it the correct way for whichever command you pick when you set it up. So select Turn or roll right, and make sure you press the joystick right. Same with up/down. I got my joypad setup so I can fly with it, and found all this out the hard way while getting it setup. Still stink at flying, BTW - I keep flying the jets way off the map, and I roll too much in the heli. I came across a Jets Only map that is frequently empty, which I find nice for playing around (may be wrong, but I think they have extra flying vehicles on their maps).

Last night was good to me:

Code:
Date 	 GS 	 CS 	 TS 	 Kills 	 Deaths 	 Matches 	 Wins 	 Loss 	 Heals 	 Rviv 	 Rsup 	 Rpar 	 PlayTime04.30.2006 	 157 	 100 	 57 	 50 	 16 	 5 	 5 	 0 	 0 	 0 	 0 	 0 	 01:15:57

After last night, I am -582 in the kill/death ratio. However, a couple more weeks like that and I should be able to scratch my way to 1.00.

After last night, I am -582 in the kill/death ratio. However, a couple more weeks like that and I should be able to scratch my way to 1.00.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
-439 and climbing! :boxing: Any tips on getting my new X800XL to work? :hot:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What problems are you having?
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gonna work on it some more tonight...It runs for 1 - 3 minutes then my monitor goes black and the status light on the moniter goes from green to amber :cry:

I don't think its a heat or power supply issue, I am gonna tweak some of the BIOS settings and see if it will make the card stable.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
-439 and climbing! :boxing: Any tips on getting my new X800XL to work? :hot:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What problems are you having?
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gonna work on it some more tonight...It runs for 1 - 3 minutes then my monitor goes black and the status light on the moniter goes from green to amber :cry:

I don't think its a heat or power supply issue, I am gonna tweak some of the BIOS settings and see if it will make the card stable.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would say one of 3 things - drivers, power supply or overheating. Of course, it could also be a bad card. Sounds like overheating or power supply.

Anybody going out tonight??

I got my new video card working and want to try it out :boxing:

BTW if the ATI support website tells you to install .net framwork before installing the new drivers it may be a good idea to do what they tell you to do. :bag:

I had something happen last night that never has before. I got booted by Punkbuster for Tk'ing a team member.

Now I admit I killed him, but I sure didn't mean to. My team had only one spawn point on the Wake map. I appeared and was immediately killed by a sniper. Well, I knew where the sniper was. I respawned, sighted him and opened up firing. Well, as I did, another of my team spawned right in front of me and I shot him in the back.

Boom, kicked and banned from the server by Punkbuster.

I mean I have accidently Tk'd a team member when I was in a tank and I ran someone over when I didn't see them, but this just seemed a little off base.

Has that happened to anyone?

I had something happen last night that never has before. I got booted by Punkbuster for Tk'ing a team member.

Now I admit I killed him, but I sure didn't mean to. My team had only one spawn point on the Wake map. I appeared and was immediately killed by a sniper. Well, I knew where the sniper was. I respawned, sighted him and opened up firing. Well, as I did, another of my team spawned right in front of me and I shot him in the back.

I mean I have accidently Tk'd a team member when I was in a tank and I ran someone over when I didn't see them, but this just seemed a little off base.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, welcome to the world of big babies. He was probably 14 years old and you were interfering with his groove.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, welcome to the world of big babies. He was probably 14 years old and you were interfering with his groove.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
:D When you get kicked or banned from a server, how do you know? I mean, I'm not sure if I've ever been kicked or banned, but I have been in games where I'll get disconnected, and it will say "you've been disconnected" or something like that.

Just curious.

When you get kicked or banned from a server, how do you know?  I mean, I'm not sure if I've ever been kicked or banned, but I have been in games where I'll get disconnected, and it will say "you've been disconnected" or something like that.

Just curious.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
if it said that "you've been disconnected" it was because of packet loss or internet connection problems...If you are kicked / banned you will get a message from punkbuster stating that you are being kicked because of "excessive teamkilling" :hot:

When you get kicked or banned from a server, how do you know?  I mean, I'm not sure if I've ever been kicked or banned, but I have been in games where I'll get disconnected, and it will say "you've been disconnected" or something like that.

Just curious.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
if it said that "you've been disconnected" it was because of packet loss or internet connection problems...If you are kicked / banned you will get a message from punkbuster stating that you are being kicked because of "excessive teamkilling" :hot:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for the clarification. :thumbup: Normally, I'm pretty good about forgiving others that kill me on accident... I just wish they were the same.

Here's a scenario for ya'll... say you were in a tank and you were battling with an enemy tank, and one of your guys (on foot) runs up to the enemy to plant C4 as you are blasting away... and you kill him along with the enemy tank. Does this call for a punishment?

I say no, but I do recall a time where this exact thing happened and I was punished by my team member.

Users who are viewing this thread