What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Digital Camera pic of the day (1 Viewer)

Great concept, and awesome location.

This shot looks a tad soft though. Also, I would try to bump up the yellow saturation a touch, or play with levels to make the colours pop, as it is a bit flat...

This one is not far off though
Thanks, always appreciate feedback.Better?
Yes...that is better then the first.

I hope you dont mind, I tried my hand at an edit. The image is pretty small, so it is tought to do a whole lot.

I boosted the constrast a bit, added some vibrance, and added a bit more saturation to the yellows, and desaturated the greens a touch. Then used a bit of USM.

I think these types of shots are very subjective to each person. I would also crop out the top trees myself.

This is what I came up with

Sunflowers by Crosseyed

Yes...that is better then the first.

I hope you dont mind, I tried my hand at an edit. The image is pretty small, so it is tought to do a whole lot.

I boosted the constrast a bit, added some vibrance, and added a bit more saturation to the yellows, and desaturated the greens a touch. Then used a bit of USM.

I think these types of shots are very subjective to each person. I would also crop out the top trees myself.

This is what I came up with

Sunflowers by Crosseyed
Very true. I tried to boost the yellow a bit more, but it started looking unnatural to me. And I left a little of the trees because I liked the one sunflower in the back sticking up all by itself.

30 seconds of light

This is a 30 second exposure of the Nubble Light in Cape Neddick, Maine, at first light. I could never get tired shooting in that area
This is awesome
Thanks to everyone who commented and enjoyed that picture.

Here is one take the same morning at the same spot.

Early Riser
Beautiful. Only comment is your horizon line is slightly askew which I find a tad distracting. Other than that it's a wonderful shot. :goodposting:

30 seconds of light

This is a 30 second exposure of the Nubble Light in Cape Neddick, Maine, at first light. I could never get tired shooting in that area
This is awesome

Early Riser
Beautiful. Only comment is your horizon line is slightly askew which I find a tad distracting. Other than that it's a wonderful shot. :goodposting:
I don't know...that horizon line looks straight to me. I think it's the land mass that's throwing you off.

30 seconds of light

This is awesome

Early Riser
Beautiful. Only comment is your horizon line is slightly askew which I find a tad distracting. Other than that it's a wonderful shot. :thumbup:
I don't know...that horizon line looks straight to me. I think it's the land mass that's throwing you off.
No, it's slightly off. You're right though, the visual weight of the land mass and the slope of the rocks in the foreground exaggerate it. ETA: I'd paint out the buoys in the water as well, but I know a lot of you guys thinking that's "cheating". To me, they only dirty up the shot. :shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:
30 seconds of light

This is awesome

Early Riser
Very nicely done.. :thumbup: :thumbup: So, when is the invite to the rest of us to come out and visit with our Cameras?? :thumbup:
:popcorn:

No, it's slightly off. You're right though, the visual weight of the land mass and the slope of the rocks in the foreground exaggerate it.

ETA: I'd paint out the buoys in the water as well, but I know a lot of you guys thinking that's "cheating". To me, they only dirty up the shot. :popcorn:
I stand corrected.And I agree about the buoys. I don't consider that cheating at all. I often remove "noise" from my shots.

30 seconds of light

This is awesome

Early Riser
How were you able to get the boat so vivid? Was this HDR? Great shot!
Yes, this is a 3 shot hdr using photomatix...one of the firse hdr shot I have done!!!

Good eyes!

goonsquad said:
snogger said:
Parmcat said:
30 seconds of light

This is awesome

Early Riser
Very nicely done.. :thumbup: :thumbup: So, when is the invite to the rest of us to come out and visit with our Cameras?? :popcorn:
:shrug:
Anytime

Algonquin Park in the fall is pretty sweet

Anyone ever shoot with a wide angle lens? I just bought a Canon EF-S 10-22mm; can't wait to get shooting with it.

Let's see those wide angle shots!
I have rented that lens a few times, and it is on the short list....that or the Siggy 10-20

I can't find my folder with te Vegas pics, but found this one in another folder.

From the Valley of Fire

Long Way

A tangent, yes- but any of you photographer folks who didn't catch this PBS special, should check it out.

Salt

Synopsis

In his search for “somewhere I could point my camera into pure space,” award-winning photographer Murray Fredericks began making annual solo camping trips to remote Lake Eyre and its salt flats in South Australia. These trips have yielded remarkable photos of a boundless, desolate yet beautiful environment where sky, water and land merge. Made in collaboration with documentary filmmaker Michael Angus, SALT is the film extension of Fredericks’ work at Lake Eyre, interweaving his photos and video diary with time-lapse sequences to create the liberating and disorienting experience of being thrown into an infinite dimension of mind and spirit.
:goodposting:

Anyone ever shoot with a wide angle lens? I just bought a Canon EF-S 10-22mm; can't wait to get shooting with it.

I have rented that lens a few times, and it is on the short list....that or the Siggy 10-20

I can't find my folder with te Vegas pics, but found this one in another folder.

From the Valley of Fire

Long Way
That's what I'm talking about! Beautiful shot, Parm. :tumbleweed: ETA: I almost bought the Sigma 10-20mm as it's much more budget-friendly, but have read that the quality control on this lens is hit or miss; if get a "good one" it's a heck of a lens that's nearly on par with the more expensive Canon, but you're just as likely to get one with bad glass. I need to use it on a shoot on Friday, so I needed to be sure I got a good one first time.

Finally got a chance to snap a few with the new 10-22mm lens. Not a lot of beautiful open scenery here in metro Detroit, so I decided to see what kind of distortion a close-up at 10mm would give.Renegade

Details aren't as sharp as I'd like; I didn't have a tripod and light was getting low so I had a pretty long exposure for hand-held.

Finally got a chance to snap a few with the new 10-22mm lens. Not a lot of beautiful open scenery here in metro Detroit, so I decided to see what kind of distortion a close-up at 10mm would give.Renegade

Details aren't as sharp as I'd like; I didn't have a tripod and light was getting low so I had a pretty long exposure for hand-held.
I like it.

Get yourself a good polarising filter

snogger said:
'Mother Nature in all her glory' is lovely. Great composition with the horizon just above center.Love that you were able to keep detail in the trees in 'Good Night' instead of sillouetting them. The blue-tint of the trunks is a wonderful contrast to the pinks in the sky.

Great work!
Thanks! Getting the right composition for those sunset shots wasn't the easiest as all were shot from a fishing boat. Luckily my Dad sat still and we did our best not to make waves.The "good Night" one was interesting..

I had taken one other shot right before where the trees were "silhouetted" and as I was taking this shot someone stepped out on the deck and turned on the light and as the light warmed up it cast the "unnatural" light.. Sometimes you get lucky ;-)

The "good Night" one was interesting.. I had taken one other shot right before where the trees were "silhouetted" and as I was taking this shot someone stepped out on the deck and turned on the light and as the light warmed up it cast the "unnatural" light.. Sometimes you get lucky ;-)
Ha, that's pretty funny. :lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread