What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game Thread W17 - Houston V San Francisco (1 Viewer)

So what exactly happens here if Houston wins? HOU and SF would then be tied at 3-13 ... so I'm assuming the team with the stronger strength of schedule gets the higher draft pick? If so, who had the higher strength of schedule?

From what I have seen if Houston wins, NO has the 1st pick, Hou has the 2nd pick and SF has the 3rd pick...If Houston loses Houston has 1st pick, NO has 2nd pick and no clue who has 3rd pick...SF blew it last week by winning, they don't get 1st pick no matter what happens today...

So what exactly happens here if Houston wins? HOU and SF would then be tied at 3-13 ... so I'm assuming the team with the stronger strength of schedule gets the higher draft pick? If so, who had the higher strength of schedule?
I think New Orleans has them both covered if all 3 tie at 3-13.Green Bay & the Jets won to move from 3-12 to 4-12

The question would be - do the Saints take Reggie Bush or Matt Leinart then - leaving Bush to fall to number 2 or do they trade out of that spot?

The question would be - do the Saints take Reggie Bush or Matt Leinart then - leaving Bush to fall to number 2 or do they trade out of that spot?
I would laugh if this happened. Wasn't SF's total ineptitude part of the reason Leinert stayed in school this season? Leinert: I'm staying at USC and coming out next year (unofficially because the Niners are horrific).

NFL: Ok, Matt. Oh, now guess what? The Saints are drafting you. They're basically as inept as the Niners AND are a displaced team that we're basically treating like orphans.

Irony. However, who knows? Maybe NO drafts Leinert and in two years they're Super Bowl Champs.

OK, AJ's out right now with a sprained ankle and Carr's holding his right arm....Carr's no stud but he's a lot better than Banks or Ragone. Sit down Dave, we need to put in a turnover machine at QB to help the Niners out, Alex Smith blows and he needs some help from his defense. Don't get this close and blow the #1 pick....it's time to choke "Oiler" style guys....Dammit, Carr back in....

Last edited by a moderator:
I do not believe that Ragone has been given a chance...I do not believe that Carr is the answer for the Texans...I hope they get rid of him...

Man, I really f***ing hate Jason Babin. Guy finally decides to make some plays and be active in a game we have to lose. And what the hell is Ramon Walker doing blocking a punt? Has he EVER made a play EVER? See, this is why our team is a bunch of losers...Get it together guys, quit screwing around and focus on the task at hand...YES!!! Way to go Brandon Lloyd!! Now Dunta Robinson, there's a guy who's focused...

From what I have seen if Houston wins, NO has the 1st pick, Hou has the 2nd pick and SF has the 3rd pick...

If Houston loses Houston has 1st pick, NO has 2nd pick and no clue who has 3rd pick...

SF blew it last week by winning, they don't get 1st pick no matter what happens today...
SF would be third, I believe.... GB and NYJ in the mix too.

Banks came in for the last series with 11 seconds left and took a knee. Carr is no stud but we could definitely use some classic Banks-style turnovers in the second half. Hopefully Alex Smith has some momentum now and can build on it.....now if we could just get Morency nicked up we might have to turn to Hollings, who should be good for a couple of fumbles...

Texans taking Bush would be a mistake - though I think DeAngelo is a better back as well in the pro game.This would just mean that Carr will be on his back even more next year.Glad I do not own Dom :)

Texans taking Bush would be a mistake - though I think DeAngelo is a better back as well in the pro game.

This would just mean that Carr will be on his back even more next year.

Glad I do not own Dom :)
I would put Williams as the # 4 back currently in the draft. There is no way that guy is 5'9 205. I would love to see his measurables at the combine.

Texans taking Bush would be a mistake - though I think DeAngelo is a better back as well in the pro game.

I would put Williams as the # 4 back currently in the draft. There is no way that guy is 5'9 205. I would love to see his measurables at the combine.
RB size is overrated. Westbrook, Dunn, Tiki. Little guys can carry the load.

RB size is overrated. Westbrook, Dunn, Tiki. Little guys can carry the load.
It's not just the size (and please don't tell me that Westbrook has carried the load. He gets injured every other game it seems, and Tiki is a sturdy 200 pounds. Warrick Dunn is an exception, and even he does not carry the load, he is not a 20-25 carry player), Williams gains alot of yardage outside the tackles, and has not shown me anything as a receiver.

Getting Bush isn't necessarily as important to me as getting the right guy in here to know what to do with the pick. The top pick and the possibilties it brings are very appealing with such a bad team needing a major overhaul. I sure as hell don't trust Casserly to fix this team. If the right move is something like trading down a little bit, getting D'Brick to play LT, and getting an extra pick or two then I'm cool with that, as long as we get the right GM....Come on guys...what is Banks doing chunking downfield, and what in the world is Bradford doing actually holding on to one?

Getting Bush isn't necessarily as important to me as getting the right guy in here to know what to do with the pick. The top pick and the possibilties it brings are very appealing with such a bad team needing a major overhaul. I sure as hell don't trust Casserly to fix this team. If the right move is something like trading down a little bit, getting D'Brick to play LT, and getting an extra pick or two then I'm cool with that, as long as we get the right GM....Come on guys...what is Banks doing chunking downfield, and what in the world is Bradford doing actually holding on to one?
Well it could be messy in Houston if the 3-4 leaves with Capers. Does the defense have the personnel to move to a 4-3? Although, I guess they can't do much worse than this year.I really think if they got the #1, and could secure one of the blue chippers while trading down (Jimmy Williams, D'Brickishaw Ferguson), they need to do it. Especially Ferguson. Pitts can move to guard (his natural position) or right tackle, and it should really help. They also need a safety valve, a tight end who can make the 6-10 yard catches.

Obviously, on defense, there is not much there.

man, I really hate guys that suck all year and then actually show up to play when you DON'T need it. Guys like Babin, Banks, and Bradford need to be cut now...

man, I really hate guys that suck all year and then actually show up to play when you DON'T need it. Guys like Babin, Banks, and Bradford need to be cut now...
They're just trying to keep their jobs.It's really not the end of the world if the Texans don't get Bush. Ferguson fits in much better with their current needs. Bush is overrated. He's going to be a very good player, but he's not an automatic all-time great like people are making him out to be.

I don't think Tony is in on the plan ... uh-oh ...

TOADS
Looks like you're right.KEYS
That was better...there must have been a realignment of priorities on the sideline.Coach (non-Capers): "Tony - you need to look at the bigger picture."

Tony Banks: "Got it coach, I'll do my best for the corporation!"

TOADS :lmao:

Is it just me, or is something weird going on every time Smith throws the ball.There's always one 49er receiver in the area, and 3 Texan defenders.Either Smith is badly telegraphing, or SF needs a new gameplan.

Now that was hilarious.He ran through about 4 Texans on the way to that touchdown...they were all inches from him, but he was untouched.Let the conspiracy theories start now. :)

I guess they are trying to keep Andre Johnson from being injured, or he is injured. The TV analysts haven't said a word.

AJ sprained his ankle in the 1st quarter, all they said was he was in the locker room return questionable...Carr got whacked in the second quarter and held his right arm gingerly as he trotted off. He came back for one series and threw one incompletion. Banks replaced him with 11 seconds left before halftime. I'd say since neither one's back in they're out for the game....

AJ sprained his ankle in the 1st quarter, all they said was he was in the locker room return questionable...Carr got whacked in the second quarter and held his right arm gingerly as he trotted off. He came back for one series and threw one incompletion. Banks replaced him with 11 seconds left before halftime. I'd say since neither one's back in they're out for the game....
Amazing that four out of Houston's five best players were either out before this game, or hurt during. :)

Damn, thanks for the update. I was really counting on Andre. :no:

Now that was hilarious.

He ran through about 4 Texans on the way to that touchdown...they were all inches from him, but he was untouched.

Let the conspiracy theories start now. :)
If you'd been watching them all year, you'd know that is not a conspiracy. It's consistency.

Now that was hilarious.

He ran through about 4 Texans on the way to that touchdown...they were all inches from him, but he was untouched.

Let the conspiracy theories start now. :)
If you'd been watching them all year, you'd know that is not a conspiracy. It's consistency.
Oh, I have been. I know. Sadly, behind the Broncos, the Texans are my second-favorite team (grew up in Houston, and on vacation there now).It was a joke, which was admitted by the smiley face.

Users who are viewing this thread