What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2006 CKL Mock Draft (1 Viewer)

BusMan

Footballguy
I'm doing this for my own sake, but if you're interested in joining in the discussion, please, feel free.

12-teams

15 players per team

4 keepers per team

Draft in mid-August (11 rounds, serpentine)

1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR, 1 PK, 1 TD

League rules state that we declare keepers the first week after the Super Bowl. It makes things interesting, especially for the unlucky guys who've kept Ricky Williams. The teams and keepers, listed in the order they draft in the first round:

Team 1

Keepers: Cadillac Williams, Willis McGahee, Brian Westbrook, Steve Smith

Team 2

Keepers: Willie Parker, Domanick Davis, Hines Ward, Santana Moss

Team 3

Keepers: Eli Manning, Clinton Portis, Deuce McAllister, Antonio Gates

Team 4

Keepers: Matt Hasselbeck, Ronnie Brown, Tatum Bell, Chris Brown

Team 5

Keepers: Marc Bulger, Larry Johnson, Ricky Williams, Randy Moss

Team 6

Keepers: Thomas Jones, Jamal Lewis, Plaxico Burress, Tony Gonzalez

Team 7

Keepers: Daunte Culpepper, Donovan McNabb, Marvin Harrison, Jeremy Shockey

Team 8

Keepers: Tom Brady, Tiki Barber, Steven Jackson, Mike Anderson

Team 9

Keepers: LaDainian Tomlinson, LaMont Jordan, Torry Holt, Chris Chambers

Team 10

Keepers: Reuben Droughns, Corey Dillon, Anquan Boldin, T.J. Houshmandzadeh

Team 11

Keepers: Carson Palmer, Shaun Alexander, Rudi Johnson, Chad Johnson

Team 12

Keepers: Peyton Manning, Edgerrin James, Terrell Owens, Larry Fitzgerald

Team 1 has the first pick. Considering this is a keeper league, a Reggie Bush pick is expected. With Caddy and McGahee already on board, this team has a solid young RB core, so its possible he'd want to trade this pick. Leaguemates have attempted to start trade discussions with this owner, with no bites. He's taking Bush, all the way.

1.01 Team 1: RB Reggie Bush, NO

With two solid RBs and WRs on board, Team 2 looks ready to take a highly rated QB to guide his team. This team took Trent Green in Round 1 last year, and didn't like the results. While Green makes sense here again, this is a league that might overvalue RBs.

1.02 Team 2: RB Julius Jones, DAL

Last edited by a moderator:
Team 3 took Reggie Wayne in the first round last year, and I imagine he'll do the same here. Maybe he's a bit concerned about Deuce, but there's nothing to be done except grabbing a great WR.

1.03 Team 3: WR Reggie Wayne, IND

Despite having three RBs, Team 4 doesn't have the position synched up. Bell probably won't start over Dayne, and Brown has Henry and rookie LenDale White breathing down his ever-so fragile neck. That said, I think Team 4 doesn't pass on D-Jax.

1.04 Team 4: WR Darrell Jackson, SEA

Having to keep Ricky Williams so early in the year really hurts Team 5. Luckily, he already has the perceived consensus number one back in Larry Johnson. Team 5 will use this pick to fill in the Ricky Williams sized hole.

1.05 Team 5: RB Kevin Jones, DET

League rumors tell me that Team 6 is going RB, despite needing a QB.

1.06 Team 6: RB Warrick Dunn, ATL

Last edited by a moderator:
Having no RBs and two high-caliber QBs sounds a lot like a team that wants to trade up. I don't think it'll happen though, as this team is notoriously upresponsive and inactive. He'll have to take a rookie RB that has long term potential

1.07 Team 7: RB Joe Addai, IND

Users who are viewing this thread