What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Coaches Corner (1 Viewer)

Ok I need another week of IDP help. I have good players but have been struggling putting up points. I get burned one week and my bench guy goes off, etc.

Scoring:

1 pt Tk,

.5 pt ### tk

4 pt sacks

4 pt INT

3 pt FF

4 pt FR

1 pt PaDef

I need to start 3 IDPs:

1. Urlacher (must start I believe)

2. Ad Thomas

3. Cato June

4. T. Suggs

5. Gearld Hayes

My issue is the possibility that some of my guys will be rested due to playoffs, etc. Is it safe to start some ravens & bears? If so I guess I would leave my line up as Urlacher/Suggs/Ad. Thomas (it worked out great for me last week thanks for the advice!) but Hayes is a strong player and have about given up on June. So if I want to play Hayes who should I take out Suggs? Pitt gives up a lot of sacks but I think Hayes will be tackling Gore quite a bit. Thanks again

Ok I need another week of IDP help. I have good players but have been struggling putting up points. I get burned one week and my bench guy goes off, etc.Scoring: 1 pt Tk, .5 pt ### tk4 pt sacks4 pt INT3 pt FF4 pt FR1 pt PaDefI need to start 3 IDPs:1. Urlacher (must start I believe)2. Ad Thomas 3. Cato June 4. T. Suggs5. Gearld HayesMy issue is the possibility that some of my guys will be rested due to playoffs, etc. Is it safe to start some ravens & bears? If so I guess I would leave my line up as Urlacher/Suggs/Ad. Thomas (it worked out great for me last week thanks for the advice!) but Hayes is a strong player and have about given up on June. So if I want to play Hayes who should I take out Suggs? Pitt gives up a lot of sacks but I think Hayes will be tackling Gore quite a bit. Thanks again
I think I'd play Hayes this week. The Steelers OL has been playing much better over the past three weeks -- since the last BAL game -- and I'd be leery of playing both Suggs and Thomas. I'm not sure how you choose between the two, though, so it may still be the smartest play to leave them both in so that you don't miss the one that goes off. Your scoring system is skewed enough toward the big play to take the risk.If you want the solid, surer points start with Hayes and Urlacher and make your best guess between the Ravens. If you need the big weeks, go with the Ravens and hope the Steelers lay the egg at home. I think Suggs is the bigger risk, and I'd likely go with Thomas if you decide to go with Hayes.

Hi Coach,

We made it to the Superbowl and I'm back again for the fifth straight week (I don't want to break tradition and jinx myself). We put up a very respectable 32 pts. last week (21pts. from Hope alone) and hopefully Santa can bring us even more this week.

I need to start three.

Gerald Hayes

Bart Scott

Jeremiah Trotter

Ej Henderson

Chris Hope

Scoring: 1pt/Tackle, 1pt/Asst, 3pts/Sack, 5pts/INT, 6pts/TD.

I really appreciate all your advice and your time these past few weeks .

Merry Christmas.

TeamBryan

:kicksrock:

Last edited by a moderator:
Coach Jene-

need some advice on IDP starters for Championship week. Here are my choices on DL and LB-

DL: can start 3 or 4...

Ty Warren NE- will his run continue?

Rob Gaithers Cin- having on again, off again biweekly scoring season, due for high score this week?

Jason Taylor Mia- no brainer...

Rod Coleman Atl (made an appearance last week finally, will it continue?)

Bryce Fisher....not much so far..

Rocky Bernard...disappointing..

LB: can start 3 or 4...

Keith Brooking Atl

Keith Bulluck....no brainer

Landon Johnson Cin

Brandon Moore SF

A Pierce NYG...no brainer

scoring: 2pt tackle, 1 pt assist, 10 pts sack...

thanks in advance

tx

Hi Coach,We made it to the Superbowl and I'm back again for the fifth straight week (I don't want to break tradition and jinx myself). We put up a very respectable 32 pts. last week (21pts. from Hope alone) and hopefully Santa can bring us even more this week.I need to start three.Gerald HayesBart ScottJeremiah TrotterEj HendersonChris HopeScoring: 1pt/Tackle, 1pt/Asst, 3pts/Sack, 5pts/INT, 6pts/TD.I really appreciate all your advice and your time these past few weeks .Merry Christmas.TeamBryan :banned:
Don't like your matchups very well this week, TB. I think I'd start Hayes and Henderson. Their matchups have been the most consistent and both are playing well. Trotter is a very safe play this week but I'd still like to get Scott or Hope back in the lineup. Hope's matchup has been very hit or miss, but the only above average safety the Bills have faced (Kerry Rhodes) has had two very solid games. Scott has good upside against a mistake prone and sack taker in Roethlisberger. I think I'd take the safer option in Hope unless you need some big play value as an underdog.Tough call. Hopefully all five have good weeks.

tec79 said:
Coach Jene-need some advice on IDP starters for Championship week. Here are my choices on DL and LB-DL: can start 3 or 4...Ty Warren NE- will his run continue?Rob Gaithers Cin- having on again, off again biweekly scoring season, due for high score this week?Jason Taylor Mia- no brainer...Rod Coleman Atl (made an appearance last week finally, will it continue?)Bryce Fisher....not much so far..Rocky Bernard...disappointing..LB: can start 3 or 4...Keith Brooking AtlKeith Bulluck....no brainerLandon Johnson CinBrandon Moore SFA Pierce NYG...no brainerscoring: 2pt tackle, 1 pt assist, 10 pts sack...thanks in advancetx
Taylor and Warren are good starts this week but I don't like the other matchups much. I think I'd go with the every down player in Rod Coleman against the Panthers, who've struggled with interior rushers (Laroi Glover, Kevin Williams, and Coleman earlier in the year have had success).I don't like the other two DL matchups enough even in this sack heavy scoring system to try a 4-3 this week. Bulluck, Pierce, and Brooking are must starts right now and each have some nice big play value. And I think Brandon Moore is a better play than either Geathers or Fisher; he probably has at least the same probability of a sack at this stage and will clearly be a better tackle option.

Ok I need another week of IDP help. I have good players but have been struggling putting up points. I get burned one week and my bench guy goes off, etc.Scoring: 1 pt Tk, .5 pt ### tk4 pt sacks4 pt INT3 pt FF4 pt FR1 pt PaDefI need to start 3 IDPs:1. Urlacher (must start I believe)2. Ad Thomas 3. Cato June 4. T. Suggs5. Gearld HayesMy issue is the possibility that some of my guys will be rested due to playoffs, etc. Is it safe to start some ravens & bears? If so I guess I would leave my line up as Urlacher/Suggs/Ad. Thomas (it worked out great for me last week thanks for the advice!) but Hayes is a strong player and have about given up on June. So if I want to play Hayes who should I take out Suggs? Pitt gives up a lot of sacks but I think Hayes will be tackling Gore quite a bit. Thanks again
I think I'd play Hayes this week. The Steelers OL has been playing much better over the past three weeks -- since the last BAL game -- and I'd be leery of playing both Suggs and Thomas. I'm not sure how you choose between the two, though, so it may still be the smartest play to leave them both in so that you don't miss the one that goes off. Your scoring system is skewed enough toward the big play to take the risk.If you want the solid, surer points start with Hayes and Urlacher and make your best guess between the Ravens. If you need the big weeks, go with the Ravens and hope the Steelers lay the egg at home. I think Suggs is the bigger risk, and I'd likely go with Thomas if you decide to go with Hayes.
Thanks for the help. I noticed Hayes is on the injury report listed as ?? with a hip injury. So since our wire is locked at kick off tonight I decided to pick up another player just in case. I noticed EJ Henderson was still available so I grabbed him and dropped Suggs. So as of now I have Urlacher/Hayes/EJ Henderson in the starting line up and can replace Hayes with Ad. Thomas and/or Cato June is he's a scratch or doesn't practice tomorrow. I read your above post on EJ; is he a decent start tonight? I know he had a good week vs the Jets but not sure how LBs fair against GB. I know Favre is always mistake prone and they mix up the run well with the pass but DET LBs didn't do that great. With the bad weather I'm thinking it could be sloppy and a lot of turn overs. Any more advice? Thanks again.

Week 16....getting close! :thumbup: (thanks in advance for the advice! )

We start a 3-4-4 1 pt for a tckl and ast, 5pts for an INT, FF, FR Sack, 10 pts for a TD

DE - going with Allen, Peppers, and Ekuban

Victor Adeyanju vs. Washington Redskins (Sun 1:00p)

**Jared Allen @ Oakland Raiders (Sat 8:00p)

Ray Edwards @ Green Bay Packers (Thu 8:00p)

**Ebenezer Ekuban vs. Cincinnati Bengals (Sun 4:15p)

**Julius Peppers @ Atlanta Falcons (Sun 1:00p)

LB As always, I have to many choices and none that I love. ;) Hayes and Urlacer have been my standbyes and I think should remain so. Hayes has dropped down some, and doesn't seem to rack up tackles against a running team, but I think I need to leave him in. Since Sims is healthy he's my 3rd, and I guess DJ is my 4th. Derrick keeps showing flashes, but hasn't had a great game his last few outings. I think Oakland is a good matchup though. I also like Davis against Atl, and Landon against Denver. (and Ingram against NE might not be bad..or Boley against CAR) ACK!

Michael Boley vs. Carolina Panthers (Sun 1:00p)

Thomas Davis @ Atlanta Falcons (Sun 1:00p)

**Gerald Hayes @ San Francisco 49ers (Sun 4:05p)

Clint Ingram vs. New England Patriots (Sun 1:00p)

**Derrick O. Johnson @ Oakland Raiders (Sat 8:00p)

Landon Johnson @ Denver Broncos (Sun 4:15p)

Manny Lawson vs. Arizona Cardinals (Sun 4:05p)

Brandon Moore vs. Arizona Cardinals (Sun 4:05p)

**Ernie Sims vs. Chicago Bears (Sun 1:00p)

**Brian Urlacher @ Detroit Lions (Sun 1:00p)

CB - This one just got tougher with Darrent back in the lineup. Currently I'm starting Considine (nice SS matchup vs DAL), Lewis (whose been on fire), Jones, and Earl. Earl against IND seems good, but I'm wondering if I should pull him or Considine for Darrent and or Madieu.

Darrent Williams vs. Cincinnati Bengals (Sun 4:15p)

Antoine Bethea @ Houston Texans (Sun 1:00p)

**Sean Considine @ Dallas Cowboys (Mon 5:00p)

**Glenn Earl vs. Indianapolis Colts (Sun 1:00p)

**Sean Jones vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Sun 1:00p)

**Keith Lewis vs. Arizona Cardinals (Sun 4:05p)

Madieu Williams @ Denver Broncos (Sun 4:15p)

Thanks for the help. I noticed Hayes is on the injury report listed as ?? with a hip injury. So since our wire is locked at kick off tonight I decided to pick up another player just in case. I noticed EJ Henderson was still available so I grabbed him and dropped Suggs. So as of now I have Urlacher/Hayes/EJ Henderson in the starting line up and can replace Hayes with Ad. Thomas and/or Cato June is he's a scratch or doesn't practice tomorrow. I read your above post on EJ; is he a decent start tonight? I know he had a good week vs the Jets but not sure how LBs fair against GB. I know Favre is always mistake prone and they mix up the run well with the pass but DET LBs didn't do that great. With the bad weather I'm thinking it could be sloppy and a lot of turn overs. Any more advice? Thanks again.
I saw Norton's note that Henderson might be a suspect play this week. I don't know that I agree. There've been plenty of WLB that have had success against the Packers.Of the Tampa-2 comps:Week 15 (Sims/Lewis): 8-3, PDWeek 10 (Henderson): 3-1, PD (from the Minnesota stat crews)Week 9 (Crowell): 3-2, 2 PD (although Spikes was 5-4)Week 3 (Sims): 4-6, PDWeek 1 (Briggs): 9-0-1Hit and miss in spots, but the Vikings have a rookie QB on the road and a MLB with a huge club on his hand who has managed nine solos in five weeks while Henderson has 29. The weather doesn't bug me too much. I still think he's a better play than June and safer than Thomas (if safe is what you want).I hadn't seen the Hayes injury report. I'll need to keep an eye on that one too.

Week 16....getting close! :lmao: (thanks in advance for the advice! )We start a 3-4-4 1 pt for a tckl and ast, 5pts for an INT, FF, FR Sack, 10 pts for a TDDE - going with Allen, Peppers, and EkubanVictor Adeyanju vs. Washington Redskins (Sun 1:00p) **Jared Allen @ Oakland Raiders (Sat 8:00p) Ray Edwards @ Green Bay Packers (Thu 8:00p) **Ebenezer Ekuban vs. Cincinnati Bengals (Sun 4:15p) **Julius Peppers @ Atlanta Falcons (Sun 1:00p) LB As always, I have to many choices and none that I love. :thumbup: Hayes and Urlacer have been my standbyes and I think should remain so. Hayes has dropped down some, and doesn't seem to rack up tackles against a running team, but I think I need to leave him in. Since Sims is healthy he's my 3rd, and I guess DJ is my 4th. Derrick keeps showing flashes, but hasn't had a great game his last few outings. I think Oakland is a good matchup though. I also like Davis against Atl, and Landon against Denver. (and Ingram against NE might not be bad..or Boley against CAR) ACK!Michael Boley vs. Carolina Panthers (Sun 1:00p) Thomas Davis @ Atlanta Falcons (Sun 1:00p) **Gerald Hayes @ San Francisco 49ers (Sun 4:05p) Clint Ingram vs. New England Patriots (Sun 1:00p) **Derrick O. Johnson @ Oakland Raiders (Sat 8:00p) Landon Johnson @ Denver Broncos (Sun 4:15p) Manny Lawson vs. Arizona Cardinals (Sun 4:05p) Brandon Moore vs. Arizona Cardinals (Sun 4:05p) **Ernie Sims vs. Chicago Bears (Sun 1:00p) **Brian Urlacher @ Detroit Lions (Sun 1:00p) CB - This one just got tougher with Darrent back in the lineup. Currently I'm starting Considine (nice SS matchup vs DAL), Lewis (whose been on fire), Jones, and Earl. Earl against IND seems good, but I'm wondering if I should pull him or Considine for Darrent and or Madieu.Darrent Williams vs. Cincinnati Bengals (Sun 4:15p) Antoine Bethea @ Houston Texans (Sun 1:00p) **Sean Considine @ Dallas Cowboys (Mon 5:00p) **Glenn Earl vs. Indianapolis Colts (Sun 1:00p) **Sean Jones vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Sun 1:00p) **Keith Lewis vs. Arizona Cardinals (Sun 4:05p) Madieu Williams @ Denver Broncos (Sun 4:15p)
At LB, I'd stick with the four guys in the best positions. Moore could be a better play than Hayes this week if Hayes isn't healthy enough to practice. Since Johnson didn't impress against a great Colt matchup, I think he sits for sure. Davis is an interesting thought, but I like Moore's matchup slightly better.At DB, Earl comes out for Darrent Williams if healthy. Too many teams, including the Texans, have played Cover-2 against the Colts, which leaves little opportunity for the safety in run support unless the Colts get far enough ahead to run. If you're convinced that Indy will be up two touchdowns quickly and run all day, Earl is a reasonable play. But I think Williams is the better option. Bethea may outscore Considine or Lewis this week, but he's too risky in a playoff game with his shoulder injury.

tec79 said:
Coach Jene-need some advice on IDP starters for Championship week. Here are my choices on DL and LB-DL: can start 3 or 4...Ty Warren NE- will his run continue?Rob Gaithers Cin- having on again, off again biweekly scoring season, due for high score this week?Jason Taylor Mia- no brainer...Rod Coleman Atl (made an appearance last week finally, will it continue?)Bryce Fisher....not much so far..Rocky Bernard...disappointing..LB: can start 3 or 4...Keith Brooking AtlKeith Bulluck....no brainerLandon Johnson CinBrandon Moore SFA Pierce NYG...no brainerscoring: 2pt tackle, 1 pt assist, 10 pts sack...thanks in advancetx
Taylor and Warren are good starts this week but I don't like the other matchups much. I think I'd go with the every down player in Rod Coleman against the Panthers, who've struggled with interior rushers (Laroi Glover, Kevin Williams, and Coleman earlier in the year have had success).I don't like the other two DL matchups enough even in this sack heavy scoring system to try a 4-3 this week. Bulluck, Pierce, and Brooking are must starts right now and each have some nice big play value. And I think Brandon Moore is a better play than either Geathers or Fisher; he probably has at least the same probability of a sack at this stage and will clearly be a better tackle option.
thanks for the advice, appreciate it!tex

Crunch time...we only start 3 defensive players each week with the following scoring...1pt tackle 1/2pt assist. 4pts for ints, sacks, 3pts fumble, fumble recovery. 1pt for pass defence.

My starters..haven't changed these 3 up for about 4 weeks:

Lofa Tatapu vs. San Diego

Bart Scott @ Pit.

Keith Bullock @ Buf

Bullock is a lock. But I wanted to check if there is anyone available who might be more productive this week than Lofa or Scott?

Adam Jones @ Buf

Leonard Little vs. Washington

Al Wilson vs Cincy

Gibril Wilson vs NO

Landon Johnson @ Denver

Charles Woodson vs Min

rupricht said:
Crunch time...we only start 3 defensive players each week with the following scoring...1pt tackle 1/2pt assist. 4pts for ints, sacks, 3pts fumble, fumble recovery. 1pt for pass defence.My starters..haven't changed these 3 up for about 4 weeks:Lofa Tatapu vs. San DiegoBart Scott @ Pit.Keith Bullock @ BufBullock is a lock. But I wanted to check if there is anyone available who might be more productive this week than Lofa or Scott?Adam Jones @ BufLeonard Little vs. WashingtonAl Wilson vs CincyGibril Wilson vs NOLandon Johnson @ DenverCharles Woodson vs Min
I'd roll with those three. I don't see a better matchup than the Tatupu or Scott -- both have some good upside this week.Best of luck.

Zealots scoring....Championship Game Need the Most from my Def...Please help

DL

Starting ....Peppers and Suggs....bench O. Umenyiora... J Green

LB

Starting.....C June, L Briggs, D Thornton.....Bench L Hill, M Greenwood,M Washington, Dem Williams

DB...Starting Glenn Earl, R Marshall, J Phillips....Bench B Sanders, M Williams,S Considine,A rolle,E Coleman...

Please help I think I am ok a DL and LBer ...the DBs are the questions...any help is greatly appreciated

Zealots scoring....Championship Game Need the Most from my Def...Please helpDLStarting ....Peppers and Suggs....bench O. Umenyiora... J GreenLBStarting.....C June, L Briggs, D Thornton.....Bench L Hill, M Greenwood,M Washington, Dem WilliamsDB...Starting Glenn Earl, R Marshall, J Phillips....Bench B Sanders, M Williams,S Considine,A rolle,E Coleman...Please help I think I am ok a DL and LBer ...the DBs are the questions...any help is greatly appreciated
As always, some idea of scoring system is important. I think you've made the right call at DL -- The Saints have done a very good job of protecting Brees and it's almost impossible to bench Peppers, no matter how shady his play has been. At LB, Hill and Greenwood have pretty good matchups, but aren't the primary backers for their teams. Still, I think I'd roll the dice with one of them over Thornton. Thornton does his best work in nickel situations and it's no lock the Titans will be in the nickel often against Buffalo. I like Hill a little better than Greenwood. At DB, I'd bench Earl for Considine. Little risky, but most teams have been lining up in Cover-2 against the Colts. With just Dominic Rhodes at RB this week most likely, the Texans will likely continue that trend and Earl isn't likely to be up much in run support. If you're convinced that the Texans will fall behind early, Earl is the better play. That's just what happened in Week 2 but the overall trend for safeties have been poor if the game is at all close.Best of luck.

classic zealots league. trying to repeat my championship.

DL:

hali, peppers, suggs

LB:

brackett, brooks, s cooper, gaither (played him last week too!), b moore, spikes, lofa, m washington

DB:

bailey, mcgee, cromartie, r harrison, huff, knight

Who to pick up to play for injured A. Davis?

L. Williams

K. Dansby

S. Quarles

1.5tack, .75assist, 5int, 4sack, 3ff, 2fr, 1passdefend

classic zealots league. trying to repeat my championship.

DL:

hali, peppers, suggs

LB:

brackett, brooks, s cooper, gaither (played him last week too!), b moore, spikes, lofa, m washington

DB:

bailey, mcgee, cromartie, r harrison, huff, knight
Looks good to me. Hard to bench Peppers, though Hali might end up the better play this week.

Who to pick up to play for injured A. Davis?L. WilliamsK. Dansby S. Quarles1.5tack, .75assist, 5int, 4sack, 3ff, 2fr, 1passdefend
I like Leon Williams this week, particularly if it's Chaun Thompson next to him again. If you'd have played Andra Davis over Shelton Quarles he's the guy. Otherwise, Quarles is a fine option this week. Both matchups are a bit shady, Quarles is maybe a hair better on the road and more likely to be behind.

Trade advice - I can't see what I am missing here but I have an offer to give up McGahee, Dev. Henderson and Thomas Howard for Musa Smith, Gerald Hayes and Cedric Griffin. I can see NO REASON that I shouldn't accept. It's a PPR league and I already have S. Jackson and Bush at RB and plenty of receivers better than Henderson. I like Howard but his rookie play was spotty and Morrison just eats up many of his tackles (along with the fact that Howard didn't show to be a big play/coverage backer). Agreed?

Trade advice - I can't see what I am missing here but I have an offer to give up McGahee, Dev. Henderson and Thomas Howard for Musa Smith, Gerald Hayes and Cedric Griffin. I can see NO REASON that I shouldn't accept. It's a PPR league and I already have S. Jackson and Bush at RB and plenty of receivers better than Henderson. I like Howard but his rookie play was spotty and Morrison just eats up many of his tackles (along with the fact that Howard didn't show to be a big play/coverage backer). Agreed?
Sure you can't get more value for McGahee in a dynasty league? Bit of a risk here. This is the first season Hayes has stayed healthy. You should get good value from Griffin but he's still unproven. I wonder if you couldn't squeeze something a little better than Musa Smith back. Henderson and Howard may not have great value to you (I agree) but they're still more valuable today than Smith and Griffin. So, unless Hayes 2006 season is equal to that of a mid RB2 in your league, I think you're giving up the best player in the deal.Since a young RB is exceedingly difficult to get while a wise IDPer can find a LB like Hayes somewhat easier, you need to be sure you're getting max value/potential when your doing offense for defense.

QB- Start 1

Romo vs Eagles

Rivers vs Seahawks

Toss-up here but leaning towards Romo for consistency

RB- Start 2-3

Gore vs Cardinals, Starter

Dayne vs Colts, Toss-up

Julius vs Eagles, Toss-up

MB III vs Eagles, Toss-up

Gore obvious starter here and Dayne is going against the worste run defense. Leaning towards MB with a good matchup. Can go with just 2 RB's and 4 WR's but believe my matchups at WR are a bit worse.

WR- Start 3-4

CJ vs Broncos, Starter

Lee Evans vs Titans, Starter

Roy Williams vs Bears, Toss-up

Cotchery vs Dolphins, Toss-up

Chambers vs Jets, Toss-up

Set on both CJ and Lee to start with fair matchups. Roy and Chambers have fallen off the planet for some reason and the last time Cotchery went up against the Dolphins he had 1 catch for like 6 yds. Im leaning on just playing 3 WR's but wich one is the answer I need, well unless you think 2 of them is better than starting a 3rd RB.

TE- Start 1

Desmond Clark- Starter (only option hehe)

PK- Start 1

Josh Brown vs Chargers, Toss-up

Carney vs Giants, Toss-up

Orlinde Mare vs Jets, Toss-up

Pretty much a 2 man race here between Brown/Carney but Mare should get some opportunities against a not so good Jets Defense.

DT/DE- Start 2-3

Trent Cole- Starter (only option)

Kampman- Starter (play'd already) Thanks Kamp

LB- Start 2-3

Fletcher vs Titans, Starter

Ray Ray vs Steelers, Starter

Zach Thomas vs Jets, Starter

Brackett vs Texans, Maybe

Lemarr Marshall vs Rams, Maybe

Pretty set here with the 3 top level guys unless I hear compeling arguments for either of the other 2.

CB/S- Start 2-3

Greg Westley vs Raiders, Starter

Lito Sheppard vs Cowboys, Toss-up

Richard Marshall vs Carolina, Toss-up

Robert Griffith vs 49ers, Toss-up

Greg is my definate starter with his consistency, even with a perse bad matchup. Marshall and Griffith have been fairly consistent as well. Lito has a fantastic matchup against either Terry Glenn or Owens...not sure who he will match up on but Owens probably would be better if that is who he ends up covering.

TIA......really stuck on Romo/Rivers, going with 2 or 3 RB vs 3-4 wr's and exactly which combo, kicker (who cares lol) or starting Lito over any of the other 3 guys. Sorry to go offensive on ya but always appreciate your responses.....well except the one that was a day late, haha, just kidding

yort

Super Bowl DB ? start 2

2pts/tackle and assist, 5 pts/ pass def and Forced fumble 10 pts per INT/sack/FR/TD

Ken Hamlin-definitely starting for me

Antrell Rolle

Madieu Williams

Nate Clements

Rolle has been making more tackles, had good game 1st time out against SF

Clements has INT 2 weeks in a row, can he do 3-Titans dont seem to be greatest matchup for CB, but Young could make mistakes

Williams-numbers have dipped past few weeks, but has pass def and INT potential, playing against rookie QB

Curious what Jene and others think

QB- Start 1

Romo vs Eagles

Rivers vs Seahawks

Toss-up here but leaning towards Romo for consistency

I think Romo is the clear choice here. He's got solid upside and the Seahawks run defense is so poor that Rivers may not be needed outside the red zone either.

RB- Start 2-3

Gore vs Cardinals, Starter

Dayne vs Colts, Toss-up

Julius vs Eagles, Toss-up

MB III vs Eagles, Toss-up

Gore obvious starter here and Dayne is going against the worste run defense. Leaning towards MB with a good matchup. Can go with just 2 RB's and 4 WR's but believe my matchups at WR are a bit worse.

WR- Start 3-4

CJ vs Broncos, Starter

Lee Evans vs Titans, Starter

Roy Williams vs Bears, Toss-up

Cotchery vs Dolphins, Toss-up

Chambers vs Jets, Toss-up

Set on both CJ and Lee to start with fair matchups. Roy and Chambers have fallen off the planet for some reason and the last time Cotchery went up against the Dolphins he had 1 catch for like 6 yds. Im leaning on just playing 3 WR's but wich one is the answer I need, well unless you think 2 of them is better than starting a 3rd RB.

Pretty sure I'd take the guys who you know will get touches and goal line opportunities -- Gore, Dayne, and Barber. I don't think you can trust anyone other than CJ here, so I'd lean toward the two who get targeted most often -- Williams and Cotchery. They'll have poor corners on them, too. Evans has serious big play ability, though, so if that's what you want I'd go with that. Pacman Jones has sure been playing well, though.

TE- Start 1

Desmond Clark- Starter (only option hehe)

PK- Start 1

Josh Brown vs Chargers, Toss-up

Carney vs Giants, Toss-up

Orlinde Mare vs Jets, Toss-up

Pretty much a 2 man race here between Brown/Carney but Mare should get some opportunities against a not so good Jets Defense.

I hate kickers. Herman says Carney, although he doesn't have any of the three above 17th.

DT/DE- Start 2-3

Trent Cole- Starter (only option)

Kampman- Starter (play'd already) Thanks Kamp

LB- Start 2-3

Fletcher vs Titans, Starter

Ray Ray vs Steelers, Starter

Zach Thomas vs Jets, Starter

Brackett vs Texans, Maybe

Lemarr Marshall vs Rams, Maybe

Pretty set here with the 3 top level guys unless I hear compeling arguments for either of the other 2.

Agree.

CB/S- Start 2-3

Greg Westley vs Raiders, Starter

Lito Sheppard vs Cowboys, Toss-up

Richard Marshall vs Carolina, Toss-up

Robert Griffith vs 49ers, Toss-up

Greg is my definate starter with his consistency, even with a perse bad matchup. Marshall and Griffith have been fairly consistent as well. Lito has a fantastic matchup against either Terry Glenn or Owens...not sure who he will match up on but Owens probably would be better if that is who he ends up covering.

Playing with fire with the Raider matchup. I think Sheppard is a better play than Marshall, who gets the horrid Falcon pass offense -- so bad that I don't know that I'd feel comfortable pimping him over Wesley. No major big play upside with either guy there either. If you like Wesley, roll with him.

TIA......really stuck on Romo/Rivers, going with 2 or 3 RB vs 3-4 wr's and exactly which combo, kicker (who cares lol) or starting Lito over any of the other 3 guys. Sorry to go offensive on ya but always appreciate your responses.....well except the one that was a day late, haha, just kidding

yort
:popcorn:

Super Bowl DB ? start 2 2pts/tackle and assist, 5 pts/ pass def and Forced fumble 10 pts per INT/sack/FR/TDKen Hamlin-definitely starting for meAntrell RolleMadieu WilliamsNate ClementsRolle has been making more tackles, had good game 1st time out against SFClements has INT 2 weeks in a row, can he do 3-Titans dont seem to be greatest matchup for CB, but Young could make mistakesWilliams-numbers have dipped past few weeks, but has pass def and INT potential, playing against rookie QBCurious what Jene and others think
Rolle and Clements have well below average matchups this week but that scoring system looks awful juicy for corners. Clements hasn't been tackling well but has much better ball skills than Rolle this year -- he'd be my pick between the two for the upside. I don't think you can trust Williams right now with the three headed monster at safety in Cincinnati. I'd play Clements but I don't like it very much. If you've got a feeling on one of the other two guys, go with it.

Well, I sure thought I was solid heading into the playoffs, but now I could use some input on which 4 LB's to start:

Edwards @ SEA - no brainer start

Urlacher @ DET - with no run game to speak of in DET, do Urlacher's opportunities take a blow?

June @ HOU - listed as Q and INDI should get up early on HOU, so will he hold back or rest?

L Williams vs TB - seemed like a no brainer with A Davis out, but TB doesn't exactly pound the rock.

Dansby @ SF - has played well 3 of the last 4 weeks

Dl Smith vs NE - hasn't played well 3 of the last 4 weeks, but Pats should rush the ball plenty

T Davis @ ATL - also hot & cold, but could Vick/Dunn run game increase opportunities?

O Gaither @ DAL - nice game last week

Scoring settings and starting line up info in signature below.

Thanks again for all of the insight this year -- CHEERS! :eek:

go corn said:
Well, I sure thought I was solid heading into the playoffs, but now I could use some input on which 4 LB's to start:Edwards @ SEA - no brainer startUrlacher @ DET - with no run game to speak of in DET, do Urlacher's opportunities take a blow?June @ HOU - listed as Q and INDI should get up early on HOU, so will he hold back or rest?L Williams vs TB - seemed like a no brainer with A Davis out, but TB doesn't exactly pound the rock.Dansby @ SF - has played well 3 of the last 4 weeksDl Smith vs NE - hasn't played well 3 of the last 4 weeks, but Pats should rush the ball plentyT Davis @ ATL - also hot & cold, but could Vick/Dunn run game increase opportunities?O Gaither @ DAL - nice game last weekScoring settings and starting line up info in signature below.Thanks again for all of the insight this year -- CHEERS! :banned:
I think you can ignore Smith and Davis this week. They've got nice potential but are too inconsistent to trust with the other options you have.At first blush, Urlacher's matchup looks really poor, but the best opposing LB has had nine solos each of the past three weeks. Assuming he plays the entire game, he's a solid option and I don't think you can comfortably sit him. The Texans are a better than expected matchup on paper too. Dansby, Williams, and Gaither all have nice potential as well. There's some small risk that Gaither sits in some nickel packages with Barber back healthy.This is a tough call. I think I'd play your matchup. If you want the safest set of points, I think I'd play Edwards, June, Williams, and probably Urlacher. All should get a solid number of tackles and should be on the field at game's end. If you want big potential, Gaither and Dansby -- with Hayes out, he could be making plays in pursuit all day long and he'll probably draw the Vernon Davis assignment -- go for Urlacher and probably June.I know I'm talking in circles here, but two of the June, Williams, Dansby, Gaither crowd are going to have huge games. I just can't commit to who I think it'll be and I think the first two are the safer starts.Good luck with whomever you decide. It's a nice, but frustrating, problem to have.

I read a FF report that the Bears may rest some players today including Urlacher. So should Urlacher owners be cautious?? I have him in the line up right now but really can't afford 2QTRs from him. I have Cato June on the bench would it be wise to play him instead? How is his knee?

Doo said:
Made it to my championship game, I'm set at DL w/ J. Taylor/Shobel.

Need help on LB/DB, Zealots league.

LB (Start 3)

Briggs, Lance CHI LB 139.30 7 FA

Bruschi, Tedy NEP LB 94.30 6 FA

Crowell, Angelo BUF LB (I) 92.00 8 FA

Gaither, Omar PHI LB ® (P) 53.10 9 FA

Johnson, Landon CIN LB 97.70 5 FA

June, Cato IND LB (Q) 118.10 6 FA

Keiaho, Freddie IND LB ® 20.50 6 FA

McCoy, Matt PHI LB 64.50 9 FA

Spikes, Takeo BUF LB (Q) 49.50 8 FA

Tulloch, Stephen TEN LB ® 46.00

Bolded are my current picks for this week, pretty set on June/Briggs, I'm not so sure on Bruschi with the way Omar Gaither has been playing, Landon Johnson will likely sit this week, Who do you prefer from Bruschi/Gaither, also any chance Briggs is a bad play this week with Chicago situation?

DB (Start 3)

Hall, Deangelo ATL CB (P) 97.80 5 FA

Atogwe, Oshiomogho STL S 91.80 7 FA

Bell, Yeremiah MIA S 78.50 8 FA

Considine, Sean PHI S 72.00 9 FA

Lewis, Keith SFO S 78.20 7 FA

Rhodes, Kerry NYJ S 131.50 9 FA

Sanders, Bob IND S (Q) 31.00 6 FA

Sharper, Darren MIN S 81.00 6 FA

Smith, Dwight MIN S 103.10 6 FA

Smith, Eric NYJ S ® (Q) 24.50 9 FA

Williams, Shaun CAR S 63.00 9 FA

Current starters in bold, Rhodes and Lewis are pretty much set. I am going nutso deciding between Bell and D. Hall. I'd like to go D. Hall but don't want one of his 1 tackle games.
I'd play Gaither over Bruschi, I think, even with some small concern that Shawn Barber could steal some nickel snaps. The Bears don't have bunches of backers and I can't see them resting both Urlacher and Briggs. He should be safe.I think you answered your own question at DB. If you can't afford a poor game, start a safe option -- Bell is fine. If you need some big play possibilities, Hall is a solid option.

I read a FF report that the Bears may rest some players today including Urlacher. So should Urlacher owners be cautious?? I have him in the line up right now but really can't afford 2QTRs from him. I have Cato June on the bench would it be wise to play him instead? How is his knee?
June is active -- that's all I know currently. If you can't risk Urlacher (and I'm not), play June.

Thanks for the great advice last week Jene! I am now just 3.2 pts out of first with one week to go in our total points league. One more time around the maypole please! :hot:

1pt for TKL, AST 5pts for FF, FR, INT 10pts for TD. We play a 3-4-4

DE - Playing Allen, Peppers, and Ekuban here. Adeyanju against a young QB might not be a bad option, but I'm not sure how healthy he is.

Victor Adeyanju @ Minnesota Vikings (Sun 1:00p)

**Jared Allen vs. Jacksonville Jaguars (Sun 1:00p)

**Ebenezer Ekuban vs. San Francisco 49ers (Sun 4:15p)

**Julius Peppers @ New Orleans Saints (Sun 1:00p)

LB - LB's as always are my bane. Urlacher would normally start, but Im worried he won't play much. Moore is doing well, so he seems good against Denver as does Sims against Dallas. Derrick has something to play for against the Jags. After him Hayes should be in if he's healthy, or I have Booley, who has been doing well against Phi, or Landon, or Clint. Thomas Davis might also be a consideration.

Michael Boley @ Philadelphia Eagles (Sun 1:00p)

Thomas Davis @ New Orleans Saints (Sun 1:00p)

**Gerald Hayes @ San Diego Chargers (Sun 4:15p)

Clint Ingram @ Kansas City Chiefs (Sun 1:00p)

**Derrick O. Johnson vs. Jacksonville Jaguars (Sun 1:00p)

Landon Johnson vs. Pittsburgh Steelers (Sun 1:00p)

Manny Lawson @ Denver Broncos (Sun 4:15p)

**Brandon Moore @ Denver Broncos (Sun 4:15p)

**Ernie Sims @ Dallas Cowboys (Sun 1:00p)

Brian Urlacher vs. Green Bay Packers (Sun 1:00p)

CB - Jones, Darrent, and Keith seem like for sure starts. I'm torn on Bethea, or Considine, Williams, or Earl. Both Bethea and Williams had active day's last week. Earl against CLE might be good if they blitz him or if CLE trys to run a lot. (plus Winslow gets a lot of looks)

**Darrent Williams vs. San Francisco 49ers (Sun 4:15p)

**Antoine Bethea vs. Miami Dolphins (Sun 1:00p)

Sean Considine vs. Atlanta Falcons (Sun 1:00p)

Glenn Earl vs. Cleveland Browns (Sun 1:00p)

**Sean Jones @ Houston Texans (Sun 1:00p)

**Keith Lewis @ Denver Broncos (Sun 4:15p)

Madieu Williams vs. Pittsburgh Steelers (Sun 1:00p)

Thanks again! This is like a mastercard commercial...Footballguys membership...priceless! :hot:

Thanks for the great advice last week Jene! I am now just 3.2 pts out of first with one week to go in our total points league. One more time around the maypole please! :bowtie:1pt for TKL, AST 5pts for FF, FR, INT 10pts for TD. We play a 3-4-4DE - Playing Allen, Peppers, and Ekuban here. Adeyanju against a young QB might not be a bad option, but I'm not sure how healthy he is.Victor Adeyanju @ Minnesota Vikings (Sun 1:00p) **Jared Allen vs. Jacksonville Jaguars (Sun 1:00p) **Ebenezer Ekuban vs. San Francisco 49ers (Sun 4:15p) **Julius Peppers @ New Orleans Saints (Sun 1:00p) LB - LB's as always are my bane. Urlacher would normally start, but Im worried he won't play much. Moore is doing well, so he seems good against Denver as does Sims against Dallas. Derrick has something to play for against the Jags. After him Hayes should be in if he's healthy, or I have Booley, who has been doing well against Phi, or Landon, or Clint. Thomas Davis might also be a consideration.Michael Boley @ Philadelphia Eagles (Sun 1:00p) Thomas Davis @ New Orleans Saints (Sun 1:00p) **Gerald Hayes @ San Diego Chargers (Sun 4:15p) Clint Ingram @ Kansas City Chiefs (Sun 1:00p) **Derrick O. Johnson vs. Jacksonville Jaguars (Sun 1:00p) Landon Johnson vs. Pittsburgh Steelers (Sun 1:00p) Manny Lawson @ Denver Broncos (Sun 4:15p) **Brandon Moore @ Denver Broncos (Sun 4:15p) **Ernie Sims @ Dallas Cowboys (Sun 1:00p) Brian Urlacher vs. Green Bay Packers (Sun 1:00p) CB - Jones, Darrent, and Keith seem like for sure starts. I'm torn on Bethea, or Considine, Williams, or Earl. Both Bethea and Williams had active day's last week. Earl against CLE might be good if they blitz him or if CLE trys to run a lot. (plus Winslow gets a lot of looks)**Darrent Williams vs. San Francisco 49ers (Sun 4:15p) **Antoine Bethea vs. Miami Dolphins (Sun 1:00p) Sean Considine vs. Atlanta Falcons (Sun 1:00p) Glenn Earl vs. Cleveland Browns (Sun 1:00p) **Sean Jones @ Houston Texans (Sun 1:00p) **Keith Lewis @ Denver Broncos (Sun 4:15p) Madieu Williams vs. Pittsburgh Steelers (Sun 1:00p) Thanks again! This is like a mastercard commercial...Footballguys membership...priceless! :ph34r:
I wouldn't risk Adeyanju either. Hopefully, Ekuban stays consistent and Peppers gives good effort against a very solid Saints OL.I think Hayes (if healthy), Moore (WLB have been excellent plays against the Broncos), and Sims are solid plays this week. The fourth spot is a tough call. I'd still probably go with Urlacher -- he didn't sit last week and he'll be hard to get off the field anyway -- as I don't see any particularly good matchups leftover. Boley has the best big play potential of the leftovers. Davis is probably the safest fourth LB play here though. Good luck with whatever you decide.I think you've got the right foursome at DB. Madieu Williams is an interesting consideration against the Steelers but I think Bethea is the better play. Can't see Sanders taking too much value this week as I doubt they let him play many snaps even if he's active.

ID for championship?

A. Davis is out

B Moore

L Fletcher-Baker

L Tatupu

D Johnson

or pick up. E. J. Henderson from Min.

Coach,

Haven't posted in The Corner yet, but I could use a little advise.

In my main IDP Dynasty League I seem to be pretty set at DL and LB:

DL (start 3): C. Grant, D. Burgess, O. Umenyiora, J. Abraham, M. Anderson ®

LB (start 3): K. Bulluck, Z. Thomas, L. Briggs, M. Peterson, D. Smith (Jax), I. Gold, C. Crowder, Dem. Williams, B. Ruud

But not so much at DB (start 3): T. Polamula, D. Robinson, K. Lewis, C. Harris, I also had Darrent Williams.

In an attempt to shake things up, I've offered Zach Thomas to the league. He was our #3 LB this year. My reasoning: 1) he's getting older, 2) things might be in flux if Saban leaves, 3) want to unload him while he still has a high value.

My questions. Is my LB depth strong enough to compensate for the loss of Thomas? What kind of value can I expect for him? I asked for a stud DB and picks.

Right now, I have one owner who is willing to part with his 1.3 rookie pick + D. Hall (ATL). Wow. 1.3!!! Looks like I should jump at that right? Anything I'm missing?

Thanks for the read.

Coach,Haven't posted in The Corner yet, but I could use a little advise.In my main IDP Dynasty League I seem to be pretty set at DL and LB:DL (start 3): C. Grant, D. Burgess, O. Umenyiora, J. Abraham, M. Anderson ®LB (start 3): K. Bulluck, Z. Thomas, L. Briggs, M. Peterson, D. Smith (Jax), I. Gold, C. Crowder, Dem. Williams, B. RuudBut not so much at DB (start 3): T. Polamula, D. Robinson, K. Lewis, C. Harris, I also had Darrent Williams. In an attempt to shake things up, I've offered Zach Thomas to the league. He was our #3 LB this year. My reasoning: 1) he's getting older, 2) things might be in flux if Saban leaves, 3) want to unload him while he still has a high value.My questions. Is my LB depth strong enough to compensate for the loss of Thomas? What kind of value can I expect for him? I asked for a stud DB and picks.Right now, I have one owner who is willing to part with his 1.3 rookie pick + D. Hall (ATL). Wow. 1.3!!! Looks like I should jump at that right? Anything I'm missing?Thanks for the read.
Apologies for the late reply. You're absolutely correct -- if you haven't jumped on that I would. I think the top three picks are likely to be very, very good offensive performers (Peterson, Lynch, Johnson) and although the early word I heard yesterday was that Jim Bates might replace Saban in Miami -- which would be very good for Thomas -- there's no guarantee that happens or that Thomas will be around if it does.With Ruud seemingly stepping into a starting role for you next year, you should have three solid performers even if Briggs goes to a poorer situation.

Users who are viewing this thread