What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Coaches Corner (1 Viewer)

Hi Jene,

Wanted to pick your brain at my LB3 spot.

Keyed up to roll with JPete vs SF--he's been a great LB3 for me this year. Problem is I don't like this matchup. Last time vs SF he had just 2 solos, and I really don't see that changing this week, unless he can add an INT when Smith tries to force it to Vernon.

Urlacher and Quarles are LB1-2 right now.

My other options are:

Larry Foote (CAR), Clint Ingram (TEN), Ruud (i already have Quarles starting) (CHI), and Daryl Smith (TEN)

I'm leaning towards Smith, but he's certainly been boom-or-bust lately.

Standard Z scoring. Thanks.

Bizkiteer said:
JB,Bounce something of ya!Lewis, Keith SFO S at SeahawksReed, Edward BAL S vs BrownsSmith, Dwight MIN S vs JetsTaylor, Sean WAS S at SaintsCurrently I have S. Taylor & K. Lewis slated to start. Should the weather in tonight's game change my mind about Keith Lewis? Last time he played SEA he racked up a cool 14.0 pts and in his last five games has avg 12.1 pts per game. Is he getting those pts by tackling RB's or strictly by playing back and getting WR's? I keep going back n forth about it because if SEA doesn't throw it often then will he chances of getting pts deminish greatly? Other options are Reed = Jeckyl & Hyde and D. Smith is a lesser of them all.1 pt per tackle.5 per asst1 per pass def5 pts for INT4 pts for Sack3 pts for FF2 pts for FRThanks!
Lewis is safe. A fair number of tackles have come behind the junk the Niners have been playing at MLB the past couple of weeks. And it could get worse if they go to Jay Foreman tonight. I agree that Dwight Smith isn't an option. Reed is the boom-bust guy; I'd use him if a big week helps you much more than a poor week hurts you. Otherwise, I think Lewis and Taylor are the plays.
Thanks JB!!!

Hi Jene,Wanted to pick your brain at my LB3 spot.Keyed up to roll with JPete vs SF--he's been a great LB3 for me this year. Problem is I don't like this matchup. Last time vs SF he had just 2 solos, and I really don't see that changing this week, unless he can add an INT when Smith tries to force it to Vernon.Urlacher and Quarles are LB1-2 right now.My other options are:Larry Foote (CAR), Clint Ingram (TEN), Ruud (i already have Quarles starting) (CHI), and Daryl Smith (TEN)I'm leaning towards Smith, but he's certainly been boom-or-bust lately.Standard Z scoring. Thanks.
I like Daryl Smith. The Titans are playing better, the Jags are terrible on the road -- it's a decent combination to bring Smith some tackles as he's done much better when the Jags aren't ahead and playing ball control on offense/nickel on defense.Posted about this in the main forum, but your playoff situation matters to me. If you're an underdog and want to roll the dice on a two sack week from Peterson against what looks to be a fading Niners team on the road, that's a legit way to go.Best of luck.

LB4 possibilities, which is better start?

Brandon Moore SF vs Sea tonite, or Landon Johnson Cin vs Indy on MNF?

scoring is:

2 pt solo tackle

1pt assisted tackle

10 pts sack

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a minor dilema....kinda.

Currently I am starting the following players on the IDP side of my team, we start 2DLs, 2 LBs, 2DBs, and 2 Flex, but no more than three at any one position.

Tackles = 2pts

Assist = 1pt

Sack, FF, FR = 3pts

INT = 4pts

Kelly, Tommy OAK DT vs Rams

Thomas, Bryan NYJ DE at Vikings

Greenwood, Morlon HOU LB at Patriots

Merriman, Shawne SDC LB vs Chiefs

Morrison, Kirk OAK LB vs Rams

Lynch, John DEN S at Cardinals

Schweigert, Stuart OAK S vs Rams

Wesley, Greg KCC S at Chargers

Here's my bench.....

Myers, Michael DEN DT at Cardinals

Cole, Trent PHI DE at Giants

Daniels, Philip WAS DE at Saints

Hayes, Gerald ARI LB vs Broncos

Howard, Thomas OAK LB vs Rams

Moore, Brandon SFO LB at Seahawks

Shanle, Scott NOS LB vs Redskins

Spencer, Shawntae SFO CB at Seahawks

Archuleta, Adam WAS S at Saints

Bullocks, Daniel DET S at Packers

Now I also have two players on my DTS that I can promote and give a 4 year contract to, if I cut Shawntae Spencer. Who has a 4 year contract himself, but I'm only paying him $1, on a $30,000 cap. (BTW this is a dynasty salary cap league :shrug: , super fun.)

Mathias Kiwanuka vs Eagles....or

PacMan Jones vs Jaguars.

Any advice would be helpful, I am not totally comfortable starting Spencer, or Lynch, or Wesley for that matter. ;)

If you need more info just let me know, I tried to give all I could think of.

Thanks again.

LB4 possibilities, which is better start?Brandon Moore SF vs Sea tonite, or Landon Johnson Cin vs Indy on MNF?thanks
LB4 possibilities, which is better start?Brandon Moore SF vs Sea tonite, or Landon Johnson Cin vs Indy on MNF?thanks
interested in your thoughts on brandon moore also now that derek smith has been ruled out?
Brandon Moore's value doesn't change much with Smith out. Ulbrich is just as mediocre as is Foreman who may get the call in the middle tonight. Moore stands a reasonable chance of being Will Witherspoon like as a pursuing WLB next to Foreman/Ulbrich and Navies/Lawson. Problem is, that value is matchup and game situation related. I'd like to think his matchup against SA is better than in the past three weeks he's been at the Will but he's managed nine solo tackles over that time frame despite a whopping 104 rush attempts against and three teams (STL, NO, GB) that like to use short passes in the gameplan.Moore may have a very nice game tonight -- I know Norton feels he will -- but I can't strongly recommend him. On the other hand, I've been reluctant to recommend Landon Johnson much this season given the Bengals rotating LB issues. But this week, Johnson should be a very good option in standard leagues. Johnson is a fixture in the nickel defense and makes the majority of his tackles in those packages. The Colts routinely spread the field with multiple WR sets and opposing defenses are often in the nickel the majority of the time.tec, I'd play Johnson unless you get a big premium for sacks. Moore is a good bet to get a sack tonight given the Seahawks issues in pass protection.

interested in your thoughts on brandon moore also now that derek smith has been ruled out?
In a move that makes no damn sense at all, Nolan has put Ulbrich into the middle with Smith out, and left BMoore outside in Ulbrich's old spot.I just don't get it.BMoore was a beast in the middle filling in for Smith....why not put him back there and Ulbrich back at his familiar old spot? :( my 2 cents as a Niner homerThat said, I feel BMoore will be a good play tonite (in pursuit, as Norton/Jene said) as little Ulbrich will get eaten alive.

I have a minor dilema....kinda.Currently I am starting the following players on the IDP side of my team, we start 2DLs, 2 LBs, 2DBs, and 2 Flex, but no more than three at any one position.Tackles = 2ptsAssist = 1ptSack, FF, FR = 3ptsINT = 4ptsKelly, Tommy OAK DT vs RamsThomas, Bryan NYJ DE at VikingsGreenwood, Morlon HOU LB at PatriotsMerriman, Shawne SDC LB vs Chiefs Morrison, Kirk OAK LB vs Rams Lynch, John DEN S at Cardinals Schweigert, Stuart OAK S vs Rams Wesley, Greg KCC S at Chargers Here's my bench.....Myers, Michael DEN DT at Cardinals Cole, Trent PHI DE at Giants Daniels, Philip WAS DE at SaintsHayes, Gerald ARI LB vs Broncos Howard, Thomas OAK LB vs Rams Moore, Brandon SFO LB at Seahawks Shanle, Scott NOS LB vs Redskins Spencer, Shawntae SFO CB at Seahawks Archuleta, Adam WAS S at Saints Bullocks, Daniel DET S at Packers Now I also have two players on my DTS that I can promote and give a 4 year contract to, if I cut Shawntae Spencer. Who has a 4 year contract himself, but I'm only paying him $1, on a $30,000 cap. (BTW this is a dynasty salary cap league :D , super fun.)Mathias Kiwanuka vs Eagles....or PacMan Jones vs Jaguars.Any advice would be helpful, I am not totally comfortable starting Spencer, or Lynch, or Wesley for that matter. :lmao:If you need more info just let me know, I tried to give all I could think of.Thanks again.
I hope you're in a 16 team league because this roster could use a little work. :confused: Kiwanuka is an interesting play. He's a solid play, but the poor premium for sacks depresses his value significantly. I don't think his probable tackle stats make him a clear play over one of those DBs so if the cap issue is a major one, I'd pass.I'm done bashing Greenwood. It doesn't matter how poor a player he may be and who's lining up next to him. As bad as the Texans defense has been, any replacement level player is a threat for 8 tackles. The Merriman play is completely up to you. His value is entirely big play dependent and your scoring system doesn't value that at all. Still, it's hard to argue when the guy is averaging more than a sack per game. I think Hayes and Shanle are both safer plays, especially Hayes with his good tackle matchup vs the Broncos.I think I'd play Spencer over Lynch. I think the matchup difference is enough to take on the return from injury risk. If you decide to bring Kiwanuka up, Lynch is who I'd bench.

In a move that makes no damn sense at all, Nolan has put Ulbrich into the middle with Smith out, and left BMoore outside in Ulbrich's old spot.I just don't get it.BMoore was a beast in the middle filling in for Smith....why not put him back there and Ulbrich back at his familiar old spot? :confused: my 2 cents as a Niner homerThat said, I feel BMoore will be a good play tonite (in pursuit, as Norton/Jene said) as little Ulbrich will get eaten alive.
I'm with you. For a defensive guy, Nolan has been beyond bizarre this year. He's continued to mismanage and stunt the growth of his two best linebackers because the NFC is so bad there's the perception that the Niners can earn a playoff berth.Curious, though. Have you seen something in the past two weeks that suggests Moore will succeed this week in pursuit where he hasn't in the last three weeks with similar matchups?

I have a minor dilema....kinda.Currently I am starting the following players on the IDP side of my team, we start 2DLs, 2 LBs, 2DBs, and 2 Flex, but no more than three at any one position.Tackles = 2ptsAssist = 1ptSack, FF, FR = 3ptsINT = 4ptsKelly, Tommy OAK DT vs RamsThomas, Bryan NYJ DE at VikingsGreenwood, Morlon HOU LB at PatriotsMerriman, Shawne SDC LB vs Chiefs Morrison, Kirk OAK LB vs Rams Lynch, John DEN S at Cardinals Schweigert, Stuart OAK S vs Rams Wesley, Greg KCC S at Chargers Here's my bench.....Myers, Michael DEN DT at Cardinals Cole, Trent PHI DE at Giants Daniels, Philip WAS DE at SaintsHayes, Gerald ARI LB vs Broncos Howard, Thomas OAK LB vs Rams Moore, Brandon SFO LB at Seahawks Shanle, Scott NOS LB vs Redskins Spencer, Shawntae SFO CB at Seahawks Archuleta, Adam WAS S at Saints Bullocks, Daniel DET S at Packers Now I also have two players on my DTS that I can promote and give a 4 year contract to, if I cut Shawntae Spencer. Who has a 4 year contract himself, but I'm only paying him $1, on a $30,000 cap. (BTW this is a dynasty salary cap league :) , super fun.)Mathias Kiwanuka vs Eagles....or PacMan Jones vs Jaguars.Any advice would be helpful, I am not totally comfortable starting Spencer, or Lynch, or Wesley for that matter. :)If you need more info just let me know, I tried to give all I could think of.Thanks again.
I hope you're in a 16 team league because this roster could use a little work. ;) Kiwanuka is an interesting play. He's a solid play, but the poor premium for sacks depresses his value significantly. I don't think his probable tackle stats make him a clear play over one of those DBs so if the cap issue is a major one, I'd pass.I'm done bashing Greenwood. It doesn't matter how poor a player he may be and who's lining up next to him. As bad as the Texans defense has been, any replacement level player is a threat for 8 tackles. The Merriman play is completely up to you. His value is entirely big play dependent and your scoring system doesn't value that at all. Still, it's hard to argue when the guy is averaging more than a sack per game. I think Hayes and Shanle are both safer plays, especially Hayes with his good tackle matchup vs the Broncos.I think I'd play Spencer over Lynch. I think the matchup difference is enough to take on the return from injury risk. If you decide to bring Kiwanuka up, Lynch is who I'd bench.
Yeah it's a 16 team league. :) Kiwanuka has scored, 71.5, 17.00 11.50 4.00 6.50 23.50 9.00 over the last six weeksMerriman has scored 25.50 both weeks since he returned for his 'vacation'.Hayes and Shanle haven't topped 20 points once since week 7.... I guess I'm looking for big play potential, I'm going against the LT owner this week. :bye: , so I don't know.Thanks Jene, very informative as always. :thumbup:

Yeah it's a 16 team league. ;) Kiwanuka has scored, 71.5, 17.00 11.50 4.00 6.50 23.50 9.00 over the last six weeksMerriman has scored 25.50 both weeks since he returned for his 'vacation'.Hayes and Shanle haven't topped 20 points once since week 7.... I guess I'm looking for big play potential, I'm going against the LT owner this week. :bye: , so I don't know.Thanks Jene, very informative as always. :thumbup:
Roster looks much better to me now. And I'm all for the high risk play if you think you're a big dog -- I've been posting about that all day here and in the main forum. Best of luck.

jene would u start moore over ghayes with 2pts t, 1pt at, 3.5 a sack 1pt per pd?

im leaning towards hayes

jene would u start moore over ghayes with 2pts t, 1pt at, 3.5 a sack 1pt per pd?im leaning towards hayes
I'd start Hayes.Lot of general discussion about Hayes and Moore in this thread today. It's probably worth reading some of the posts above for some more information. 5 Rings (Niner homer) had some thoughts on Moore) and my fingers are getting tired... :thumbup: .

jene would u start moore over ghayes with 2pts t, 1pt at, 3.5 a sack 1pt per pd?im leaning towards hayes
I'd start Hayes.Lot of general discussion about Hayes and Moore in this thread today. It's probably worth reading some of the posts above for some more information. 5 Rings (Niner homer) had some thoughts on Moore) and my fingers are getting tired... :thumbup: .
thanks ive read most of that and then the eotg and whatever else the idp columns are calledjust a last minute gut change that im deciding againstthx jene!

Curious, though. Have you seen something in the past two weeks that suggests Moore will succeed this week in pursuit where he hasn't in the last three weeks with similar matchups?
I gotta say I'm a bit confused here. After each game I watch, it looks like BMoore was in on about 8-10 tackles...then the boxscore gives him a 2-1 and I shake my head (Maybe the scorers are as confused as the horrible announcers who continually called him "Hannibal Navies" last week :banned: ). He's always around the play, and teams seem to shy from running at him--but they will try reverses, due to his tendency to overpursue and having a rookie DE (Melvin Oliver) on the same side.There is nothing I've seen in the past few weeks that lead me to believe BMoore is a good play tonite.My belief that Seattle will control the ball for 35-40 mins with SA/Mo is why I think BMoore is a good play tonite--the opportunities will be there.

N. Collins or S. Williams? I need to pick up someone if McGee doesn't play

1.5tack, .75assist, 5int, 4sack, 3ff, 2fr, 1passdefend

First off, thanks for the help last week! It was perfect!

So..onto this week

1pt for TKL, AST 5pts for FF, FR, INT 10pts for TD. We play a 3-4-4

DE - Going with Allen, Peppers and Ekuban. I'm not sure how healthy Adey is, and Kalimba has been silent.

Victor Adeyanju @ Oakland Raiders (Sun 4:15p)

**Jared Allen @ San Diego Chargers (Sun 8:15p)

Kalimba Edwards @ Green Bay Packers (Sun 1:00p)

**Ebenezer Ekuban @ Arizona Cardinals (Sun 4:05p)

**Julius Peppers vs. Pittsburgh Steelers (Sun 1:00p)

LB - Im a little torn on this one. I think I need to play Urlacher and Hayes. Hayes has been quiet lately, but it would seem he would have a good matchup this week. Sims has had a couple solid weeks, so I put him in against the Pack. Then I have Davis or DJohnson next. I went with Davis, but like Derrick as another option. Landon is a sleeper if he's playing WLB against the Colts.

Michael Boley vs. Dallas Cowboys (Sat 8:00p)

**Thomas Davis vs. Pittsburgh Steelers (Sun 1:00p)

**Gerald Hayes vs. Denver Broncos (Sun 4:05p)

Clint Ingram @ Tennessee Titans (Sun 1:00p)

Derrick O. Johnson @ San Diego Chargers (Sun 8:15p)

Landon Johnson @ Indianapolis Colts (Mon 8:30p)

**Ernie Sims @ Green Bay Packers (Sun 1:00p)

**Brian Urlacher vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Sun 1:00p)

CB - Looking at Sean, Keith, Sean, and Madieu. Darrent and Bethea are dinged, so I guess Earl is my only other option.

Darrent Williams @ Arizona Cardinals (Sun 4:05p)

Antoine Bethea vs. Cincinnati Bengals (Mon 8:30p)

**Sean Considine @ New York Giants (Sun 4:15p)

Glenn Earl @ New England Patriots (Sun 1:00p)

**Sean Jones @ Baltimore Ravens (Sun 1:00p)

**Keith Lewis @ Seattle Seahawks (Thu 8:00p)

**Madieu Williams @ Indianapolis Colts (Mon 8:30p)

Thanks again, and happy holidays!

First off, thanks for the help last week! It was perfect!So..onto this week1pt for TKL, AST 5pts for FF, FR, INT 10pts for TD. We play a 3-4-4DE - Going with Allen, Peppers and Ekuban. I'm not sure how healthy Adey is, and Kalimba has been silent.Victor Adeyanju @ Oakland Raiders (Sun 4:15p) **Jared Allen @ San Diego Chargers (Sun 8:15p) Kalimba Edwards @ Green Bay Packers (Sun 1:00p) **Ebenezer Ekuban @ Arizona Cardinals (Sun 4:05p) **Julius Peppers vs. Pittsburgh Steelers (Sun 1:00p) LB - Im a little torn on this one. I think I need to play Urlacher and Hayes. Hayes has been quiet lately, but it would seem he would have a good matchup this week. Sims has had a couple solid weeks, so I put him in against the Pack. Then I have Davis or DJohnson next. I went with Davis, but like Derrick as another option. Landon is a sleeper if he's playing WLB against the Colts.Michael Boley vs. Dallas Cowboys (Sat 8:00p) **Thomas Davis vs. Pittsburgh Steelers (Sun 1:00p) **Gerald Hayes vs. Denver Broncos (Sun 4:05p) Clint Ingram @ Tennessee Titans (Sun 1:00p) Derrick O. Johnson @ San Diego Chargers (Sun 8:15p) Landon Johnson @ Indianapolis Colts (Mon 8:30p) **Ernie Sims @ Green Bay Packers (Sun 1:00p) **Brian Urlacher vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Sun 1:00p) CB - Looking at Sean, Keith, Sean, and Madieu. Darrent and Bethea are dinged, so I guess Earl is my only other option.Darrent Williams @ Arizona Cardinals (Sun 4:05p) Antoine Bethea vs. Cincinnati Bengals (Mon 8:30p) **Sean Considine @ New York Giants (Sun 4:15p) Glenn Earl @ New England Patriots (Sun 1:00p) **Sean Jones @ Baltimore Ravens (Sun 1:00p) **Keith Lewis @ Seattle Seahawks (Thu 8:00p) **Madieu Williams @ Indianapolis Colts (Mon 8:30p) Thanks again, and happy holidays!
Adeyanju tried to come back last week and had too much pain. I wouldn't trust him unless he practices all week, even against the Raiders. So you'll probably be sticking with your current three.I think you have to consider Urlacher, Hayes, and Sims must starts unless the matchups are ridiculously favoring another starter. I'm not sure you can bench Derrick Johnson against LT and Gates. You're dead on about Landon Johnson this week, though, as I expect he'll see added value with the Bengals in the nickel the majority of the time. Enough to bench Hayes or Derrick Johnson? I don't know. I think the big play value Hayes adds keeps him in the lineup, though. I think the LT/Gates matchup is too juicy. All three of those guys should be safe plays, though. Go with your gut if you like Landon Johnson over the others.Darrent Williams is questionable and Bethea is a GTD (probably won't go and is too big a risk if he does). I would play Darrent Williams over Madieu Williams this week if he starts, though. Madieu's matchup is a little better than last week but probably dependent on a big play or a lot of rushes and neither are particularly likely. I think I'd bench him for Earl as a Plan C -- the Patriots have been a monster matchup for opposing safeties and Earl should be good enough for 4-5 tackles even with Ryans hoovering tackles. Best case scenario is a reasonably healthy Darrent Williams again, though, IMO.Best of luck.

Got a big game this week, a win gets me into the championship of my big money league. We start 8 db's and here are my options:

Sean Taylor

Ed Reed

Jermaine Phillips

Adrian Wilson

Danieal Manning

Madieu Williams

Sean Considine

Deangelo Hall

Chris Harris

Troy Polamalu - Out for this week

The big decision I have is between D. Hall, S. Considine, and Chris Harris (Must start 2). D. Hall has missed practice the past two days, but he should match up with T. Owens giving him a lot of int/tkl opportunities. Chris Harris has been a solid play, but Todd Johnson practiced yesterday and is listed as questionable. I am leaning toward setting Hall, but wanted to get some others opinions. Thanks.

PLAYOFF TIME!!! Please see scoring in signature below.

Question 1 - start Will Demps (vs. PHI) or Thomas Davis (vs. PIT)?

I think Davis will be offered many more solo tackle opportunities against FWP, but he has "disappeared" in some games vs. run-oriented teams (3 solos/1 assist @ BAL; 5 solos vs. DAL), which concerns me. Against teams that have had to throw the ball a ton, including RB's out of the backfield, he's kicked butt (9 solos/1 assist /1.5 sacks vs. STL where SJAX only rushed the ball 7 times for 27 yds, but caught 7 passes for 30 yds).

Demps has been very consistent the past 4 weeks in tackles (averaged 7 solos/2 assists/ and had an INT) and offers a better opportunity for an INT. However, against PHI in Week 2, he only realized 4 solo tackles.

Question 2 - start Cato June (vs. CIN) or Daryl Smith @ TEN?

I feel very solid starting Urlacher, Edwards, and A Davis (encouraged by thread in IDP Forum!), and would entertain Dansby, but he's just as capable of putting up a goose egg as he is the game he did last week, and I need dependable output this week.

June on MNF in a huge game vs. CIN where, if M Lewis has any brains at all, will rush Rudi Johnson 50 times (a la JAX last week and TEN the week before), seems to be the logical choice, as he'll have a ton of tackle opportunities.

However, against a TEN team that averages 31 rushes per game (Henry, VY, and company), Smith should see a lot of action, as well. My concern is that last week's 7 solo/1 asst/1 sack game is an aberation, compared to the 3 previous games, where he averaged 3 solos and 2 assists.

As always, I appreciate your input and CHEERS! :wall:

Got a big game this week, a win gets me into the championship of my big money league. We start 8 db's and here are my options:Sean TaylorEd ReedJermaine PhillipsAdrian WilsonDanieal ManningMadieu WilliamsSean ConsidineDeangelo HallChris HarrisTroy Polamalu - Out for this weekThe big decision I have is between D. Hall, S. Considine, and Chris Harris (Must start 2). D. Hall has missed practice the past two days, but he should match up with T. Owens giving him a lot of int/tkl opportunities. Chris Harris has been a solid play, but Todd Johnson practiced yesterday and is listed as questionable. I am leaning toward setting Hall, but wanted to get some others opinions. Thanks.
I'll assume you mean three DBs not eight and that you're starting Wilson and Taylor in a standard scoring system. :thumbup:I like Considine's matchup narrowly over Harris' which is nice because there were rumblings that Harris and Johnson would rotate when Johnson returned. Hard to know what the plan for them is right now. DeAngelo Hall is a reasonble play with both Glenn and Owens in the lineup -- he's been bad whenever the opposing QB can target Rossum (or Webster) exclusively. Interestingly, though, the Cowboys have been a weak play for corners over the past month. Nice PD stats, but tackle stats are lacking (nobody over 4 solos) in the past three weeks although they'd been better before that.I'll revert to my playoff mantra. Go with Hall if you need big points and the risk a bad week doesn't hurt, Considine if you need an average week as the solid favorite.

PLAYOFF TIME!!! Please see scoring in signature below.

Question 1 - start Will Demps (vs. PHI) or Thomas Davis (vs. PIT)?

I think Davis will be offered many more solo tackle opportunities against FWP, but he has "disappeared" in some games vs. run-oriented teams (3 solos/1 assist @ BAL; 5 solos vs. DAL), which concerns me. Against teams that have had to throw the ball a ton, including RB's out of the backfield, he's kicked butt (9 solos/1 assist /1.5 sacks vs. STL where SJAX only rushed the ball 7 times for 27 yds, but caught 7 passes for 30 yds).

Demps has been very consistent the past 4 weeks in tackles (averaged 7 solos/2 assists/ and had an INT) and offers a better opportunity for an INT. However, against PHI in Week 2, he only realized 4 solo tackles.

Question 2 - start Cato June (vs. CIN) or Daryl Smith @ TEN?

I feel very solid starting Urlacher, Edwards, and A Davis (encouraged by thread in IDP Forum!), and would entertain Dansby, but he's just as capable of putting up a goose egg as he is the game he did last week, and I need dependable output this week.

June on MNF in a huge game vs. CIN where, if M Lewis has any brains at all, will rush Rudi Johnson 50 times (a la JAX last week and TEN the week before), seems to be the logical choice, as he'll have a ton of tackle opportunities.

However, against a TEN team that averages 31 rushes per game (Henry, VY, and company), Smith should see a lot of action, as well. My concern is that last week's 7 solo/1 asst/1 sack game is an aberation, compared to the 3 previous games, where he averaged 3 solos and 2 assists.

As always, I appreciate your input and CHEERS! :moneybag:
I think you're on the right track with Davis' matchups. The Baltimore performance isn't as bad as it looks -- Davis got dinged early with a hip injury and the Ravens didn't run the ball much anyway. No easy explanation for the Dallas game other than it was his first game back from the same injury. Demps has been tearing it up since the Giants started struggling to find a healthy option at WLB. Brandon Short is back, but he hasn't done anything in the past two weeks. I think both matchups are reasonable and don't see a clear option here. I think I'd play Davis for no other reason than I'd rather have the three down backer than the FS behind Pierce and next to Wilson. But if your gut tells you Demps, go with it.If you want dependable, I think you go June for the reasons you mentioned.

I like your analysis this week. Close decisions are always tough.

Thanks for the input Jene. I actually do mean start 8. It is a very tough 16 team league.

Sean Taylor (Starting)

Ed Reed (Starting)

Jermaine Phillips (Starting)

Adrian Wilson (Starting)

Danieal Manning (Starting)

Madieu Williams (Starting)

Sean Considine (Starting)

Deangelo Hall (?)

Chris Harris (?)

Troy Polamalu - Out for this week

Two weeks ago Harris put up a monster game and I would hate to miss out on another one this week. Although as noted Todd Johnson is likely to be available this week and I don't know what the Bears are thinking. I guess my real decision is between Hall and Harris. I have to decide by 6:00 PM tomorrow because the Falcons play the Saturday game.

My scoring system:

12 pts - tackle

6 pts - assist

20 pts - INT

20 pts - fumble recovery

20 pts - sack (+1 pt / yard)

1 pt - per yard for int and fumble returns

6 pt - TD

Since we get 1 pt per yard returned that makes D. Hall a huge scorer if he happens to return a 60 or 80 yard int.

Renegades of Funk said:
Thanks for the input Jene. I actually do mean start 8. It is a very tough 16 team league.Sean Taylor (Starting)Ed Reed (Starting)Jermaine Phillips (Starting)Adrian Wilson (Starting)Danieal Manning (Starting)Madieu Williams (Starting)Sean Considine (Starting)Deangelo Hall (?)Chris Harris (?)Troy Polamalu - Out for this weekTwo weeks ago Harris put up a monster game and I would hate to miss out on another one this week. Although as noted Todd Johnson is likely to be available this week and I don't know what the Bears are thinking. I guess my real decision is between Hall and Harris. I have to decide by 6:00 PM tomorrow because the Falcons play the Saturday game.My scoring system: 12 pts - tackle6 pts - assist20 pts - INT20 pts - fumble recovery20 pts - sack (+1 pt / yard)1 pt - per yard for int and fumble returns6 pt - TDSince we get 1 pt per yard returned that makes D. Hall a huge scorer if he happens to return a 60 or 80 yard int.
If this was the FFA, I'd post the :banned: smilie and move on. :P 16x8 = 128 DBs32X4 = 128 DBsYou guys start the equivalent of every starter in the league. That's more than "very tough". No such thing as a waiver wire I'd imagine. And how in the world do you get six top twenty players at one position?Anyway, start Hall. I can't find any note detailing the Bears plan at SS but one of beat writers noted the Chris Harris wasn't where he was supposed to be more than once in coverage against the Rams. Sounds like a situation to be avoided, especially with the added big play value for Hall.

Hi Jene, your thoughts are allways appreciated! BTW that was a great write-up on the 3-4 defense in another thread.

Got a few for you:

Scoring: solo 2, asst 1, sack 4, int 4, ff & fr 3, pd 1

DL

Currently starting Brian Thomas, Adewale Ogunlye, Tamba Hali

Players available: (I'm concerned about Ogunlye and Hali)

Trevor Pryce vs Cle-He's become my first choice after Thomas

Luis Castillo vs KC-

Warren Sapp vs StL-

Matt Roth @ Buf- He's been $ when he plays...or gets stats

Mathias Kiwanuka vs Phil-

Grady Jackson vs Dal-Blast from the past that looked great wks 12 & 13

LB

Starting Shelton Quarles, Jeremiah Trotter, Gary Bracket, Adalius Thomas

Players available: (I've got serious concerns about Thomas, then Bracket)

Morlon Greenwood-Can he keep it up against NE? I like him over A.T.

Daryl Smith @ Ten-he's no Mike Peterson, at least not yet

Nick Barnett vs Det- ho-hum

Karlos Dansby vs Den- up and down like a yo-yo

Rashad Jeanty vs Cin- longshot? Simmons et al available also

DB

Starting Keith Lewis, Ken Hamlin, Gibril Wilson, Jermaine Phillips

Players available: (Phillips makes me nervous (so does Hamlin but...))

Simple: Sean Considine @ NYG or Phillips @ Chi?

Thx a load!

JAM

Hi Jene, your thoughts are allways appreciated! BTW that was a great write-up on the 3-4 defense in another thread.Got a few for you:Scoring: solo 2, asst 1, sack 4, int 4, ff & fr 3, pd 1DLCurrently starting Brian Thomas, Adewale Ogunlye, Tamba HaliPlayers available: (I'm concerned about Ogunlye and Hali)Trevor Pryce vs Cle-He's become my first choice after ThomasLuis Castillo vs KC-Warren Sapp vs StL- Matt Roth @ Buf- He's been $ when he plays...or gets statsMathias Kiwanuka vs Phil-Grady Jackson vs Dal-Blast from the past that looked great wks 12 & 13LBStarting Shelton Quarles, Jeremiah Trotter, Gary Bracket, Adalius ThomasPlayers available: (I've got serious concerns about Thomas, then Bracket)Morlon Greenwood-Can he keep it up against NE? I like him over A.T.Daryl Smith @ Ten-he's no Mike Peterson, at least not yetNick Barnett vs Det- ho-humKarlos Dansby vs Den- up and down like a yo-yoRashad Jeanty vs Cin- longshot? Simmons et al available alsoDBStarting Keith Lewis, Ken Hamlin, Gibril Wilson, Jermaine Phillips Players available: (Phillips makes me nervous (so does Hamlin but...))Simple: Sean Considine @ NYG or Phillips @ Chi?Thx a load!JAM
Ogunleye should be a fine play at home against TB. Hali is a pretty good play in a tackle heavy league against LT this week, but Pryce has got the big upside. I've been trying to get hold of him in every league I've got a questionable matchup in this week. Hali is the safer play if that's what you need -- he's the more consistent tackler.At LB, I like your thoughts. AT is a tough play in this scoring system at times but he's a pretty good bet for a sack this week and a reasonable play if you think you'll be playing catchup. Otherwise I think I go with the tackle guys (Greenwood and Brackett). If you're leery of this silliness about Morris and Brackett, I'd take Daryl Smith at LB4.Horse is out of the barn with Hamlin. I'm not a Phillips fan myself but this is a decent matchup for him. But the Giants matchup has been just as good over the past three weeks and is probably good whether the Eagles are ahead (plenty of rushes against a pretty poor front seven) or behind (plenty of deep passes and underneath stuff to Tiki and Shockey). I'm biased against Phillips and would probably take Considine but the value of both is very game situation dependent. Take your best guess at how you think the game will go and take your chances.

Doo said:
Two questions, make it very short. Zealots league.Bruschi vs. Texans or Landon Johnson vs. Colts2nd question: Yeremiah Bell vs. Bills or O. Atogwe vs. Raiders.Currently leaning towards Bruschi/Bell.
Tough call at LB. Bruschi is playing RILB still which doesn't bode well for his value but LBs have been a much better play than you'd think against the Texans, particularly the weak side backers. But Johnson has his biggest games when the Bengals play a lot of nickel. I lean slightly toward Bruschi with his big play potential -- the Texans OL isn't afraid to ignore a blitzing linebacker. Bell is a much better play than Atogwe this week. The Raiders have been a terrible matchup for safeties all season long.

Pick 4, tackle =1, asst=.5, sack=3, int, fum rec=4, ff=2, pd=1

Davis, Thomas CAR LB vs Steelers Sun 12:00 p.m. CT R: 14, P:8

Hayes, Gerald ARI LB vs Broncos Sun 3:05 p.m. CT R: 5, P:27

Howard, Thomas OAK LB ® vs Rams Sun 3:15 p.m. CT R: 25, P:5

Phillips, Shaun SDC LB vs Chiefs Sun 7:15 p.m. CT R: 7, P:19 Questionable

Smith, Daryl JAC LB at Titans Sun 12:00 p.m. CT R: 4, P:28 Probable

Vilma, Jonathan NYJ LB at Vikings Sun 12:00 p.m. CT R: 11, P:16

Witherspoon, Will STL LB at Raiders Sun 3:15 p.m. CT R: 28, P:31

Not really an underdog, but I really need my D to show up this week, and I have been leaving too many points on the bench.

thanks!

Pick 2 safeties to start:

Brian Dawkins

Michael Huff

Brodney Pool

Roy Williams

Glenn Earl

CC Brown

.2 per tackle, 1.0 per sack, 1.5 per INT

Pick 4, tackle =1, asst=.5, sack=3, int, fum rec=4, ff=2, pd=1Davis, Thomas CAR LB vs Steelers Sun 12:00 p.m. CT R: 14, P:8 Hayes, Gerald ARI LB vs Broncos Sun 3:05 p.m. CT R: 5, P:27 Howard, Thomas OAK LB ® vs Rams Sun 3:15 p.m. CT R: 25, P:5 Phillips, Shaun SDC LB vs Chiefs Sun 7:15 p.m. CT R: 7, P:19 Questionable Smith, Daryl JAC LB at Titans Sun 12:00 p.m. CT R: 4, P:28 Probable Vilma, Jonathan NYJ LB at Vikings Sun 12:00 p.m. CT R: 11, P:16 Witherspoon, Will STL LB at Raiders Sun 3:15 p.m. CT R: 28, P:31 Not really an underdog, but I really need my D to show up this week, and I have been leaving too many points on the bench.thanks!
Will Witherspoon is an every week starter and the matchup against the Raiders is better than it appears. I'd think I'd start both Hayes and Smith this week. Both have above average matchups and should probably outscore their fellow OLB. Vilma has been too inconsistent and plays in a stadium that has been stingy with stats all year. He may be the better play but I think I'd play Howard instead unless you like the extra big play value of Shaun Phillips.

Pick 2 safeties to start:Brian DawkinsMichael HuffBrodney PoolRoy WilliamsGlenn EarlCC Brown.2 per tackle, 1.0 per sack, 1.5 per INT
Dawkins starts.The rest are hard to handicap but I think I'd play Williams as the only legitimate big play threat of them. Earl (and maybe Huff) may be a slight favorite to outtackle Williams and Vick doesn't throw many picks, but the 7.5x tackle per INT is too much value to pass up.

1.5tack, .75assist, 5int, 4sack, 3ff, 2fr, 1passdefend, 1per10 return yards

Should I start Shaun Williams over

T. Mcgee (questionable)

or B. Dawkins - low projections

Start 1:

Brian Simmons

Keyaron Fox

Start 2:

Tyrone Carter

Antoine Bethea

Chris Harris

2 pts per tackle. 1 pt. for an assist. 4 pts per sack...

1.5tack, .75assist, 5int, 4sack, 3ff, 2fr, 1passdefend, 1per10 return yardsShould I start Shaun Williams overT. Mcgee (questionable)or B. Dawkins - low projections
I like Dawkins more than Norton this week; I think there'll be plenty of opportunity for the Eagle safeties today. Still, Williams' matchup is a little better.I don't have any idea how you can confirm that McGee returns kicks today and I don't know how valuable those points are (sounds like they really boost his stats) to take the risk that he plays but doesn't return kicks.I'd play Williams narrowly over Dawkins. You know the value of McGee better than I. From what I can tell, it's reasonable to expect to him to return kicks if he's healthy enough to play.

Start 1:Brian Simmons Keyaron FoxStart 2:Tyrone CarterAntoine BetheaChris Harris2 pts per tackle. 1 pt. for an assist. 4 pts per sack...
I'd start Simmons since Fox hasn't been named the starter yet and may rotate with Kendrell Bell and come off the field in nickel packages. He's worth watching closely tonight for the future but he's probably too risky to start.Tyrone Carter has to play. The other two have big issues. Bethea sounded much less likely to play this morning than yesterday based on the local news reports and there's still no word on what will happen at FS with Todd Johnson back and practicing today. Bethea would be the much better play but I think you probably have to go with the healthy player in Harris, with the knowledge that he may not play much at all either.

Hi Coach,

First week of the playoffs and I'm back again for the fourth straight week (I don't want to break tradition and jinx myself). We put up a very respectable 27 pts. last week and hopefully Santa can bring us even more this week.

I need to start three.

Gerald Hayes

Bart Scott

Jeremiah Trotter

Landon Johnson

Chris Hope

Scoring: 1pt/Tackle, 1pt/Asst, 3pts/Sack, 5pts/INT, 6pts/TD.

On a side note Deuce McCallister or Sammie Morris?

I appreciate your time.

Merry Christmas.

TeamBryan

:unsure:

Hi Coach,First week of the playoffs and I'm back again for the fourth straight week (I don't want to break tradition and jinx myself). We put up a very respectable 27 pts. last week and hopefully Santa can bring us even more this week.I need to start three.Gerald HayesBart ScottJeremiah TrotterLandon JohnsonChris HopeScoring: 1pt/Tackle, 1pt/Asst, 3pts/Sack, 5pts/INT, 6pts/TD.On a side note Deuce McCallister or Sammie Morris?I appreciate your time.Merry Christmas.TeamBryan :football:
I think I'd play Morris. I think there's a higher risk that McCallister gets 12 carries than Morris.You've got much tougher decisions this week on defense. All of these matchups look good. I think I'd go with the two guys who have the most big play potential -- Scott and Hope -- and then take Trotter, who's the safest tackler of the bunch. I like Hayes and Johnson this week but like the upside of Scott and Hope just a little more. If you're a favorite this week and value points over risk -- play Hayes over Scott. It's possible this could be one of Scott's 3-0-0 games if he doesn't get to the QB. Best of luck.

Ok I have Brackett and theres is speculation that he might get benched.... Now I have Kameron Wimbley and Scott Fujita on my bench.. Which do I start.... My league awards 1 point per tackle... 7 sack 15 int 25 td and 10 tackle bonus at 5 and 2 sack bonus at 5,,,,,

Ok I have Brackett and theres is speculation that he might get benched.... Now I have Kameron Wimbley and Scott Fujita on my bench.. Which do I start.... My league awards 1 point per tackle... 7 sack 15 int 25 td and 10 tackle bonus at 5 and 2 sack bonus at 5,,,,,
Brackett won't be benched. The Colt beat writer clarified the LB situation this morning. Morris took snaps at SLB all week. He's safe to play and should be a better start than Wimbley, who isn't a very safe bet for a sack this week.

Ok I need another week of IDP help. I have good players but have been struggling putting up points. I get burned one week and my bench guy goes off, etc.

Scoring:

1 pt Tk,

.5 pt ### tk

4 pt sacks

4 pt INT

3 pt FF

4 pt FR

1 pt PaDef

I need to start 3 IDPs:

1. Urlacher (must start I believe)

2. Ad Thomas

3. Cato June

4. T. Suggs

Right now I have urlacher, ADT, & T. Suggs.

I need the big sacks this week as I'm going up against J. Taylor and Peppers. So I need some big plays. Is it stupid to start 2 Ravens?? Thanks.

Ok I need another week of IDP help. I have good players but have been struggling putting up points. I get burned one week and my bench guy goes off, etc.Scoring: 1 pt Tk, .5 pt ### tk4 pt sacks4 pt INT3 pt FF4 pt FR1 pt PaDefI need to start 3 IDPs:1. Urlacher (must start I believe)2. Ad Thomas 3. Cato June 4. T. SuggsRight now I have urlacher, ADT, & T. Suggs.I need the big sacks this week as I'm going up against J. Taylor and Peppers. So I need some big plays. Is it stupid to start 2 Ravens?? Thanks.
No. If you think you're a sizable underdog, I go with the big potential. In your scoring system that's Thomas and Suggs (with Urlacher). June could get plenty of tackles this week, though, so if you think the matchup is close, I'd start him over Suggs and avoid the 1-0-0 risk from Suggs.

Madieu Williams or Jonathan Joseph?

Pick 1 MON NIGHT,

MONDAY NIGHT MAGIC! Options

10pts =TD

5pts =INT,SACK

3pts =FUM REC

1pt =Tackle,PD,FF

My opponent has brackett ,mathis and Peyton Manning

I have Henry ,Viniateri and 1 db either Williams or Joseph?

Obviousily I need as many points as possible who has the better chance for a big play?

Williams is due although the Colts don't give up many points to DB

does Manning try to pick on Joseph thus better chance for tackles and a pick?

Thanks

by the way as of now I have Joseph in their now

cascaa said:
Madieu Williams or Jonathan Joseph? Pick 1 MON NIGHT, MONDAY NIGHT MAGIC! Options 10pts =TD5pts =INT,SACK3pts =FUM REC1pt =Tackle,PD,FFMy opponent has brackett ,mathis and Peyton ManningI have Henry ,Viniateri and 1 db either Williams or Joseph?Obviousily I need as many points as possible who has the better chance for a big play?Williams is due although the Colts don't give up many points to DBdoes Manning try to pick on Joseph thus better chance for tackles and a pick?Thanks by the way as of now I have Joseph in their now
I agree. Hopefully Joseph holds onto a pick or two tonight.

First off, thanks for the assistance this year. I received a few tips that got me to the semi's of my 16 team combo dynasty league. Toward the end I finally started understanding what to look for in matchups and was able to progress on my on so not to clog the board. Unfortunately, my offense and defense took the same week off in round 2 and I am left with a 3rd place game (which is ok considering this was my first go round in this format).

I am looking to get a jump start on next year and looking to see who I should keep, who has trade value (and should be traded) and who I will probably have to cut bait on (it's a contract league but I am well under the cap and can afford the hit). From this, I can determine my draft strategy. Scoring is :

2 pts/tackle, 1/assist, 4/sack, 2/pass defended, 5/int and 3/forced or recovered fumble. My IDP roster is (with 3 starters/week in each area)

DL - Alex Brown (Chi), Ryan Pickett (GB), Darren Howard (Phil), Shaun Rogers (Det), Luis Castillo (SD), Ray Edwards (Minn) and Hollis Thomas (NO) - need some solid ends here

LB - Nick Barnett (GB), Kawika Mitchell (KC), Abdul Hodge (GB), Omar Gaither (Phil), Thomas Howard (Oak) and David Thornton (Tenn) - incosistency led to me starting the wrong player often. Too "matchup based"

DB - Dunta Robinson (Hou), Ken Lucas (Car), Terence Newman (Dal), Jimmy Williams (Atl), John Lynch (Den), Marquand Manuel (GB), Daniel Bullocks (Det) - YUCK. I hear DB's are the easiest upgrade, I hope so

Thanks again on this topic. On a side note, I would like to hear some feedback on the subscriber content from an IDP perspective.

First off, thanks for the assistance this year. I received a few tips that got me to the semi's of my 16 team combo dynasty league. Toward the end I finally started understanding what to look for in matchups and was able to progress on my on so not to clog the board. Unfortunately, my offense and defense took the same week off in round 2 and I am left with a 3rd place game (which is ok considering this was my first go round in this format). I am looking to get a jump start on next year and looking to see who I should keep, who has trade value (and should be traded) and who I will probably have to cut bait on (it's a contract league but I am well under the cap and can afford the hit). From this, I can determine my draft strategy. Scoring is : 2 pts/tackle, 1/assist, 4/sack, 2/pass defended, 5/int and 3/forced or recovered fumble. My IDP roster is (with 3 starters/week in each area)DL - Alex Brown (Chi), Ryan Pickett (GB), Darren Howard (Phil), Shaun Rogers (Det), Luis Castillo (SD), Ray Edwards (Minn) and Hollis Thomas (NO) - need some solid ends hereLB - Nick Barnett (GB), Kawika Mitchell (KC), Abdul Hodge (GB), Omar Gaither (Phil), Thomas Howard (Oak) and David Thornton (Tenn) - incosistency led to me starting the wrong player often. Too "matchup based"DB - Dunta Robinson (Hou), Ken Lucas (Car), Terence Newman (Dal), Jimmy Williams (Atl), John Lynch (Den), Marquand Manuel (GB), Daniel Bullocks (Det) - YUCK. I hear DB's are the easiest upgrade, I hope soThanks again on this topic. On a side note, I would like to hear some feedback on the subscriber content from an IDP perspective.
Much will change in the offseason after free agency and the draft so it's hard to get a great read on some of these guys but it's still worth looking to see if you can get an edge somewhere.I'd plan to hold Brown, Howard, Castillo, and Edwards right now, although none are untouchable in the right situation. Pickett and Thomas are above average interior linemen, but they aren't what you're looking for in your scoring situation. If you can find a taker who thinks Shaun Rogers has some upside when he returns to full health, sell. He's likely moving to NT next year and falls into the same category as Pickett and Thomas.Same with your linebackers. I doubt you'll find anyone willing to overvalue David Thornton, but he's the most obvious player who could be overvalued. The rest probably stick around simply because, with the exception of Howard, every one could be in a slightly different situation next year.I agree with the yuck at DB. I lean toward holding the talent and hope it shows up in the boxscore -- Williams and Bullocks. There's a shot that Williams plays safety next year and gives him more consistent value in your system.You've made the playoffs with this crew which suggests your offense is solid. If your league is active before June/July, you'll have to make a decision now on whether you feel you're a contender or not. I'm a big advocate of not messing around. If it's time to rebuild, get going. Sell the non-stud potential for any spare part and high potential. Alex Brown, Nick Barnett, Kawika Mitchell, David Thornton, Dunta Robinson and the like aren't likely to give you a competitive advantage at their position. You want studs or potential studs. Quantity for quality is tough to pull off but a big upside guy like Stephen Cooper or Roman Harper you might get for an established vet. Look to upgrade one spot at a time by trade, FA, draft pick. Who cares if your lowel level starters aren't any good if your window is 2007 or 2008. If your still within a competitive window, putting together a solid defense is doable in one season unless you're in a very deep or very competitive league. Even then, it's doable. I was able to add DeMeco Ryans, Gerald Hayes, EJ Henderson, Brandon Moore, Yeremiah Bell, Sean Considine, Keith Lewis to a very good team while stashing Stephen Cooper, Michael Lewis, and Jarrad Page on a 32 man roster in an established competitive league (although only 12 team) this year. And you've got plenty of spare parts you can move in and out to get at better talent.I have no idea what our business model is moving forward, but traditionally our content has been free through July. Most of us are active on the boards year round and most will attest the boards get better in the offseason. If you weren't with us until July, you may have missed a bunch of great pre and post draft discussion, full reports on at least 12 IDPs per team, about 50 free "face-offs" where two staffers argued the upside and downside of some controversial players and situation.My two cents on our content is that it is very, very good. Take a look at the pre-season content, the IDP team interview in the Interview forum, a couple of the early pre-season articles and a few of the face-offs. The in-season content is very similar to that. Norton has been the authority on IDP since the early 1990s. Others cut their teeth over years of IDP play and quality content posted on the boards. Bloom has the added value of being an established success in evaluating college talent and how they'll project in both the NFL and IDP worlds.Clearly, though, I'm not unbiased.I'm not sure many of the vets/subscribers will visit this thread this time of year. You might get some better feedback on our content in the main forum.

First off, thanks for the assistance this year. I received a few tips that got me to the semi's of my 16 team combo dynasty league. Toward the end I finally started understanding what to look for in matchups and was able to progress on my on so not to clog the board. Unfortunately, my offense and defense took the same week off in round 2 and I am left with a 3rd place game (which is ok considering this was my first go round in this format). I am looking to get a jump start on next year and looking to see who I should keep, who has trade value (and should be traded) and who I will probably have to cut bait on (it's a contract league but I am well under the cap and can afford the hit). From this, I can determine my draft strategy. Scoring is : 2 pts/tackle, 1/assist, 4/sack, 2/pass defended, 5/int and 3/forced or recovered fumble. My IDP roster is (with 3 starters/week in each area)DL - Alex Brown (Chi), Ryan Pickett (GB), Darren Howard (Phil), Shaun Rogers (Det), Luis Castillo (SD), Ray Edwards (Minn) and Hollis Thomas (NO) - need some solid ends hereLB - Nick Barnett (GB), Kawika Mitchell (KC), Abdul Hodge (GB), Omar Gaither (Phil), Thomas Howard (Oak) and David Thornton (Tenn) - incosistency led to me starting the wrong player often. Too "matchup based"DB - Dunta Robinson (Hou), Ken Lucas (Car), Terence Newman (Dal), Jimmy Williams (Atl), John Lynch (Den), Marquand Manuel (GB), Daniel Bullocks (Det) - YUCK. I hear DB's are the easiest upgrade, I hope soThanks again on this topic. On a side note, I would like to hear some feedback on the subscriber content from an IDP perspective.
Much will change in the offseason after free agency and the draft so it's hard to get a great read on some of these guys but it's still worth looking to see if you can get an edge somewhere.I'd plan to hold Brown, Howard, Castillo, and Edwards right now, although none are untouchable in the right situation. Pickett and Thomas are above average interior linemen, but they aren't what you're looking for in your scoring situation. If you can find a taker who thinks Shaun Rogers has some upside when he returns to full health, sell. He's likely moving to NT next year and falls into the same category as Pickett and Thomas.Same with your linebackers. I doubt you'll find anyone willing to overvalue David Thornton, but he's the most obvious player who could be overvalued. The rest probably stick around simply because, with the exception of Howard, every one could be in a slightly different situation next year.I agree with the yuck at DB. I lean toward holding the talent and hope it shows up in the boxscore -- Williams and Bullocks. There's a shot that Williams plays safety next year and gives him more consistent value in your system.You've made the playoffs with this crew which suggests your offense is solid.
Thank you again. Great insight as usual. Yes, I am solid on offense (Palmer, SJax, Bush, McGahee, Driver, Reg. Brown, Dev Henderson, Jennings, Brandon Marshall, Watson and Sheffler are the core and it's a PPR league). The Gerald Hayes owner is interested in McGahee and my first move will be to figure out how we can get a deal done.

Big decision to make in week #16. Gibril Wilson or Brian Dawkins. Standard scoring. The strength of schedule updated after week #14 shows that the Saints are a better matchup for Gibril (34.2) than the Cowboys for Dawkins (32.5). However, there are a few factors to consider:

1. The SOS is for DBs, not just for safeties. Looking at safeties only and how many points they scored against the Saints and Cowboys, I don't see a major difference. The Saints matchup appears as better due to one outlier: the Saints-Bengals game where Kaesviharn and Madieu Williams both had a big game.

2. The Cowboys give up slightly fewer points to safeties since Romo is the QB.

3. Dawkins has been scoring more since McNabb is out.

4. Dawkins has been scoring more since M Lewis is on the bench.

I am leaning towards Dawkins because he's hot and I believe the McNabb/MLewis changes have more impact than Gibril having MAYBE a slightly better matchup. However, Gibril has not been a turd recently either...

Tough decision.

Help!

Islander said:
Big decision to make in week #16. Gibril Wilson or Brian Dawkins. Standard scoring. The strength of schedule updated after week #14 shows that the Saints are a better matchup for Gibril (34.2) than the Cowboys for Dawkins (32.5). However, there are a few factors to consider:1. The SOS is for DBs, not just for safeties. Looking at safeties only and how many points they scored against the Saints and Cowboys, I don't see a major difference. The Saints matchup appears as better due to one outlier: the Saints-Bengals game where Kaesviharn and Madieu Williams both had a big game. 2. The Cowboys give up slightly fewer points to safeties since Romo is the QB.3. Dawkins has been scoring more since McNabb is out.4. Dawkins has been scoring more since M Lewis is on the bench. I am leaning towards Dawkins because he's hot and I believe the McNabb/MLewis changes have more impact than Gibril having MAYBE a slightly better matchup. However, Gibril has not been a turd recently either...Tough decision.Help!
I assume this is a playoff game. I'd go with Gibril Wilson, because I never like to lose a playoff game with my better player on the bench.

Islander said:
Big decision to make in week #16. Gibril Wilson or Brian Dawkins. Standard scoring. The strength of schedule updated after week #14 shows that the Saints are a better matchup for Gibril (34.2) than the Cowboys for Dawkins (32.5). However, there are a few factors to consider:1. The SOS is for DBs, not just for safeties. Looking at safeties only and how many points they scored against the Saints and Cowboys, I don't see a major difference. The Saints matchup appears as better due to one outlier: the Saints-Bengals game where Kaesviharn and Madieu Williams both had a big game. 2. The Cowboys give up slightly fewer points to safeties since Romo is the QB.3. Dawkins has been scoring more since McNabb is out.4. Dawkins has been scoring more since M Lewis is on the bench. I am leaning towards Dawkins because he's hot and I believe the McNabb/MLewis changes have more impact than Gibril having MAYBE a slightly better matchup. However, Gibril has not been a turd recently either...Tough decision.Help!
I agree with your analysis except I'd lean toward the better matchup and start Wilson unless you have a strong feeling that Dawkins is a bigger big play threat (which is debatable).

Users who are viewing this thread