What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

:MERGED: *** Sean Salisbury Thread *** (1 Viewer)

dotman

Footballguy
They are talking about the Wonderlic Test, and they have sample questions.

1st one - "A boy is 17 and his sister is twice his age. When the boy is 23, how old will his sister be?"

Salisbury - "46!" :thumbup:

Suzy Kolber - "Very good" :thumbup:

Anyone else catch it? I know it's no big deal but I thought it was funny.

I got the impression that he was joking. They were just talking about how they place very little value on the test and only if a player scores a 2 or something like that would it mean something.

I got the impression that he was joking. They were just talking about how they place very little value on the test and only if a player scores a 2 or something like that would it mean something.
Even then it might not be applicable.Javon Walker scored a 6 and many were woriied that he wouldn't be able to pick-up a complicated offense like the west coast. It turned out he has some type of learning/reading disability (?) and obvioulsy he has done just fine on the field.Aside from QB or offensive line I wouldn't put much stock in the Wonderlic.

He answered the next 2 correctly :confused:

SORRY JUST SAW THIS POSTED! Please delete post.

Did anyone just watch him on NFL live? They were talking about the combine and the Wonderlic test, and how overrated it is, and then they gave a few sample questions. Here is the first one:

If a boy is 17 years old, and his sister is twice his age, how old will the sister be when he is 23?

Salisbury- "46!"

The next question was a simple multiplication question, what is 21 x 4? Which he got right, and the third question was which month is the 9th month of the year. He also got this one right but said it was because he was born in September.

He then concluded that he got all three right, but look what good that did him in pro football.

Now while I don't think that these tests mean everything, I find it funny that he scored 2 out of three on some VERY easy questions, and didn't even realize that he had missed the first one and said pretty much "see how smart I am, and it doesn't even matter." Maybe if he would have realized the answer to question number 1 is actually 40 he might have had a better career! :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Even then it might not be applicable.Javon Walker scored a 6 and many were woriied that he wouldn't be able to pick-up a complicated offense like the west coast. It turned out he has some type of learning/reading disability (?) and obvioulsy he has done just fine on the field.Aside from QB or offensive line I wouldn't put much stock in the Wonderlic.
I agree. Plus, they touched upon this on the show by saying that some players don't read as well as others and some aren't as good at test taking as others, so they don't think much of the test but they do think it would be more relevent if it was an oral test and not written.

I don't even have the heart to call :honda: on this one...the first post is the 2nd one on the page...

:thumbup:

He might be stupid, but he's probably making a half a million a year to do a job we'd all kill for.

You're posting on a message board about him.

Advantage: Salisbury

He might be stupid, but he's probably making a half a million a year to do a job we'd all kill for.You're posting on a message board about him.Advantage: Salisbury
Understanding the money he gets for his job, would you switch lives to "be Salisbury" ?I sure wouldnt (and my life sucks)

Even then it might not be applicable.Javon Walker scored a 6 and many were woriied that he wouldn't be able to pick-up a complicated offense like the west coast. It turned out he has some type of learning/reading disability (?) and obvioulsy he has done just fine on the field.

Aside from QB or offensive line I wouldn't put much stock in the Wonderlic.
Yeah, but to be fair, that hub-bub about VY's low Wonderlic score has proven to be justified. Er, wait. . . :thumbdown:

Even then it might not be applicable.Javon Walker scored a 6 and many were woriied that he wouldn't be able to pick-up a complicated offense like the west coast. It turned out he has some type of learning/reading disability (?) and obvioulsy he has done just fine on the field.

Aside from QB or offensive line I wouldn't put much stock in the Wonderlic.
Yeah, but to be fair, that hub-bub about VY's low Wonderlic score has proven to be justified. Er, wait. . . :thumbup:
Fair point. Most didn't question Vince Young's athleticism or playmaking ability, but quite a few questioned his ability to beat a defense in the pocket. The biggest knock on Young entering the draft was his ability to read defenses and make his progressions in the NFL...and his Wonderlic score didn't help silence those critics.Young played extremely well in his rookie season but he didn't make as many plays in the passing game as he will have to do in the future if the Titans hope to make a run at a championship. Mike Vick has done many of the same things Vince did, but he has yet to make the next step.

Maybe Vince will finish what Vick never could. Maybe Vince Young will silence the critics who questioned his head (partially due to his Wonderlic score). Maybe he won't. If Young rests on his rookie year as much as some of his backers have he'll end up as the next Vick instead of the next QB to win a championship in college and the NFL. His Wonderlic score makes me question him more than I would otherwise...then again I thought the Titans should have taken Leinart. :wub:

The Wonderlic is a tool. By itself it's value is diminished. But when combined with other data such as combine interviews, game tape and workout results, it gives NFL owners, GM's and coaches an idea of who they are drafting.

It's important to remember that it's just 1 tool that's used to evaluate the potential of an NFL prospect.

The Wonderlic is a tool. By itself it's value is diminished. But when combined with other data such as combine interviews, game tape and workout results, it gives NFL owners, GM's and coaches an idea of who they are drafting.It's important to remember that it's just 1 tool that's used to evaluate the potential of an NFL prospect.
Come on, lets not bring common sense in this otherwise entertaining discussion. We shouldn't let sound judgments get in the way of tomfoolery :lmao:

I agree. Plus, they touched upon this on the show by saying that some players don't read as well as others and some aren't as good at test taking as others, so they don't think much of the test but they do think it would be more relevent if it was an oral test and not written.
I'm sure there would be complaints about oral too. Curse you synonyms!!! I'ld to like to request a question reader with a deep southern accent. Or Soledad O'Brien . I only understand her.

And most of these guys went to college at major universities.... Doesn't say much about the American education system does it?There I did it. I interjected with my high horse opinion. Now back to our regularly scheduled program.....FOOTBALL!!

They are talking about the Wonderlic Test, and they have sample questions. 1st one - "A boy is 17 and his sister is twice his age. When the boy is 23, how old will his sister be?"Salisbury - "46!" :lmao: Suzy Kolber - "Very good" :lmao: Anyone else catch it? I know it's no big deal but I thought it was funny.
Wow they're both stupid!
How quickly we forget. It took Javon Walker over two years to pickup the GB offense. People forget he started the year as the #3 WR the year of his so called brake out year. His first two seasons he sucked and this was because he had a problem picking up the system not lack of talent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sean Salisbury is a joke.

He's removed any ounce of doubt that he's an idiot with his failure of a sportsradio show in Chicago.

He said he was moving here, and almost a year later, he's commuting from his home in Dallas through Chicago to Bristol.

He is the real life version of "Uncle Rico" from Napoleon Dynamite.

Sean Salisbury is a joke.He's removed any ounce of doubt that he's an idiot with his failure of a sportsradio show in Chicago.He said he was moving here, and almost a year later, he's commuting from his home in Dallas through Chicago to Bristol.He is the real life version of "Uncle Rico" from Napoleon Dynamite.
[Kip]That's what I'm talking about.[/Kip]

Users who are viewing this thread