Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
shadyridr

What would happen if I fought a featherweight boxer?

The post above was me trying to find some real life person that I can compare size to. 12 year old girls seem to be the only thing I can find. I am pretty much convinced that no man this small exists outside of tiny man boxing and horse jockeys.And the flyweights can't knock each other out much less someone they have to jump to hit and is 100 pounds+ bigger.But I've been through this 10 times in this thread already.

But in doing so you completely ignore that the people they are trying to knock out are pro's and you are not. Not to mention that they are boxing wearing heavy gloves. You think without the gloves they'd still go 12?

Dude, he is a world class athlete. You have zero understanding of the mammoth gap between him and you in terms of speed, conditioning and skill. Nobody is giving him super-powers, they're attempting to convey this difference to you.

He feeds his family by beating other world class athletes senseless.

He is a thoroughbred. You are a donkey pulling a cart filled with vegetables.

Who's "he"? Is Balance fighting Paquiao now?

glll

Any one of these 100 gentlemen. And many, many more. He did say he'd give himself good odds with Pac, though. What exactly are "good odds"? I assumed it to mean he would see himself as the favorite.

http://www.iboboxing.com/rankings/126.html

You may want to list the height of said boxers. Actually 126 lbs doesn't fit either. So no, noonne on that list.

Not that anyone seems to be concerned with sticking to the topic, but rather how many examples they can find outside the given boundries.

Edited by Balance

Dude, he is a world class athlete. You have zero understanding of the mammoth gap between him and you in terms of speed, conditioning and skill. Nobody is giving him super-powers, they're attempting to convey this difference to you.

glll

Any one of these 100 gentlemen. And many, many more. He did say he'd give himself good odds with Pac, though. What exactly are "good odds"? I assumed it to mean he would see himself as the favorite.

You may want to list the height of said boxers. Actually 126 lbs doesn't fit either. So no, noonne on that list.

Not that anyone seems to be concerned with sticking to the topic, but rather how many examples they can find outside the given boundries.

Serious question...do you think you could beat a professional boxer/mma fighter who happened to be a midget?

glll

So, you're quibbling over 1 pound? You think that 1 pound is really the difference?

ETA: 6 pounds. okay. http://www.iboboxing.com/rankings/122.html

Edited by SanAntonioHolmes

The post above was me trying to find some real life person that I can compare size to. 12 year old girls seem to be the only thing I can find. I am pretty much convinced that no man this small exists outside of tiny man boxing and horse jockeys.And the flyweights can't knock each other out much less someone they have to jump to hit and is 100 pounds+ bigger.But I've been through this 10 times in this thread already.

But in doing so you completely ignore that the people they are trying to knock out are pro's and you are not. Not to mention that they are boxing wearing heavy gloves. You think without the gloves they'd still go 12?
No, but while we are taking the gloves off lets also take away the ring. Maybe you and I have seen different things, but usually a fight is one or two swings then to the ground.... then broken up.My simple doubt is that a guy this small could hit my head (a foot or more above him), and one shot me when pretty much all I'm trying to do is make sure he doesn't knock me out. On the flip side I also have little doubt that I could throw a guy this tiny around at will if I got a hold of... anything. A sleeve, a hand, wrist, arm... anything.

No, but while we are taking the gloves off lets also take away the ring. Maybe you and I have seen different things, but usually a fight is one or two swings then to the ground.... then broken up.My simple doubt is that a guy this small could hit my head (a foot or more above him), and one shot me when pretty much all I'm trying to do is make sure he doesn't knock me out. On the flip side I also have little doubt that I could throw a guy this tiny around at will if I got a hold of... anything. A sleeve, a hand, wrist, arm... anything.
No trying to be Richard but I have no clue what you are talking about. I know you are qualifying your abilities, which I understand, but I don't get what you mean one or two swings.Are you saying that someone is going to break it up?Are you saying that the fight is in a bar?I guess I just don't understand what you are seeing in your minds eye. Either I stand by the fact that this boxer/mma fighter is going to slaughter you but please explain how you envision it playing out.

glll

So, you're quibbling over 1 pound? You think that 1 pound is really the difference?
No, but it is a simple request I make. When 5 guys want to make up seperate rules for the discussion it gets a little confused (the entire Pacquiao topic is an example).... see the "what if you were 6'3" 280?" reference above.

I can only speak for me, and my claims were 5ft nothing 115-125lbs.

My claims were specifically set. I stand by these well defined parameters.

If you want to go outside of them just understand you are creating a new argument and not arguing anything with regard to the thread topic.

No trying to be Richard but I have no clue what you are talking about. I know you are qualifying your abilities, which I understand, but I don't get what you mean one or two swings.Are you saying that someone is going to break it up?Are you saying that the fight is in a bar?I guess I just don't understand what you are seeing in your minds eye. Either I stand by the fact that this boxer/mma fighter is going to slaughter you but please explain how you envision it playing out.
We can play this game all day long.Are you saying we are in a ring then? So he would have gloves? So what does him not having gloves have to do with this?This is how people start thinking I'm on a macho trip, everyone has a different picture of how this fight goes down.I stated I wouldn't box this guy, so I am not envisioning gloves, and I am not evisioning me being limited to the rules of boxing. Be it a ring, a street, a bar.. same thing for me. A fight. Me trying to walk away having given worse than I got. A perfectly likely thing in my minds eye given the specific size difference.

We can play this game all day long.Are you saying we are in a ring then? So he would have gloves? So what does him not having gloves have to do with this?This is how people start thinking I'm on a macho trip, everyone has a different picture of how this fight goes down.I stated I wouldn't box this guy, so I am not envisioning gloves, and I am not evisioning me being limited to the rules of boxing. Be it a ring, a street, a bar.. same thing for me. A fight. Me trying to walk away having given worse than I got. A perfectly likely thing in my minds eye given the specific size difference.
I'm not limiting you, I'm just not sure what the parameters were when the thread first started.I don't think any of those things matter. Short of you having a baseball or crow bar I don't think you stand a chance regardless of setting. Like I said I just wanted to know what you had in mind.

I'm not limiting you, I'm just not sure what the parameters were when the thread first started.I don't think any of those things matter. Short of you having a baseball or crow bar I don't think you stand a chance regardless of setting. Like I said I just wanted to know what you had in mind.

Fair enough.Once upon a time (2-3 years ago) I was considering taking proninja up on the offer to spar with one of these guys in Seattle. I also took some Ju-Jitsu (waste of time) and looked around some local gyms. Life happened and an actual test of this is highly unlikely at this point... 2 kids and a higher profile job since the start of this thread.So reality is that this will always remain an "uh-huh, nuh-uh! uh-HUH! NUH-UH!" discussion.

I'll be back tomorrow for more piling on!

Good. In this thread you are king. Don't forget that!
No, in this thread bizarro law rules.I have learned that if you are small enough you can become bullet proof. :rolleyes:

He would kill you with a couple of body shots. No need to really go to the head and after a body shot you will be doubled over and your head will be just the right height.

Maybe I missed it...but have you actually been in a real knock down fight in the real world? Cause from what you are saying on here, it doesn't seem like it.

Maybe I missed it...but have you actually been in a real knock down fight in the real world? Cause from what you are saying on here, it doesn't seem like it.

His Dad boxed.

His Dad boxed.
:thumbup: Try to keep up, his dad boxed and he is tall. Oh and at some point he may or may not have been able to dunk a basketball.

His Dad boxed.
:( Try to keep up, his dad boxed and he is tall. Oh and at some point he may or may not have been able to dunk a basketball.
Both posts examples of trying very hard to misrepresent what was said.These are my favorite posts. People getting defensive and passive aggressive over this hypothetical scenario. :lmao:The dad boxing info was simply saying I get it - they are fast and hit hard. Nothing implying boxing skills (though he did teach me some), just that through him I understand boxing more than some seem to think.Me dunking was a response to a guy trying to get a feel for me physically/athletically. Edited by Balance

Yes.

He would kill you with a couple of body shots. No need to really go to the head and after a body shot you will be doubled over and your head will be just the right height.
This is where this thread gets out of control. Been covered. General idea is I think I could keep him away.5 people hop on to every post and take it 5 directions.I'll stop responding to these if they've been covered. Too many late comers to rehash the entire thread.

What type of fight are we talking about? A boxing match, MMA match, or a streetfight?

In my head this would pretty much have to be a streetfight. I'm not a boxer or an mma fighter... so.

This is where this thread gets out of control. Been covered. General idea is I think I could keep him away.5 people hop on to every post and take it 5 directions.I'll stop responding to these if they've been covered. Too many late comers to rehash the entire thread.
:coffee: He would be running circles around you and you wouldn't know where he would be coming from. You under estimate his feet and hand speed by a large margin. :X:jawdrop:

Your size advantage might allow you to beat a scrub fitness-club boxer, but any flyweight who actually draws a paycheck with his fists would not only beat you, but make you look totally foolish as he popped your face at will and eluded all you awkward haymakers.

It would be comical to look at. Your underestimation of the gap between a guy who fights day in and day out and a guy who was in a barfight once is laughable.

It would be a beating so savage and lopsided that your only hope of not suffering permant facial and emotional damage would be if you had a few buddies who noticed how it was going about twenty seconds in and broke it up.

To all the people belaboring the point that being hit by a pro tiny man is radically different:

Have any of you been hit by a pro featherweight/flyweight?

I assume this is how you are able to say these things?

To all the people belaboring the point that being hit by a pro tiny man is radically different:Have any of you been hit by a pro featherweight/flyweight?I assume this is how you are able to say these things?

I have not tried to shoot over Kevin GarnettI have not tried to save a free kick from David BeckhamI have not tried to skate around Zdeno CharaI have not tried to cover Wes WelkerI still think its safe to say what the outcome would be.

What size do you want? Someone 5'6? 5'1?

Withing the parameters of the original discussion.. closer to 5' and 120lb or less.

The MMA tiny guys have been posted... didn't sway me. Also doesn't give me any perspective when tiny guy fights tiny guy.

There is never going to be an instance of a 5'1-5'2 pro fighting a 6' - 6'2 pro. But that isn't the case here, unless, you've recently taken up boxing or mma as a hobby or career. For lack of a better term you are a layman. Your argument, and correct me if I'm wrong, is that your height and weight overcomes the fighter's experience and training.
When the example is me at 6'2 225 versus a 5'1-5'2 115-120 pound guy, this is what I'm saying.

The smallest guys I know in this world dwarf the hypothetical fighter we are talking about.

The average 11-12 year old girl is 5 ft +, this 12 year old girl is at 124 lbs. 12 old girls are taller and bigger than this window we are discussing.

The hardest part about this is that I have to look at 12 year old girls to get an idea of the size I am debating.

:lmao: what are you talking about????

Someone just posted a list of flyweights all of those people are 5'- 5'6 or so. Haven't you watched a flyweight boxing match before?

Either way why does that matter to you? What does it matter if the guy is 5 or 5'6 you are still significantly taller and heavier. If you where 6'4 and 280 you think you could take down a lightweight, middleweight or a welterweight pro?

Obviously you forget Bob Sapp coming on the scene and throwing every other contender around the ring like a rag doll because of his height and weight advantages.

Obviously you forget Bob Sapp coming on the scene and throwing every other contender around the ring like a rag doll because of his height and weight advantages.

Sapp, against less than the best in the world, only has a 10-6-1 MMA record. Not shabby but perhaps the furthest thing from "throwing every other contender around the ring"

I wish Balance was up for it, because I bet several people in here would be willing to chip in to arrange a recorded fight between him and a flyweight boxer. This has Pros vs Joes written all over it.

Edited by KnowledgeReignsSupreme

Sapp, against less than the best in the world, only has a 10-6-1 MMA record. Not shabby but perhaps the furthest thing from "throwing every other contender around the ring"
I think he was being sarcastic.

that video of manny hitting the heavy bag (when he was probably 20 lbs lighter than he is now) tells me all i need to know about this.

Sure, he probably hits harder than the guys that are flyweights now, but those guys could still move that bag more than the OP.

add in the quickness factor, stamina and experience taking punches, and this is a landslide.

The only possible chance the average joe has of winning is puting his head down and charging for a tackle. Assuming the boxer doesnt get in a clean shot to the temple when you try and tackle him, i suppose there's a chance you could get him to the ground, smother him, and land enough knees and elbows to disable him. those guys dont know how to play ground defense or throw punches from their back.

still, the odds of that happening are tiny. Probably about the same as me closing my eyes, swinging as hard as i can and hitting a Mariano Rivera cutter out of the ball park.

oh ok now he makes more sense then :)

The only possible chance the average joe has of winning is puting his head down and charging for a tackle. Assuming the boxer doesnt get in a clean shot to the temple when you try and tackle him, i suppose there's a chance you could get him to the ground, smother him, and land enough knees and elbows to disable him. those guys dont know how to play ground defense or throw punches from their back.

but even if all that happens, the boxer simply needs to cover up and wait for the average joe to lose all his wind in less than 2 minutes, get free and then proceed to shred him.

In fact the whole Pacquiao thing should be left for dead... unless Pacq plans on losing 20 pounds.

If you had enough money to put up, Pac could easily drop those 20 lbs. and beat you to death one handed.I'm not joking.

but even if all that happens, the boxer simply needs to cover up and wait for the average joe to lose all his wind in less than 2 minutes, get free and then proceed to shred him.
sure, i suppose. However, i'd wager that a 200+ lb guy could do damage to a smaller guy if he's not wearing gloves and is allowed to knee. 2 minutes of knees and elbows to unprotected areas could hurt a smaller man. As great as flyweight boxers may be, having all that weight on top of them and hitting them would put them out of their comfort zone. not saying he's gonna lose, but he could be in trouble once he's off his feet. Edited by TLEF316

oh ok now he makes more sense then :)
:hifive:

I wish Balance was up for it, because I bet several people in here would be willing to chip in to arrange a recorded fight between him and a flyweight boxer. This has Pros vs Joes written all over it.

Yeah. I wish this had come up 2 years earlier, it would have been a no brainer for me to try. :thumbup:

Yeah. I wish this had come up 2 years earlier, it would have been a no brainer for me to try. :thumbup:
Sure if no brainer = back out at the last minute or make excuses why it can't happen.

To all the people belaboring the point that being hit by a pro tiny man is radically different:Have any of you been hit by a pro featherweight/flyweight?I assume this is how you are able to say these things?

I have not tried to shoot over Kevin GarnettI have not tried to save a free kick from David BeckhamI have not tried to skate around Zdeno CharaI have not tried to cover Wes WelkerI still think its safe to say what the outcome would be.
Have you ever even seen an adult male this small outside of TV or on the back of a horse? This is one question Ive asked since almost the start 2 years ago and noone has even tried to reply. :thumbup:And these examples aren't exactly apples to apples. I have no intention of boxing a boxer. Edited by Balance

Sure if no brainer = back out at the last minute or make excuses why it can't happen.
:rolleyes::lmao:

Have you ever even seen an adult male this small outside of TV or on the back of a horse? This is one question Ive asked since almost the start 2 years ago and noone has even tried to reply. :rolleyes:
A featherweight boxer weighs in at 126 pounds (57 kilos). Bruce Lee = 5ft 7 1/2 inches and 128 pounds ranged up to about 135, though hitting 125 would not be an issue.I'll bet you could take him too. Wider is better and all.

Have you ever even seen an adult male this small outside of TV or on the back of a horse? This is one question Ive asked since almost the start 2 years ago and noone has even tried to reply. :rolleyes:
A featherweight boxer weighs in at 126 pounds (57 kilos). Bruce Lee = 5ft 7 1/2 inches and 128 pounds ranged up to about 135, though hitting 125 would not be an issue.I'll bet you could take him too. Wider is better and all.
There are a lot of threads where people get owned but my word this is setting the standard.Keep it coming Balance, the entertainment value never ends :lmao:

These posts are awesome. :lmao:

These posts are awesome. :lmao:
the point is, the only thing holding the boxer back from killing you would be the threat of jail time. Sorry internet tough guy, not a prayer here.

Tony Jaa is 5'6" 132lbs, pretty sure he could whoop anyones ###.

have you seen him in person, the OP would own him. The dude is small!

There are a lot of threads where people get owned but my word this is setting the standard.Keep it coming Balance, the entertainment value never ends :)

I guess if this is about getting owned, I'm missing something.If this is where people come up with examples like Bruce Lee and Chuck Norris, Pacquiao, Sapp, and endless others - none of whom fit this discussion - then OK.I'll repeat. I'm not a tough guy - I just think there is a point where size and weight advantages outweigh any other considerations... for myself I'll take 12-14 inches + 100 pounds and consider myself good.

Tony Jaa is 5'6" 132lbs, pretty sure he could whoop anyones ###.

have you seen him in person, the OP would own him. The dude is small!
Yet another point that goes to further my point. :)Jaa is a beast of a man compared to the hypothetical tiny super hero I am pitted against.

There are a lot of threads where people get owned but my word this is setting the standard.Keep it coming Balance, the entertainment value never ends :)

I guess if this is about getting owned, I'm missing something.If this is where people come up with examples like Bruce Lee and Chuck Norris, Pacquiao, Sapp, and endless others - none of whom fit this discussion - then OK.I'll repeat. I'm not a tough guy - I just think there is a point where size and weight advantages outweigh any other considerations... for myself I'll take 12-14 inches + 100 pounds and consider myself good.
I would take Tony Jaa (5'6" 132lbs) over Bob Sapp (6' 3" 375 lbs) all day every day.So I think it is relevant.