Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
DCThunder

****OFFICIAL**** TOP CHEF THREAD

I can't believe Lisa made it through. How many times has she been on the verge of elimination? Essentially, I think what happened is that Antonia psyched herself out, sort of like that hot chick from last season (can't remember her name) in the finale. She just didn't seem focused (Nikki said so) and even messed up her rice. Her food didn't look very impressive and it certainly wasn't ambitious or sophisticated. She had an off-night, plain and simple. But you have to think that the judges really wanted her to be in the finale, so it shows you just how lousy her food really was.

I can't believe Lisa made it through. How many times has she been on the verge of elimination? Essentially, I think what happened is that Antonia psyched herself out, sort of like that hot chick from last season (can't remember her name) in the finale. She just didn't seem focused (Nikki said so) and even messed up her rice. Her food didn't look very impressive and it certainly wasn't ambitious or sophisticated. She had an off-night, plain and simple. But you have to think that the judges really wanted her to be in the finale, so it shows you just how lousy her food really was.

They wanted more women in the finale. They got that. Lisa causes more controversy, and more people will watch to see when she gets sent home. Antonia was kind of boring: "I'm doing this all for Heavy D's kid" :goodposting:

I really enjoyed the viewer polls they have about who should be ousted. 91% said Lisa...shocker there. I don't think she is a really bad chef, but she has a crappy attitude and can't take criticism at all. It was evident that she complained to Richard and Stephanie that is would of been nice to congratulate her for moving on. Put a glad bag on and prepare to be kicked to the curb.

I believe that's 9 now.

Casey is who you are thinking of. I think the altitude got to her though there was really no beating Hung.

BTW how much did steph pile on in the bye weeks? 20? 30? She had dropped a good 15 during the regular season.

When they showed Stephanie last night, I was surprised at how much weight she gained.

Then they focused on the guest judge, and I thought it was Tom Collicio after some weight gain too. :wall:

How about Lisa calling out Richard and Stephanie for not congratulating her after she survived? What a ####.

I kind of forget how the finale runs. I don't think they do a quick fire and they just get an endless variety of food to do whatever they want with a sous chef. Last year it was with some big time pro chefs. The previews showed no spoilers at all. We do know that Ted is on the final panel, but that's it.

How about Lisa calling out Richard and Stephanie for not congratulating her after she survived? What a ####.

There have been some great lines. If dale was part of the top two he would have thrown a dead pig at that #####. Edited by culdeus

Gail Simmons was unusually strong last night.

she has kind of come alive with each season. the other judges have followed suit. they seem to have found their legs at last. say what you will about padma as a host, she is lightyears ahead of that season 1 stepford wife that was there before her.

she has kind of come alive with each season. the other judges have followed suit. they seem to have found their legs at last. say what you will about padma as a host, she is lightyears ahead of that season 1 stepford wife that was there before her.
I really just meant that her boobs looked huge.

"What did she want me to say, congrats on winning the bronze? ok, congrats"

:lmao: Great line from Richard--he doesn't usually get snippy but Lisa wears on anyone.

That was a great line by Richard :blackdot:

That season one host was brutal, at least they realized it and booted her unlike Big Brother with Chen.

That season one host was brutal, at least they realized it and booted her unlike Big Brother with Chen.
i don't watch the show but she's my kind of eyecandy. regardless, you are stuck with her because she's married to les moonves.

Did you guys see Antonia stiff her on the hand shake at the end. Watch it on tivo if you can. Gail even sticks out her hand and gives a weird look when Antonia skips her.

Did you guys see Antonia stiff her on the hand shake at the end. Watch it on tivo if you can. Gail even sticks out her hand and gives a weird look when Antonia skips her.
Didn't notice that, intentional or just lost in the moment I wonder? Edited by Kraft...

They wanted more women in the finale. They got that. Lisa causes more controversy, and more people will watch to see when she gets sent home. Antonia was kind of boring: "I'm doing this all for Heavy D's kid" :thumbup:
I guess -- but now it's obvious it'll be a two-person contest, whereas Antonia would have added more intrigue. Lisa's just annoying -- she's not even a good "villain" like Marcel or that beast Tiffani from the first season. They had attitude but they were also real contenders to win it all.

I want to strangle that Lisa woman.

she seems to have this "cooler" effect and those she's up against seem to find themselves offed. i have to think you would be strangling yourself without being aware that you were.

I'm glad Dale's screw-up didn't cause Stephanie to get sent home. Stephanie was really cool about it, and I'm sure Dale felt like ####. but Dale is such a strong chef that he was able to help Steph come up with something just as good. if it were a lesser chef, it might have been disastrous.

Dale may be a #####, but he was at least the 3rd best chef on the show.

Dale may be a #####, but he was at least the 3rd best chef on the show.

I don't think you'd get many arguments on that one. He has a classic Napoleon complex. Didn't he say he was 5'4" at one point?

That was a great line by Richard :kicksrock:
I liked Stephanie's line after that. "We already have a Richard on the show." :thumbup:

I actually paused the DVR and stared. They looked tender and juicy and the presentation was fabulous.

The problem wasn't Lisa over Antonia it was that Dale pretty much saved Stephanie's ### (after nearly ruining her).

why is Dale helping Stephanie a "problem"? She won the quickfire and deserved to have an advantage. She got one by picking the best chef to help her.

The problem wasn't Lisa over Antonia it was that Dale pretty much saved Stephanie's ### (after nearly ruining her).

why is Dale helping Stephanie a "problem"? She won the quickfire and deserved to have an advantage. She got one by picking the best chef to help her.
Poorly phrased. Meant to highlight as if it wasn't already obvious that Dale put forth more in this challenge that was good than either Antonia or Lisa.

I actually paused the DVR and stared. They looked tender and juicy and the presentation was fabulous.
:popcorn: my fiance' even commented. I pretended to not notice just so I could rewind to get another look and agree with her.

Finals Odds

Stephanie -105

Richard +120

Lisa +1500

Fan Favorite Odds

Stephanie -1750

Richard +300

Lisa +1.5trillion

:goodposting: my fiance' even commented. I pretended to not notice just so I could rewind to get another look and agree with her.
Ha! I can just hear it: You: "Oh really? I've never noticed." (sounding uninterested)Her: "Oh yeah, how could you not have noticed?"You: "I was so focused on the show."Her: "Hold on, I'll rewind and show you."You: "It's not necessary, I really don't care."Her: "Hold on, I'm rewinding!"You: "Well, if you insist..."

:goodposting: my fiance' even commented. I pretended to not notice just so I could rewind to get another look and agree with her.
The dish could've used some creme fraiche but other than that it was spectacular.

Finals Odds Stephanie -105Richard +120Lisa +1500

these legit?
No, just my feel. Don't think anyone posts these.

My wife actually thinks Gail is prettier than Padma <_< I personally prefer Padma

Gail looking saucy

Gimme Gail, three weeks and a cage with an exercise wheel.

My wife actually thinks Gail is prettier than Padma :mellow: I personally prefer Padma

Gail looking saucy

i've been a fan of padma's for a loooooong time now. i watched a lot of her cooking show when it was on the food network. it started because i was into the cuisine but quickly became a total crush on her.

My wife actually thinks Gail is prettier than Padma :bs: I personally prefer Padma

Gail looking saucy

Another vote for Gail.
:popcorn:

Padma seems way too vacuous

I'd say more pretentious than vacuous, but another vote for Gail all the same.

Padma is WAY hotter than Gail. Gail only looks good right now because her boobs are big. She must have just had a kid or something, she's been wearing panchos and other "hide the fat" clothing the whole season long.

Padma is WAY hotter than Gail. Gail only looks good right now because her boobs are big. She must have just had a kid or something, she's been wearing panchos and other "hide the fat" clothing the whole season long.

I think in her blog it said she got married during the downtime so doubtful it was a shotgun.

to whoever edited the first post to reveal the final three:

I HATE YOU

had it on TiVo to watch when i get home

thanks for posting the spoiler info....

not cool

What's with all this Gail love? I just don't see it whatsoever.Padma on the other hand... :hot:

Gail lost a bunch of weight and was wearing a top that showed off her boobs last night. That's about it. Padma's always been smoking hot.

My wife actually thinks Gail is prettier than Padma :shrug: I personally prefer Padma

Gail looking saucy

No ####### way. Padma is one of the best looking women in the world.

Gail is a waste of space on this show. She contributes NOTHING!!!