What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

0 Yard Sack (1 Viewer)

jabarony

Footballguy
Well, I was eliminated from the playoffs due to going against the Saints defense and their 3 sacks. I watched the game and only remember 2, but when I looked at the box score at the end of the game it had 3. Looking at the play-by-play it showed a sack for 0 yards lost. Not only that, the Falcons had a 3 yd gain after the fumble recovery.

I guessed I missed that play. Did Redman scramble? Fumble the snap?

Anyone seen a sack for 0 before? Is it common, or does it only occur on fumbles.

It's a funny thing to remember, but I do remember that in one of Joe Montana's Super Bowl games he ran out of bounds at the line of scrimmage and it got counted as a zero-yard sack. So I guess they aren't just on fumbles and they've had them for a long time.

Well, I was eliminated from the playoffs due to going against the Saints defense and their 3 sacks. I watched the game and only remember 2, but when I looked at the box score at the end of the game it had 3. Looking at the play-by-play it showed a sack for 0 yards lost. Not only that, the Falcons had a 3 yd gain after the fumble recovery.I guessed I missed that play. Did Redman scramble? Fumble the snap?Anyone seen a sack for 0 before? Is it common, or does it only occur on fumbles.
I believe redman dropped back to pass, then he was pressured tried to take off, got the ball hit out of his hand by Will Smith at the line of scrimmage, fumbled it forward. I had Will Smith in an IDp league, and this play helped me get a win, but I didn't know a sack was counted if the Qb got back to the line. Also, even when the QB doesn't get tackled (or sometimes even touched) but if the ball is knocked out of his hand behind the line of scrimmage it is a sack, and forced fumble.

This is gonna come into play in our league this year. I'm up by 1.97. Sacks are worth 2. Minny defense had a sack for 0 yards on Geno Smith. I didn't know this was possible. I thought a sack had to be behind the line of scrimmage. Is a stat correction coming? Trying to prepare myself for the disappointment. Soften the blow a little.

It's a funny thing to remember, but I do remember that in one of Joe Montana's Super Bowl games he ran out of bounds at the line of scrimmage and it got counted as a zero-yard sack. So I guess they aren't just on fumbles and they've had them for a long time.
Yep, been that way forever - has to be positive rush yards or its a sack. Is this still accounted differently college versus pros. The NFL nets sacks against passing yards. College was always netted against rushing yards (may have changed).

Users who are viewing this thread