What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WSL1 - Rounds 5,6,7,8 (1 Viewer)

bicycle_seat_sniffer said:
Fiddles said:
Rivers

JLewis Westbrook

AJohnson, Harrison, White, Ginn

HMiller
solid squadJamal and Marv were great value picks. I herd Jamal wants a raise but should come back to cleve

Rivers will be fine and really started to produce solid numbers down the stretch & po's. I know there are several haters in this draft and lurking (trump avatar). And i was a huge skeptic of him, but he convinced me this post season. Now in H2H leagues, your better of with him as a backup.

Roddy white seemed a bit early, Fidds care to comment on the new Falcon coach? Who is the QB there?
:goodposting: I'll have to go back and look at Rivers' numbers for peaks and valleys.....

And as for lurking, if you're not reading the other drafts there's no real point in following these drafts. Commentaries are the best part.

Hmm...

Rivers was one of 28 QBs to start 8 or more games last year.

In an article that I'll debut later this year, I will talk about Quality Starts. Rivers had 3 very good starts (20 or more FPs in FBG scoring), 5 average starts (12-20) and 7 bad starts (under 12). That puts him at "-4", or 22nd overall on that list of 28 QBs.

Now, again - he had a TERRIBLE schedule and bad WRs for 1/2 of the year (pre-Chambers) so he may very well come into his own in 2008.

As a 2nd QB or QBBC approach here he's fine and above average after the Top 12-15 guys - mostly because he will be playing almost every game - IF HEALTHY. Word is he may not be ready for September either.....

IF he is ready for Week 1, good pick at QB16 and later.
:lmao: hi jeff

is there a weekend timer?
from da rules - per BnB"8 hour clock (including both picks at the ends).

Clock is off from 12 midnite until 8 am, all EST times.

Miss you pick in the first round and you'll be moved to the 16 spot. Miss it again in the first round and you'll be replaced.

If you miss a pick your clock is cut in half. You can make up your pick at any time. If you miss two picks and haven't made them up when you come back on the clock for a third time, you'll be replaced. I reserve the right at my discreation to make a pick for you if I feel the intregrity of the draft will be impacted.

Clock is on during weekends. Find a sub or pm a list if you'll be gone for an extended time."

9.2 Felix Jones, RB
alas NO HOGS FOR ME. I really wanted to nab Felix Jones as my third RB. Did not expect him to go this early. I will have to look, but seems earlier than previous years for four rookie RBs to be gone.I do think that this is a good pick, just wanted him as part of my squad.

9.2 Felix Jones, RB
alas NO HOGS FOR ME. I really wanted to nab Felix Jones as my third RB. Did not expect him to go this early. I will have to look, but seems earlier than previous years for four rookie RBs to be gone.I do think that this is a good pick, just wanted him as part of my squad.
Well with everyone so TE and QB hungry, I decided to double up at RB this time around rather than reach for a marginal TE in the 9th. I like the home run ability of Jones. Especially in BB fomat. Maybe a little early, but when your on one of the ends, you gotta do what you gotta do sometimes.

Peyton Manning

Kellen Clemens

Frank Gore

Deuce McAllister

Marques Colston

Santana Moss

Sidney Rice

Vernon Davis

Greg Olsen

So Far. Decent foundation, but nothing mindblowing

Sorry for the delay. Kenny W would have been ideal here, so I'll go instead with:

9.08 RB Cedric Benson, Chicago Bears

pming next

despite not wanting shanny controlling my fortunes..........

9-9 Selvin Young, RB, DEN

too much upside to pass up

HTF pmed

despite not wanting shanny controlling my fortunes..........

9-9 Selvin Young, RB, DEN

too much upside to pass up

HTF pmed
I was basically down to flipping a coin between Watson and Young for my pick. Young's ceiling is clearly higher than Watsons, but his floor is a lot lower too. I opted for the more reliable as my RB3.

Users who are viewing this thread