What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WSL1 - Rounds 5,6,7,8 (1 Viewer)

shouldn't all these "look at my team", moo moo quack quack posts be in a separate thread?makes it really hard for some to just review the picks and make one
i like it better in one thread personallyi guess its harder to find the picks for the seniors among usbust out those ben franklins perry and youll be straight
I'm old and I love the discussion. It easily trumps the difficulty to track picks. However if you bold your picks and nothing else that helps also.If the comments are moved to a spearate thread, they diminish and suffer from lack of participation.Just my opinion.
These drafts originated as a commentary draft. This is one of the reasons we don't use MFL. I learn a good bit about the players and their perceived values from many of the bright minds around here and LHUCKS.

Not really crazy about this TE pick but we're right on the cusp of TEs who could still be serviceable starters, looking off the edge in the the ####heap of leftover banana peels, old Newspapers and Matt Schobels. This guy had a decent second half showing for his rookie year...and I hope that trend continues.

8.11 TE Zach Miller

well with olsen miller and lee gone ill go with plan b

8.12 Ted Ginn WR Mia

frank has been pmed

Last edited by a moderator:
RiversJLewis WestbrookAJohnson, Harrison, White, GinnHMiller
solid squadJamal and Marv were great value picks. I herd Jamal wants a raise but should come back to cleveRivers will be fine and really started to produce solid numbers down the stretch & po's. I know there are several haters in this draft and lurking (trump avatar). And i was a huge skeptic of him, but he convinced me this post season. Now in H2H leagues, your better of with him as a backup.Roddy white seemed a bit early, Fidds care to comment on the new Falcon coach? Who is the QB there?

BassNBrew said:
bicycle_seat_sniffer said:
Fiddles said:
BassNBrew said:
Not sure why this guy is still around but he's to talented to pass on...

8.05 Alge Crumpler, ATL
the same reason galloway was. you tards and your ####in qb runsi wanted engram galloway and crumpler last round but was forced into a qb

#####es
agreed that was the worst QB run I've seen in one of these. With Eli as my #1 I still felt like I needed to grab one knowing that he stinks.

tards!
I just refused to participate. Couldn't justify drafting a QB in round 7 that may not even be a starter. This has to be the worst year ever for QB turmoil as half the jobs in the league have question marks.
This is exactly why I took Brees early.
Still lots (seven) rosters with only one QB. Either they disagree or they are silently scrambling.
My take is this....I got a QB where I think he's going to be in the top 3 in fantasy production and spent a relatively high draft choice to get him. If someone would have fallen to me, I would take a 2nd QB. But I'm not going to take a QB because everyone in front of me took a QB so I should even though he probably won't out produce Tony Romo in any games other than his bye, and if he does not by many points.And even if I did choose a 2nd QB, you do give up something for doing that. Whether it be your 3rd RB or 3rd WR or don't take a TE till late, you give up some depth to starting position for a backup.

I usually have two Qb's by now but I don't. In fact this is the first time I've never had 2 QB's in the first 8 rounds, so I'm looking forward to seeing how this plays out. I actually took Joey Harrington either in round 19 or 20 in WSL last year, who would have thought he would have started the season as a starter.
Obvious problem with this in INJURIES HAPPEN. Only 12 QBs played all 16 games. Only 26 played 11 or more games and three of those were not considered starters in the off-season.
That is true, injuries do happen but if the QB's who are decent are gone, taking a piece of crap just to say you got 2 Qb's won't help your team. You strengthen it somewhere else and hope it weakens the teams that opted for 2 QB's early. Obviously if you get hit with injuries in this format you're going to struggle or get very lucky to survive.

RiversJLewis WestbrookAJohnson, Harrison, White, GinnHMiller
solid squadJamal and Marv were great value picks. I herd Jamal wants a raise but should come back to cleveRivers will be fine and really started to produce solid numbers down the stretch & po's. I know there are several haters in this draft and lurking (trump avatar). And i was a huge skeptic of him, but he convinced me this post season. Now in H2H leagues, your better of with him as a backup.Roddy white seemed a bit early, Fidds care to comment on the new Falcon coach? Who is the QB there?
roddy whites breakout year wavered not one bit with any of the 4 qbs they used I was a huge skeptic after watching him previous years but in 07 he was for real and the fact that he did so well with those 4 at qb and all the rest of the circus is all the more impressiveI have no clue about this new coach yet. Not a ton of info out on him yet.

DGarrard, TJacksonSJax, LendaleTJ Housh, HWard, DDriverZMiller
qb - boring but effiecent - not a lot of upside with them, IMOrb - sjax is a beast and should rebound nicely. i personally have him listed at RB#2, regardless of formatWR - solid vet group here, Ward and driver seem to be passed by younger guys on their teams, in PPR format though carry plenty of value.TE - meh

qb - boring but effiecent - not a lot of upside with them, IMOrb - sjax is a beast and should rebound nicely. i personally have him listed at RB#2, regardless of formatWR - solid vet group here, Ward and driver seem to be passed by younger guys on their teams, in PPR format though carry plenty of value.TE - meh
I expect Ward to bounce back this year. He missed a few games and was playing with a bum knee (he just had cleanup surgery this week to clean it up), and had his worst year in 7 in both rec and yards. He's only 30 now (will be 31 by start of season) I think he and Holmes should be really 1a and 1b this year. Driver has been passed by IMO but will still get his.

I expect Ward to bounce back this year. He missed a few games and was playing with a bum knee (he just had cleanup surgery this week to clean it up), and had his worst year in 7 in both rec and yards. He's only 30 now (will be 31 by start of season) I think he and Holmes should be really 1a and 1b this year. Driver has been passed by IMO but will still get his.
BTW how did you get Sjax at #6. And I herd BigBen wants taller WR's.

QB - McNabb and McRussell

RB - Portis and Maroney

WR - Cotchery, Coles and Gonzalez

TE - Gonzalez

QB solid in this format with two starters. I think I am higher on Russell than most

RB - I think these two are outstanding in a 16-teamer still need depth

WR - With the rumor that Coles goes elsewhere this is not too bad. Danger in two from same team and not a real passing team at that. Gonzalez will depend on whether Marvin comes back to speed and their use of the TE again. Dallas Clark was much more a permanent target this year than previous.

TE - Gonzalez dependable

I'm headed to the gym. I have been really busy at work and have abstained from exercising. I am not just old now, but I'm fat. :X

while we are waiting anyone care to chime in on the following and give their opinion:

Martz as the OC in SF

Harbaugh/Cam in Balt

Best pick at #1 for Miami?

best spot for McFadden to land?

anything else you want to dicuss

Qb: RomoRB:M. LynchRB: E. GrahamRB: Thomas JOnesWR: Terell OwensWr: Bernard BerrianWr: Shuan McDonaldTe: Ben Watson
I think E.Graham is gonna be the SOD
I drafted him at 4.02.......and the man who passed on him at 3.16 and 4.01 says this! :popcorn:
I do like him, thought really long an hard about grabbin him. RB2 might be the least important position in these leaguesI grabbed some nice WR at 3/4.

I think that Frank's bd is next Thursday because it is mine also and I seem to recall a lengthy wait and a wild story and I commented that my birthdays are always so calm and blah compared to that.

Qb: RomoRB:M. LynchRB: E. GrahamRB: Thomas JOnesWR: Terell OwensWr: Bernard BerrianWr: Shuan McDonaldTe: Ben Watson
I drafted him at 4.02.......and the man who passed on him at 3.16 and 4.01 says this! :popcorn:
I do like him, thought really long an hard about grabbin him. RB2 might be the least important position in these leaguesI grabbed some nice WR at 3/4.
Why would RB 2 be less important than any other position that counts for points?The year I won it (maybe 3 years ago) I drafted from the 15 spot and selected Tiki Barber and Curtis Martin and both had monster years. The Rb2 for my team was probably the most important position and the biggest advantage I had over all the other teams.

I am very interested in the best locale for McFadden. I have my Dynasty first rookie pick and it looks very likely to be him. Would Oakland be a nice spot? I hear a lot of JETS JETS JETS, but that doesn't seem to be a good landing with T Jones and Leon Washington already there. Besides I thought that they needed OL assistance.

You guys in the know fill me in while I am gone.

I drafted him at 4.02.......and the man who passed on him at 3.16 and 4.01 says this! :thumbup:
Why would RB 2 be less important than any other position that counts for points?The year I won it (maybe 3 years ago) I drafted from the 15 spot and selected Tiki Barber and Curtis Martin and both had monster years. The Rb2 for my team was probably the most important position and the biggest advantage I had over all the other teams.
If you have 2 it can be an advantage but due to injuries and poor performances it just seems I've surived alot with minimal points from that spot.two years ago I won one of these with ron dayne and various other bumms filling in at RB2 for me, WRs,stud TE,RB1 & QB carried me

I am very interested in the best locale for McFadden. I have my Dynasty first rookie pick and it looks very likely to be him. Would Oakland be a nice spot? I hear a lot of JETS JETS JETS, but that doesn't seem to be a good landing with T Jones and Leon Washington already there. Besides I thought that they needed OL assistance.You guys in the know fill me in while I am gone.
I agree the jets dont look like an ideal fit for him.Maybe Atlanta or Oakland

I am very interested in the best locale for McFadden. I have my Dynasty first rookie pick and it looks very likely to be him. Would Oakland be a nice spot? I hear a lot of JETS JETS JETS, but that doesn't seem to be a good landing with T Jones and Leon Washington already there. Besides I thought that they needed OL assistance.You guys in the know fill me in while I am gone.
The falcons need so much other than RB right now...take your pick...QB, OL, DL,

dont they need a face of the franchise type player? Would they really go QB? isnt Lefty under contract and they just brought in a coach from his old team. OL,DL - every team needs these.

dont they need a face of the franchise type player? Would they really go QB? isnt Lefty under contract and they just brought in a coach from his old team. OL,DL - every needs these.
I think the top 3 (assuming ATL gets 3 and no tradeouts) will be Dorsey and the 2 Longs. McFadden could definitely go to Oakland at 4 as Al's new playtoy. If not, may drop to 7 (don't see Jets taking him - other more important holes - I like Gholston here); then it's a matter of who might NE swindle into trading up some. Denver - Shanahan has shown the propensity for tradin up for targeted players (Cutler), but with a chief rival? Chicago - if they are dissatisfied with Benson? Dallas for a larger package? Or does NE just take the BPA?

i agree that falcons are shmucks if they take an rb there

if they would actually use ovie mughallie to block for their existing backs and beef up that oline theyll be fine

Martz as the OC in SF
Not seeing a huge difference here and in Detroit - O line for QB protection is the biggest need for both. Alex could get killed by Game 3. Gore gets a slight bump.
Harbaugh/Cam in Balt
Interesting. May depend on who will be the QB. They have the other skill personal (Willis, Mason, Clayton, Heap) but need someone to throw it.
Best pick at #1 for Miami?
I think Chris Long is the best match for the "current" system, but Dorsey is the best player.
best spot for McFadden to land?
For FF purposes, Denver but he won't make it there. In more realistic situation, Oakland/Atlanta.

bicycle_seat_sniffer said:
Fiddles said:
Rivers

JLewis Westbrook

AJohnson, Harrison, White, Ginn

HMiller
solid squadJamal and Marv were great value picks. I herd Jamal wants a raise but should come back to cleve

Rivers will be fine and really started to produce solid numbers down the stretch & po's. I know there are several haters in this draft and lurking (trump avatar). And i was a huge skeptic of him, but he convinced me this post season. Now in H2H leagues, your better of with him as a backup.

Roddy white seemed a bit early, Fidds care to comment on the new Falcon coach? Who is the QB there?
:confused: I'll have to go back and look at Rivers' numbers for peaks and valleys.....

And as for lurking, if you're not reading the other drafts there's no real point in following these drafts. Commentaries are the best part.

Hmm...

Rivers was one of 28 QBs to start 8 or more games last year.

In an article that I'll debut later this year, I will talk about Quality Starts. Rivers had 3 very good starts (20 or more FPs in FBG scoring), 5 average starts (12-20) and 7 bad starts (under 12). That puts him at "-4", or 22nd overall on that list of 28 QBs.

Now, again - he had a TERRIBLE schedule and bad WRs for 1/2 of the year (pre-Chambers) so he may very well come into his own in 2008.

As a 2nd QB or QBBC approach here he's fine and above average after the Top 12-15 guys - mostly because he will be playing almost every game - IF HEALTHY. Word is he may not be ready for September either.....

IF he is ready for Week 1, good pick at QB16 and later.

Users who are viewing this thread