What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WSL2 Teams (1 Viewer)

jeter23

Footballguy
Team Pasquino (1)

Drew Brees

Trent Edwards

LaDainian Tomlinson

Fred Taylor

Warrick Dunn

Andre Johnson

Donald Driver

Bobby Engram

Isaac Bruce

Drew Bennett

Jeremy Shockey

Jeff King

Adam Vinatieri

Jacksonville Defense/ST

Oakland Defense/ST

Team Atomic Punk (2)

Carson Palmer

Adrian Peterson

LenDale White

Jonathan Stewart

Vincent Jackson

Santana Moss

Roydell Williams

Dallas Clark

Team old milwaukee (3)

Tony Romo

Joseph Addai

Jerious Norwood

Braylon Edwards

Dwayne Bowe

Sidney Rice

Tony Scheffler

Owen Daniels

Team busman (4)

Marc Bulger

Jake Delhomme

Brian Westbrook

Jamal Lewis

Sammy Morris

Torry Holt

Calvin Johnson

Patrick Crayton

Todd Heap

Team Radballs (5)

Vince Young

Tarvaris Jackson

Steven Jackson

Cedric Benson

Thomas Jones

Chad Johnson

Steve Smith (CAR)

Javon Walker

Heath Miller

Team Bucketheads / jeter23 (6)

Matt Schaub

Phillip Rivers

Reggie Bush

DeAngelo Williams

TJ Houshmandzadeh

Marques Colston

Lee Evans

Zach Miller

Team Ruds (Aaron Rudnicki) (7)

QB Matt Hasselbeck

QB Matt Ryan

QB Seneca Wallace

RB Clinton Portis

RB Darren McFadden

RB Justin Fargas

RB Ladell Betts

WR Brandon Marshall

WR Reggie Brown

WR Kevin Walter

WR Mark Clayton

WR Shaun McDonald

WR Justin Gage

WR Mario Manningham

TE Jason Witten

TE Desmond Clark

PK Shayne Graham

PK Kris Brown

DEF NY Giants

DEF St Louis Rams

Team Valence (8)

Derek Anderson

Jeff Garcia

Frank Gore

Maurice Jones-Drew

Kevin Jones

Anquan Boldin

Deion Branch

DJ Hackett

Alge Crumpler

Team bostonfred (9)

Brett Favre

Alex Smith (SF)

Larry Johnson

Rudi Johnson

Deuce McAllister

Marvin Harrison

Plaxico Burress

Ronald Curry

Kellen Winslow Jr.

Team dpeease (10)

Tom Brady

Shaun Alexander

Edgerrin James

Ronnie Brown

Roy Williams

Joey Galloway

Ted Ginn Jr.

Anthony Gonzalez

Greg Olsen

Team Duke1948 (11)

Peyton Manning

Brandon Jacobs

Travis Henry

Chester Taylor

Larry Fitzgerald

Donte Stallworth

Chris Henry

Bobby Wade

Vernon Davis

Team Thom Yorke (12)

Ben Roethlisberger

Kellen Clemens

Willis McGahee

Julius Jones

Kenny Watson

Chris Chambers

Hines Ward

Randy Moss

David Patten

Tony Gonzalez

Team Reaper (13)

Donovan McNabb

Matt Leinart

Laurence Maroney

Marshawn Lynch

Ahmad Bradshaw

Greg Jennings

Laveranues Coles

Santonio Holmes

Laurent Robinson

Ben Watson

Team Blue-Kun (14)

Jason Campbell

Marion Barber

Micheal Turner

Roddy White

Derrick Mason

Kevin Curtis

Reggie Williams

Antonio Gates

Team Shadowfax (15)

David Garrard

Eli Manning

Ryan Grant

Earnest Graham

Terrell Owens

Wes Welker

Arnaz Battle

Donald Lee

Team Renesauz (16)

Jay Cutler

Jon Kitna

Willie Parker

Rashard Mendenhall

Bernard Berrian

Reggie Wayne

Jericho Cotchery

Chris Cooley

More coming later, or post yours and I will add it here.

ETA - Updated (Jeff P)

Last edited by a moderator:
Shadowfax - updated thru Rd 10

David Garrard

Eli Manning

Ryan Grant

Earnest Graham

Terrell Owens

Wes Welker

Arnaz Battle

Jerry Porter

Darrell Jackson

Donald Lee

:loco:

Should be good with Garrard and Eli. Will I have any starting RBs? Both looked good this year but far from a sure thing. TO should still be a top WR but he is 35 yo. Welker will be great in PPR leagues but I don't expect the gaudy #s again next year but hopefully, Martz can give Battle and the SF passing game a good bump....and hopefully Lee didn't have a career year last year. There's going to be lots of question marks about this team but the potential is there. Definitely not a low risk team so far.

Blue-Kun

Jason Campbell

Marion Barber

Micheal Turner

Roddy White

Derrick Mason

Kevin Curtis

Reggie Williams

Antonio Gates

:goodposting:

Helping out a little.

Team Ruds (Aaron Rudnicki)

Matt Hasselbeck

Darren McFadden

Clinton Portis

Justin Fargas

Kevin Walter

Brandon Marshall

Reggie Brown

Marc Clayton

Jason Witten

Team Rene

Jay Cutler

Jon Kitna

Willie Parker

Rashard Mendenhall

Bernard Berrian

Reggie Wayne

Jericho Cotchery

Chris Cooley

Team Duke

Peyton Manning

Brandon Jacobs

Travis Henry

Chester Taylor

Larry Fitzgerald

Donte Stallworth

Chris Henry

Bobby Wade

Vernon Davis

Mcnabb

Leinhart

Maroney

Lynch

A Bradshaw

Coles

Holmes

Jennings

L Robinson

B Watson

Looking back at first I almost wish I went for a top WR early on.. Picking later in the draft, your only shot at 2 top tier WR's is to go WR in the 1st two rounds - The sweet part of drafting early is landing those top tier wr's in round 3 to go with a super stud RB.

And I still think Lots of decent RB's fell - I was surprised Thomas Jones has been falling so far - He should be in for a better year and God willing a much better OL and QB play. Round 5!!!!! Wow.. :shrug:

I'll have to keep pulling Wr's out of my ###...... Mostly a younger team trying to avoid some of the risk associated with an early WSL. (I picked Curtis Martin before he retired)... Even late on the Robinson pick, I was looking at a few WR's that can retire any day now and rolled the dice on a great young talent but on one mess of a team.

Got a couple hours to kill on another freezing cold Saturday afternoon ...

Atomic Punk

QB - C. Palmer CIN (2.15)

QB - J. Russell OAK (9.02)

The NFL is a copycat league and I think the NE Patriots offense lighting it up through the air will catch on and more teams will move towards a more open passing attack. Palmer is an upper echelon QB and has excellent WRs, regardless of CJ's request for a trade, to make a push into the high 30s for TD passes.

RB - A. Peterson MIN (1.02)

RB - L. White TEN (3.02)

RB - J. Stewart Rookie (5.02)

RB - C. Henry TEN (13.02)

Peterson is a stud! Sure teams may put 8 and 9 in the box to stop him at first, but the Minny QB play can't gety any worse, so teams will eventually have to respect the pass enough to open up holes.

The Titans running attack is always solid and I have that wrapped up with Lendale and Henry. I may have taken White a little early, but when you are drafting t the turns, you need to take the guys you want or risk losing out entirely ... and that happened to me on more than one occasion.

I haven't done my homework yet on Stewart, but he looks like he has the size, speed and other intangibles to make some noise in his rookie season. There are a few teams that need RB help in the mid to late first that make the possibility of him starting early pretty good.

TE - D. Clark IND (4.15)

AT 2 PPR you need a stud TE and I was hoping Clark would be available for me. He is pretty consistent from week to week and also can explode for big games, which is something you need in these Survivor leagues. I still may nab a backup in the later rounds ... then again, maybe not.

WR - V. Jackson SD (6.15)

WR - S. Moss WAS (7.02)

WR - R. Williams TEN (8.15)

WR - A. Davis HOU/FA (10.15)

WR - E. Wilford JAX/FA (12.15)

My obvious weakness. I was hoping someone like a Jennings or Lee would drop to me in round five, but didn't want to "settle" for what I thought was a drop in production. I think I got some good talent in Jackson and Moss in 6 and 7, but I really need Moss to have a healthy year.

I was going to go back-to-back WR again in 8 and 9, but the run on backup QBs made me take Russell. I like Williams in TEN and expect his numbers to continue to climb with some improved QB play in 2008.

D/ST - San Diego "Super"Chargers (11.02)

Since I have a glaring weakness, I thought I would take the SD D/ST and have a sure top 5 in that category. Playing 6 games against the AFC West offensive weaklings is a big plus.

Overall I'm happy with the team, although there are at least 2-3 picks that I may have done differently.

... Punk

Team Blue

QB: Jason Campbell

Not my cup of tea, but the last guy with a sure starting job next season and at least some amount of upside potential. I waited a round too long to get on the QB train and it cost me since I was next to the ends. I'm not totally down on him as a solid QB#2 in this format, which is really all you need.

RB: Marion Barber, Micheal Turner, Felix Jones and Adrian Peterson (CHI)

Marion Barber is a top 10 RB in Dallas and a respectable #1 in the vein of MJD if he gets moved to Miami (Which I doubt). Hoping Turner lands somewhere useful, but honestly I'm done trying to speculate this early. Felix Jones is a crapshoot, but his yards per carry are ridiculous and it seems like he could be a solid dual threat. Adrian Peterson was probably the second best reciever on the Bears last season and in that sense, his rushing totals are gravy to go along with his 50+ receptions and yac totals.

WR: Roddy White, Derrick Mason, Kevin Curtis, Reggie Williams, Nate Burleson and Dennis Northcutt

I think this is my main strength other than TE. I don't have any outright studs at first glance, unless Roddy White continues his breakout in the city FF receivers go to die. However at the moment I have four #1 WR's on different teams; and along with Northcutt I hope to have the effective part of the JAX passing game basically locked up. Might seem silly on a running team, but Northcutt and Williams both ended the season with a solid combined FF output and targets, they were basically the bulk of the QB -> WR passing offense for FF points.

Burleson seems like a high upside guy at little cost for where I got him (WR56) if Branch is hurt and Hackett leaves he could be the #2 WR in Seattle at the season opener. Even if not, he could definitely refine his game this off-season and become more than the red zone / speed threat he is currently.

Derrick Mason was a reception machine last season and yet I got him in almost the exact same spot as last year. Even with the ineffectual McNair throwing the ball, Mason only had 3 games under 10 pts in PPR. Even Troy Smith didn't diminish his value at the end of the year. Kevin Curtis is the #1 in Philly so I expect decent numbers if McNabb is coming back or not.

TE: Gates

Yet another 300+ point season in this format last year. Very happy I could wait until the second round to grab him.

DEF: Buffalo and Arizona

Thought they were underrated last year and I still think they'll be fine this year.

5.09 Boston Fred Brett Favre, QB10 Green Bay

8.08 Boston Fred Alex Smith, QB23 San Francisco

I was happy to back Favre up with the Martz QB. Then San Francisco signed someone else. I'm not thrilled with the position anymore, but since it wasn't my pick when the news came out, and there wasn't any likely started left, I decided to stay the course and keep my original plan.

1.09 Boston Fred Larry Johnson, RB9 Kansas City

6.08 Boston Fred Deuce McAllister, RB33 New Orleans

7.09 Boston Fred Rudi Johnson, RB35 Cincinnati

16.08 Boston Fred Tatum Bell, RB65 Detroit

17.09 Boston Fred TJ Duckett, RB69 Detroit

18.08 Boston Fred Darren Sproles, RB71 San Diego

And that plan was to draft a bunch of backup RBs behind Larry Johnson. I don't have a ton of faith in him surviving a full year, so I wanted depth. I do like my RB2BC, with two guys who have been very solid starters in the past. I think both are underrated at this point in the season after missing time with injury. I don't expect Bell or Duckett to start, but both can contribute points in bunches. Sproles could get the shot to be Tomlinson's backup, a position that has been very lucrative fantasywise. Even if he doesn't, he's a capable player who has looked good in spot duty, and could get some random points during spot duty.

3.09 Boston Fred Plaxico Burress, WR14 New York Giants

4.08 Boston Fred Marvin Harrison, WR21 Indianapolis

9.09 Boston Fred Ronald Curry, WR51 Oakland

10.08 Boston Fred Amani Toomer, WR59 New York Giants

11.09 Boston Fred Jabar Gaffney, WR68 New England

14.08 Boston Fred Drew Carter, WR77 Carolina(?)

This would have been a sick WR corps two years ago. There's a lot of what ifs, but I can't pass on Marvin Harrison in the fourth round. I drafted Burress and Toomer before the Superbowl, where we learned that they suck and I hate them and I don't want to talk about it.

2.08 Boston Fred Kellen Winslow, TE2 Cleveland

20.08 Boston Fred Ben Utecht, TE30 Indianapolis

I'm not a big advocate of taking TEs early, even in these leagues, but Winslow could be the #1 TE in a league that gives 2 PPR. It's hard to pass up on that considering I wanted the all risk, all reward team. I had other highly rated receivers on my radar, but each of them either had flaws or were at risk of having significant bad news soon. The running backs that were left all had similar issues. The biggest issue with Winslow is the possibility of a QB change, but while I can see that hurting his yards and TDs, I expect him to get a lot of receptions regardless of who lines up under center.

15.09 Boston Fred Jason Elam, PK11 Denver

19.09 Boston Fred Matt Bryant, PK28 Tampa Bay

All I cared about was getting two guys who had starting jobs. I took the first one in case there was a two round run like there was on defense. Then I passed again and again until it looked like I couldn't anymore.

12.08 Boston Fred Chicago Bears, DEF6

13.09 Boston Fred Tennessee Titans, DEF14

I think the Bears have a real chance to rebound back to DST 1 this year. They were a badly injured unit this year. Tennessee is a stud defense when healthy. If the two of them can be healthy on alternating weeks, I'll be happy.

5.09 Boston Fred Brett Favre, QB10 Green Bay8.08 Boston Fred Alex Smith, QB23 San FranciscoI was happy to back Favre up with the Martz QB. Then San Francisco signed someone else. I'm not thrilled with the position anymore, but since it wasn't my pick when the news came out, and there wasn't any likely started left, I decided to stay the course and keep my original plan. 1.09 Boston Fred Larry Johnson, RB9 Kansas City6.08 Boston Fred Deuce McAllister, RB33 New Orleans7.09 Boston Fred Rudi Johnson, RB35 Cincinnati16.08 Boston Fred Tatum Bell, RB65 Detroit17.09 Boston Fred TJ Duckett, RB69 Detroit18.08 Boston Fred Darren Sproles, RB71 San DiegoAnd that plan was to draft a bunch of backup RBs behind Larry Johnson. I don't have a ton of faith in him surviving a full year, so I wanted depth. I do like my RB2BC, with two guys who have been very solid starters in the past. I think both are underrated at this point in the season after missing time with injury. I don't expect Bell or Duckett to start, but both can contribute points in bunches. Sproles could get the shot to be Tomlinson's backup, a position that has been very lucrative fantasywise. Even if he doesn't, he's a capable player who has looked good in spot duty, and could get some random points during spot duty. 3.09 Boston Fred Plaxico Burress, WR14 New York Giants4.08 Boston Fred Marvin Harrison, WR21 Indianapolis9.09 Boston Fred Ronald Curry, WR51 Oakland10.08 Boston Fred Amani Toomer, WR59 New York Giants11.09 Boston Fred Jabar Gaffney, WR68 New England14.08 Boston Fred Drew Carter, WR77 Carolina(?)This would have been a sick WR corps two years ago. There's a lot of what ifs, but I can't pass on Marvin Harrison in the fourth round. I drafted Burress and Toomer before the Superbowl, where we learned that they suck and I hate them and I don't want to talk about it. 2.08 Boston Fred Kellen Winslow, TE2 Cleveland20.08 Boston Fred Ben Utecht, TE30 IndianapolisI'm not a big advocate of taking TEs early, even in these leagues, but Winslow could be the #1 TE in a league that gives 2 PPR. It's hard to pass up on that considering I wanted the all risk, all reward team. I had other highly rated receivers on my radar, but each of them either had flaws or were at risk of having significant bad news soon. The running backs that were left all had similar issues. The biggest issue with Winslow is the possibility of a QB change, but while I can see that hurting his yards and TDs, I expect him to get a lot of receptions regardless of who lines up under center. 15.09 Boston Fred Jason Elam, PK11 Denver19.09 Boston Fred Matt Bryant, PK28 Tampa BayAll I cared about was getting two guys who had starting jobs. I took the first one in case there was a two round run like there was on defense. Then I passed again and again until it looked like I couldn't anymore. 12.08 Boston Fred Chicago Bears, DEF613.09 Boston Fred Tennessee Titans, DEF14 I think the Bears have a real chance to rebound back to DST 1 this year. They were a badly injured unit this year. Tennessee is a stud defense when healthy. If the two of them can be healthy on alternating weeks, I'll be happy.
Overall, I like this team - I would like it better with 5 RBs and 7WRs, given the question of Harrison (and now Toomer), but you may be pleasantly surprised if Carter goes to Indy.Other than that, only QB2 and TE2 are a bit weak. This team should stick around for awhile, but who knows at this point.

QB

Matt Schaub, QB15 Houston

Philip Rivers, QB18 San Diego

Sage Rosenfels, QB36 Houston

I waited too long to get my first QB, but that was the price to pay when getting stud WRs. I think I helped that by getting my top 2 close together and then covering an injury prone Schaub by getting Sage.

RB

Reggie Bush, RB6 New Orleans

DeAngelo Williams, RB29 Carolina

Selvin Young, RB43 Denver

Ray Rice, RB49 Rookie

Chris Brown, RB66 Tennessee

I don't love my RB group, but I think I got some guys that will score well in PPR. This could be my downfall if Bush ends up as my only starter, but I learned last year that RBs are not as important in this format.

WR

TJ Houshmanzadeh, WR5 Cincinnati

Marques Colston, WR11 New Orleans

Lee Evans, WR22 Buffalo

Demetrius Williams, WR75 Baltimore

Jacoby Jones, WR79 Houston

Derek Hagan, WR99 Miami

Last year, I always drafted RB heavy ignoring WRs (I only had 4 of them in one of the survivor leagues) so I knew I wanted to grab the WRs early and often. I did not get as many as I wanted, but I think the quality at the top will help me.

TE

Zach Miller, TE17 Oakland

LJ Smith, TE19 Philadelphia

Like QB, I waited too long here, but grabbed two of them quickly. I got good news when Philly franchised Smith. I expect Miller to preform much better and be a top 12-15 TE.

K

Nick Folk, PK4 Dallas

Rian Lindell, PK25 Buffalo

I got two that are in little danger of losing their job, which is the most important thing in WSL.

Def

Dallas Cowboys, DEF11

Cleveland Browns, DEF29

I like the Cowboys as my top D. As for the Browns... :thumbup:

QB:

Derek Anderson

Jeff Garcia

Like this pair quite a bit. Anderson and the Brown's O should continue to improve and put up a lot of points. Garcia, while not a huge scorer is conistant enough to fill in on DA's down weeks. I would have liked to grab a third QB, but felt I needed an extra WR instead

RB:

Frank Gore

Maurice Jones-Drew

Kevin Jones

Kevin Faulk

The strength of my team no doubt. 2 potential top 10 backs, a RB3 that when healthy can produce RB1 numbers. I wanted Deuce here, but fred snagged him just before me. Faulk continues t be a great later round option in ppr leagues

WR:

Anquan Boldin

Deion Branch

DJ Hackett

James Jones

Joe Jurevicious

Ike Hilliard

DeSean Jackson

Sam Hurd

a little weak at first glance, but Boldin is always a stud in ppr leagues and Branch \ Hackett should provide solid WR2 numbers assuming Obamanu and Burleson dont start . I like the Joe J pick and the Hilliard pick to pair with their QB's. DeSean should be a first rounder and potentially add a few big games for me. The #1 WR homerun threat in the draft this year imo. Hurd could see a lot more time if\when Glenn retires.

TE:

Alge Crumpler

Alex Smith

yuck. I think Crumpler has way too much talent to have another poor season, despite the QB situation in ATL. I must admit I'm not comfortable with him as my #1. Smith will provide a few weeks of subpar scoring

PK

Ryan Longwell

John Kasay

2 solid if unspectacular k's

D:

Philly

KC

same. I think KC's D is a little underrated and will be successful next season.

If I hit on a few of my later round WR's I should be competitive. On paper, I feel my RB and QB corp are among the strongest in the league

QB

3.03 Tony Romo, QB5 Dallas

11.03 Kurt Warner, QB29 Arizona

Thought I saw a QB run starting early. I was wrong!

I wish that I had waited, as I would have liked to have added another top WR in this round.

Should be ok at this position!

RB

1.03 Joseph Addai, RB3 Indianapolis

5.03 Jerious Norwood, RB27 Atlanta

9.03 Michael Bush, RB40 Oakland

12.14 Fred Jackson, RB57 Buffalo

13.03 LaMont Jordan, RB59 Oakland(?)

19.03Ricky Williams, RB74 Miami

I love this group. Put me on the Norwood bandwagon as one who sees him moving into a full time role in Atlanta.

My homerism caused me to take Fred Jackson early, but I do see a Kevin Faulk like value in PPR leagues.

Will Ronnie still be recuperating? Will Bush get a shot in Oakland? Will Jordon get a shot elsewhere? Two yes’s and I am golden.

I went heavy at this position due to the fact that a 3pt showing at this position last year, in week 17, handed the championship to JP!!

RB position should a strength for me this year.

WR

2.14 Braylon Edwards, WR7 Cleveland

4.14 Dwayne Bowe, WR25 Kansas City

8.14 Sidney Rice, WR46 Minnesota

10.14 Michael Jenkins, WR64 Atlanta

16.04 Brad Smith, WR86 New York Jets

18.14 Limas Sweed, WR96 Rookie

As stated earlier, I had planned to go WR-WR at the second-third turn, but was unable to.

I had to make up ground and went with a youth movement in an attempt to do this. If the Viking QB position improves, and ADP opens up some lanes, I am looking for Rice to continue to adapt and substantially improve his numbers. Brad Smith’s slash role could surprise with a few usable weekly scores.

Not to sexy at this position, but it might just work.

TE

6.14 Tony Sheffler, TE9 Denver

7.03 Owen Daniels, TE11 Houston

20.14Fred Davis,TE 32 Rookie

Both Scheffler and Ownens finished in the top 10 last year and I see them only getting better. Taking a chance that Davis goes to a team that needs help (first round?).

Looking for a steady 25pts/wk from this position to make up for my WR’s! A solid group with no ceiling!

D/ST

14.14 Houston Texans, DEF23

1703 Miami Dolphins, DEF28

Both teams can’t do any worse this year, they both will improve!

K

15.03 Rob Bironas, PK8 Tennessee

One of the top five kickers, SOP for team Old Milwaukee.

Overall….pleased with the squad!

Draft Summary - WSL2

Jeff Pasquino

Pick Pos Player Team

02.16 QB4 Drew Brees NO/4

08.16 QB31 Trent Edwards Buf/6

01.01 RB2 LaDainian Tomlinson SD/7

05.01 RB24 Fred Taylor Jac/4

10.16 RB26 Warrick Dunn Atl/8

20.16 RB56 Correll Buckhalter Phi/5

17.01 RB9999 Jamaal Charles FA

06.16 WR13 Bobby Engram Sea/8

04.16 WR23 Donald Driver GB/7

03.01 WR25 Andre Johnson Hou/10

09.01 WR44 Isaac Bruce StL/9

11.01 WR73 Drew Bennett StL/9

19.01 WR139 Dwayne Jarrett Car/7

18.16 WR163 Robert Meachem NO/4

07.01 TE8 Jeremy Shockey NYG/9

12.16 TE18 Jeff King Car/7

14.16 PK13 Adam Vinatieri Ind/6

16.16 PK21 Matt Stover Bal/8

13.01 DEF16 Jacksonville Jac/4

15.01 DEF29 Oakland Oak/5

Atomic Punk

Pick Pos Player Team

02.15 QB9 Carson Palmer Cin/5

09.02 QB55 JaMarcus Russell Oak/5

01.02 RB5 Adrian Peterson Min/5

03.02 RB19 LenDale White Ten/4

18.15 RB46 Derrick Ward NYG/9

13.02 RB85 Chris Henry Ten/4

19.02 RB191 Kenny Irons Cin/5

05.02 RB9999 Jonathan Stewart FA

07.02 WR36 Santana Moss Was/4

08.15 WR42 Roydell Williams Ten/4

06.15 WR59 Vincent Jackson SD/7

12.15 WR60 Ernest Wilford Jac/4

10.15 WR66 Andre Davis Hou/10

17.02 WR9999 Malcolm Kelly FA

20.15 WR9999 James Hardy FA

04.15 TE6 Dallas Clark Ind/6

16.15 PK14 Shaun Suisham Was/4

15.02 PK30 Josh Scobee Jac/4

11.02 DEF1 San Diego SD/7

14.15 DEF23 New York Jets NYJ/10

old milwaukee

Pick Pos Player Team

03.03 QB2 Tony Romo Dal/8

11.03 QB10 Kurt Warner Ari/8

01.03 RB4 Joseph Addai Ind/6

13.03 RB37 LaMont Jordan Oak/5

05.03 RB39 Jerious Norwood Atl/8

19.03 RB134 Ricky Williams Mia/9

09.03 RB195 Michael Bush Oak/5

12.14 RB9999 Fred Jackson Buf/6

02.14 WR3 Braylon Edwards Cle/7

04.14 WR22 Dwayne Bowe KC/8

10.14 WR57 Michael Jenkins Atl/8

08.14 WR72 Sidney Rice Min/5

16.14 WR80 Brad Smith NYJ/10

18.14 WR9999 Limas Sweed FA

07.03 TE7 Owen Daniels Hou/10

06.14 TE11 Tony Scheffler Den/6

20.14 TE9999 Fred Davis FA

15.03 PK3 Rob Bironas Ten/4

14.14 DEF17 Houston Hou/10

17.03 DEF27 Miami Mia/9

busman

Pick Pos Player Team

05.04 QB22 Marc Bulger StL/9

20.13 QB26 Cleo Lemon Mia/9

07.04 QB42 Jake Delhomme Car/7

01.04 RB1 Brian Westbrook Phi/5

02.13 RB6 Jamal Lewis Cle/7

13.04 RB55 Jason Wright Cle/7

09.04 RB60 Sammy Morris NE/10

19.04 RB9999 Kevin Smith FA

03.04 WR11 Torry Holt StL/9

08.13 WR37 Patrick Crayton Dal/8

04.13 WR38 Calvin Johnson Det/6

10.13 WR65 Bryant Johnson Ari/8

16.13 WR84 Devard Darling Bal/8

11.04 WR138 Steve Smith NYG/9

06.13 TE37 Todd Heap Bal/8

17.04 TE49 Kevin Boss NYG/9

15.04 PK6 Robbie Gould Chi/9

18.13 PK24 Sebastian Janikowski Oak/5

12.13 DEF6 Seattle Sea/8

14.13 DEF13 Detroit Det/6

Radballs

Pick Pos Player Team

06.12 QB17 Vince Young Ten/4

08.12 QB20 Tarvaris Jackson Min/5

01.05 RB15 Steven Jackson StL/9

05.05 RB21 Thomas Jones NYJ/10

09.05 RB40 Cedric Benson Chi/9

17.05 RB58 Brian Leonard StL/9

20.12 RB91 Dominic Rhodes Oak/5

03.05 WR7 Chad Johnson Cin/5

02.12 WR16 Steve Smith Car/7

10.12 WR53 Brandon Stokley Den/6

16.12 WR64 Marty Booker Mia/9

18.12 WR97 Michael Clayton TB/10

04.12 WR99 Javon Walker Den/6

07.05 TE9 Heath Miller Pit/6

11.05 TE19 Chris Baker NYJ/10

19.05 TE25 David Martin Mia/9

14.12 PK7 Josh Brown Sea/8

15.05 PK11 Nate Kaeding SD/7

12.12 DEF7 Indianapolis Ind/6

13.05 DEF20 Baltimore Bal/8

jeter23

Pick Pos Player Team

07.06 QB15 Philip Rivers SD/7

20.11 QB21 Sage Rosenfels Hou/10

06.11 QB24 Matt Schaub Hou/10

01.06 RB11 Reggie Bush NO/4

05.06 RB30 DeAngelo Williams Car/7

09.06 RB34 Selvin Young Den/6

16.11 RB45 Chris Brown Ten/4

11.06 RB9999 Ray Rice FA

02.11 WR6 T.J. Houshmandzadeh Cin/5

03.06 WR8 Marques Colston NO/4

04.11 WR32 Lee Evans Buf/6

19.06 WR82 Derek Hagan Mia/9

12.11 WR103 Demetrius Williams Bal/8

15.06 WR118 Jacoby Jones Hou/10

08.11 TE17 Zach Miller Oak/5

10.11 TE38 L.J. Smith Phi/5

14.11 PK5 Nick Folk Dal/8

18.11 PK26 Rian Lindell Buf/6

13.06 DEF12 Dallas Dal/8

17.06 DEF26 Cleveland Cle/7

Aaron Rudnicki

Pick Pos Player Team

05.07 QB8 Matt Hasselbeck Sea/8

20.10 QB59 Seneca Wallace Sea/8

18.10 QB9999 Matt Ryan FA

01.07 RB3 Clinton Portis Was/4

08.10 RB22 Justin Fargas Oak/5

11.07 RB53 Ladell Betts Was/4

04.10 RB9999 Darren McFadden FA

03.07 WR10 Brandon Marshall Den/6

10.10 WR21 Shaun McDonald Det/6

07.07 WR31 Kevin Walter Hou/10

06.10 WR34 Reggie Brown Phi/5

12.10 WR47 Justin Gage Ten/4

09.07 WR71 Mark Clayton Bal/8

19.07 WR9999 Mario Manningham FA

02.10 TE1 Jason Witten Dal/8

15.07 TE13 Desmond Clark Chi/9

14.10 PK4 Shayne Graham Cin/5

17.07 PK12 Kris Brown Hou/10

13.07 DEF5 New York Giants NYG/9

16.10 DEF24 St. Louis StL/9

Valence

Pick Pos Player Team

04.09 QB5 Derek Anderson Cle/7

08.09 QB19 Jeff Garcia TB/10

01.08 RB9 Frank Gore SF/6

02.09 RB13 Maurice Jones-Drew Jac/4

06.09 RB27 Kevin Jones Det/6

11.08 RB41 Kevin Faulk NE/10

03.08 WR19 Anquan Boldin Ari/8

14.09 WR48 Ike Hilliard TB/10

09.08 WR50 Deion Branch Sea/8

12.09 WR55 Joe Jurevicius Cle/7

10.09 WR58 James Jones GB/7

05.08 WR74 D.J. Hackett Sea/8

20.09 WR96 Sam Hurd Dal/8

17.08 WR9999 DeSean Jackson FA

07.08 TE14 Alge Crumpler Atl/8

15.08 TE24 Alex Smith TB/10

19.08 PK22 John Kasay Car/7

18.09 PK23 Ryan Longwell Min/5

16.09 DEF28 Kansas City KC/8

13.08 DEF31 Philadelphia Phi/5

Boston Fred

Pick Pos Player Team

05.09 QB7 Brett Favre GB/7

08.08 QB46 Alex Smith SF/6

01.09 RB36 Larry Johnson KC/8

07.09 RB48 Rudi Johnson Cin/5

17.09 RB65 T.J. Duckett Det/6

16.08 RB73 Tatum Bell Det/6

18.08 RB78 Darren Sproles SD/7

06.08 RB109 Deuce McAllister NO/4

03.09 WR12 Plaxico Burress NYG/9

10.08 WR40 Amani Toomer NYG/9

09.09 WR41 Ronald Curry Oak/5

14.08 WR61 Drew Carter Car/7

11.09 WR67 Jabar Gaffney NE/10

04.08 WR102 Marvin Harrison Ind/6

02.08 TE3 Kellen Winslow Jr Cle/7

20.08 TE26 Ben Utecht Ind/6

19.09 PK9 Matt Bryant TB/10

15.09 PK16 Jason Elam Den/6

12.08 DEF4 Chicago Chi/9

13.09 DEF9 Tennessee Ten/4

dpeease

Pick Pos Player Team

01.10 QB1 Tom Brady NE/10

17.10 QB38 Rex Grossman Chi/9

16.07 QB72 Brady Quinn Cle/7

03.10 RB14 Edgerrin James Ari/8

02.07 RB23 Ronnie Brown Mia/9

10.07 RB28 DeShaun Foster Car/7

11.10 RB31 Maurice Morris Sea/8

05.10 RB38 Shaun Alexander Sea/8

20.07 RB64 Brandon Jackson GB/7

06.07 WR24 Joey Galloway TB/10

04.07 WR30 Roy Williams Det/6

07.10 WR68 Anthony Gonzalez Ind/6

09.10 WR75 Ted Ginn Mia/9

18.07 WR88 Keary Colbert Car/7

19.10 WR123 Eddie Kennison KC/8

13.10 TE20 Bo Scaife Ten/4

08.07 TE23 Greg Olsen Chi/9

15.10 PK10 Phil Dawson Cle/7

12.07 DEF14 Pittsburgh Pit/6

14.07 DEF32 San Francisco SF/6

Duke1948

Pick Pos Player Team

01.11 QB3 Peyton Manning Ind/6

10.06 QB37 Brodie Croyle KC/8

06.06 RB17 Chester Taylor Min/5

03.11 RB20 Brandon Jacobs NYG/9

13.11 RB35 Najeh Davenport Pit/6

05.11 RB44 Travis Henry Den/6

02.06 WR5 Larry Fitzgerald Ari/8

09.11 WR49 Bobby Wade Min/5

07.11 WR51 Donte Stallworth NE/10

16.06 WR52 Mike Furrey Det/6

17.11 WR76 Roscoe Parrish Buf/6

11.11 WR81 Matt Jones Jac/4

08.06 WR89 Chris Henry Cin/5

19.11 WR127 Maurice Stovall TB/10

04.06 TE12 Vernon Davis SF/6

20.06 TE69 Daniel Wilcox Bal/8

15.11 PK18 Neil Rackers Ari/8

18.06 PK28 Joe Nedney SF/6

12.06 DEF11 Green Bay GB/7

14.06 DEF19 Denver Den/6

Thom Yorke

Pick Pos Player Team

04.05 QB6 Ben Roethlisberger Pit/6

20.05 QB25 Chad Pennington NYJ/10

09.12 QB32 Kellen Clemens NYJ/10

02.05 RB8 Willis McGahee Bal/8

08.05 RB12 Kenny Watson Cin/5

07.12 RB42 Julius Jones Dal/8

15.12 RB49 Kenton Keith Ind/6

14.05 RB9999 Pierre Thomas NO/4

01.12 WR1 Randy Moss NE/10

06.05 WR28 Chris Chambers Mia/9

05.12 WR29 Hines Ward Pit/6

10.05 WR45 David Patten NO/4

18.05 WR69 Josh Reed Buf/6

17.12 WR169 Eric Parker SD/7

03.12 TE2 Tony Gonzalez KC/8

16.05 TE27 Leonard Pope Ari/8

13.12 PK2 Stephen Gostkowski NE/10

19.12 PK27 Jay Feely Mia/9

11.12 DEF2 New England NE/10

12.05 DEF3 Minnesota Min/5

Reaper

Pick Pos Player Team

05.13 QB14 Donovan McNabb Phi/5

08.04 QB50 Matt Leinart Ari/8

01.13 RB16 Marshawn Lynch Buf/6

02.04 RB32 Laurence Maroney NE/10

11.13 RB63 Lorenzo Booker Mia/9

14.04 RB74 Cadillac Williams TB/10

09.13 RB89 Ahmad Bradshaw NYG/9

04.04 WR18 Greg Jennings GB/7

03.13 WR27 Santonio Holmes Pit/6

06.04 WR39 Laveranues Coles NYJ/10

12.04 WR56 Antwaan Randle El Was/4

16.04 WR63 Muhsin Muhammad Chi/9

10.04 WR77 Laurent Robinson Atl/8

19.13 WR105 Craig Davis SD/7

13.13 TE15 Eric Johnson NO/4

07.13 TE16 Ben Watson NE/10

15.13 PK25 Jeff Wilkins StL/9

20.04 PK29 Olindo Mare NO/4

18.04 DEF15 Cincinnati Cin/5

17.13 DEF30 Atlanta Atl/8

Blue-Kun

Pick Pos Player Team

07.14 QB18 Jason Campbell Was/4

20.03 QB44 Todd Collins Was/4

16.03 QB48 Shaun Hill SF/6

01.14 RB7 Marion Barber III Dal/8

11.14 RB25 Adrian Peterson Chi/9

03.14 RB77 Michael Turner SD/7

19.14 RB9999 Darius Walker Hou/10

09.14 RB9999 Felix Jones FA

05.14 WR14 Derrick Mason Bal/8

04.03 WR15 Roddy White Atl/8

06.03 WR17 Kevin Curtis Phi/5

10.03 WR33 Nate Burleson Sea/8

08.03 WR35 Reggie Williams Jac/4

12.03 WR54 Dennis Northcutt Jac/4

15.14 WR79 Lance Moore NO/4

02.03 TE4 Antonio Gates SD/7

17.14 PK17 Lawrence Tynes NYG/9

18.03 PK19 Mike Nugent NYJ/10

14.03 DEF10 Arizona Ari/8

13.14 DEF18 Buffalo Buf/6

Shadowfax

Pick Pos Player Team

06.02 QB12 Eli Manning NYG/9

05.15 QB16 David Garrard Jac/4

03.15 RB10 Earnest Graham TB/10

11.15 RB29 Ron Dayne Hou/10

17.15 RB51 Kolby Smith KC/8

19.15 RB52 Musa Smith Bal/8

01.15 RB9999 Ryan Grant GB/7

02.02 WR4 Terrell Owens Dal/8

04.02 WR9 Wes Welker NE/10

09.15 WR43 Jerry Porter Oak/5

08.02 WR46 Arnaz Battle SF/6

10.02 WR62 Darrell Jackson SF/6

15.15 WR70 Nate Washington Pit/6

20.02 WR83 Robert Ferguson Min/5

07.15 TE10 Donald Lee GB/7

12.02 TE21 Randy McMichael StL/9

14.02 PK1 Mason Crosby GB/7

16.02 PK8 Jason Hanson Det/6

13.15 DEF8 Tampa Bay TB/10

18.02 DEF21 New Orleans NO/4

renesauz

Pick Pos Player Team

05.16 QB11 Jay Cutler Den/6

07.16 QB13 Jon Kitna Det/6

01.16 RB18 Willie Parker Pit/6

10.01 RB43 Leon Washington NYJ/10

20.01 RB59 Michael Pittman TB/10

12.01 RB62 Ahman Green Hou/10

08.01 RB9999 Rashard Mendenhall FA

02.01 WR2 Reggie Wayne Ind/6

03.16 WR20 Jerricho Cotchery NYJ/10

06.01 WR26 Bernard Berrian Chi/9

17.16 WR92 Brandon Jones Ten/4

11.16 WR93 Devin Hester Chi/9

19.16 WR101 Troy Williamson Min/5

18.01 WR9999 Early Doucet FA

04.01 TE5 Chris Cooley Was/4

09.16 TE22 Marcedes Lewis Jac/4

16.01 PK15 Jeff Reed Pit/6

15.16 PK20 David Akers Phi/5

Strongest RB's

Pasquino

Rudnicki

Valence

busman

Weakest RB's

dpeease

Thom Yorke

renesauz

Blue-Kun

Strongest WR's

jeter23

Radballs

Thom Yorke

Blue-Kun

Weakest WR's

old milwaukee

Atomic Punk

Duke1948

busman

Blue-Kun said:
Strongest WR's

Blue-Kun
:confused:

Blue-Kun said:
Strongest WR's

Blue-Kun
:unsure:

Unlike the vast majority of the teams here, I actually have depth instead of the illusion of depth. The 5th WR is just likely to post up a WR2 score and Dennis Northcutt as the 6th WR on my team trumps most people's random fliers that might have 2 good weeks. The WR core isn't sexy at all, but my goal was to build this with a lot of low-risk incentives built in because the season is so far away. Even if my first two WR picks, Derrick Mason and Roddy White, fell off cliffs production-wise I'm not totally SOL. Look at the other teams I put in the 'best WR' category. Thom Yorke

The three guys I bolded are obviously going to be the main #1-3 score-wise. And that's quality, if nothing happens he has a top 5 and two top 30 guys. However if any of them have to miss major time, who else on here is going to hold his weight for any significant portion of time? Patten is the one guy that looks like he may be a signficant producer, but that all depends on what the Saints end up doing.

Jeter23

If Colston has a slump and Lee Evans has his typical slow start to the season, this team is looking at one good score a week and a few points more than donuts. Derek Hagan has yet to show off the talent he has, Williams is still behind Mason and Clayton and Jacoby Jones is a bit of a ? to me.

Now obviously there's the talent issue and I am well aware, hence why the other three teams in the 'best' category are largely due to having multiple studs. There is something to be said for depth though. Besides, the guys I have aren't necessarily slubs.

All that said, I just wanted to get some chatter going so I can see some opinions one way or the other. These things are much more fun when people chip in some analysis of other picks and not just on what their team is. If I'm really overestimating the usefulness of my mid-level WR's, feel free to tell me why and I'll take that into account for the next mock draft down the line. :goodposting:

Blue-Kun said:
Strongest WR's

Blue-Kun
:unsure:

Unlike the vast majority of the teams here, I actually have depth instead of the illusion of depth. The 5th WR is just likely to post up a WR2 score and Dennis Northcutt as the 6th WR on my team trumps most people's random fliers that might have 2 good weeks. The WR core isn't sexy at all, but my goal was to build this with a lot of low-risk incentives built in because the season is so far away. Even if my first two WR picks, Derrick Mason and Roddy White, fell off cliffs production-wise I'm not totally SOL. Look at the other teams I put in the 'best WR' category. Thom Yorke

The three guys I bolded are obviously going to be the main #1-3 score-wise. And that's quality, if nothing happens he has a top 5 and two top 30 guys. However if any of them have to miss major time, who else on here is going to hold his weight for any significant portion of time? Patten is the one guy that looks like he may be a signficant producer, but that all depends on what the Saints end up doing.

Jeter23

If Colston has a slump and Lee Evans has his typical slow start to the season, this team is looking at one good score a week and a few points more than donuts. Derek Hagan has yet to show off the talent he has, Williams is still behind Mason and Clayton and Jacoby Jones is a bit of a ? to me.

Now obviously there's the talent issue and I am well aware, hence why the other three teams in the 'best' category are largely due to having multiple studs. There is something to be said for depth though. Besides, the guys I have aren't necessarily slubs.

All that said, I just wanted to get some chatter going so I can see some opinions one way or the other. These things are much more fun when people chip in some analysis of other picks and not just on what their team is. If I'm really overestimating the usefulness of my mid-level WR's, feel free to tell me why and I'll take that into account for the next mock draft down the line. :goodposting:
I agree on the chatter part but I've had a busy schedule these past few days.I'll try and comment on most teams, starting with my own, throughout the week.

Jeff Pasquino said:
Draft Summary - WSL2

Jeff Pasquino

Pick Pos Player Team

02.16 QB4 Drew Brees NO/4

08.16 QB31 Trent Edwards Buf/6

I went a little early for Brees, which also forced me away from Colston and Deuce McAllister (but not Meachem late). The reason? I thought the Top 7 QBs would be gone by my next round (4/5 turn) as QBs often go quickly, and I didn't want to miss out. Brees is one of the few QBs I think is pretty stable and likely to put up Top 5 numbers - and have some 3-4 TD games.Edwards won out (due to Lee Evans) over Jamarcus as QB2, so hopefully that was a good call. I considered Losman at 20.16, but didn't think it would help as much as Buckhalter.

LT2 leads the way, which means two things - you're picking near the top and that you can sluff RB2. I did just that but still got a Top 20 RB from last season and a Pro Bowler in Fred Taylor as my RB2, which is great. I don't see much change in Jacksonville, so he should be a nice starter for me. Dunn? Who knows how that plays out in ATL (or possibly elsewhere). Charles is a rookie with good hands and if he lands in the right spot he could get me a few weeks' worth of value. Rookies are nice because of their upside potential, but after the first 2-3 it becomes a crapshoot, especially not knowing their team yet. Lastly, C-Buck as the last RB off the board (RB81) was a great value pick. He was the last RB I would have considered really, and even with Westbrook firmly ahead of him he does get a few games where he finds the end zone and gets some points. Hopefully that happens at the right time. He's also shown that if Westy is out he can carry the load, which would also be a big gainer for this team.

WRs make or break your Survivor League, especially with start 3, best ball, PPR format. Driver should be $ again as Favre really favors him to move the chains, and the low TDs was an anomaly that should return to decent totals next year. AJ is a PPR machine. Engram is Hass's favorite target, and with Branch possibly gone for the year to IR and Hackett hitting FA, Engram could be due for an even better year - which is fantastic considering his numbers last year. So, my starters are Engram, Driver and AJ. Good start.

Isaac Bruce is a slow but steady veteran for production, a nice WR4 option. Should he leave STL (50/50) and go to Mike Martz in SF (20% chance?), Bennett gets a shot to start. That'd be great news for this team.

WR6 and WR7 are second year receivers that could be starting for their teams. Jake Delhomme just mentioned today that he believes in Jarrett, and that Year 1 was his redshirt year. Sean Payton has said that Meachem will have a chance to start and he battled through injuries last year. Coach speak maybe? Sure - but given where I got these two, I'll take my chances.

There's about a 5% chance I have 7 WR1 or WR2s on this team, which would make this team virtually unstoppable should that happen.

07.01 TE8 Jeremy Shockey NYG/9

12.16 TE18 Jeff King Car/7

Certainly need Shockey to return to form, but could be a nice steal where I got him. Just missed on Dallas Clark, and then I was really disappointed that I missed out on LJ Smith (thanks again jeter :goodposting: ) but King should be a $$ TE2. He did quite well with Delhomme last year in the first 3 games, and he was a big scorer in this format with 47 catches, one less than Heath Miller. If he finds the end zone more often (Jason Witten theory) then he's a great pickup.I think this duo could surprise, but TE thefts were a problem in this draft (Dallas Clark, LJ Smith). That's what you get at the turn.

14.16 PK13 Adam Vinatieri Ind/6

16.16 PK21 Matt Stover Bal/8

Arguably the best set of kickers in any WSL - and I say that without looking at others. Stover's rock solid, and we don't get bonuses for distance. Adam V is a HOF kicker (I think) and he gets the benefit of the Colts offense and being in a dome. I think last year was a down year for him, and he was still a good scorer (Tied for 9th in this format).I went a little early for K2, but I expected a run (which didn't happen) and the K27-32 options seemed very iffy.

13.01 DEF16 Jacksonville Jac/4

15.01 DEF29 Oakland Oak/5
Wanted a Top 10 defense, especially in yardage, so Jax fits the bill. Surprised GB went so early, but I liked their schedule too. Jax's schedule of opponents looks good, as does Oakland, and both are opportunistic. I like the return aspects as well, so ST may help me also_Overall, I like the team. It is true you have to reach a little at the turn and fear some runs (as with me taking 2 K's earlier than most), but overall I like the value.

Good draft everyone, and feedback / thoughts welcome.

I'll try to do a write up or two each day starting with my own team:

Atomic Punk

QB - C. Palmer CIN (2.15)

QB - J. Russell OAK (9.02)

The NFL is a copycat league, so more teams will move towards a more open passing attack. I may have taken Palmer a little early, but my succes in the past has been based on having a top end QB and quantity rather than upper-end quality at WR. Hopefully things will stay true to form and Palmer will prove me right. Russell is a decent backup and was a solid pick at 9.02.

RB - A. Peterson MIN (1.02)

RB - L. White TEN (3.02)

RB - J. Stewart Rookie (5.02)

RB - C. Henry TEN (13.02)]

RB - D. Ward NYG (18.15)

RB - K. Irons CIN (19.02)

Peterson is a stud! His showing at this year and at the Pro Bowl is just the beginning. Hopefully he will not be on the cover of Madden next year, otherwise I'm screwed. I'm somewhat cautious due to the crappy Minny passing attack, but I'm hoping to see some slow and steady improvements at QB (or a replacement for Tavarius).

I love the Titans commitment to the run and feel confident I have my RB2 locked up with Lendale and Henry. Some may think it was a little early, but you need to take some chances at the turn.

The more I see and read about Stewart, the more I'm loving this pick. If he ends up on a team like HOU or SEA, this pick is gold.

I got a little nervous of my running backs near the end and went with the back-to-back picks of Ward and Irons. Although I think both are likely to produce, I may have been better served taking one of the two WRs Jeff took (Jarrett or Meachem) or a back up TE. Irons, in particular could be a steal.

TE - D. Clark IND (4.15)

Indy is sure to keep Clark and he is :confused: for receptions and in the redzone. AT 2 PPR you need a stud TE and Clark should continue at the pace he set this year. Although I've seen quite a few other teams that do this with TE, D/ST or K, I've never gone without a backup before and this makes me just a little nervous.

WR - V. Jackson SD (6.15)

WR - S. Moss WAS (7.02)

WR - R. Williams TEN (8.15)

WR - A. Davis HOU/FA (10.15)

WR - E. Wilford JAX/FA (12.15)

WR - M. Kelly Rookie (17.02)

WR - J. Hardy Rookie (20.15)

My biggest weakness. I probably should have taken a sure thing like Ward or Mason in round five, but I tend to shy away from older players, especially in the early rounds.

As for the guys on my team, I really like the potential in VJax and Williams. They could both make the jump this year and start to reach their potential. Moss will be consistent, if he can stay on the field. A. Davis was a bit of a reach for me, but I have a strange feeling this guy is going to get signed for big money as a FA, and the team that signs him will want to get their monies worth.

Wilford also fits this description, but to a lesser degree in my mind. I hope he goes to a team like Oakland to catch some corner fade routes from Russell. I'm hoping that either Kelly or Hardy step up in their rookie season. History is not on my side for rookie WRs, but if any of the current crop of WRs will do it, I think it will be one of these two. If not ... I may be in a little trouble.

D/ST - San Diego "Super"Chargers (11.02)

D/ST - New York Jets (14.15)

The Chargers are :confused: . The Jets were a reach :bag: . In hindsight, I should have nabbed Muhammed or a backup TE in round 14 and I still could have got Cleveland D/ST in round 17.

The Jets ... what was I thinking! :doh:

K - J. Scobee JAX (15.02)

K - S. Suisham WAS (16.15)

I love my kickers and think both will be in the top 10, pending injuries. They better ... I took Scobee before other "name" kickers like Bironas and Vinatieri.

Overall, I like this team a lot and think it can easily compete for a title. A lot hinges on my theory of quantity over quality at WR and that Palmer will make the next step into the Brady/Manning tier.

Later, Punk

Reaper

Pick Pos Player Team

05.13 QB14 Donovan McNabb Phi/5

08.04 QB50 Matt Leinart Ari/8

01.13 RB16 Marshawn Lynch Buf/6

02.04 RB32 Laurence Maroney NE/10

11.13 RB63 Lorenzo Booker Mia/9

14.04 RB74 Cadillac Williams TB/10

09.13 RB89 Ahmad Bradshaw NYG/9

04.04 WR18 Greg Jennings GB/7

03.13 WR27 Santonio Holmes Pit/6

06.04 WR39 Laveranues Coles NYJ/10

12.04 WR56 Antwaan Randle El Was/4

16.04 WR63 Muhsin Muhammad Chi/9

10.04 WR77 Laurent Robinson Atl/8

19.13 WR105 Craig Davis SD/7

13.13 TE15 Eric Johnson NO/4

07.13 TE16 Ben Watson NE/10

15.13 PK25 Jeff Wilkins StL/9

20.04 PK29 Olindo Mare NO/4

18.04 DEF15 Cincinnati Cin/5

17.13 DEF30 Atlanta Atl/8

Being a WSL, and being at the bottom half at the draft, I approached this draft conservatively… People say that doesn’t win SLs and such, But, from my experience I think a solid team up and down does well in SL’s with an unexpected pop or two without the unexpected loss to injury or retirement – last year Brady and Moss were those pops for a lot of people, Great value where they were taken in the WSL’s…

As usual there’s pretty fine line of TOP Tier 1-2 Wr’s that drops off at some point in round 3 in these things.. Most ssl veterans place a lot of value on WR”s and to me The top half of this draft has the very enticing option of going Stud RB Plus 2 Stud WR”s that the bottom half really doesn’t have…… I think I like Jeff’s team a lot more with another top WR and then a QB comittee later on over Brees but, we’ll see…. For the 1st few rounds I don’t see too many hard choices at the top, it’s the bottom half where the early decisions and route of the draft go… I think the comments on the draft let it be known that that WR drop was at WR14 Burress….

So, I went Maroney / Lynch – 2 Guys that I think will become more and more a part of their offense and Lynch is supposed to get more Receptions as well…Over guys like Barber and Grant.. Two guy’s that I already own in a Keeper league anyway and I don’t trust Dallas not to make that move for Mcfadden at this point but, who knows.

That made a tough decision in round 3-4 on my WR”s …. Welker was the guy most of us looked for and I rolled the dice thinking he may fall to round 4…. I might feel better right now with Welker / Jennings over Holmes / Jennings but, it’s close and I think the NE offense has to come to earth a bit while the Steeler offense has some room to grow, IMO.

At 5 – 6 I thought I got great value in Mcnabb and Coles to round out a very solid core of

Mcnabb

Maroney

Lynch

Holmes

Jennings

Coles

Nothing earth shattering but, I think all of those guys are solid, low risk, and have the potential to do more this year. Coles isn't going anywhere, is the captain of that team and rarely misses games, I expect that offense to be somewhat better and Coles and Cotchery as 1a - 1b wr's.....

That left me with Ben Watson at TE and Leinart at backup QB – Lots of upside on Leinart and Ben isn’t the worst – I guess a great thing at this point for my team would be for NE not to keep Moss and Maroney / Watson becoming much of the offense.

After that it was filling in and, looking for value and getting your guys… I think I have a nice blend of quality and quantity at WR.

Overall, I like BK’s rating of top and bottom units above. When I look at that I feel like I can put my RB’s next in that Top lineup and the same thing with my WR’s… I feel like I have among the top QB tandems and then some weakness at TE / K and D but, decent committees… Definitely one of the upper half teams in this thing.

One guy I want to mention is Lorenzo Booker…. From the other WSL it looks like I reached but, I tend to think the ADP’s will trend more toward where I got him, probably in the middle. I look at guys Like Ray Rice and to me, he’s no better coming out of college than Booker and Booker has a year under his belt now on a team that was mismanaged and Parcells will look to utilize it’s weapons and Booker is one of those weapons in my book – Then add in that Ronnie Brown will be coming back from injury and Ricky is Ricky plus the fact that I think Miami should use Booker a lot regardless as the change of pace and has worked some at WR, I think this guy climbs up the charts…..One of those guys I would have winced if I saw him go somewhere else but, yeah, in retrospect there were a few similar guys like Sproles that went much later. I was also surprised when I compared Booker's stats to my man Leon Washington and they weren't that far off per game....

As usual there's pretty fine line of TOP Tier 1-2 Wr's that drops off at some point in round 3 in these things.. Most ssl veterans place a lot of value on WR"s and to me The top half of this draft has the very enticing option of going Stud RB Plus 2 Stud WR"s that the bottom half really doesn't have…… I think I like Jeff's team a lot more with another top WR and then a QB comittee later on over Brees but, we'll see…. For the 1st few rounds I don't see too many hard choices at the top, it's the bottom half where the early decisions and route of the draft go… I think the comments on the draft let it be known that that WR drop was at WR14 Burress….
To speak to this for a minute - I knew I'd definitely find 7 WRs, and maybe even go 8 deep at WR with 20 picks.That said, I also knew I'd be getting WRs early, but living at the first turn I had to pick and choose my values. Taking QB3 at the 2/3 turn afforded me a few things - (A) A QB in the Top 7 (second tier, sure, but I see a good drop after about 7 QBs), (B) the ability to sluff QB2 a bit, © a QB who can post some bigger games, and (D) allowing me to focus at WR more over the next picks (3 of the picks from 3-6 were WRs). I was later proven correct as 7 QBs were gone by my next turn, although I see Hass and Big Ben as still Top 7-8 quality.

I could have gone QBBC, but I'd likely be flying with 2 average QBs and I'd likely have to have taken them at the 6/7 turn, which would have given me QBs 17 and 18 in this draft. I wound up with 3 and 25, which I think is a better trade, and also got to get WR3 and TE1 before taking QB2. I think that worked out better than going RB-WRx3-RB-QB-QB, which would have hurt me more at WR4 and TE1.

OldMilwaukee said:
LT2 leads the way
If you say so! As was already known, I would have taken Addia at the first slot. :thumbup: I believe the wear and tear is getting the attention of the coaching staff,who will have no choice but to reduce LT's early season workload to preserve a playoff run.Of course I could be wrong! :moneybag: You are right, Brees was to early, and you suckered me in to your paranoid thought of a run on quarterback. My bad! :thumbup: Envious of your WR's with the exception of Bruce. Surly he done! :lmao:
Every year I taken proven "geezers" later in drafts, overlooked by those who think they're done and can't do it again.I'll take my chances there rather than taking a younger "what could be" WR in favor of someone who has at least performed.......and Brees wasn't too early for me at all, considering what was available at 4/5.

Radballs

Pick Pos Player Team

A couple of guys who may help out with their legs. I'm expecting some serious improvement from Young, but I also know that Ten needs to give the guy a few weapons to work with. TJ has the same issues but less job security. Combining the two though, I am fairly confident that this pair won't necessarily kill me. But, they could.

SJ should rebound if he can stay healthy. TJ had far fewer FPs because of his lack of TDs in 2007. But, I was happy to get a guy who rushed for 1,200+ rushing yards last year in the fifth round. TD production tends to not be very predictive in season X+1, but I believe more than 20 touches per game is. Benson so far has been a bust no doubt. But, in the 9th he's got potential even if he doesn't even sniff receptions. Leonard is just a handcuff and Rhodes is a shot in the dark if Oakland's game changes drastically.

Arguably, the best crew here of all 16 teams. Only six deep. Still wondering if Walker walking would improve or help my team's chances. Stokley in the 10th was a steal in order to lock in a WR3BC, but if Javon walks I may be better off. If Walker's health still sucks, I'm hoping I can withstand with the others making up a WR3 weekly contingency.

Miller was the absolute last guy I was willing to accept as my TE1. I was lucky he fell that far. I decided that tagging an additional two would pay for itself in case of bye week or other injury issues when they get 2 ppr in these leagues.

Two top 10 guys. Enough said.

Two top 10 defenses. Thought about a 3rd one but thought the 3rd TE might be more beneficial.

Arguably, the best crew here of all 16 teams. Only six deep. Still wondering if Walker walking would improve or help my team's chances. Stokley in the 10th was a steal in order to lock in a WR3BC, but if Javon walks I may be better off. If Walker's health still sucks, I'm hoping I can withstand with the others making up a WR3 weekly contingency.
Same for Booker... Funny When I was looking at WR's at that point I had a strong feeling that Booker would be cut.... When he went after my pick I was about to post that and then I was like Whoa... He's probably leaving Miami and thats... Bad???? Then I was like watch as soon as I post that, Mushin Muhamed will retire anyway...... All the fun of the early WSL's....

OldMilwaukee said:
Good posting :thumbup: and I really like your team, and agree with your survivor strategy.

However, I have to take exception with your QB selection in accordance with your stated conservative strategy.

At 5 – 6 I thought I got great value in Mcnabb......

Nothing earth shattering but, I think all of those guys are solid, low risk, and have the potential to do more this year.
Solid....yes (when he play's)

potential to do more....yes (if he plays 16 games)

Low risk....absolutly not!!

I see McNabb as the oposite of a "conservative", "low risk" pick. He's averaged 5 missed games per season over the last three years. With Leinart as your number two I see a great deal of risk at your QB position.

Just playing the role of critic and see this as a potential pitfall in a very good strategy!
:goodposting: Very Fair.....I was really just trying to spark some talk as well.... I can see your point.

Picking from the 16 hole is always tough, but it's doubly so here in the WSL's. Not only do you have no chance at a higher end RB1, but if you decide on 2 low end RB1's (high end RB2's?), then you are doomed at WR. Take two WR's and then spend a ton of picks hoping to catch a lot of lightning at RB...leaving your WR depth shallow, even if it's great at the top.

The best bet, in my mind, is to take a balanced approach, with the one weaker RB1 and a strong WR1. IN WSL, you can spend an extra pick on a RB and still hope to catch SOME lightning.

Pick Pos Player Team

05.16 QB11 Jay Cutler Den/6

07.16 QB13 Jon Kitna Det/6

I was happy with Cutler where I got him, but I had my eye on McNabb the whole way. I never expected to actually catch McNabb though from this draft position, and wasn't willing to stretch that far in the third. General perception/ranking on him has dropped so far though, I did have reason to hope he'd survive till the end of the fifth. There were loud curses heard in my home when he was taken just a few picks ahead of me. I like Cutler more in dynasty then surviver as I think he's likely to remain a little inconsistant for another year. For that reason, I didn't wait too long for my backup. Would have preferred a safer one then Kitna, but none other had so much upside where I got him. This could be a very good combo.

01.16 RB18 Willie Parker Pit/6

10.01 RB43 Leon Washington NYJ/10

20.01 RB59 Michael Pittman TB/10

12.01 RB62 Ahman Green Hou/10

08.01 RB9999 Rashard Mendenhall FA

Parker is obviously not my favorite as a RB1, but I can't complain too much. He should be a safe pick, and there is certainly plenty of reason to be optimistic about his chances to crack the top 7 or 8 RB's. I felt fortunate to be able to grab him there, making it much easier to grab my WR1 at this turn. I put off taking my second RB longer then I meant to, as I kept seeing better value elsewhere. On the surface, this may be among the weaker RB groups in our WSL, but it has a very high ceiling. Obviously, Mendenhall is a top RB prospect and could factor in huge. I like Washington, and it wouldn't shock me to see him become a MUCH bigger part of the Jets attack. Who knows what happens with Green...but seemed a fair gamble with huge upside where I took him. As weak as this group looks today....it wouldn't take too many breaks for it to end among the strongest.

02.01 WR2 Reggie Wayne Ind/6

03.16 WR20 Jerricho Cotchery NYJ/10

06.01 WR26 Bernard Berrian Chi/9

17.16 WR92 Brandon Jones Ten/4

11.16 WR93 Devin Hester Chi/9

19.16 WR101 Troy Williamson Min/5

18.01 WR9999 Early Doucet FA

I was thrilled to get Wayne as my WR1, as he's #1 on my personal rankings also. I was even more thrilled to get Cotchery as WR2...the kid is being overlooked. He was solid this year and has nowhere to go but up (barring injury of course). Berrian should be a solid WR3, but I think Jones could easily outscore him many weeks. With substantial upside potential in Doucet (depending on where he ends up), I think this is my strongest area.

04.01 TE5 Chris Cooley Was/4

09.16 TE22 Marcedes Lewis Jac/4

I'm not as high as some others are on Cooley, but I wanted someone fairly high ranked and reasonably safe at TE1, and he fit the bill. I didn't feel like I could afford to wait for the next turn (because of 2 PPR), and everyone else in the area seemed to carry a higher risk. I love the potential of Lewis as TE2, but don't expect more then a few scoring weeks from him unless Cooley gets hurt.

At K/DEF I reached a little to make sure I had two of each (another area where drafting at the end really hurts.) I'm not in love with my selections, but they are safe, and I have two of each.

Overall, I like my team for where I drafted. If Mendenhall is a decent starter somewhere, I'll have a good chance to go deep. If not, I'm probably destined for a mid-season exit.

Radballs

Pick Pos Player Team

A couple of guys who may help out with their legs. I'm expecting some serious improvement from Young, but I also know that Ten needs to give the guy a few weapons to work with. TJ has the same issues but less job security. Combining the two though, I am fairly confident that this pair won't necessarily kill me. But, they could.

SJ should rebound if he can stay healthy. TJ had far fewer FPs because of his lack of TDs in 2007. But, I was happy to get a guy who rushed for 1,200+ rushing yards last year in the fifth round. TD production tends to not be very predictive in season X+1, but I believe more than 20 touches per game is. Benson so far has been a bust no doubt. But, in the 9th he's got potential even if he doesn't even sniff receptions. Leonard is just a handcuff and Rhodes is a shot in the dark if Oakland's game changes drastically.

Miller was the absolute last guy I was willing to accept as my TE1. I was lucky he fell that far. I decided that tagging an additional two would pay for itself in case of bye week or other injury issues when they get 2 ppr in these leagues.

Two top 10 defenses. Thought about a 3rd one but thought the 3rd TE might be more beneficial.
Currently, I would make Radballs the favorite to win it all!Good draft ! :lmao:

OldMilwaukee said:
Cutler and Kitna were great grabs. I wish I had waited! :hot:

Overall, I like my team for where I drafted. If Mendenhall is a decent starter somewhere, I'll have a good chance to go deep.
Thats one to many "if's" for a RB2 in this format (IMO). Agreed...but what other options were there?

If not, I'm probably destined for a early exit.
Fixed!

:stirspot:
Let's not forget Leon Washington also. It wouldn't shock me to see him get a much greater share of the carries/production in NY this year.While I probably am destined for an early exit, you almost have t take a chance drafting from the end....and Mendenhall is that chance here. :fingers crossed:

Radballs

Pick Pos Player Team

Good team Ollie.Only the QBs would bother me....

I like Leonard as most know, but I think there might be a different backup / handcuff for SJax this year.

Stokely is a steal and could easily be "Engram 2008" candidate - vet that "comes out of nowhere" and delivers. Not much downside barring injury either.

Interesting with 3 TEs, that's a different approach.

If your QBs average out to a QB10-type production, I think you're going to do well.

If Smiff returns to form Ollie's team is going to be scary.

Inconsistent QB play could be death though.

QB Ranks overall (EDITED for missing Schaub on jeter's team)

1. Thom Yorke - Roethlisberger & Pennington/Clemens

2. dpeease - Brady, Grossman and Quinn

3. old milwaukee - Romo & Warner

4. Duke1948 - P. Manning & Croyle

5. Jeff Pasquino - Brees & Edwards

6. Atomic Punk - Palmer & Russell

7. Shadowfax - E. Manning & Garrard

8. jeter23 - Phillip Rivers & Schaub/Sage Rosenfels

9. Reaper - McNabb & Leinart

10. Boston Fred - Favre & Smith (assuming Favre comes back, otherwise rank this dead last)

11. busman - Bulger & Delhomme & Lemon

12. renesauz - Cutler & Kitna

13. Valence - Anderson & Garcia

14. Aaron Rudnicki - Hasselbeck/Seneca Wallace & Matt Ryan

15. Radballs - Young & T. Jackson

16. Blue-Kun - Campbell/Collins & Shaun Hill

Feel free to rip apart, I had a hard time with some of the middle picks and the top was a real toss-up. I'm not as confident with QB's the other skills positions, much more difficult to compare stud + back-up to two middle of the roaders.

For example, Eli + Garrard this year would've put you in the top 10 QB pts with only 15 games between them with a PPG of 23.4.

Blue-Kun said:
QB Ranks overall1. Thom Yorke - Roethlisberger & Pennington/Clemens 2. dpeease - Brady, Grossman and Quinn 3. old milwaukee - Romo & Warner4. Duke1948 - P. Manning & Croyle5. Jeff Pasquino - Brees & Edwards6. Atomic Punk - Palmer & Russell7. Shadowfax - E. Manning & Garrard8. Reaper - McNabb & Leinart 9. Boston Fred - Favre & Smith (assuming Favre comes back, otherwise rank this dead last)10. busman - Bulger & Delhomme & Lemon11. renesauz - Cutler & Kitna12. Valence - Anderson & Garcia 13. Aaron Rudnicki - Hasselbeck/Seneca Wallace & Matt Ryan 14. Radballs - Young & T. Jackson 15. Blue-Kun - Campbell/Collins & Shaun Hill16. jeter23 - Phillip Rivers & Sage RosenfelsFeel free to rip apart, I had a hard time with some of the middle picks and the top was a real toss-up. I'm not as confident with QB's the other skills positions, much more difficult to compare stud + back-up to two middle of the roaders.For example, Eli + Garrard this year would've put you in the top 10 QB pts with only 15 games between them with a PPG of 23.4.
Not bad, but how can you have both KWarner and Leinart in the top half?

Blue-Kun said:
QB Ranks overall1. Thom Yorke - Roethlisberger & Pennington/Clemens 2. dpeease - Brady, Grossman and Quinn 3. old milwaukee - Romo & Warner4. Duke1948 - P. Manning & Croyle5. Jeff Pasquino - Brees & Edwards6. Atomic Punk - Palmer & Russell7. Shadowfax - E. Manning & Garrard8. Reaper - McNabb & Leinart 9. Boston Fred - Favre & Smith (assuming Favre comes back, otherwise rank this dead last)10. busman - Bulger & Delhomme & Lemon11. renesauz - Cutler & Kitna12. Valence - Anderson & Garcia 13. Aaron Rudnicki - Hasselbeck/Seneca Wallace & Matt Ryan 14. Radballs - Young & T. Jackson 15. Blue-Kun - Campbell/Collins & Shaun Hill16. jeter23 - Phillip Rivers & Sage RosenfelsFeel free to rip apart, I had a hard time with some of the middle picks and the top was a real toss-up. I'm not as confident with QB's the other skills positions, much more difficult to compare stud + back-up to two middle of the roaders.For example, Eli + Garrard this year would've put you in the top 10 QB pts with only 15 games between them with a PPG of 23.4.
I realize it won't move me to the top of the list, but I got Schaub as well.

Not bad, but how can you have both KWarner and Leinart in the top half?
Romo has outscored Peyton Manning for the last 2 years and I think he's shown to be, at least for FF purposes, is someone you can count on to come up big week in and week out. He only had 2 weeks under 20 points and one of those was week 17. So I was going to rank that QB tandem high no matter who the back-up was. Warner could play 0 games this season and I'd still put OM's QB in the top 5 at least. The thing with Kurt Warner is he's a high upside back-up, so if he does get to start for any signficant period of time then OM has two guys that have a good shot at finishing in the top 10 in this format's QB scoring. Same reasoning goes for McNabb + Leinart. At the moment Leinart is the starter and McNabb is still in Philly (where I believe he'll stay this year), so that's two starting QB's, one of which has shown if you can get at least 10-12 games out of he'll typically land in the top 15 of QB scoring. It's possible I'm overranking McNabb's usefulness, but I see the same injury risks in Bulger and the same question marks at 'well how good is this guy really?' in Delhomme and that pairing is only ranked two lower. Speaking of that area, Cutler's upside is awfully appealing, so I may be playing with renesauz's ranking a bit more.

Blue-Kun said:
QB Ranks overall (EDITED for missing Schaub on jeter's team)1. Thom Yorke - Roethlisberger & Pennington/Clemens 2. dpeease - Brady, Grossman and Quinn 3. old milwaukee - Romo & Warner4. Duke1948 - P. Manning & Croyle5. Jeff Pasquino - Brees & Edwards6. Atomic Punk - Palmer & Russell7. Shadowfax - E. Manning & Garrard8. jeter23 - Phillip Rivers & Schaub/Sage Rosenfels9. Reaper - McNabb & Leinart 10. Boston Fred - Favre & Smith (assuming Favre comes back, otherwise rank this dead last)11. busman - Bulger & Delhomme & Lemon 12. renesauz - Cutler & Kitna 13. Valence - Anderson & Garcia 14. Aaron Rudnicki - Hasselbeck/Seneca Wallace & Matt Ryan 15. Radballs - Young & T. Jackson 16. Blue-Kun - Campbell/Collins & Shaun HillFeel free to rip apart, I had a hard time with some of the middle picks and the top was a real toss-up. I'm not as confident with QB's the other skills positions, much more difficult to compare stud + back-up to two middle of the roaders.For example, Eli + Garrard this year would've put you in the top 10 QB pts with only 15 games between them with a PPG of 23.4.
Thanks. I probably wouldn't put my group at the very top, but I do like them quite a bit. Think I'd give the Cutler/Kitna combo a slight boost, as well as Bulger/Delhomme (just a gut feeling that Delhomme will wind up being a nice value pick this season).

Thought I'd kill some time during lunch and start to put in my $0.02 for some of the teams ...

09 Boston Fred Brett Favre, QB10 Green Bay

8.08 Boston Fred Alex Smith, QB23 San Francisco

I have a feeling Favre will return this season, but if he doesn't you are screwed! Smith is on shaky ground. With 6pts per passing TD and your success hanging on the arm of the oft-rumored retired Favre, this could be a short season for you.

1.09 Boston Fred Larry Johnson, RB9 Kansas City

6.08 Boston Fred Deuce McAllister, RB33 New Orleans

7.09 Boston Fred Rudi Johnson, RB35 Cincinnati

16.08 Boston Fred Tatum Bell, RB65 Detroit

17.09 Boston Fred TJ Duckett, RB69 Detroit

18.08 Boston Fred Darren Sproles, RB71 San Diego

I agree with your assessment of both KJ and Sproles, the latter who I believe is a steal in the 18th round. Deuce and Rudi both would worry me, but even if you only hit on one of them you should be okay. I'm higher on Duckett than Bell and think he may make some noise this year.

3.09 Boston Fred Plaxico Burress, WR14 New York Giants

4.08 Boston Fred Marvin Harrison, WR21 Indianapolis

9.09 Boston Fred Ronald Curry, WR51 Oakland

10.08 Boston Fred Amani Toomer, WR59 New York Giants

11.09 Boston Fred Jabar Gaffney, WR68 New England

14.08 Boston Fred Drew Carter, WR77 Carolina(?)

Next to my team, this may be one of the lesser WR groupings. But I don't think it will be your downfall. There is enough talent ... the question is will they show up?

2.08 Boston Fred Kellen Winslow, TE2 Cleveland

20.08 Boston Fred Ben Utecht, TE30 Indianapolis

Solid pairing. I don't think Winslow will continue to put up numbers like this year, but who knows he may still get better. Utecht is nothing more than a filler. With KJ's injury history, I thought you may have snagged a backup earlier.

15.09 Boston Fred Jason Elam, PK11 Denver

19.09 Boston Fred Matt Bryant, PK28 Tampa Bay

12.08 Boston Fred Chicago Bears, DEF6

13.09 Boston Fred Tennessee Titans, DEF14

Solid grouping of K and D/ST.

Overall I'd give it a C. If Favre announces his return, then you have yourself a B-

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :bag: :bag: :lmao:

I think 1 of my kickers retired and the other one failed his physical.

Please don't confirm.

Mare - Wilkins

P.S. I think we should go to TEAM kickers. Starting...............................NOW.

My QBs getting a slight bump with FA. Tarvaris gets Berrian and V. Young now getting Crumpler should help a bit.

LT2 leads the way, which means two things - you're picking near the top and that you can sluff RB2. I did just that but still got a Top 20 RB from last season and a Pro Bowler in Fred Taylor as my RB2, which is great. I don't see much change in Jacksonville, so he should be a nice starter for me. Dunn? Who knows how that plays out in ATL (or possibly elsewhere). Charles is a rookie with good hands and if he lands in the right spot he could get me a few weeks' worth of value. Rookies are nice because of their upside potential, but after the first 2-3 it becomes a crapshoot, especially not knowing their team yet. Lastly, C-Buck as the last RB off the board (RB81) was a great value pick. He was the last RB I would have considered really, and even with Westbrook firmly ahead of him he does get a few games where he finds the end zone and gets some points. Hopefully that happens at the right time. He's also shown that if Westy is out he can carry the load, which would also be a big gainer for this team.
Dunn's status hurts. Hope he goes to Tampa.

WRs make or break your Survivor League, especially with start 3, best ball, PPR format. Driver should be $ again as Favre really favors him to move the chains, and the low TDs was an anomaly that should return to decent totals next year. AJ is a PPR machine. Engram is Hass's favorite target, and with Branch possibly gone for the year to IR and Hackett hitting FA, Engram could be due for an even better year - which is fantastic considering his numbers last year. So, my starters are Engram, Driver and AJ. Good start.

Isaac Bruce is a slow but steady veteran for production, a nice WR4 option. Should he leave STL (50/50) and go to Mike Martz in SF (20% chance?), Bennett gets a shot to start. That'd be great news for this team.

WR6 and WR7 are second year receivers that could be starting for their teams. Jake Delhomme just mentioned today that he believes in Jarrett, and that Year 1 was his redshirt year. Sean Payton has said that Meachem will have a chance to start and he battled through injuries last year. Coach speak maybe? Sure - but given where I got these two, I'll take my chances.

There's about a 5% chance I have 7 WR1 or WR2s on this team, which would make this team virtually unstoppable should that happen.
:goodposting: :thumbup:

If Gates missed more than the first 1-2 games, I'm dead, but otherwise for FA I'm happy Turner landed in Atlanta. JAX WR situation ended up a bit more awkward than I thought it would be thought, hoping Northcutt still manages to start some games.

Well, at least I didn't take Favre.....

Fred, didn't you have Vick at this point last year... Talk about your WSL QB Killer!!!!!

shrug. I think anywhere he could have landed that has a good run blocking scheme (ATL was a mess last year, but they do) and he gets 200ish carries means he's a top 15 guy or better. In addition he'll likely be getting the goal line carries, so that helps.

I actually think Houston would've been the worst place he could have landed, but it doesn't really matter now.

Finally got around to putting some thoughts together on my team...

QB: Bulger, Delhomme, Lemon

I like Bulger and Delhomme as a combo; I believe Delhomme will have a Top 5 year if he can stay healthy. Didn't he have a big year last time he has Moose and Smith to throw to? Lemon as the backup in Jacksonville isn't the best, and he probably won't end up scoring any points for me this year.

RB: Westbrook, J. Lewis, Sammy Morris, Jason Wright, Kevin Smith ®

Westbrook and J. Lewis as my top 2 have me feeling pretty good, considering Lewis hadn't resigned in Cleveland at the time I drafted him. Hopefully Morris comes back completely from his busted chest---the Patriots really used him well in the early part of the 2007 season. Wright is a 'cuff and Kevin Smith is a flyer---who knows what'll happen with him

WR: Torry Holt, Calvin Johnson, Patrick Crayton, Bryant Johnson, Steve Smith (NYG), Devard Darling

I'm no expert at these SLs, so maybe I goofed by not getting another receiver. I expect solid production from Bulger to Holt, and a big leap forward for CJ in year two. Crayton should be solid as the #2 in Dallas, while Bryant Johnson in San Fran doesn't seem too hot. I'm hopefully that Smith's progress in the later portions of the 2007 season help him land the #2 gig in NY. Darling is in KC now, which is so hot either. Maybe he can be the new Eddie Kennison?

TE: Todd Heap, Kevin Boss

Gotta hope Heap comes back strong and fully healthy in 2008. The Boss pick is a bet that he gets phased in to the game plan more and more and Shockey gets a little less time. This pick could really backfire though. Imagine if Shockey comes back strong and Heap isn't healed---I'd be totally screwed.

PK: Gould, Janikowski

Kickers...

DEF: Seattle, Detroit

Who knows how this combo will perform? At least there are some week Os in their respective divisions.

I feel so so about my team overall---probably got a middle of the pack team here.

Lots of fun and thanks for having me guys.

Users who are viewing this thread