What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 Anarchy's ******* Love Child League Thread (1 Viewer)

Just as a toss in . . . what are the three NFL teams that have not played in a wild card round game since 2010?
one is probably NE because their division sucks and they basically start every year 6-0 so they end up with a #1 or #2 seed 

one is probably NE because their division sucks and they basically start every year 6-0 so they end up with a #1 or #2 seed 
Yes. TB, CLE, and NE.

And not to drag things out or debate things, the Patriots winning percentage for the past 18 years has essentially been the same in division, in conference, and out of conference. They won at the same clip no matter who they played. Certainly it would be impossible to prove, but if they had played in another division, all that would change is the teams in that division would have lost a lot more . . . and people would say they played in a different weakest division other than the AFC Least.

As for your 6-0 comment, since 2001 they have gone 6-0 in the division twice, 5-1 eight times, and 4-2 eight times. Sure, their division likely has helped them, but BUF / MIA / NYJ out of division records have been better then other division's out of division records (AFC East divisional record not including NE was middle of the pack last I looked at it). Put another way, in those eight 4-2 (.667) seasons, that lowered their overall winning percentage (usually .750 to .875 in a season), meaning they won at a highest rate OUT of their division.

Yes. TB, CLE, and NE.

And not to drag things out or debate things, the Patriots winning percentage for the past 18 years has essentially been the same in division, in conference, and out of conference. They won at the same clip no matter who they played. Certainly it would be impossible to prove, but if they had played in another division, all that would change is the teams in that division would have lost a lot more . . . and people would say they played in a different weakest division other than the AFC Least.

As for your 6-0 comment, since 2001 they have gone 6-0 in the division twice, 5-1 eight times, and 4-2 eight times. Sure, their division likely has helped them, but BUF / MIA / NYJ out of division records have been better then other division's out of division records (AFC East divisional record not including NE was middle of the pack last I looked at it). Put another way, in those eight 4-2 (.667) seasons, that lowered their overall winning percentage (usually .750 to .875 in a season), meaning they won at a highest rate OUT of their division.
and also not to drag it on too much because there really is no arguing that BUF/NYJ/MIA have been pretty god awful in the 2000's.....(maybe a break through here or there) ...the year Brady got hurt etc....but in there have also been things like the MIA miracle last year.....and several years where the Pats have things locked up and have end of season games against BUF/MIA/NYJ that don't really matter and players sit so there are a few meaningless wins thrown in there as well....

their epic collapse at the end of 2015 is the one that really sticks in my craw.....week 16 and 17 losses to NYJ (Fitz) and MIA (Tanny) to end the season and lose HFA to DEN who ends up beating them in the AFC Championship at Denver....

their epic collapse at the end of 2015 is the one that really sticks in my craw.....week 16 and 17 losses to NYJ (Fitz) and MIA (Tanny) to end the season and lose HFA to DEN who ends up beating them in the AFC Championship at Denver....
That's what happens when a huge portion of your team is decimated by injuries. That's what I was alluding to in comments about the Chiefs. You never know when multiple injuries to key players will hit that will derail a team.

That's what happens when a huge portion of your team is decimated by injuries. That's what I was alluding to in comments about the Chiefs. You never know when multiple injuries to key players will hit that will derail a team.
You never know when multiple injuries to key players will hit that will propel a teams backups into stars that win a Super Bowl.....2017 Eagles.

There is also another twist compared to the other leagues. Owners will have the option to swap out a position player or kicker for any player not on a roster (provided you still end up with a legal roster). The player being acquired could have been someone dropped by another owner (that's happened plenty of times). The one waiver claim happens between Week 1 and Week 2. Owners would forfeit the score from Week 1 from the dropped player and inherit the score from Week 1 of the player they added. Waiver wire claim order is the reverse order of the draft. 

I think that's mostly it.
I will be on vacation starting on Thursday and may not have access to this so hopefully we get to my replacement pick before then. 

I will be on vacation starting on Thursday and may not have access to this so hopefully we get to my replacement pick before then. 
You can PM me the player on your roster you would want to drop and some options for current free agents to replace him with.
It will be tough for you to select a dropped player if you won't be around.

We should have a better idea in a few days. You could always check in right before you are set to go and tell me something like:
If PLAYER X Y or X is still around, I would take one of them over _________________.

There really is only one likely candidate you would choose to drop.

There is also another twist compared to the other leagues. Owners will have the option to swap out a position player or kicker for any player not on a roster (provided you still end up with a legal roster). The player being acquired could have been someone dropped by another owner (that's happened plenty of times). The one waiver claim happens between Week 1 and Week 2. Owners would forfeit the score from Week 1 from the dropped player and inherit the score from Week 1 of the player they added. Waiver wire claim order is the reverse order of the draft. 
Boned again.

Maybe you guys drop someone I like though. :stirspot:

I am guessing there may be a delay until Bass gets back from researching the Argentine snake-necked turtle or whatever else he has been busy with of late.

Ruffrody sent me a message with about who to pick . . . which was Sproles. So I will have to reach out to find out what Plan B is.

Anarchy99 said:
It's been a feeding frenzy so far . . . I was not expecting as many swaps as we've had so far.
I'm in dead last through week 1, so even though I didn't suffer any injuries / camp cuts I felt I had to take a shot at an upgrade. I was really hoping Cain would fall to me but when he didn't, I figured a low-ceiling WR with a defined role on a low-wattage offense is better than a low-ceiling WR with no defined role on a low-wattage offense.

Maybe somewhat of a monkey's-paw option as from where I sit I don't need floor as much as ceiling. But the way I see it, my ceiling is "Gordon reports to camp later today" and my floor is "Gordon pulls a Bell and sits out the year". If the former, every extra point from this spot will help; if the latter I'm boned anyway, so I might as well plan for the best-case.

Not making Thursday at this point...maybe next Thursday 

Maybe after you make your choice you can send a message here with an “@“ to the next guy in line?

like @Maggot Brain 

Last edited by a moderator:
I am headed out of town later today and plan to have much less screen time so I will post here.

dropping Jalen Richard and adding either Wayne Gallman or Jarwin TE in that order

Making an executive decision and passing over TheGrimReaper. If he checks in, he can pick from any street free agent and any dropped player up until his team. If one of the available dropped players ends up on a different team before he gets back to be, that's his loss. Ice Cream Boy is up.

Unfortunately, since MFL has already scored and sent out the Week 1 results, I project it will be a PITA to get the first week's scores re-scored. I'll worry about it after we get all the rosters adjusted, but it may take awhile to get all the scores fixed.

Unfortunately, since MFL has already scored and sent out the Week 1 results, I project it will be a PITA to get the first week's scores re-scored. I'll worry about it after we get all the rosters adjusted, but it may take awhile to get all the scores fixed.
not really sure why we really need to go back and change week 1 scores to reflect new guys.....just do the add/drops and move on IMO...its actually a fairer representation of our draft and moves things forward like you would in a traditional league....you keep the points from the guy you dumped and assume the points moving forawrd only of the guy you picked up...

Last edited by a moderator:
not really sure why we really need to go back and change week 1 scores to reflect new guys.....just do the add/drops and move on IMO...its actually a fairer representation of our draft and moves things forward like you would in a traditional league....you keep the points from the guy you dumped and assume the points moving forawrd only of the guy you picked up...
Agreed ... why make this an order of magnitude harder on yourself than you need to? We're not playing the DK Millionaire Maker here.

Gotta feel for the new guy (nraloha). He ended up with . . .

Lamar Miller (IR)
Quincy Enunwa (IR)
Jordan Thomas (IR)

Well that kinda of figured into the add choice and the draft strategy.

Well that kinda of figured into the add choice and the draft strategy.
I get that....and that it may be too late now and some guys want those “points”but switching the points seems like something we maybe don’t need to do next year or whatever.....or if its too much trouble at this point 

I guess it didn't get to me yet.

I considered picking up Johnson but Ben and Jerrys nabbed him. So I will just keep what I have.

MFL's collective minds are blown at the concept and craziness of this league. The good news is I believe the rosters have been updated. The bad news is their scoring after the changes doesn't add up properly. But we are making progress.

MFL's collective minds are blown at the concept and craziness of this league. The good news is I believe the rosters have been updated. The bad news is their scoring after the changes doesn't add up properly. But we are making progress.
Just an FYI, my roster did not get updated. 

Just an FYI, my roster did not get updated. 
Yeah, a couple of quirky things happened. After the attempt to re-score the first week, one team lost a player altogether and you and another team didn't get the guy you wanted. I manually changed the rosters again. Hopefully they will be accurate next pass and hopefully they get the scoring right. It's really weird. On the Week 1 scoring page, for most teams the rosters are right and the individual player scoring is right. But the team totals when adding the player scores together are wrong. Weird. Not sure how that happened.

Ok. We allegedly are good to go, but to be safe everyone should check their rosters and make sure their scoring total is right. 

Patriots defense hung a quality 47 points on the board for me this week. I almost took them a round earlier but hoped they would make it back to me. They currently are the #7 overall scorer in ABLC so far. Maybe they can keep me in the hunt in this crazy scoring league . . .

Users who are viewing this thread