What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 Anarchy's ******* Love Child League Thread (1 Viewer)

In for both 2018 and 2019.  Thanks for giving me a second shot at 2018.
MFL had me roll over to the 2019 site . . . and then pulled up the 2018 site when I went to edit team / owner information. Not expecting that, I sent the invites to last year.

If my tabulating skills are holding up, we are at 20 confirmed in this thread and 23 (alleged) accepted invitations through the MFL site. There are still a few that I am not convinced are IN, but hopefully everyone will pay us a visit soon.

Signed in and ready.
I've got folks that have said yes that haven't signed in, I have guys that signed in but haven't communicated at all, I had guys in the other leagues that logged in and disappeared after that. I have people that haven't accepted the league invitation. To summarize, it's tough getting 32 guys to actually all get in a league together and actively participate. And if someone goes AWOL when w start the draft, people will be eager and vocal for me to replace that team. Just trying to get things to go smoothly . . .

I've got folks that have said yes that haven't signed in, I have guys that signed in but haven't communicated at all, I had guys in the other leagues that logged in and disappeared after that. I have people that haven't accepted the league invitation. To summarize, it's tough getting 32 guys to actually all get in a league together and actively participate. And if someone goes AWOL when w start the draft, people will be eager and vocal for me to replace that team. Just trying to get things to go smoothly . . .
That was merely my acknowledgement that I got the invitation, signed into the league and am ready to draft, there was no hidden meaning or other attempt at inference.

That was merely my acknowledgement that I got the invitation, signed into the league and am ready to draft, there was no hidden meaning or other attempt at inference.
I get it. Was just pointing out to the general populous that there often is still some confusion and grey areas in things.

Well, it looks like 31 of 32 people either confirmed here, emailed me, or accepted the league invite. Biabreakable apparently has gone walkabout.He's been pre-drafting in the regular leagues, so hopefully he will grace us with his presence once the draft starts. Of course, he has the #2 pick . . .

Well, it looks like 31 of 32 people either confirmed here, emailed me, or accepted the league invite. Biabreakable apparently has gone walkabout.He's been pre-drafting in the regular leagues, so hopefully he will grace us with his presence once the draft starts. Of course, he has the #2 pick . . .
@Biabreakable Sup?

I thought this fidnt start till Fridsy?

If it's my pick please take McCaffrey.
It doesn't officially start until Friday but I wasn't sure if were were still planning to participate. No biggie. I turned the draft on since the first two picks are already in.

1.20 Gurley, Todd LAR RB

2.13 Gordon, Melvin LAC RB (Q)

Safe to say I'm not going for a mid-pack finish with this start.

Anarchy99 said:
I have to remind myself NOT to look at the draft until I have to pick. Every guy I want ALMOST makes it to me otherwise. No point in getting hopes up,
I know what you mean.

I have been very fortunate this year with some of my first choices actually falling to me. 

I know what you mean.

I have been very fortunate this year with some of my first choices actually falling to me. 
heh ... in that case I've had my zeroth choices falling to me ... a.k.a. "guys I'd already assumed would be off the board when I mapped out a strategy" in Gurley, Gordon and now the Vance Dance. My entire plan coming into this draft was to load up at WR and punt RB/TE.  :o

Not sure how but I believe Preston Williams (MIA WR) may have been selected twice...I had him cued in the 9th but I believe someone got him in the 8th (at work with sh#tty service and restricted access). 

Not sure how but I believe Preston Williams (MIA WR) may have been selected twice...I had him cued in the 9th but I believe someone got him in the 8th (at work with sh#tty service and restricted access). 
That was ALBERT Wilson (MIA WR).

Team rzrback77 discussion - Dodds rankings in parenthesis

Team QB - New York Giants - waited very late, but with team QB there is no impact on when Manning loses the role to Jones. I suspect in team QBs the Giants could finish around 24, so I saw value in waiting and also with the selection of the NYGiants.

RB - Waited a while here also but goy three that reasonably will produce all season long - Guice (39), J RIchard (40) and J. WIlliams GN (61) a little below average according to Dodds rank, but I like Guice to finish above there. I see Richard with a lot of catches and this league is ppr for RBs. WIlliams was my best remaining when I grabbed the flex. He has a great chance at playoffs and should be the underside of the RBBC in Green Bay, hoping for 33% of the touches

WR - Here is where I hope to outscore the majority of teams - Michael Thomas (5), Mike WIlliams (24) and MVS GB (43) - with 32 teams and required three, there are 96 required WRs so these look good and all three with high likelihood of playoffs

TE - Andrews (16) BAL - only one is required and there is no bonus, so TE not as important to me as WR - I think Andrews finishes above 16 so a bit above average and some chance of playoffs

DST - Jacksonville (3) I love the Jaguars DST this season and with the Luck retirement, their SOS improved. I think that the Jags will make the playoffs so an added bonus

PK- still waiting on this one, but surprisingly there are still starting PKs left with a good chance at keeping their jobs. Two kickers each have already been drafted from Atlanta and Cleveland?

Good luck to all in this most interesting league anywhere!

I play an awful lot of FF, and have been doing so for a quarter-century now, but I can say with genuine sincerity that there is nothing quite like an ABLC draft.

1.20 - Todd Gurley, RB11 LAR
It's rare to be able to draft someone with #1 potential at pick 20. It's even more rare to be able to draft last year's *actual* #1 at pick 20. Injury concerns? It's the NFL. Unless you're Jordan Reed or Sammy Watkins, they shouldn't trump talent. Very high playoff potential. Also considered: none.

2.13 - Melvin Gordon, RB19 LAC
Not much has changed on the contract front since I made this pick two weeks ago, but I don't regret the pick (not yet, at least). This may be the best chance Gordon or the Chargers ever have to win a SB, and they both realize that. Going RB-RB is gonna leave some big holes elsewhere, but it's easier to justify when the two RBs are among the league's top 5 talents and offenses. High playoff potential. Also considered: C. Kupp.

3.20 - Vance McDonald, TE9 PIT
Gonna have to punt one position. Should it be QB or TE? To me, the choice is the former (read: much deeper). The notion of the Steelers' "vacated targets" is a bit hand-wavy when they  threw nearly 50 more passes then any other squad. Still, a 32-teamer is all about upside, and if there's one name at the position with the talent to make a Kittle-esque leap this season, it's McDonald. Moderate to high playoff potential. Also considered: C. Newton, R. Wilson.

4.13 - Dante Pettis, WR43 SFO
About as good as you can hope for when you wait until outside the top 100 for a WR1. Pettis acquitted himself well as a rookie catching passes from the likes of Nick Mullens and C.J. Beathard*; despite a slow August he should do better this time around with Garoppolo. Gets the nod over Shepard for the likely better offense. Also considered: S. Shepard.

* - Am I the only one out there who immediately renamed their fantasy team "See Jay Beat Hard" after Week 3 last season? Ummm, I am? Oh.  :mellow:

5.20 - 49ers (Jimmy Garoppolo), TMQB23 SFO
Last year I reached from a similar position in the ABLC draft to grab Cousins in the early 2nd to stack with my first-rounder, Diggs. Happily, my QB/WR1 stack this year comes at a far lower price point. Garoppolo should be serviceable at worst, and may even keep pace with names like Prescott at a cost several dozen picks lower. Moderate playoff potential. Also considered: none.

6.13 - Ka'imi Fairbairn, PK6 HOU
Still have a clear need at WR, but none of the names on the board here stand out. Decided to snag a top-tier option on a good offense instead of playing kicker chicken in the 8th-9th round. In retrospect, should have picked a WR out of a hat and settled for a more mid-tier PK next round. Moderate playoff potential. Also considered: T. Ginn, Q. Enunwa.

7.20 - Texans, DST12 HOU
My 7th-round DST in ABLC last year was the Bears. That worked out pretty well! Here's another unit with top-3 talent when healthy and a decent shot at winning their division. I'll gladly take that as the 12th team off the board. Just don't trade Clowney, you dolts. Moderate playoff potential. Also considered: D/ST Vikings, M. Boykin.

8.13 - Trey Quinn, WR86 WAS
The way I see it is: If Gurley and/or Gordon miss significant chunks of time, these last three picks don't matter anyway. If neither does, I should be in the running. Speaking from bitter experience, the difference between "in the running" and champion can be as few as 7 points. You close those gaps with boring 110-120 point seasons from little-known but ensconced role players while many other late-round fliers wind up being nothing more than camp sensations. Low playoff potential. Also considered: J. Meyers, M. Lee, R. Cobb.

9.20 - Marqise Lee, WR98 JAC
It's not a controversial statement that Nick Foles is a better quarterback than Blake Bortles. Why, then, are all non-Dede Jaguar receivers being treated by draftniks like they were dipped in plutonium? Reports are that Lee has recovered nicely from last season's injury, and he should have little trouble moving back into a starter's role. My third choice 40 picks ago, so an easy one here. Moderate playoff potential. Also considered: Keshawn Johnson.

10.13 - Ryquell Armstead, RB72 JAC
To this point, 29 of 32 NFL teams have had multiple running backs drafted. The Giants have Saquon. The Panthers have C-Mac. And the Jaguars have a commitment to a run-control offense and a #1 back with a two-down skillset who has never played a full season dating back to college. "One of these things is not like the other..." Moderate playoff potential. 

It's my 4th season doing this - in the three prior I finished 1st, 24th, and 2nd. And in keeping with that tradition, I'll probably again finish closer to one end or another than to the middle. I could get two top-5 RB seasons from the #20 and #45 overall picks, in which case a decent season from the 49ers alone will keep me in contention (though if it comes to that, playoff scoring is likely to rear its ugly head). Or I could get half a gimpy season from one and nothing at all from the other, in which case I'll be down there shoveling coal into the burner. 

Always a fun diversion from the usual draft routine - thanks as always to DD and good luck to all this year.  :hifive:

Every year I plane on coming up with a plan for ABLC . . . and every year I remember you really can't make a plan. I was essentially right in the middle of the draft. That's probably a little easier to tolerate than having to draft near the turn and seeing the equivalent of almost 5 rounds worth of picks in a normal draft come off the board between picks.

1.16 (16) Conner, James (RB7) . . . MFL ADP RB5
I figured there would be more startable WR's downstream than RB's, and PIT has a decent shot to make the playoffs. Conner did decent last year filling in for Bell. I have my doubts the PIT offense will be quite as effective without Brown. Other than having to now hope the Steelers do well, I don't hate taking him here.

2.17 (49) Michel, Sony (RB23) . . . MFL ADP RB24
Michel is one of those players that has huge upside but carries a decent injury risk. He's said to be working on his receiving skills, but I think NE will give him a few targets to keep defense honest. I also am concerned that he could have some TD's vultured by all the other Patriots RB's.  The chances are pretty good he gets extra games. Again, at this point, I thought the top producing WR's were long gone and the options of heavy use RB's was running out quickly.

3.16 (80) Green, A.J. (WR32) . . . MFL ADP WR31
There really hadn't been much news on Green since he got hurt in camp. The most recent update on him looks a little bleaker than at the time I picked him. If he only misses a couple of game, he is probably worth it. But if he missed half the season, this would be a poor pick.

4.17 (113) Westbrook, Dede (WR45) . . . MFL ADP WR40
I've heard good things about Westbrook. Who knows with Foles taking over at QB. But it sounds like Westbrook is slated to be the most targeted option in the Jags passing game. The issue is, it's the Jags passing game, which really wasn't all that productive the last few years.

5.16 (144) Crowder, Jamison (WR56) . . . MFL ADP WR60
I've posted in other places that MIA had the most receptions and yardage out of the slot over the past 3 seasons. Crowder may not be Landry, but he should see a ton of targets on the Jets. I felt the mid tier receivers were where the most value was. Guys that are NFL starters  that maybe weren't the top of the fantasy food chain, but at least they would see enough targets and wouldn't need help from injuries to be productive.

6.17 (177) Patriots Defense (DEF5) . . . MFL ADP DEF10
IMO, this is the best defensive unit NE has had in 15 years and their deepest overall roster since 2007. Sure, it looks like a homer pick, but I definitely wanted them as my defense and they most likely would not have made it all the way back to me.

7.16 (208) Richardson, Paul (WR75) . . . MFL ADP NR
WAS as a franchise gets so little fantasy coverage that very few Redskins players even get drafted. Clearly someone has to catch the ball. Richardson was the #63 WR the first half of the season last year before he got hurt. At this stage of the draft, I felt targeting full time players made more sense then chasing points later. I didn't love the TE's that were available and felt waiting on QB was a better value play.

8.17 (241) Eifert, Tyler (TE27) . . . MFL ADP TE24
I was all set to take Gesicki here, as I think he will do better than expected for the Dolphins. But I figured it would make so much more sense to take another Bengals player with injury issues. Maybe I have visions of sugar plums dancing in my head, but I remember Eifert scoring all those TD's 4 years ago. Eifert scores a lot of fantasy points when he actually plays . . . it's just how many games he will be available.

9.16 (272) Succop, Ryan (PK24) . . . MFL ADP PK NR
Unlike the other Anarchy Leagues, I don't think it's mission critical to grab a kicker early. You can always use your player swap on a kicker that wins a kicker battle somewhere. That being said, Succop had a high scoring total a couple of years ago, is back from a minor injury, and has a high probability of staying as the TEN kicker.

10.16 (305) Redskins TMQB (TMQB32) . . . MFL ADP NR
My strategy here was simple. Position players at this point in the draft are essentially a wing and a prayer. Defenses left at this point (if I had waited) were all liabilities. But waiting on QB still will score a gifted 200 points as a last round pick. IMO, that's a huge advantage. Barring a catastrophic injury and a series of other tragedies, it is very unlikely a TMQB will score much less than 250 points in most seasons . . . and the teams that lose a QB during the season are the ones that generally don't score well (so essentially  ones drafted much higher). I think Haskins will do pretty well if / once he takes over (I watched him a lot at tOSU), so I don't think this maneuver is all that risky.

I haven't looked at all the rosters, but I think this team should be in the mix. Like ever other team, the caveat being IF HEALTHY.

STINKIN' REF

PLAYER2018 PTSBYE

Chargers, Los Angeles LAC TMQB392.6812

Bell, Le'Veon NYJ RB‐ 4

Brown, Malcolm LAR RB39.409

Allison, Geronimo GBP WR62.3011

Godwin, Chris TBB WR185.207

Watkins, Sammy KCC WR140.5012

Everett, Gerald LAR TE93.609

Thomas, Ian CAR TE81.307

McManus, Brandon DEN PK106.3010

Steelers, Pittsburgh PIT Def125.007

10 TOTAL PLAYERS

Elevator speech: 

Leadoff: Led off with Bell, ton of touches and hopefully they stay in playoff contention so he plays hard all 16, but not getting any extra games, but keeps me in the mix at RB1. 

2Hole: Godwin...wasn’t buying the preseason hype al summer but started warming. I like him a lot now.

3hole: Watkins...usually your best hitter but not right now, just lots of value in the KC offense in this format and playoff potential

Cleanup: Rivers...Even as a Chiefs fan its hard for me to hate rivers even tho I know most afc west fans do....he puts up numbers and maybe throws a little more with Gordon on his way out of town...a good shot at one extra game...

RBI slot: Allison....cause people will pitch around Rivers I needed someone to bring home the bacon....everybody loves MVS or whatever the hell his name is, so like a true 5th hole hitter that often gets overlooked and dared to produce....Allison in the slot with Rodgers hits the 3 run homer...

6 hole: Everett....committed early to punting TE since no bonus....I gravitate to high scoring offenses then when throwing a dart at a position....there were other TES “ranked” higher.....rollin the dice here his scraps add up to guys taken rounds ahead of him...

7 hole: PIT DST....no rhyme or reason for this pick other than I saw what I liked out of Dupree and these guys getting after the QB in the preseason....I think this DST is underrated..

8 hole: McManus....not losing his job and I think Flacco stalls out in the red zone all year and Fangio thinks he can win defense minded games and will settle for FG’s....which usually gets you beat but who cares when I have your PK....

9 hole: Brown....loved seeing him here as my RB2 and a position I was going to wait on....thats all I’m really gonna say besides potential SOD....

10 hole: Thomas....so i sifted thru every position and this is what I came up with....he plays and when Olsen gets hurt he becomes relevant....10th round gold...

Love this league....really do....In this format...I think this team has a shot to be top 10...but some of you guys did a really nice job.... :banned:

1.02    2.    McCaffrey, Christian CAR RB - I actually didn't know who CC had picked at one but CMC is my top RB in PPR format.

2.31    63.    Landry, Jarvis CLE WR    - Good football player who I expect to be a consistent WR two.

3.02    66.    Saints, New Orleans NOS TMQB    - Ingram is gone. I expect Brees to throw a bit more this year. I have him on a ton of teams.

4.31    127.    Washington, James PIT WR    - I like him more than Moncrief. I expect the Steelers to again be top 5 in the league running 11 personnel.

5.02    130.    Reed, Jordan WAS TE    - After I drafted him a ton of times he proceeds to have his 9th recorded concussion. 

6.31    191.    Thompson, Chris WAS RB    - I am worried about Guice taking away his opportunities. Also injury. Maybe a player I cut.

7.02    194.    Harris, Damien NEP RB    - Good football player but only a back up right now. I didn't really want to use my flex on a RB. I just had a bunch of RB in my predraft list. Also a player I might cut.

8.31    255.    Isabella, Andy ARI WR    - This guy is fast and I can see him making some big plays.

9.02    258.    Vinatieri, Adam IND PK   - Seemed to be the guy the team was rallying around post Luck retirement and solid bet to make the team. That is all I am looking for out of a kicker this late.

10.31    319.    Raiders, Oakland OAK Def - I purposely left this to the last pick since I was sure to get one that would score points at least. I am very surprised this pick was not the Dolphins. 

Its rough only getting one top 50 player. Because this is total points and playoffs matter I thought the Saints were too good to pass until after pick 100 where I expected most of the quality QB to be gone by and no pick until 127.

I am likely only keeping one of my RB and I am not sure which one it is going to be.

9.20 - Marqise Lee, WR98 JAC
It's not a controversial statement that Nick Foles is a better quarterback than Blake Bortles. Why, then, are all non-Dede Jaguar receivers being treated by draftniks like they were dipped in plutonium? Reports are that Lee has recovered nicely from last season's injury, and he should have little trouble moving back into a starter's role. My third choice 40 picks ago, so an easy one here. Moderate playoff potential. Also considered: Keshawn Johnson.
I have wondered the same thing about Lee.

He is a talented WR when he wants to be, but he just doesn't seem to be a guy who wants to get better you know?

QB Pitt. (4.6) I love the value here on Big Ben. Think they are top 10 passing team. Went in thinking Denver who could have been had much later but I like getting one of my favs

rB. D. Williams.(1.27) Took because Kerryon and Jacobs who I would take normally ha e zero playoff chance. I know McCoy now in but not really worried. Thompson was going to do the same and thinkmMc or signing impacts him. 

RB. D. Hilliard(7.27) . Again, looking for playoff shot and chance to get some pts through PPR. Think he does close to Duke last year. For waiting, not bad

WR. C. Samuel.3.27) Again. Playoff. Getting good press. Not totally sold. Maybe Duke here and Diggs in first. 

wR D. Samuel.(6.6) Deebo has been fav target. I know rookie but see him as top target behind Kittle. Hope not hurt by the rookie blues. Almost went 5th but took chance and worked

WR T. McLaurin(8.6) Looks like good chance to be top in targets. Again might be rookie blues

WR J. Kumerow(9.28)

TE H. Henry (2.6) Went early to get good one with playoff hope that Engram, Howard do not. After top 6 to me is big tier drop. So got position where I might make up room. 

PK. G. Zuerlien. Did not want a guy who could lose job. 4 did last year in first few weeks. Also those jobs that were not sure about. So went early and for extra playoff points.

Def. SF. (10.5). This was position punted. Hope Bosa and Kwon improve and I get surprise. 

Lots of question marks. Damien leading the way. My WR will make me or break me. Still like though. 

I know we all hope to get playoff points and a lot of times we tend to automatically include playoff points in our projections / selections. The fact of the matter is that playoff teams have had an average turnover of 50% each from year to year for years now. But if people were asked to predict who the playoff teams will be this season, most people would probably have close to 75% of the same teams making the playoffs again.

As crazy as it sounds, even a team like the Chiefs are a couple of injuries on offense away from going from an out of the universe offense to being "just" one of the top offenses. And if their defense is still one that gets carved up, I don't think it would be crazy for KC to miss the playoffs altogether. Strange things tend to happen in this sport we call football.

Anarchy99 said:
I know we all hope to get playoff points and a lot of times we tend to automatically include playoff points in our projections / selections. The fact of the matter is that playoff teams have had an average turnover of 50% each from year to year for years now. But if people were asked to predict who the playoff teams will be this season, most people would probably have close to 75% of the same teams making the playoffs again.
I'm as guilty of this as the next guy, I suppose. In my case it's usually a crude shorthand for the fact that, in today's NFL, the most productive offenses usually make the playoffs anyway unless their defense is historically (e.g. Tampa Bay 2018) bad. If you can catch offenses on the upswing (my predictions for this year: CAR, SF, HOU), their key pieces will usually outperform ADP anyway; playoff points are just icing on the cake.

Anarchy99 said:

As crazy as it sounds, even a team like the Chiefs are a couple of injuries on offense away from going from an out of the universe offense to being "just" one of the top offenses. And if their defense is still one that gets carved up, I don't think it would be crazy for KC to miss the playoffs altogether. Strange things tend to happen in this sport we call football.
Depends on if you are drafting Patriots or not.

Just as a toss in . . . what are the three NFL teams that have not played in a wild card round game since 2010?

Users who are viewing this thread