What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WSL 3 Rds 9 - 12 (1 Viewer)

You have selected to be in an 8 hour draft.

This is the same WSL 3 I joined last year.

New guys. Working guys. Time outs. Duplicate picks. Missed picks. Drama. Entertainment.

It is what I thought it was.

A slow draft with thoughtfull picks and commentary...with a bunch of posters I barely know building a memorable experience.

Anyway I can personally help, let me know.

You have selected to be in an 8 hour draft.This is the same WSL 3 I joined last year.New guys. Working guys. Time outs. Duplicate picks. Missed picks. Drama. Entertainment.It is what I thought it was.A slow draft with thoughtfull picks and commentary...with a bunch of posters I barely know building a memorable experience.Anyway I can personally help, let me know.
You are correct about the slow draft, but this has moved very slow. I think that everyone in this draft is wanting to make there own picks, whereas in the other drafts you would notice that there are alot of PMs going around. Some concollation to all of you, is that allways try to avoid drafts that I am in. I have never been in a draft that went quick, and I was in 5 last year. What can I say, I'm just lucky.Now I can normally check in at least every couple of hours, so if anyone needs to send a PM I can normally help. This weekend might be a littel sporadic though.

Slow drafters PMing their top pick to the guy after them would help...if think I'll be out more than 2 hours I try to do that.

PMing next drafters is critical.

Pre-research.

I know who I roughly want for the next 6 rounds and some ideas after that. Not stealing my pick helps me immensely.

Last edited by a moderator:
You all can PM me your picks, I have access to a comp almost all day, I have a kick butt job that allows it, BTW, let that be a notice to all u slackers of the leauges i'm in...... :confused:

Some concollation to all of you, is that allways try to avoid drafts that I am in. I have never been in a draft that went quick, and I was in 5 last year. What can I say, I'm just lucky.
:lol: I'd have to look back to see how many we've been in together, because I tend to be a curse to draft speed as well (And I don't think I've ever timed out personally - except once where I had the very last pick of the draft). I did participate in one of the fasted drafts ever (TLSL in '06) , but with that draft you could pre-select your pick lists, so you'd get bunches of picks all at once.

I'll raise your reach and select:

11.10 Devin Hester, WR Chi

I like how this guy was used at the end of last year. Berrian should be gone so I'm hoping Lovie tries to get the ball in his hands.

11.14 Najeh "Closet Pooper" Davenport--RB--PIT

With the whole backfield in Pittsburgh now I have a pretty solid team

Plz PM for me someone got to get 2 work then i'll be back on line

Chicago Bears D

(AKA Devin Hester, Touchdown machine)

Let's just hope things improve when the actual D is on the field...

12.03 Antwaan Randle El--WR--Was

Hoping he gets a bigger role in Washington with a new coaching staff!!!

Wow, I don't think PMs work at all.

I sent one to Brutis and I time out because he's lost on the road hitchhiking.

I sent one to Just Cuz and makes that rounds pick, and then decides because I'm not around, he'll pick again for me in the next round.

All the while, when I sent Zoltar my short list for this round so he could take my guy after he selects. But, of course, he deletes my PM.

What a clusterfahk.

Zoltar had my list for this round, but deleted it.

I'd like to select:

12.06 QB Rex Grossman CHI

I sent one to Just Cuz and makes that rounds pick, and then decides because I'm not around, he'll pick again for me in the next round.

All the while, when I sent Zoltar my short list for this round so he could take my guy after he selects. But, of course, he deletes my PM.

What a clusterfahk.

I'd like to select:

Your right.I usually send my PM's of my top pick to the two people after me. If a list, then two after my second pick that have already picked this round. Sometimes three. That may help solve the 1st and 3rd issue.

The 2nd issue, if one were to see the other leagues, is poor etiquette at best. You wait if a PM is not clear on round or player.

What a clusterfahk.

I'd like to select:

Your right.I usually send my PM's of my top pick to the two people after me. If a list, then two after my second pick that have already picked this round. Sometimes three. That may help solve the 1st and 3rd issue.

The 2nd issue, if one were to see the other leagues, is poor etiquette at best. You wait if a PM is not clear on round or player.
dude, I didnt make the pick in bad faith, was he or was he not the next person on the list you PM'd me?And if he is still there why would u change ur mine, especially for Rex, lol........

What a clusterfahk.

I'd like to select:

dude, I didnt make the pick in bad faith, was he or was he not the next person on the list you PM'd me?And if he is still there why would u change ur mine, especially for Rex, lol........
Although I can't deny the logic, if a PM doesn't say you can use it for the next round, then you shouldn't. That is the established protocol. The drafter may have different needs for the other pick or a woman's perogitive.

On Rex, I think Chicago should have him as the starter because they don't/won't have a better option and have greater needs (OL/S.)

Could you have drafted him later though? Only the board has an idea.

What a clusterfahk.

I'd like to select:

Dude, once again, i'm really sorry.Z

What a clusterfahk.

I'd like to select:

PP, you have had extremely bad luck with your PMs. Brutis and Z were just honest mistakes and both appologized, and Just Cuz is new to these leagues and got a little impatient/ confused about the picks. You did not time out this time and if you would of I think that it would have been discounted to to the mistake of Z.One other note, I was hoping that Rexy might fall a little further.

What a clusterfahk.

I'd like to select:

PP, you have had extremely bad luck with your PMs. Brutis and Z were just honest mistakes and both appologized
I got his PM but didnt have much time during the day to even check the site working in Orlando that week. I think he sent me that PM on tuesday when the internet was down, I had to phone Jeff just to see where we were at and to give him my list.

It's all good people. When I posted last night, it was all tongue in cheek. Unless we were playing for straight cash, homies, it's no big thing.

As for the Grossman pick, I had to take him now if I wanted him. I had two or three guys with one QB behind me and 20 picks before it gets back to me. Grossman is only a year out from QBing the Bears in the SuperBowl and looks like the best bet to retain a starting job from the rest of the QBs still on the board.

Michael Pittman--RB--TBB ?

PM's on the way
Nice pick. He gets some PPR in the RBBC.12.10 Leonard Pope--TE--ARZ

I have Fitz, but he is uncertain to return. So is Bryant Johnson. Pope should improve if either or both leave.

PMs sent.

Users who are viewing this thread