What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Vasectomy in the AM... (1 Viewer)

Just had my consultation...was all of 10 minutes or so not including paperwork. I'm scheduled from 2 weeks from tomorrow.

I had to push him to give me a script for Valium for before and to write me a script for pain pills for after. He didn't want to, but I pushed the issue so he did. :shrug:

ETA: Should 10mg do the trick to relax me?
That's ridiculous. Pain pills should be an automatic.

So finally getting ready to get this done. If I can get it before end of this month, what are the odds I can be shooting blanks by 2/15? Wife and I will be vacationing away from kids for fist time in 9 years then...

So finally getting ready to get this done. If I can get it before end of this month, what are the odds I can be shooting blanks by 2/15? Wife and I will be vacationing away from kids for fist time in 9 years then...
It took me 4 months even though I cleaned the gun often.

I never did send in a sample, rolled the dice and just started dumping the truck after a few months. Seems to be working!

The velocity has came back also, the first few months the loads were just not packing the same punch as they used to when coming out. All came back to normal in about 4 months total...

I never did send in a sample, rolled the dice and just started dumping the truck after a few months. Seems to be working!

The velocity has came back also, the first few months the loads were just not packing the same punch as they used to when coming out. All came back to normal in about 4 months total...
This is important why?

Very close to doing this, but have that 2% chance will want kids in the future. Long story, don't need to get into it here (and nobody will care anyways)

My question is about freezing some sample just in case that 2% want comes about....what does this entail and what kind of cost is associated with doing something like this?

I'm almost 39 so 100% wouldn't be interested in having a kid anytime past the next 5 yrs so that would be about the time period I'd like to have them ice'd up.

This is important why?
Hard to soak the walls without good velocity.

Very close to doing this, but have that 2% chance will want kids in the future. Long story, don't need to get into it here (and nobody will care anyways)

My question is about freezing some sample just in case that 2% want comes about....what does this entail and what kind of cost is associated with doing something like this?

I'm almost 39 so 100% wouldn't be interested in having a kid anytime past the next 5 yrs so that would be about the time period I'd like to have them ice'd up.
Geez, quick google search shows $500-$700 for initial consultation and all things that need to be done to store. And then $350+ per year for storage fees. Not covered by insurance.

Not doubting enough for that. Just let me put it in my freezer next to my jeans!

Having this done 12/23. So, two bags of peas, a jock strap and a day or so of rest is all I'll need to prepare?

Having this done 12/23. So, two bags of peas, a jock strap and a day or so of rest is all I'll need to prepare?
I had one done back in May. It wasn't bad at all. They gave me a shot of something beforehand and I was completely out of it. At one point I felt something that hurt for a few seconds up in my stomach, but other than that it was cake. The peas and jock strap will be fine.

I had mine done on a Wednesday and that weekend I just sat on my ### watching The Players and the NFL draft. The Vicodins helped.

I had one done back in May. It wasn't bad at all. They gave me a shot of something beforehand and I was completely out of it. At one point I felt something that hurt for a few seconds up in my stomach, but other than that it was cake. The peas and jock strap will be fine.

I had mine done on a Wednesday and that weekend I just sat on my ### watching The Players and the NFL draft. The Vicodins helped.
Cool. How has it been since...seen any side effects (good or bad) ?

I had mine done in May. Was easy and zero issues afterwards.

However, in August had some epididymitis. Doctor told me to take anti-inflammatories for a week, and it went away. Just came back this week. From some research, seems to be a somewhat common issue after a vasectomy. The pain is extremely mild, but if this is going to be ongoing every 3 months, this is going to get very old.

Scheduled for next Thursday. Thinking about a new xbox game and a couple cases of beer. What else will I need?

My girlfriend is going in for an appointment to discuss an IUD with her doctor next week. I'm thinking I should be getting a vasectomy rather than making her go through that, but I scurrred!
I got my wife pregnant while she was on the IUD. Due to the hormones it gives off, it cause a falopian implantation, which we had to abort with some chemo drug as it is life threatening. Then, she had to have 2 surgeries to get the damn thing out.Do not recommend.

My girlfriend is going in for an appointment to discuss an IUD with her doctor next week. I'm thinking I should be getting a vasectomy rather than making her go through that, but I scurrred!
I got my wife pregnant while she was on the IUD. Due to the hormones it gives off, it cause a falopian implantation, which we had to abort with some chemo drug as it is life threatening. Then, she had to have 2 surgeries to get the damn thing out.Do not recommend.
One of the reasons i got a vasectomy was because my gf's IUD (Mirena) gave her some crazy side effects....bleeding (she never had issues prior), minor acne (her skin was flawless prior) and gained 12lbs in the 7 months it was in while working out like a fiend 5-6 times a week and eating overly healthy (she's always been in great shape so this is what she struggled with the most). She was also recently starting to see her mood change, get sick more often and regular headaches recently She had it removed last week cuz she was so miserable and we're just going to use condoms for the next 2 months til I get the all clear.

Had mine yesterday, and everything went pretty well. One thing I did not know is that apparently they use some type of electric instrument to cauterize the tubes, so I had to sit on a metal plate with gel on it to avoid getting shocked, which stills happened, but only a time or two. Now I'm at home with ice on my Kryptonian jewels, just relaxing.

Mods, you can delete the thread I started.

Got mine scheduled for Fri June 19....just realized that Sunday is Father's Day...how ironic. Doc did a "test run" to find my vas defrens during the consult last week. Good news is he was able to find them easily...bad news is no one else in this thread mentioned a test run, so now I'm starting to feel a bit naive and violated.

Got mine scheduled for Fri June 19....just realized that Sunday is Father's Day...how ironic. Doc did a "test run" to find my vas defrens during the consult last week. Good news is he was able to find them easily...bad news is no one else in this thread mentioned a test run, so now I'm starting to feel a bit naive and violated.
Me too, Friday 6/19 is the day. My father's day gift will be the wife and kids go away for a couple days and I have the weekend to sit on my ### and do nothing.

Had my evaluation a few months ago. I was in a considerable amount of pain as the doctor was examining the jewels. He told me I am more sensitive in that area and would likely do a general anesthesia instead of local. He also said that men that are more sensitive, there is a greater risk of permanent ball pain following the procedure but that can be "managed" by using medication. I said F that. My wife is going to have her plumbing fixed instead.

Users who are viewing this thread