What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Vasectomy in the AM... (1 Viewer)

mr. furley said:
this

this thread reads like 85% chance of complications and 95% chance of lingering pain... with some guys saying "i'd do this 3 days a week if i could, it was great."

do these doctors knock people out for this nowadays? seems more humane than slicing and dicing in an office without any effective anesthetic.
The local is the worst part......right into your vas deferens. Made my toes curl not in a good way. Rest was a piece of cake. Seven minutes.

You’re not gonna see it, plus they give you a script for a Valium to take right before you arrive. They took me early cause the person in front of me cancelled so the Valium didn’t kick in til after the procedure was entirely over. 

Last edited by a moderator:
let's pretend that needles give a guy tremendous anxiety.  now what?
It’s honestly not that bad. Like I said the local is the worst part, not the needle but the local itself burns. I needed a shot for each side, second was worse but we’re talking 10 seconds of uncomfortable pain. The procedure itself was pain free. 

It’s honestly not that bad. Like I said the local is the worst part, not the needle but the local itself burns. I needed a shot for each side, second was worse but we’re talking 10 seconds of uncomfortable pain. The procedure itself was pain free. 
I'M A BIG FAT BABY

The local is the worst part......right into your vas deferens. Made my toes curl not in a good way. Rest was a piece of cake. Seven minutes.
I’m getting one this year also... this terrifies me...

my wife is getting a c section and having a tubal done, but knowing her, she’d have an egg somehow find a way through and we’d have another kid. So I figure a snip would be good for me, plus it’s free (deductible met)

No knocking out, they just numb you up by sticking a needle in your balls.

You're wide awake to enjoy the scent of gunpowder and smoke as they seal the tubes up.
I actually like the smell of gunpowder... hmmm making me feel better here.

honestly, pretty nervous about this reading some pain stories... 

Its really not a big deal.  A quick needle ##### and some weird tugging feeling as they work the tubes and they send you on your way. 

My pain has completely resolved. Never feel it at all anymore.  Not one tiny bit. It was probably April before it stopped completely, and I was terrified it would keep coming back occasionally, but it’s been flat out gone since then. Vasectomy was November. Getting that done and verified as having worked before quarantine started was one of the best decisions and some of the best timing of my life. Hands down. 

had mine this morning

shots were not really a big deal. hardly noticed for the most part. the tugging wasn't all that bad.

the left side was a bit different than the right. apparently my left side was buried a bit deep and so the doc had to dig around and really took some effort to snip. that was a bit uncomfortable.

all in all, not bad. would probably do pre-game valium if i had to do it all over again.

post-procedure pain isn't bad 10 hours later. took a couple Tylenol when i got home and iced. definitely not as bad as i'd feared.

had mine this morning

shots were not really a big deal. hardly noticed for the most part. the tugging wasn't all that bad.

the left side was a bit different than the right. apparently my left side was buried a bit deep and so the doc had to dig around and really took some effort to snip. that was a bit uncomfortable.

all in all, not bad. would probably do pre-game valium if i had to do it all over again.

post-procedure pain isn't bad 10 hours later. took a couple Tylenol when i got home and iced. definitely not as bad as i'd feared.
Wait til your balls look like they got in a street brawl with Mike Tyson.  Black, blue, purple, yellow bruising galore! 

Wait til your balls look like they got in a street brawl with Mike Tyson.  Black, blue, purple, yellow bruising galore! 
it's like someone spraypainted my package black and purple

swelling is not so bad. noticeable but it was much, much worse with the double hernia surgery.

I can’t say my experience was like this, but sounds awful nonetheless 
well... eff.

doc said to call if the bruising or swelling seemed bad, but offered no guidelines beyond "there will be bruising and swelling" so... what exactly should a guy be calling in for?

It's been a month for me now.  I was put to sleep, so no issue at all during surgery and the following few hours. Really nothing much different the first week either from what I've read here (including minimal bruising, gone within 4 days).

I will say that i still feel it a month later though.  Not any pain, just sensitivity and lack of confidence to let 'loose'...biking, running, sexually, etc.  I walk 2.5 - 3 miles/day...but that's it so far vs biking 5 - 6 miles/day a month ago.  

I think/hope i'm at the point now to try biking...with some extra padding!

Last edited by a moderator:
Getting snipped in the AM. They didn't offer a valium. They didn't tell me to trim up the ol' bag, but I might do so anyway.
Yeah, don't worry about the pain...it's nothing. You should be regularly trimming everything anyways, but for this, yes just do it....less time of strangers playing with your junk.

Getting snipped in the AM. They didn't offer a valium. They didn't tell me to trim up the ol' bag, but I might do so anyway.
glllllllllllll

my junk was a mess for weeks. turned out the ensuing days were worse than the first couple. lots of soreness, bruising and swelling. thinking i got a hack doctor.

really felt like i got kicked with a steel toed boot for a solid week. thought we might lose little furley for a while. bad, bad deal.

enjoy!

It's been a month for me now. I was put to sleep, so no issue at all during surgery and the following few hours. Really nothing much different the first week either from what I've read here (including minimal bruising, gone within 4 days).

I will say that i still feel it a month later though. Not any pain, just sensitivity and lack of confidence to let 'loose'...biking, running, sexually, etc. I walk 2.5 - 3 miles/day...but that's it so far vs biking 5 - 6 miles/day a month ago.

My bag was sensitive for probably 2 to 3 years after. Not anymore. Back to stroking as good as ever. Just not as much load volume as back in the day

It's been a month for me now. I was put to sleep, so no issue at all during surgery and the following few hours. Really nothing much different the first week either from what I've read here (including minimal bruising, gone within 4 days).

I will say that i still feel it a month later though. Not any pain, just sensitivity and lack of confidence to let 'loose'...biking, running, sexually, etc. I walk 2.5 - 3 miles/day...but that's it so far vs biking 5 - 6 miles/day a month ago.

My bag was sensitive for probably 2 to 3 years after. Not anymore. Back to stroking as good as ever. Just not as much load volume as back in the day
years!!! :(

mine had a needling/stabbing sensation for weeks. not sure i could have handled that for years.

years!!! :(

mine had a needling/stabbing sensation for weeks. not sure i could have handled that for years.
Never had stabbing pain. Just extra sensitive. Too bad it wasn't my penis that was extra sensitive. :kicksrock:

Ok, I'm recovering on my bed now with a bag of frozen peas resting on my junk. Overall, it went "OK". It was not however a 7 minute procedure. Took more like 15, but felt like 30 minutes. And I was lying there on the table with no pants on in the cold operating room, betadine all over my exposed groin, and 2 labs techs just sitting there chatting it up with me. Had to wait like 15 minutes for the doc to show up and get to work. Not the most fun time I've ever had with my bits out. that's for sure.

The needles didn't hurt that much, but the Doc had to "adjust the clamp" at some point, which caused some real pain. Like I couldn't continue talking type of pain, causing me to grunt. Anyway, the techs and the doc kept chatting me up the whole time, keeping my mind off of things I guess. Doc did hold up the snipped out piece of my vas, which I told him he didn't need to do for me. I trusted him... He asked if I wanted to see the rest, and I declined.

Pain afterwards is manageable thus far. Hopefully I won't be asked to do anything today or tomorrow... I have soccer to watch!

Ok, I'm recovering on my bed now with a bag of frozen peas resting on my junk. Overall, it went "OK". It was not however a 7 minute procedure. Took more like 15, but felt like 30 minutes. And I was lying there on the table with no pants on in the cold operating room, betadine all over my exposed groin, and 2 labs techs just sitting there chatting it up with me. Had to wait like 15 minutes for the doc to show up and get to work. Not the most fun time I've ever had with my bits out. that's for sure.

The needles didn't hurt that much, but the Doc had to "adjust the clamp" at some point, which caused some real pain. Like I couldn't continue talking type of pain, causing me to grunt. Anyway, the techs and the doc kept chatting me up the whole time, keeping my mind off of things I guess. Doc did hold up the snipped out piece of my vas, which I told him he didn't need to do for me. I trusted him... He asked if I wanted to see the rest, and I declined.

Pain afterwards is manageable thus far. Hopefully I won't be asked to do anything today or tomorrow... I have soccer to watch!

Get ready for you sack to look like it went about 10 rounds with Mike Tyson. Purple and Yellow for me.

By the way, did you guys need a referral from your primary physician or did you just call up Kaiser and and ask for a snipping appointment? Do you need a physical prior or anything like that?

By the way, did you guys need a referral from your primary physician or did you just call up Kaiser and and ask for a snipping appointment? Do you need a physical prior or anything like that?
No referral needed, but Kaiser will make you go through a "class" that is more of a disclaimer talking about the risks associated with the procedure and then they will conduct a phone interview to confirm you consent to the risks. After that was all completed it took around another 3 months before they were able to schedule mine.

I asked my primary, but didn’t have to. I went for a preliminary exam with the Urologist and then the snip snip appointment was a few weeks later.

I don't have a PCP. I just made an appointment for a consult using the web scheduling platform (mychart). An NP looked at my junk, asked me some questions, and said I was a good candidate. Then I got an appointment like 4 months later...

the nurse who assisted on mine was extremely hot. make you blush, hot.

hottest girl who ever saw my junk for sure. never had i tried to be invisible before until that moment.

I think I would just rather stick to BJs and HJs than go through this.

the nurse who assisted on mine was extremely hot. make you blush, hot.

hottest girl who ever saw my junk for sure. never had i tried to be invisible before until that moment.
Did you do the ole "heeeey, you gonna buy me dinner first?!"
well, when she was greasing me up with the purple spread i was a little too, uh, distracted to talk
Sorry miss. Just clearing the tubes in advance for ya.

I'd miss the pounding too much

Joining the club on Friday. Mid-30s, single, no kids. I'm 98% excited and 2% scared. Or maybe 98% scared.

A little bummed I'm not going to be able to lift or run for some length of time, but hopefully that's the worst of it. I didn't score one of those sweet Valium scripts that it seems like most guys get. I hope that's my clinic knowing they do these so well that it isn't needed.

Dating season 2023 might be the best year yet.

Pics, or it didn't happen.

But would your wife?

Users who are viewing this thread