What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Do You Facebook? (2 Viewers)

Who wants to help me start a Facebook rumor that Leslie Nielsen is dead? Just update your status with something like "RIP Leslie Nielsen... what a week! :bag:"

Apparently, one of my fraternity brothers from back in the day, does not care for my sense of humor. He is now some important (at least in his mind) bigwig in Atlanta real estate, or something. Every day, he posts some ridiculous and boring status update like

is taking a post-meeting, pre-reception stroll in Grant Park and feeling very cosmopolitan.
and
is listening to HUD Secretary Shaun Donovan speak about national housing policy.
Yesterdays was
is learning about the concept of shared equity homeownership strategies, and wonders if his FB pals have thoughts on the subject.
to which of course, I made a comment of the first random thought that came to mind, which was "I like cheese". Fargen bastige deleted it. Welcome to :ignore:, bucko.

Apparently, one of my fraternity brothers from back in the day, does not care for my sense of humor. He is now some important (at least in his mind) bigwig in Atlanta real estate, or something. Every day, he posts some ridiculous and boring status update like

is taking a post-meeting, pre-reception stroll in Grant Park and feeling very cosmopolitan.
and
is listening to HUD Secretary Shaun Donovan speak about national housing policy.
Yesterdays was
is learning about the concept of shared equity homeownership strategies, and wonders if his FB pals have thoughts on the subject.
to which of course, I made a comment of the first random thought that came to mind, which was "I like cheese". Fargen bastige deleted it. Welcome to :ignore:, bucko.
You did the right thing. Your 'friend' sounds like a tool.

and
Yesterdays was
Become a fan.

Who wants to help me start a Facebook rumor that Leslie Nielsen is dead? Just update your status with something like "RIP Leslie Nielsen... what a week! :confused:"
I'm always down to start a fake celebrity death rumor, but we'd have to coordinate this better - it's definitely worth its own thread. And we should plan it a few days in advance just to make sure as many people as possible are involved.Leslie Nielsen is just about the perfect choice, too...

Who wants to help me start a Facebook rumor that Leslie Nielsen is dead? Just update your status with something like "RIP Leslie Nielsen... what a week! :confused:"
I'm always down to start a fake celebrity death rumor, but we'd have to coordinate this better - it's definitely worth its own thread. And we should plan it a few days in advance just to make sure as many people as possible are involved.Leslie Nielsen is just about the perfect choice, too...
We should time it so someone edits Wikipedia at the same time and keeps an eye on the Wiki page to keep it "updated" with his death...

Who wants to help me start a Facebook rumor that Leslie Nielsen is dead? Just update your status with something like "RIP Leslie Nielsen... what a week! :("
We should time it so someone edits Wikipedia at the same time and keeps an eye on the Wiki page to keep it "updated" with his death...
If we all update our Facebook pages at once, all alert our local media outlets, and all send text messages/emails to friends and associates, I think we might really be able to give this thing some legs...

and
Yesterdays was
Become a fan.
:confused:

People are complete idiots with their status updates. Why in the world do people think others care that they are "working out", "going to the store", "at Nissan waiting for the car to be completed"Good lord people should just stop it already.
One of my "friends" does 7 to 10 updates per day and ends every day by telling everyone "Good night I am going to bed now." I finally put him on ignore it got so bad. The funny thing is when I talked to the brother of my "friend" about all the updates, he said that he was totally embarassed about the postings and that he finally just defriended his brother because he got sick of all the dumb posts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there any way to block particular friends from seeing parts of your profile. I was pretty good at keeping people I work with away from my FB page but I just got an invite from a senior partner to be his friend. I don't want to piss the guy off by ignoring the request but I also don't want my personal world to collide with my professional world. I would like to just confirm him as a friend and then limit access, but I can't seem to find any such option. Only thing I see is an all or nothing option where all friends get access to stuff, or none do.

Am I missing something in the privacy settings section that will allow me to block a particular person's access?

Is there any way to block particular friends from seeing parts of your profile. I was pretty good at keeping people I work with away from my FB page but I just got an invite from a senior partner to be his friend. I don't want to piss the guy off by ignoring the request but I also don't want my personal world to collide with my professional world. I would like to just confirm him as a friend and then limit access, but I can't seem to find any such option. Only thing I see is an all or nothing option where all friends get access to stuff, or none do. Am I missing something in the privacy settings section that will allow me to block a particular person's access?
I know you can create 'groups' to put friends into, but not sure if you can limit access to certain things for said groups...haven't played with groups much. Anyone know?

People are complete idiots with their status updates. Why in the world do people think others care that they are "working out", "going to the store", "at Nissan waiting for the car to be completed"Good lord people should just stop it already.
One of my "friends" does 7 to 10 updates per day and ends every day by telling everyone "Good night I am going to bed now." I finally put him on ignore it got so bad. The funny thing is when I talked to the brother of my "friend" about all the updates, he said that he was totally embarassed about the postings and that he finally just defriended his brother because he got sick of all the dumb posts.
I was just thinking about defriending a couple of people last night because they always say "good night to my Facebook friends" before going to bed. How damn weird is that?

I made the mistake of "Friending" my ex-wife. We got along pretty well, and I thought it would be a good way to share pics of the kids. But still, some of her updates I just do not need to see :excited:

Probably will keep her as a friend but hide all her updates

Is there any way to block particular friends from seeing parts of your profile. I was pretty good at keeping people I work with away from my FB page but I just got an invite from a senior partner to be his friend. I don't want to piss the guy off by ignoring the request but I also don't want my personal world to collide with my professional world. I would like to just confirm him as a friend and then limit access, but I can't seem to find any such option. Only thing I see is an all or nothing option where all friends get access to stuff, or none do. Am I missing something in the privacy settings section that will allow me to block a particular person's access?
I know you can create 'groups' to put friends into, but not sure if you can limit access to certain things for said groups...haven't played with groups much. Anyone know?
Create the friend list, then you can add anyone you want to the list. From the privacy page, under the profile section, for each item listed you can restrict access and add the friend list to those that are blocked from seeing said items. A nice way to test this out is to use the option to view your profile as your friend would see it. That way, you can see just how your profile appears to the people you are limiting access to.

I think I may start a FB petition to ban the words "YAY" and "YUM" from status updates. :hophead:
YAY! I'll sign it!
I can't stand the mass overuse of the word "hubby" too. It just drives me nuts.
"Hubby" and "Kiddos" have quickly become the two words at the top of my "Words I hate list". There's probably a group on FB for people that hate them... checking...."I hate it when people use the word Hubby" - 45 members

and Kiddos

Last edited by a moderator:
I made the mistake of "Friending" my ex-wife. We got along pretty well, and I thought it would be a good way to share pics of the kids. But still, some of her updates I just do not need to see :shrug: Probably will keep her as a friend but hide all her updates
First thing i did when i made an account was block my ex!

Is there any way to block particular friends from seeing parts of your profile. I was pretty good at keeping people I work with away from my FB page but I just got an invite from a senior partner to be his friend. I don't want to piss the guy off by ignoring the request but I also don't want my personal world to collide with my professional world. I would like to just confirm him as a friend and then limit access, but I can't seem to find any such option. Only thing I see is an all or nothing option where all friends get access to stuff, or none do.

Am I missing something in the privacy settings section that will allow me to block a particular person's access?
Create the friend list, then you can add anyone you want to the list. From the privacy page, under the profile section, for each item listed you can restrict access and add the friend list to those that are blocked from seeing said items. A nice way to test this out is to use the option to view your profile as your friend would see it. That way, you can see just how your profile appears to the people you are limiting access to.
Where is this option?

I'd like to see Facebook and an option to add a category to status messages. Something like Big Life Event, Travel, daily update, trivial..etc. That way you could just get big updates from friends, and not...going shopping....cleaning house. I feel bad ignoring someone in case they have real news.

Where is this option?
On your main Facebook page > Settings>Privacy Settings.

jdoggydogg is pleasuring himself to pictures of Facebook friends.
Just tried this one, minus the jdoggydogg part.
Update?
My friends thought it was hilarious. I only have about 20 friends, and most of them are actual friends who I'm still in contact with. "gross""lol""that's hot""wish I had thought of this first""next quiz: guess which facebook friends I'm masturbating to".I love my friends.

Update?
My friends thought it was hilarious. I only have about 20 friends, and most of them are actual friends who I'm still in contact with. "gross""lol""that's hot""wish I had thought of this first""next quiz: guess which facebook friends I'm masturbating to".I love my friends.
:P

I think I may start a FB petition to ban the words "YAY" and "YUM" from status updates. :lmao:
YAY! I'll sign it!
I can't stand the mass overuse of the word "hubby" too. It just drives me nuts.
"Hubby" and "Kiddos" have quickly become the two words at the top of my "Words I hate list". There's probably a group on FB for people that hate them... checking...."I hate it when people use the word Hubby" - 45 members

and Kiddos
Hey, there's a suggestion on my homepage to join that group....it also says Studs is a fan.

iSnitch said:
Update?
I really want to do this, I just don't think I have it in me.

Oh no! My brand-new sister-in-law just hit the daily double: "Shannon just got home from super happy hour at Maido with the hubby-yummo". If only she'd added "yay" for the trifecta. I can't defriend her; she's my sister-in-law. :unsure:

krista4 said:
skillz said:
I was just thinking about defriending a couple of people last night because they always say "good night to my Facebook friends" before going to bed. How damn weird is that?
Very. :thumbup:

iSnitch said:
Update?
I really want to do this, I just don't think I have it in me.
Unless you have family or co-workers on there, just give it a try. The friends who know you will get a chuckle out it, and the friends who don't know you that well...well, screw them.

krista4 said:
skillz said:
Very. :confused:
"Goodnight, Facebook friends. We're going upstairs to ####."

Thanks for the help. I also found this helpful video too if anyone is interested.

I need some Mafia Wars peeps...anybody want in?
I got tired of that and Mob Wars...I am all about Mouse Hunt and Bejeweled Blitz
haven't seen Mouse Hunt, what's your score on Bejeweled Blitz?
Here is MouseHunt And my current high Score on Blitz is 116,700, though I did have 150,000 last round
very nice..I break 100K every once in a while. I think 168K is my all-time high. I usually end up around 50K though

Users who are viewing this thread