What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Breaking Bad on AMC (9 Viewers)

Not sure how I'm feeling on the finale.I remember when seeing clips from episode 2 of this season and Hank's boss was explaining about how Fring was a meth mogul right under his nose the entire nose and someone in here thought Hank was figuring out Walt during that scene. Just didn't happen. I think the book very likely came from Gretchen and I could see her maiden name being "Black" as Walter's last name is "White" and hence you have "Gray Matter".Obviously, it still may have been a trigger for Hank, but I don't think Episode 1 next summer starts with Hank immediately having it all figured out 100%. We're going to waste 4-5 episodes with Hank still trying to piece it together which would suck in my opinion. I'd prefer the entire season be a showdown.I don't know. Would have preferred something a bit more concrete in the way of Hank finding out Walt = Heisenberg. I hope they don't #####foot around Hank being 100% certain for half of next season.
Well I would agree with you that if it takes 4-5 episodes of Hank "figuring it out", than that would be a disappointment.But I don't think that will be the case. I think he pieces it all together pretty quickly. He obviously had never even considered Walt in that way before. But suddenly, he will realize that it all makes perfect sense.

Not sure how I'm feeling on the finale.I remember when seeing clips from episode 2 of this season and Hank's boss was explaining about how Fring was a meth mogul right under his nose the entire nose and someone in here thought Hank was figuring out Walt during that scene. Just didn't happen. I think the book very likely came from Gretchen and I could see her maiden name being "Black" as Walter's last name is "White" and hence you have "Gray Matter".Obviously, it still may have been a trigger for Hank, but I don't think Episode 1 next summer starts with Hank immediately having it all figured out 100%. We're going to waste 4-5 episodes with Hank still trying to piece it together which would suck in my opinion. I'd prefer the entire season be a showdown.I don't know. Would have preferred something a bit more concrete in the way of Hank finding out Walt = Heisenberg. I hope they don't #####foot around Hank being 100% certain for half of next season.
The black/white grey matter theory with gretchen would be pretty neat twist, but we are pretty certain the book is from gale i think

The black/white grey matter theory with gretchen would be pretty neat twist, but we are pretty certain the book is from gale i think
agreed that would be a hell of a creative curve ball if it was indeed Gretchen but I'm 96% sure it's Gale.

so the scene i can imagine is hank confronts walt, walt acts like helpless walt, doesn't work, then walt goes heisenberg on hank and blows his ####### mind. Hank is left in a puddle of his own little baby poop as walt stares out the window

Knowing there was only a few minutes left in the episode, I was totally on edge during that final pool scene. I kept waiting for something to happen. Haven't felt like that since the finale of The Sopranos.
:yes:
Walt Jr pushing Holly in that little car...Thought for sure a sniper was going to shoot both of them
yeah, so many things going through my mind at that time. Kept watching the clock knowing time was winding down reminded me of the diner scene at the end of Sopranos. At least it didn't just go to black.

If Walt's daughter ingests the ricin...or dies some other way...That would be terrible. It would take a show that is already dark and plunge it into total blackness. I really hope the writers don't go there.
Yeah I think they've had enough kid carnage already.

so the scene i can imagine is hank confronts walt, walt acts like helpless walt, doesn't work, then walt goes heisenberg on hank and blows his ####### mind. Hank is left in a puddle of his own little baby poop as walt stares out the window
Yip. :goodposting:

Am I the only one who remembers Gayle giving Hank the book in the lab? It's def possible that im imagining it.. but I need to be sure. :unsure:

Was it just me, or did they seem to focus on the fact that the outlet cover that the ricin was taped to was pretty loose?
I think they might be screwing with us. If I had to wager, I'd say that never comes into play.
I'll take that bet. Way too much attention paid to the ricin for it to just go away.
Just thought of this and I agree, way to much emphasis put on the ricin for it to go away. Gilligan made a point of showing us how loose the outlet cover is, Walt's kid is getting to be about crawling age, he just came clean with Skylar to get the kids back in the house, baby crawls into the ####ter and. . .That would leave the door open for a whole host of things to happen but they would need to do something like that early on with only 8 episodes left.

Was it just me, or did they seem to focus on the fact that the outlet cover that the ricin was taped to was pretty loose?
I think they might be screwing with us. If I had to wager, I'd say that never comes into play.
I'll take that bet. Way too much attention paid to the ricin for it to just go away.
Just thought of this and I agree, way to much emphasis put on the ricin for it to go away. Gilligan made a point of showing us how loose the outlet cover is, Walt's kid is getting to be about crawling age, he just came clean with Skylar to get the kids back in the house, baby crawls into the...
bedroom, moves the nightstand out of the way, unscrews outlet cover....and?

While I agree Gale gave the book to Walter....you wonder if Hank confronts Walter and Walter quickly constructs the story of his former associate, temporarily giving him time to get away for the moment, as he knows Hank will check the hand-writing and realize he's been lying....

Another possibility..

While I agree Gale gave the book to Walter....you wonder if Hank confronts Walter and Walter quickly constructs the story of his former associate, temporarily giving him time to get away for the moment, as he knows Hank will check the hand-writing and realize he's been lying....Another possibility..
Hank's seen Gale's handwriting way more than we have, but we managed to recognize it.

Nerds, it's Gale's writing. You think this show is going to a cliffhanger with an FBI agent taking a dump reading some random inscription on a book that doesn't mean anything? Come on.

Nerds, it's Gale's writing. You think this show is going to a cliffhanger with an FBI agent taking a dump reading some random inscription on a book that doesn't mean anything? Come on.
Pretty sure we're going to find out the "Leaves of Grass" was a red herring. EP 1 on next season opens with Hank looking in the bowl and figuring out he's got the colon cancer.

#### ##### you guys post about this a lot. i take a few days off from the thread and have 10 pages to catch up on :rant:

I don't think Hank is blackmailable. The scene where he's zoned out in the meeting while going over files in the Heisenberg case, then after getting chastised by his boss for wasting too many department resources on it, orders Gomez to take the even more legally dubious step of tailing the lawyer, that tells me that he's more concerned with catching Heisenberg than he is about keeping his job or looking incompetent or whatever else Walt might have over him.

Doesn't mean Walt won't try, though. Hell, his ego is big enough at this point that if Hank confronts him for some reason, I fully expect Walt to tell him about the physical therapy and actually demand that Hank thank him for building a meth empire.

'Marvin said:
'Good said:
Pretty sure we're going to find out the "Leaves of Grass" was a red herring. EP 1 on next season opens with Hank looking in the bowl and figuring out he's got the colon cancer.
:lmao: to both of these :thumbup:

'urbanhack said:
'beer 302 said:
'Wrighteous Ray said:
'shader said:
'Tiger Fan said:
Just thought of this and I agree, way to much emphasis put on the ricin for it to go away. Gilligan made a point of showing us how loose the outlet cover is, Walt's kid is getting to be about crawling age, he just came clean with Skylar to get the kids back in the house, baby crawls into the...
bedroom, moves the nightstand out of the way, unscrews outlet cover....and?
FWIW, I have a huge dresser that is in front of an outlet cover. You can't put the dresser flush against the outlet cover b/c of the plug. I had to rig up this contraption out of thick cardboard so my boys (about 12 months at the time) couldn't pull the wires down. Given what I saw last night, I have no doubt that my boys could have snapped the outlet cover after playing with it long enough; found the ricin and consumed it. Young kids are kind of relentless like that.Not saying it's going to happen...but it sets up perfectly.

'Jojo the circus boy said:
'comfortably numb said:
'jamny said:
Knowing there was only a few minutes left in the episode, I was totally on edge during that final pool scene. I kept waiting for something to happen. Haven't felt like that since the finale of The Sopranos.
lolI thought everything from baby drowning in pool to a sniper taking out Flynn.When did Gale give Walt that book?What did we see Walt do with it? I find it odd that Walt would have kept it.
I was waiting for Jesse to show up.
:yes:

'Good said:
Interesting LAT interview with Gilligan:http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/tv/showtracker/la-et-st-breaking-bad-vince-gilligan-20120901,0,854913.story
This reinforces my conviction that the ending that makes the most narrative "sense" is one where Walt, having already lost his own family and everything he holds dear, returns to New Mexico to sacrifice himself to somehow save Jesse. I wouldn't be at all shocked if the ending is one where Walt dies but Jesse ends up with the life that Walt disdained as somehow beneath him. An unremarkable family life with Andrea and Brock. I'm not sure if everyone would find this satisfying. After all, Jesse is hardly without sin. But the show has always sympathized more with Jesse. I think that the true "shadow narrative" is Jesse's. Not Hank's.

FWIW, I have a huge dresser that is in front of an outlet cover. You can't put the dresser flush against the outlet cover b/c of the plug. I had to rig up this contraption out of thick cardboard so my boys (about 12 months at the time) couldn't pull the wires down. Given what I saw last night, I have no doubt that my boys could have snapped the outlet cover after playing with it long enough; found the ricin and consumed it. Young kids are kind of relentless like that.Not saying it's going to happen...but it sets up perfectly.
I'm not sure a baby could open the capsule though. Holly would probably need to swallow the vial whole. I think everyone has assumed that Holly is the likely endgame for the ricin, but I'm beginning to doubt it. I think it could easily be used for Walt's last, most depraved act. Poisoning Hank before "disappearing" off to New Hampshire. It makes a certain amount of sense. It would be mostly untraceable, but apparent to Skyler. It's just the sort of thing that could motivate Skyler to take the kids where Walt would never see them again. He'd literally be poisoning his own family relationships (which is a recurring metaphor of the show).

I'm not sure a baby could open the capsule though. Holly would probably need to swallow the vial whole. I think everyone has assumed that Holly is the likely endgame for the ricin, but I'm beginning to doubt it. I think it could easily be used for Walt's last, most depraved act. Poisoning Hank before "disappearing" off to New Hampshire. It makes a certain amount of sense. It would be mostly untraceable, but apparent to Skyler. It's just the sort of thing that could motivate Skyler to take the kids where Walt would never see them again. He'd literally be poisoning his own family relationships (which is a recurring metaphor of the show).
Holly could easily swallow the vial or crack it with her teeth

'joffer said:
'Sarnoff said:
Odd that right now both Breaking Bad and Dexter are kind of in the same place.
:goodposting: thought the same thing
I did too. Main difference being that none of us can wait to find out how BB is going to address this awesome scene whereas the Dexter audience just assumes something stupid is about to happen

Holly could easily swallow the vial or crack it with her teeth
This Holly/ricin theory is so laughable it's developmentally challenged.

Last edited by a moderator:
pretty sure Landry set up a nanny cam and found where the ricin was hidden. He will eventually use it to poison Walt's daughter, make Walt think it was all his fault, and then take over the meth cooking thanks to his detailed notetaking.

Everyone is missing the obvious here, Walt uses the ricin on Hank.
yea, thought about that.and does Holly even have teeth?
She's almost walking so I would say yes.The question though, and maybe FBG Dentist can chime in, does an infant possess strong enough teeth and or jaw muscles to chew through a switch plate cover? Do we have any electricians or petrochemical experts here on the board?

Everyone is missing the obvious here, Walt uses the ricin on Hank.
yea, thought about that.and does Holly even have teeth?
She's almost walking so I would say yes.The question though, and maybe FBG Dentist can chime in, does an infant possess strong enough teeth and or jaw muscles to chew through a switch plate cover? Do we have any electricians or petrochemical experts here on the board?
I think it won't come into play...Just another ruse from Gilligan

Do we think that Ted is gone from the picture for good? He's another loose end... maybe that's where the ricin will end up.

'Sarnoff said:
Odd that right now both Breaking Bad and Dexter are kind of in the same place.
Except for the fact that Breaking Bad is still going strong while Dexter should've ended a while ago and is now just a horribly written piece of ####

Users who are viewing this thread