What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Breaking Bad on AMC (13 Viewers)

hes going to finaly reach 100% purity

then hes going to OD on the blue stuff.

its obv

Last edited by a moderator:
Gus Fring Could Return To 'Breaking Bad'1 hour ago | Huffington Post | See recent Huffington Post news »Gus Fring may have had his face blown off in the "Breaking Bad" Season 4 finale, but Giancarlo Esposito could still reprise his role on the Emmy-winning meth drama's final season.Esposito told E! Online that "there has been talk" and "ideas floating around" that his buttoned-up kingpin character Gus Fring could return in some capacity during "Breaking Bad's" final eight episodes, set to air in the summer of 2013. "I want to come back in Walt's dream and haunt him," Esposito said.Esposito earned an Emmy nomination for his portrayal of Fring, and discussed the honor in an interview with HuffPost TV's Maureen Ryan."With Gus, I calmed my spirit down and culled it down to the essence, [which allowed] him take me over, which was really special work for me. So I'm more excited about the nomination for this, because I feel like the connection with this role was really powerful. »- The Huffington Post

Gus Fring Could Return To 'Breaking Bad'1 hour ago | Huffington Post | See recent Huffington Post news »Gus Fring may have had his face blown off in the "Breaking Bad" Season 4 finale, but Giancarlo Esposito could still reprise his role on the Emmy-winning meth drama's final season.Esposito told E! Online that "there has been talk" and "ideas floating around" that his buttoned-up kingpin character Gus Fring could return in some capacity during "Breaking Bad's" final eight episodes, set to air in the summer of 2013. "I want to come back in Walt's dream and haunt him," Esposito said.Esposito earned an Emmy nomination for his portrayal of Fring, and discussed the honor in an interview with HuffPost TV's Maureen Ryan."With Gus, I calmed my spirit down and culled it down to the essence, [which allowed] him take me over, which was really special work for me. So I'm more excited about the nomination for this, because I feel like the connection with this role was really powerful. »- The Huffington Post
Not sure how well it would tie in at this point with only eight episodes left and Gus already gone, but I always kinda hoped for a full episode devoted to Gus's backstory

'Michael Brown said:
'cstu said:
Not sure how well it would tie in at this point with only eight episodes left and Gus already gone, but I always kinda hoped for a full episode devoted to Gus's backstory
I hope they don't do this. That chapter is done.

A few notes:

Skyler getting afraid of Walt is interesting and she has reason to.

Walt become more of a predator for people like Saul and dictate to them just when their business together is finished.

The whole "because I said so" in the back of the car is very telling of Walt.

By the end of this season I think Walk kills hank if he gets too close with his investigation (the laptop was not the end of all the evidence).
I just caught up with this season and this looks to be right on.

'TexanFan02 said:
That's not entirely true. He cares for Jesse somewhat, even as he uses him as a pawn.
I'm well aware it's an unpopular opinion, and that most think Walt has a "good" side. I personally think he's inherently evil, and if life hadn't dealt him the cancer card, his true self probably would never have been revealed.
Like Obama, he's a sociopath.

So I'm finally done with season 4 and about to start 5. Does it live up to the expectations?
Take a guess.
I'm going to say #### yes. If there weren't football this weekend (and praise god that there is), I would pound out all 8 episodes.
I thought the season needed MORE FLYNN! Other than that, it was great.
Yes I am also caught up past the Flynn and 98% bickering.

Gus doesn't strike me as the type to keep unmistakable evidence of a criminal conspiracy lying around his office.
GD the account numbers pissed me off, total garbage to think Gus would do that.
Until Walt came around, Gus had successfully managed to keep the criminal enterprise and Pollos completely separate. No reason to believe that he wouldn't think that the office was safe. He should have stuck with his instinct to not let Walt in due the the unpredictability.

I woudl like this too... Maybe a Breaking Bad Prequel ;)

So I'm finally done with season 4 and about to start 5. Does it live up to the expectations?
Take a guess.
I'm going to say #### yes. If there weren't football this weekend (and praise god that there is), I would pound out all 8 episodes.
I thought the season needed MORE FLYNN! Other than that, it was great.
Yes I am also caught up past the Flynn and 98% bickering.
it's 96%, you moron :wall: :rant:

'bentley said:
'cstu said:
Gus doesn't strike me as the type to keep unmistakable evidence of a criminal conspiracy lying around his office.
Until Walt came around, Gus had successfully managed to keep the criminal enterprise and Pollos completely separate. No reason to believe that he wouldn't think that the office was safe. He should have stuck with his instinct to not let Walt in due the the unpredictability.
Exactly, he kept them completely separate - except for the laptop. There was no reason to put a hard copy of the numbers there instead of on his computer which was encrypted. I suppose they needed a way to get the guys to snitch but it was cheap.

'bentley said:
'cstu said:
Exactly, he kept them completely separate - except for the laptop. There was no reason to put a hard copy of the numbers there instead of on his computer which was encrypted. I suppose they needed a way to get the guys to snitch but it was cheap.
the encryption could be cracked, it would just take a lot of time

I hope they don't do this. That chapter is done.
I agree, I dont think it could advance the storyline anymore and only serve as filler. And with 6ish hours of screen time left I hope they maximize them to the hilt.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't like the "for the cancer to come back line". Would have been better if she threw threw something else in there. Like "cancer, or another Fring, some other partner.. anything" She is obviously frightened for the right reasons, and it isn;t cancer. Walt always thought of himself safe. Until he wasn't. Then it is panic. He's gotten out of it before with a lot of luck, some skill, and a lot of luck. Then the ego builds even more. He is being pretty naive to think "it's smooth sailing from here" and that was Skyler's chance to tell him.
Wow, thought the cancer line was perfect. Just shows her utter contempt for him and finally makes him realize how much she hates him. /Hipple (sorry, finally working my way through this season and tried to refrain commenting in the middle, but just had to say this.)

While I enjoyed Homeland, I think Cranston got screwed at the Emmys.
It's a yearly tradition for Breaking Bad to get screwed at the Emmys.
Homeland is terrific and I'm excited for it to come back but BB was deserving and it was time. For the fourth season to perhaps be it's finest is a hard thing to do. Much harder then a debut season like Homeland.Esposito clearly should have won over Paul though. Paul was embarrassed to have won. Probably the biggest snub of the night.

While I enjoyed Homeland, I think Cranston got screwed at the Emmys.
It's a yearly tradition for Breaking Bad to get screwed at the Emmys.
If Jonathan Banks doesn't win it next year for his work in Season 5, there is no hope for humanity.
That came to pass when they didn't even invite The Wire to the party.
Yep. Whining about Breaking Bad doesn't really touch the injustice David Simon and the gang were served up by these morons at The Emmys

Users who are viewing this thread