What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Breaking Bad on AMC (3 Viewers)

He did things a lot of people would to save their own life, stay out of jail, or save a friend's life.

Every "bad" decision was for one of those reasons (except the decisions to enter and stay in the meth business).

I think a lot of good people make the exact same decision.
I don't think a willingness to kill dozens of people to stay out of jail is as common a trait among "good" people as you do.

Evidence: most people currently in jail are not there for murder or attempted murder.

ETA: Killing innocent people to save your own life is probably not an easy decision for most people either. Hell, there's an entire series of movies (Saw) depicting that exact choice as a form of psychological torture.

Last edited by a moderator:
He did things a lot of people would to save their own life, stay out of jail, or save a friend's life.

Every "bad" decision was for one of those reasons (except the decisions to enter and stay in the meth business).

I don't think a willingness to kill dozens of people to stay out of jail is as common a trait among "good" people as you do.

Evidence: most people currently in jail are not there for murder or attempted murder.

ETA: Killing innocent people to save your own life is probably not an easy decision for most people either. Hell, there's an entire series of movies (Saw) depicting that exact choice as a form of psychological torture.
Walt hasn't killed an innocent person (some who didn't choose an extremely dangerous lifestyle or was murderous themselves).

He's only actually killed, what, 4 people himself? 2 of them were done in about the least intimate way possible (with a car) in full panic mode as they were about to kill a person he sees as a son. One had already tried to kill him, and was about try again after Walt had decided not to kill him. We saw very plainly the anguish the whole ordeal put him through. The other was his only questionable decision, but again it was a murderer that he hated. It was after he'd been living that lifestyle for a year.

For much of the killing Walt's done, it hasn't been with his own hands.

I have only seen one of the Saw movies, but those seem like a far different scenario (I only remember people having to mutilate themselves to live and predictably still dying anyway). I'd assume much of the anguish is trying to figure out what the hell is going on and trying (like Walt in every instance) to figure out a way out of this without killing.

As far as other criminals not murdering, for 99.9% of criminals leaving witnesses doesn't automatically equal a life sentence (which Walt was looking at by the time he first ordered a murder for his freedom). They still think they can get away with it without murder. It's pretty irrelevant though, as most of Walt's killing was to save his life, not his freedom.

Walt hasn't killed an innocent person (some who didn't choose an extremely dangerous lifestyle or was murderous themselves).

He's only actually killed, what, 4 people himself? 2 of them were done in about the least intimate way possible (with a car) in full panic mode as they were about to kill a person he sees as a son. One had already tried to kill him, and was about try again after Walt had decided not to kill him. We saw very plainly the anguish the whole ordeal put him through. The other was his only questionable decision, but again it was a murderer that he hated. It was after he'd been living that lifestyle for a year.

I have only seen one of the Saw movies, but those seem like a far different scenario (I only remember people having to mutilate themselves to live and predictably still dying anyway). I'd assume much of the anguish is trying to figure out what the hell is going on and trying (like Walt in every instance) to figure out a way out of this without killing.

As far as other criminals not murdering, for 99.9% of criminals leaving witnesses doesn't automatically equal a life sentence (which Walt was looking at by the time he first ordered a murder for his freedom). They still think they can get away with it without murder. It's pretty irrelevant though, as most of Walt's killing was to save his life, not his freedom.
:lol:

Which person that Walt decided, directly, to kill would you not have killed? (I'm mostly conceding the point on Mike)

Walt shot Mike because Mike yelled at him. That's what that was about.
Mike was almost daring Walt to shoot him. Again and again.
Mike didn't know Walt had a gun and had no indication from past experience that Walt would have a gun or use it. Remember, Mike views Walt as a guy who messes everything up and in way over his head as a "real criminal". Oh, and thinks he's really dumb about anything requiring "street smarts". It wasn't until Mike got in the car to drive away and looked in his bag that he realized Walt had a gun (his gun) and he realized his mistake at that moment.

Mike didn't know Walt had a gun and had no indication from past experience that Walt would have a gun or use it. Remember, Mike views Walt as a guy who messes everything up and in way over his head as a "real criminal". Oh, and thinks he's really dumb about anything requiring "street smarts". It wasn't until Mike got in the car to drive away and looked in his bag that he realized Walt had a gun (his gun) and he realized his mistake at that moment.
He knew about the gun Walt bought from Jim Beavers.

He's also a pretty smart fella, and had to have considered that Walt might've checked the bag.

No matter, I agree that Mike underestimated Walt and probably didn't think Walt had a gun or would use it. But, IMO, it's that attitude that was "daring" Walt to kill him (even if it was unwittingly).

Which person that Walt decided, directly, to kill would you not have killed? (I'm mostly conceding the point on Mike)
all those people on the plane

Mike punched out a different Walt in the bar whatever season that was. Walt evolved more and more into Heisenberg, but Mike kept treating him like the same old Walt. No respect and sort of just brushing him off. The treatment of Walt is what got Mike killed.

Yeah, it took me a minute to realize you guys were kidding.
no jokes....i'm serious like AIDS
Oh, obviously Walt share's some responsibility in the plane crash deaths. Most goes to Jane's dad, Jane 2nd, with Walt and Jesse somewhere behind that. If Jane's dad was seeing a therapist that had to approve him going back to work, throw him in there somewhere.

But that has nothing to do with what I was talking about.

Scoresman said:
why are we censored like children on this board?
Some on this board are children.

I'm on mobile, so it's difficult to ban you or whatever right now, but please don't circumvent the language filter. Thanks for understanding.

Do you watch Breaking Bad? Serious question.

Do you watch Breaking Bad? Serious question.
Yes. Why do you ask?

Raider Nation said:
Aaron Rudnicki said:
Scoresman said:
Jojo the circus boy said:
Scoresman said:
marie looked hot as ##### in this episode.
steam?
why are we censored like children on this board?
Marking this to ban you later.
Whoa... what did I miss? Did he at least get his money's worth?
Yup. Posting the acronym of "For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge" (in all caps no less) will do the trick.

Marie's always worn purple, but in last season's finale she was wearing yellow and taking pre-natal vitamins. It's possible she had a miscarriage between seasons and the writers haven't told us (like Gail and Gus probably being gay).
Wait, what?
After which season? Marie was drinking when she called Walt the devil at the end of season 5a/which was the start of 5b. She also mentioned the vitamins had something to do with her hair looking good.
Just a theory people.

That interview with Marie give us something on Flynn that is being overlooked.

What if he fell out of love with breakfast and got a taste for the blue meth? What if he overdosed on the stuff? We've got to get Flynn worked more into these final episodes!

:popcorn:

Users who are viewing this thread