What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tiger Woods (2 Viewers)

Fin, you lucked into one - maybe a once in a career Tiger lapse. But love your sig....
Luck? Yeah, it was a once-in-a-career choke-job by Woods, but when that first-ever choke comes at a point in his career that Finless has tried warning everyone about, it's not luck- it's the exclaimation point to his thread. This is what he's been trying to tell you.If it makes the Woods fans feels better, there are more of the meaningless tournaments coming up. Tiger will win again.

The anti-woods shtick is sooo tiring.
Are you denying that the mystique is gone? There was a time that the other guys on teh leaderboard would get the Tiger-####s on Sundays. Thos days are long gone.0-4 in majors this year, including a missed cut. This isn't anti-Woods shtick. This is fact.

You gonna pay up? I've got a screen shot saved before the posts were edited.
Please try to stay classy, Finless. :lmao:
C P 3 O said:
Finless said:
Sorry Oat, we're not on. I only cleared one bet and that was with PizzaDeliveryGuy. Figured if I wanted to see anyone get lucky it should be the guy driving pies around for a living. :lmao:
Finless showed real class in not shooting fish in a barrel. :coffee:

Are you denying that the mystique is gone? There was a time that the other guys on teh leaderboard would get the Tiger-####s on Sundays. Thos days are long gone.0-4 in majors this year, including a missed cut. This isn't anti-Woods shtick. This is fact.
godam i so hope you're trolling.
What are you talking about? I know that 'trolling' and 'shtick' are popular words around here, but what part of my statement are you questioning? :goodposting:

Ok, you found one guy who beat Tiger head to head on Sunday. So he's 14 out of 15 in majors when leading after 54 holes. I think you also put down that Tiger wins "meaningless" tourneys on the Tour. The only meaningless tourneys on the Tour are the ones that Tiger skips when he is healthy. That is defined by tv ratings and competition. That is a fact. Good luck with your fishing trip or was it your turn today to keep the thread alive?

A lot of people angry at watching Tiger get dismantled before their eyes.
:ph34r: Still waiting for the Tiger-fans' movement to consider four different tournaments to be the majors (changing year-by-year depending on which ones he won).
But, but, but...he won "Jack's tournament"; isn't that a "major"? :lol:
I guess there are major-minors now. :wall:
Why are the Majors so important to you? Honest question here. What makes it so different to win the PGA over The Bridgestone Inv.?

A lot of people angry at watching Tiger get dismantled before their eyes.
:lmao: Still waiting for the Tiger-fans' movement to consider four different tournaments to be the majors (changing year-by-year depending on which ones he won).
But, but, but...he won "Jack's tournament"; isn't that a "major"? :lol:
I guess there are major-minors now. :ph34r:
Why are the Majors so important to you?
To me? The majors in golf and the grand slam events in tennis have forever-been the measuring stick of success in their sports. For years, Phil Michelson was winning every minor event that golf could come up with but couldn't win a major and that defined him until he finally won one. You can't change the measuring stick just because your guy isn't winning majors.

Fin, you lucked into one - maybe a once in a career Tiger lapse. But love your sig....
Luck? Yeah, it was a once-in-a-career choke-job by Woods, but when that first-ever choke comes at a point in his career that Finless has tried warning everyone about, it's not luck- it's the exclaimation point to his thread. This is what he's been trying to tell you.If it makes the Woods fans feels better, there are more of the meaningless tournaments coming up. Tiger will win again.
:lmao: :ph34r:

To me? The majors in golf and the grand slam events in tennis have forever-been the measuring stick of success in their sports. For years, Phil Michelson was winning every minor event that golf could come up with but couldn't win a major and that defined him until he finally won one. You can't change the measuring stick just because your guy isn't winning majors.
Way to not answer the question. Why is the PGA defining but the Bridgestone Invitational is not? If you have these "measuring sticks" in your head this should be a fairly simple question to answer.

link?

Way to not answer the question. Why is the PGA defining but the Bridgestone Invitational is not? If you have these "measuring sticks" in your head this should be a fairly simple question to answer.
I thought JuniorNB answered the question perfectly. I'm not a Tiger fan nor a Tiger hater, but whether you like it or not, Tiger's career, for the most part, will be defined by the number of majors he wins. That's just the way it is.

There is no denying that Tiger didn't win a major this year and I am sure he is upset with that, honeslty I don't really care how Tiger feels.

I am not a Tiger fan, but the follishness to proclaim Tiger is DONE! because he didn't win a major this year, only came in second, while still being the #1 Golfer in the World, is just ignorant.

Just to help you out here, because you are failing miserably, the last major Tiger had won was when he had a torn ACL, and a double stress fracture. Usually, that takes more than a year to recover from. Tiger has had a great run of Tournaments this past month, is #1 in the World, and still the benchmark of the Tour. All Tiger has to do if fix a few things, and he is just as dominant as he was before his knee surgery. Despite losing the PGA Championship, he still played the best Golf out of all of the others. He just fell short. He misjudged a few approach shots to the green, and his putts just missed by a hair on a few putts.

You would fish better if you knew what you were talking about.

Why is the PGA defining but the Bridgestone Invitational is not?
Same reason a superbowl is more defining then a CFL championship.

I have always heard that putters usually start burning the edges as they get older. I heard 30 was the benchmark. I couldnt shake that thought yesterday as I watched.

Well, Tiger has won 14 of them, and just fell short of #15. Guess what? He still is favored to beat Jack's record. After having a torn ACL last year.ETA: I guess we shout put an asterisk next to Sam Snead in the record books too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, Tiger has won 14 of them, and just fell short of #15. Guess what? He still is favored to beat Jack's record. After having a torn ACL last year.
wat?

The Bridgestone pays more, is harder to get into, is played on one of the top courses in the country, and has just as good of a field.Are those the reasons you were referring to?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, Tiger has won 14 of them, and just fell short of #15. Guess what? He still is favored to beat Jack's record. After having a torn ACL last year.
wat?
http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/news/story?id=3450453http://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/news...acl-surgery-faq

The Bridgestone pays more, is harder to get into, is played on one of the top courses in the country, and has just as good of a field.Are those the reasons you were referring to?
Mickelson has won the Hope twice. DONE!!

I thought JuniorNB answered the question perfectly. I'm not a Tiger fan nor a Tiger hater, but whether you like it or not, Tiger's career, for the most part, will be defined by the number of majors he wins. That's just the way it is.
So in your and JrNB's world Shaun Micheel has had a better career and is a much better golfer than Kenny Perry? Fascinating.

What people miss here is that golfers lose more on the Tour than they win. Tiger just wins more than they do.

wat?
http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/news/story?id=3450453http://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/news...acl-surgery-faq
Thanks for the common knowledge links. Still not sure what that has to do with my post or why you quoted my post when replying?p.s. the bolded part is something you bolded - not me.

HTH

no

So in your and JrNB's world Shaun Micheel has had a better career and is a much better golfer than Kenny Perry? Fascinating.
:lmao: What? I said Tiger Woods career; not Shaun Micheel's, not Kenny Perry's, not anybody else's for that matter. In my world, Tiger Woods is held to a higher standard than any other golfer, because Tiger Woods holds himself to a higher standard than any other golfer. Tiger has made it abundantly clear that his mission is to go down as the greatest golfer to ever tee it up. He knows that in order to do that, he must beat Jack's majors record. I don't understand why you don't get that.Let me ask you this: Do you think, if Tiger could win 4, and only 4 tournaments in a season, and could somehow magically choose which tournaments he wins, do you think he would pick the Bridgestone over one of the majors? Or would he choose the 4 majors?And just for the record, I do NOT think Tiger is "done." Far from it. In fact, I think he goes on to shatter Jack's majors record.

Users who are viewing this thread