What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tiger Woods (3 Viewers)

I'm sure you could go bump one of my posts and make me look stupid, but IDGAF.

The fact the equipment today effectively neutralizes driving distance is going to make this sort of thing very possible.  I wouldn't be shocked that they only really take up equipment changes after Tiger is completely gone and buried.
You still have to swing speed 115-120 and hit it square

• Smile
Reactions: Zow
$100 he wins another PGA event in the next two years. It took like a month....
Oof.

This was fun to watch. This is like the old tiger, the huge crowd, big noises, unbelievable shots, all the putts going in. 

He was#1 for 13 years, his level has never been attained by any of the current players. For him to show what that's like even for one tournament was breathtaking.

Bravo

O/U 85 PGA wins is a much more interesting bet (at 80 after today).
Yep, getting that record looks very doable now. I’m not convinced he gets to Jack but the two big takeaways are: 1. Tiger is playing phenomenal considering everything he’s gone through and his age and 2. Golf if back on the map for a lot of people who stopped watching - that scene at 18 happens for basically no other current golfer.  Also, my kids are now getting to see a glimpse of the Tiger we all saw.

Tiger is now official #13 in the world.  From 1189 to 13 in one calendar year.  Also, he's only played 22 events.  OWGR requires 40 counting events, so he has 18 zeros and he's still 13th.  If his ranking was based on the 22 events he's played, he would be #1.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks.  I was trying to find this earlier.  Figured he'd been in the top-x consistently enough that the win would make it so, but didn't see how to do the calc.
He actually had 2 tourneys last year that counted too before the injury, so he's got 22 counting events, not 20.  He'd still be #1 if it was based on those 22 though.

DJ is #1 again with an average of 10.2944

Tiger has 232.83 points in 22 events.  That would put him at 10.5832.

OWGR

Tiger is now official #13 in the world.  From 1189 to 13 in one calendar year.  Also, he's only played 22 events.  OWGR requires 40 counting events, so he has 18 zeros and he's still 13th.  If his ranking was based on the 22 events he's played, he would be #1.
He’s the best player in the world again. 

Ha. Yep.

He actually had 2 tourneys last year that counted too before the injury, so he's got 22 counting events, not 20.  He'd still be #1 if it was based on those 22 though.

DJ is #1 again with an average of 10.2944

Tiger has 232.83 points in 22 events.  That would put him at 10.5832.

OWGR
Crazy. 

Just read that if Justin Rose didn't make birdie on 18 then tiger wins the FedEx cup also.

Not sure which is cooler, that Rose made a one putt for $10 Million or that tiger even had a chance. Unbelievable
Most definitely. Had to make birdie on the last, and even though it was an easy birdie hole, to get a tap in under that pressure was awesome for Rose.

SportsBettingDime.com has Woods listed at 5/1 to win either the Masters, PGA Championship, U.S. Open or Open Championship in 2019.
I’m giving you all 4 of them. I’ll throw in 2 more of the other big ones - I’ll defer to the experts as to what those are. I’m trying to give you money.

Sounds like maybe the video he's watching in the clip isn't the one that we're seeing.  The comments are real, just not what he's viewing.

So brandel chamblee, one of the biggest tiger critics is on the phone live right now talking to the golf channel about how great tiger is. Not hearing him say he was wrong though, of course. What a dbag.

When did they quit doing that tournament after the players with the stableford scoring thing?  That was wild-###.  

The mob on 18 was crazy to watch...Rory trying to sprint ahead to give Tiger the walk and then both being surrounded.

Also the story they told about Jason Day (I think it was) hitting driver in the range and bombing them...joking with Tiger he can’t do that any more old man.  Tiger turned and told him to look at his putter over there...it’s won 13 majors. And Day was like...how can I even say anything after that...

Rory running to get out of the way of the mob was funny.  He couldn't wait to putt out and get out of the way on, essentially, they last few holes.  

That said, I'm sure it will be a whole different story this weekend in Paris.  He'll be the local hero everyone cheers for.  

He can't out drive the field anymore but he's plenty long and it's always been his short game that's won it. There was about a ten year period where he never missed a 5 footer. If he can continue to putt and hit fairways I think he wins a lot more.

The mob on 18 was crazy to watch...Rory trying to sprint ahead to give Tiger the walk and then both being surrounded.

Also the story they told about Jason Day (I think it was) hitting driver in the range and bombing them...joking with Tiger he can’t do that any more old man.  Tiger turned and told him to look at his putter over there...it’s won 13 majors. And Day was like...how can I even say anything after that...
That was cool. That's how they use to do it in the old days, especially the British open.

There's old vidoes of Palmer in his prime trying to get out of the crowd that was running up the fairway.

Was cool to see it again and probably bigger

And now that he’s won players are gonna feel it. The intimidation is real.  It’s only just begun. 
I'm wondering how this "intimidation" is being interpreted by fans. I don't think its Tiger specifically. I think its the arena created by the massive crowd. I heard Chamblee describing it this morning trying to explain it to Golic on the radio, but Golic didn't get it. Its not Tiger, its the insane crowd. I got to see it once up close over a two day period when I was volunteering at the US Open in Chambers Bay. Tiger played with Fowler and Louis Oos the first two days. They were the only threesome that had a massive security detail that stayed between Tiger and the crowd 100% of the time. When guys were on the tee and putting the crowd was in constant movement with a buzz. It was so different than when all the other players came through. People can talk about the young players not be intimidated by a player they haven't watched live be dominant. I get that, but the zoo created by the crowd is something new to younger players and I can only see it getting worse next year if Tiger makes pushes in majors. 

Speaking of the crowd and constant attention paid to Tiger I have a different rant. The tour has allowed an unfair imbalance to be created by the cameras. Some players are going to have EVERY shot broadcast. Its putting them under a microscope that other players don't get. If they're going to allow rules violations to be called based on what someone sees on TV (its happened, and I think it happens again eventually) they are creating two different standards. Not good. 

So brandel chamblee, one of the biggest tiger critics is on the phone live right now talking to the golf channel about how great tiger is. Not hearing him say he was wrong though, of course. What a dbag.
Just made reference  to that interview in my post. Had the same thought. Chamblee was harsh just destroying Tiger three years ago. Now here he is praising him. Complete dbag. 

Living up to your user name! :thumbup:  
Apparently;

1. Including the name of a fictional golfer from Happy Gilmore

2. Using that smiley at the end

3. Using a word the 3 Stooges made up

wasn't enough to let you know it was a joke post poking at the Tiger haters.

I'll try to be more obvious from now on.

AAABatteries said:
Yep, getting that record looks very doable now. I’m not convinced he gets to Jack but the two big takeaways are: 1. Tiger is playing phenomenal considering everything he’s gone through and his age and 2. Golf if back on the map for a lot of people who stopped watching - that scene at 18 happens for basically no other current golfer.  Also, my kids are now getting to see a glimpse of the Tiger we all saw.
These are people that don't care a thing about golf, they just want people to think they do and that they are Tiger's biggest fan. They are idiots. They are why I root against him. Nothing against him. It's these idiots that I root against and that means I root against him. So they jumped on Tiger's bandwagon in the late 90s, sold their clubs when he went dormant and have come back to jump on the bandwagon again. Good for the golf business but they are serious idiots. Morons like this guy a number of tourney's ago: 'yeah Tiger!!! Great shot Tiger!!!!!' He had no idea where it went because Tiger was behind trees. It went I the bunker. Yeah, most are complete morons.

These are people that don't care a thing about golf, they just want people to think they do and that they are Tiger's biggest fan. They are idiots. They are why I root against him. Nothing against him. It's these idiots that I root against and that means I root against him. So they jumped on Tiger's bandwagon in the late 90s, sold their clubs when he went dormant and have come back to jump on the bandwagon again. Good for the golf business but they are serious idiots. Morons like this guy a number of tourney's ago: 'yeah Tiger!!! Great shot Tiger!!!!!' He had no idea where it went because Tiger was behind trees. It went I the bunker. Yeah, most are complete morons.
Weird that Tiger, who’s like 15 feet away from people doing this, can tune them out. Meanwhile, you with your ### plopped on the couch, 15 feet away from the TV, can’t find a way to do the same. I mean do you really need the sound on and Johnny Miller telling you what’s happening? Are you some kind of a complete moron?

Weird that Tiger, who’s like 15 feet away from people doing this, can tune them out. Meanwhile, you with your ### plopped on the couch, 15 feet away from the TV, can’t find a way to do the same. I mean do you really need the sound on and Johnny Miller telling you what’s happening? Are you some kind of a complete moron?
I didn't need the sound to tell me what I wrote above. It just confirmed it and I can't turn off the video. Bye.

Users who are viewing this thread