What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tiger Woods (3 Viewers)

Finless

Congrats on continuing to get responses from us on an ever escalating scale of ridiculousness.

I will take Tiger but I want 3-2, let's be fair, he's had it ...right?

http://chicagosports.sportsdirectinc.com/odds/PGA.aspx
He actually went off at 5/7 or 10/13 today. So Finless was correct in wanting odds.
Thanks for pointing that out. Does someone here honestly not think I know the meaning of straight up? Get real. I was clearly joking around asking for odds after posting a gigantic STRAIGHT UP. Tiger with a one stroke lead going into the last major of the season without a major win should be a favorite over the field. I'm not as stupid as my avatar looks.

Finless

Congrats on continuing to get responses from us on an ever escalating scale of ridiculousness.

He actually went off at 5/7 or 10/13 today. So Finless was correct in wanting odds.
Thanks for pointing that out. Does someone here honestly not think I know the meaning of straight up? Get real. I was clearly joking around asking for odds after posting a gigantic STRAIGHT UP. Tiger with a one stroke lead going into the last major of the season without a major win should be a favorite over the field. I'm not as stupid as my avatar looks.
[shtick] What? You only play the buffoon on the internet? Is life so dull that you have to resort to entertaining yourself by acting like an idiot and giggling to yourself as you type drivel?[/shtick]

Finless

[shtick] What? You only play the buffoon on the internet? Is life so dull that you have to resort to entertaining yourself by acting like an idiot and giggling to yourself as you type drivel?[/shtick]
Buffoon? Idiot? DRIVEL!?!? I put my money where my mouth is, chief. At this point it looks like I'll lose but at least I have the nards to put the clams up. Honestly, this is the first post of yours I've ever noticed. If I somehow got you you this bad for starting a thread about Tiger 3 months ago when he wasn't playing well, maybe you should take a look at your own life...chimp.

Finless

Buffoon? Idiot? DRIVEL!?!? I put my money where my mouth is, chief. At this point it looks like I'll lose but at least I have the nards to put the clams up. Honestly, this is the first post of yours I've ever noticed. If I somehow got you you this bad for starting a thread about Tiger 3 months ago when he wasn't playing well, maybe you should take a look at your own life...chimp.
Someone's testy tonight. :thumbup: Surprised to see you throwing in the towel halfway thru the tournament though. :mellow:

Finless

This is some good stuff - chief ...chimp ...nards. Way to show him who's boss there champ.

Couldn't confirm the amount before today's 2nd round, so I'll gracefully let Fin off the hook. It looks like he'll take enough of a beating as it is..

Finless

you've hit rock bottom

Couldn't confirm the amount before today's 2nd round, so I'll gracefully let Fin off the hook. It looks like he'll take enough of a beating as it is..
You think this was just like an open offer to anyone on the webs? Like you could just jump in without my confirmation and you're money would be good here? I'd have to confirm any bets.I'm honestly not liking my chances but there's a decent chance we;ll see Tiger burying his 5 iron into the rough.

You think this was just like an open offer to anyone on the webs? Like you could just jump in without my confirmation and you're money would be good here? I'd have to confirm any bets.I'm honestly not liking my chances but there's a decent chance we;ll see Tiger burying his 5 iron into the rough.
I'm disappointed in that you haven't shared your experience with Poana greens. Not in the Carl Spackler way, but in the belly putter with the Walrus factor. You really need to address this.

Which is taking more miles off the odometer, this guy or Fin's massive backpedaling effort in here? Guy is putting on a clinic.

Which is taking more miles off the odometer, this guy or Fin's massive backpedaling effort in here? Guy is putting on a clinic.
Sorry Oat, we're not on. I only cleared one bet and that was with PizzaDeliveryGuy. Figured if I wanted to see anyone get lucky it should be the guy driving pies around for a living. :headbang:

Sorry Oat, we're not on. I only cleared one bet and that was with PizzaDeliveryGuy. Figured if I wanted to see anyone get lucky it should be the guy driving pies around for a living. ;)
:drive:

What's the big draw with Phil Mickelson. I don't get it. They just need a protagonist for Tiger's antagonist?

What's the big draw with Phil Mickelson. I don't get it. They just need a protagonist for Tiger's antagonist?
He has a great rack
Is this guy really the second best golfer in the world? I honestly think on a good day I'd have a chance against him at one of my local courses...
Do you want an honest answer or are you just going to shtick it up?
Maybe I just happen to miss him when he's playing well. This is what I usually notice "Can Mickelson catch Tiger?", "Tiger jumps out in front of Mickelson", "Mickelson Struggling". Then I check the standings and Tiger is -15 and Mickelson is +1. Does he just play well in the smaller/easier events/venues?I'm tired of hearing about Mickelson.

If Tiger didnt exist...Phil would be the one being talked about in historical terms. It just so happens he is around when Tiger is dominating...

If Tiger didnt exist...Phil would be the one being talked about in historical terms. It just so happens he is around when Tiger is dominating...
I just did some research. There's nothing really historical about this guy.
Tiger Woods- 248 evets, 70 wins.....28.2%Jack Nicklaus- 594 events, 73 wins....12.3%

Phil Mickelon- 327 events, 36 wins....11%

Arnold Palmer- 734 events, 62 wins....8.4%

Tom Watson- 595 events, 39 wins....6.6%

Granted, the percentages come down as you play into your 50's and 60's....but nah, Phil is nowhere near as prolific a golfer as some of the all time greats. Get a clue guy.

Actually his stats are rather impressive. As far as the likability factor, I believe that it has to do with his aggressive and gambling style of play rather than his personality and such.If Tiger and Phil both go out and shoot -5 it probably looks like this most times.......

Tiger 11 pars, 6 birdies, 1 bogey while making every putt inside of 12 feet

Phil 9 pars, 6 birdies, 1 eagle , 1 bogey, 1 double while missing 2 short putts and making a 70 footer

Tiger Woods- 248 evets, 70 wins.....28.2%

Jack Nicklaus- 594 events, 73 wins....12.3%

Granted, the percentages come down as you play into your 50's and 60's....but nah, Phil is nowhere near as prolific a golfer as some of the all time greats. Get a clue guy.
Get a clue? Is this a list of the best winning percentages ever or did you just decide to grab a few popular names? I think you may have left a few people out of the mix, guy.
Actually his stats are rather impressive. As far as the likability factor, I believe that it has to do with his aggressive and gambling style of play rather than his personality and such.If Tiger and Phil both go out and shoot -5 it probably looks like this most times.......

Tiger 11 pars, 6 birdies, 1 bogey while making every putt inside of 12 feet

Phil 9 pars, 6 birdies, 1 eagle , 1 bogey, 1 double while missing 2 short putts and making a 70 footer
Make sense. This is the kind of info I was looking for.

Get a clue? Is this a list of the best winning percentages ever or did you just decide to grab a few popular names? I think you may have left a few people out of the mix, guy.
Who else would you like to see? These are widely considered some of the greatest golfers of all time...Anyone who has a winning percentage better than Arnold Palmer is doing pretty well...wouldnt you say?

What kind of numbers did you uncover in you research? Anybody on tour today you would like me to look up?

Vijay? 8%

Sergio? 3.7%

Paul Casey? 1.2%

Who else would you like me to give you? Its not really even close. He is easily the second best player on tour. You just seem to have zero knowledge about the game of golf.

Who else would you like to see? These are widely considered some of the greatest golfers of all time...Anyone who has a winning percentage better than Arnold Palmer is doing pretty well...wouldnt you say?

What kind of numbers did you uncover in you research? Anybody on tour today you would like me to look up?

Vijay? 8%

Sergio? 3.7%

Paul Casey? 1.2%

Who else would you like me to give you? Its not really even close. He is easily the second best player on tour. You just seem to have zero knowledge about the game of golf.
Knowledge about the game? Like sitting around watching golf all weekend? Subscribing to golf digest? I just asked a question. PizzaDeliveryGuy answered it like a normal person would answer a question. You're getting all fired up. Was thinking of starting a Phil Mickelson is overrated or is a choker thread but it probably already exists. I never said I was a golf genius. I just really got back into it this year. I like to play golf. I don't generally sit home and watch it. If you're ever in my neck of the woods and have a couple thousand handy, look me up.

Vijay? 8%

Sergio? 3.7%

Paul Casey? 1.2%

Knowledge about the game? Like sitting around watching golf all weekend? Subscribing to golf digest? I just asked a question. PizzaDeliveryGuy answered it like a normal person would answer a question. You're getting all fired up. Was thinking of starting a Phil Mickelson is overrated or is a choker thread but it probably already exists. I never said I was a golf genius. I just really got back into it this year. I like to play golf. I don't generally sit home and watch it. If you're ever in my neck of the woods and have a couple thousand handy, look me up.
Like you did one page back...

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry Oat, we're not on. I only cleared one bet and that was with PizzaDeliveryGuy. Figured if I wanted to see anyone get lucky it should be the guy driving pies around for a living. :coffee:
Never thought you'd pull a Chase here.

Users who are viewing this thread