What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How do you feel about Cutler now? (current info on pg 46) (2 Viewers)

Fox is a liar.  Supported garbage hoyer throughout and now claiming it was Jay's job all along.  Cutler saw through it and so did everyone else.  Jay could've played two weeks ago.  Now,  somehow Cutler hasn't practiced any and completely cleared to play already . You're a horrible liar,  Fox.  No one likes a liar. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Fox is a liar.  Supported garbage hoyer throughout and now claiming it was Jay's job all along.  Cutler saw through it and so did everyone else.  Jay could've played two weeks ago.  Now,  somehow Cutler hasn't practiced any and completely cleared to play already . You're a horrible liar,  Fox.  No one likes a liar. 
Really crappy part is they may have beaten Green Bay if Cutler had come in last week when Hoyer went down. Bears had the lead, and the defense was controlling the game. Trying to avoid a QB controversy basically cost them a win.

Thoughts on chances vs MIN? I feel like Cutler could come in and have such a huge chip on his shoulder he blows up MIN

but... it is the bears...

I wouldn't put much faith in anyone on the Bears.  Their coaching staff is a joke and OL will be worse than ever if both guards are out,  AND they're playing the vikes.  That's said,  Cutler has the ability to really do anything he wants.  

Thoughts on chances vs MIN? I feel like Cutler could come in and have such a huge chip on his shoulder he blows up MIN

but... it is the bears...
Gut prediction, Cutler makes some big plays for both teams. More turnovers and more sustained offense. He might be rusty, but he might also come out hot. I certainly wouldn't want to start him fantasy wise, but I would think its a huge boost to Jeffery, and possibly Royal(whom he's always liked going back to Denver) and a huge downgrade to Miller and Meredith.

250-2-2 seems reasonable to me.

Gut prediction, Cutler makes some big plays for both teams. More turnovers and more sustained offense. He might be rusty, but he might also come out hot. I certainly wouldn't want to start him fantasy wise, but I would think its a huge boost to Jeffery, and possibly Royal(whom he's always liked going back to Denver) and a huge downgrade to Miller and Meredith.

250-2-2 seems reasonable to me.
Royal didn't practice again yesterday, no word yet on today.  If I can get one more good game out of Meredith, maybe move him for a bag of chips.

I cut Meredith and picked up Beasley. Not much value for Meredith with his BFF gone and MN this week and a bye next week. I already have 2 WRs with week 9 byes so at least Beasley gives me a matchup against the Browns that week.

interesting schedule leading up to FF playoffs, especially after his bye. 

8     Min

9     bye

10   @TB

11   Ten

12   SF

13   @Det

14   GB

15   Wash

16   @Min

Hard to predict how this week will go.  Probably both guards out.  Both tackles are terrible .  Jay will be harassed as usual.  OC can't figure out how to call a run play.  But Jay will be angry .  He has the ability to dominant if the idiotic coaching staff puts him in a better spot 

OLine still broken..  Guys got one WR..  No TE blankie.. Run game is somewhere between changing, and non-existent..  

Id think any input is only helpful for maybe 16+ Leagues?  Im just thinking its more like pick your poison.  Ive liked Cutler, and dont feel the need to mention anything more than the departure of Marshall, for most to understand, that the Bears have failed to provide the tools of the trade..  Chicago fans get to see Cutler "operate" , mistakenly viewing him as capable of having great games, that are actually dependent upon defenses providing them..  IF the defense is good enough to shut down #17?  Its probably not going to be a pretty game..  The big picture requires a look at any chance of the Bears defense holding a team back..  Id not count Cutler out, just because of his arm, and garbage time!

This is no different than mainstream media now. The fake reporters say anything and everything to get people to pay attention to them.  Jay started in NFL over 10 years and had 6 oc in 8 years and had to learn a new playbook every time, yet he didn't care. Sure. 
Either that or his erratic decision making caused 6 OC's to lose their jobs in 8 years.

Remember that one year when Cutler had Marshall/Jeffery at WR, Bennett at TE, Forte in the backfield and Cutler got outplayed by his backup? Badly outplayed by his backup?

He just does.

Either that or his erratic decision making caused 6 OC's to lose their jobs in 8 years.

Remember that one year when Cutler had Marshall/Jeffery at WR, Bennett at TE, Forte in the backfield and Cutler got outplayed by his backup? Badly outplayed by his backup?

He just does.
Josh McCown was always underrated and not a bad starter when he played.    

Josh McCown is a back up QB and he's proved it numerous times.  The main reason he looked so good with the Bears is because of the WRs he had.  McCown would just chuck it up for them to grab.

Cutler's problem has never been a lack of skills but a lack of good decision making.  He's always turned the ball over way too much and taken too many sacks.  He knows he has a strong arm and seems to be overconfident too often and forces the ball into coverage.  He holds on to the ball way too long in the pocket which led to a ton of sacks and fumbles.

If Cutler could have just played smarter he would have been pretty damn good.  He has skills that not many QBs have.

Josh McCown is a back up QB and he's proved it numerous times.  The main reason he looked so good with the Bears is because of the WRs he had.  McCown would just chuck it up for them to grab.

Cutler's problem has never been a lack of skills but a lack of good decision making.  He's always turned the ball over way too much and taken too many sacks.  He knows he has a strong arm and seems to be overconfident too often and forces the ball into coverage.  He holds on to the ball way too long in the pocket which led to a ton of sacks and fumbles.

If Cutler could have just played smarter he would have been pretty damn good.  He has skills that not many QBs have.
McCown played well in Cleveland which is tough. Agreed on cutler. 

McCown played well in Cleveland which is tough. Agreed on cutler. 
He's done alright in Cleveland.  If he was good enough he'd be the starter there but he just never does well enough to keep a starting job.  He's a fantastic back up QB though.  I've always liked the guy.

Josh McCown was always underrated and not a bad starter when he played.    
Maybe so, but it sounded like some people were trying to make the excuse that no QB could be successful in the situation Cutler was in. That is clearly not the case. If you are arguing that McCown should have been the starter and Cutler the backup based on how they played in the exact same situation, I find it hard to argue with you.

Maybe so, but it sounded like some people were trying to make the excuse that no QB could be successful in the situation Cutler was in. That is clearly not the case. If you are arguing that McCown should have been the starter and Cutler the backup based on how they played in the exact same situation, I find it hard to argue with you.
I believe that some QBs may have done better like McCown did but not many QBs were going to win them a championship.  They just had too many problems.

Very similar to Jeff George.  Loads of talent but a negative on the intangibles scale.  Not sure what team if any will be interested at this point. Maybe to compete for job at a very reasonably salary.

Which is why hope springs eternal with guys like him...

ESPN's Rich Cimini would "be surprised" if Jay Cutler ended up with the Jets.
Cutler to the Jets seems to be the rumor du jour, but Cimini has consistently shot those rumors down. Still, the dots are easy to connect with Cutler's former position coach and former teammates in New York, and the Jets are likely looking for a veteran bridge of Cutler's ilk to get them to their future quarterback. The noise is unlikely to die until the Jets add someone else or Cutler signs with a different team.

Related: Jets

Source: ESPN
Feb 25 - 9:53 AM

Hawkeye21 said:
I don't see Cutler going anywhere to be a back up.  I think he retires if that's his only option.
I don't know. Making a couple million for sitting on the sidelines is a nice retirement package. He does still have to live another 50 years. With his personality I can't imagine what else he would do.

I don't know. Making a couple million for sitting on the sidelines is a nice retirement package. He does still have to live another 50 years. With his personality I can't imagine what else he would do.
He doesn't need that money at all.  He's already made a ton of money and his wife has a successful career.  He could easily live of his wife alone but instead he has his NFL earnings on top of her career earnings.  That's a lot of money.

50 years? I'd be surprised if Cutler lived another 40 TBH...

For starters, life expectancy for NFL players is not very high to begin with. Add in a very serious comorbidity of diabetes and the issues that come with that later in life and I'd be shocked if he made it into his 80s

50 years? I'd be surprised if Cutler lived another 40 TBH...

For starters, life expectancy for NFL players is not very high to begin with. Add in a very serious comorbidity of diabetes and the issues that come with that later in life and I'd be shocked if he made it into his 80s
Not my point to argue over how many years Jay Cutler will be alive. I just think at this stage a couple million to play a backup role is not a bad gig. Not sure his ego will agree however.

Not my point to argue over how many years Jay Cutler will be alive. I just think at this stage a couple million to play a backup role is not a bad gig. Not sure his ego will agree however.
I know. I'm not looking to debate something decades from now. I guess I wasn't seeing the forest through the trees there. Couldn't help myself.

I really don't see him taking backup money or a backup position. Cutler is a pretty big baby. His ego is quite large for a guy who has accomplished nothing. I remember when him and Rivers would get in spats across the field early in their careers. I liked how Rivers would call him out for being a big baby. Rivers is a tool too but that's besides the point.

Most of his options are to be a backup. There are a few where he could be the starter. Earlier in this thread there was a quote from someone who doesn't feel he ends up in NY... I disagree. NY makes the most sense of any team and it's a team he can probably start for the next 2-3 years. He can probably do the same in Chicago but he's clearly worn out his welcome there and is more likely to get benched than going somewhere else like NY. Buffalo might be an option as well. Maybe SF, but I doubt it

I think you guys should make a side bet on how long Jay Cutler will live - but not a big enough bet that if he dies in a suspicious manner that Dr. Brew will be a suspect.
:lol:

Knowing my luck he will outlive me... We are close in age and I always feel like I'll die of some weird thing in my 60s. Although I read somewhere the life expectancy for an NFL athlete was 58? Not sure how true that is. 

:lol:

Knowing my luck he will outlive me... We are close in age and I always feel like I'll die of some weird thing in my 60s. Although I read somewhere the life expectancy for an NFL athlete was 58? Not sure how true that is. 
It's probably brought down significantly by o-lineman and d-linemen who balloon up after their playing careers. You don't see a whole lot of 330+ pound old guys walking around. 

Users who are viewing this thread