What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (14 Viewers)

Either single player or co-op you have wave after wave of increasingly more difficult enemies that you have to vanquish - 15 waves completes it. When you're on Master difficulty it gets wicked. But they're quite fun.

Freakin' shadow troopers. :angry:
Sounds like Zombie's mode for COD? Except for the zombies part of course.  May give that a try.

Was that a mode added later?  I don't recall that from the original menu.

Ooooooooooo, lucky you. Please share your experiences so I can re-live them through you. Can't wait to pick that one up again. I stopped playing at the last boss in NG++ and you know how hard it is to just jump right back in. 
here are my comments so far

* Started out as a Sorcerer but I had a lot of problems early on so I re-started a knight instead

* The progress has been slow (by choice) but extremely steady

* I farmed ember early and am always in Ember mode to get the extra life.

* I am playing every area as slow as I can and then when I finish an area, I check a guide and redo what I miss.  No matter how careful I am I continue to miss things.

* I am level 51 right now and have beaten the following bosses:

ludex Gundyr, Vordt, Cursed Rotted Greatwood, Crystal Sage, Abyss Watchers, and Deacons of the Deep

* Estus is at 9 (+3) which I think is the best I can have it at this point in the game

* I have died less than in other Souls games, mostly because I am having very good luck with the bosses.  Each boss has only taken two tries to kill except the Abyss Watchers, that took 4 times.   I play the entire game solo, no summoning allowed.

* I have been invaded 6 times.  I won 3, lost 2 and one was a no contest.  For the no contest I was going back to a bonfire with no estus and very little life left and was in no condition to fight so I just walked next to a tree, sat in the "rest" pose and the invader walked right by me.

Last edited by a moderator:
NewlyRetired said:
here are my comments so far

* Started out as a Sorcerer but I had a lot of problems early on so I re-started a knight instead

* The progress has been slow (by choice) but extremely steady

* I farmed ember early and am always in Ember mode to get the extra life.

* I am playing every area as slow as I can and then when I finish an area, I check a guide and redo what I miss.  No matter how careful I am I continue to miss things.

* I am level 51 right now and have beaten the following bosses:

ludex Gundyr, Vordt, Cursed Rotted Greatwood, Crystal Sage, Abyss Watchers, and Deacons of the Deep

* Estus is at 9 (+3) which I think is the best I can have it at this point in the game

* I have died less than in other Souls games, mostly because I am having very good luck with the bosses.  Each boss has only taken two tries to kill except the Abyss Watchers, that took 4 times.   I play the entire game solo, no summoning allowed.

* I have been invaded 6 times.  I won 3, lost 2 and one was a no contest.  For the no contest I was going back to a bonfire with no estus and very little life left and was in no condition to fight so I just walked next to a tree, sat in the "rest" pose and the invader walked right by me.
Deacons of the Deep were such a weird boss for me.  There's always one or two bosses where I think they just make it easy for the hell of it. I will say, the area leading up to them was one of my favorites in the game. 

Deacons of the Deep were such a weird boss for me.  There's always one or two bosses where I think they just make it easy for the hell of it. I will say, the area leading up to them was one of my favorites in the game. 
Once you figure out which guy to keep killing, I think Decons of the Deep is one of the easier bosses I have encountered in any Souls game.

Holy #### dishonored 2 is so much harder than original
You think that now, but wait until your second playthrough, when you already know the layout of each area.  It becomes incredibly easy to get from Point A to Point B without being spotted once you know where to go, without really needing anything other than Blink.  (Honestly, the game is still really fun at that point).

You think that now, but wait until your second playthrough, when you already know the layout of each area.  It becomes incredibly easy to get from Point A to Point B without being spotted once you know where to go, without really needing anything other than Blink.  (Honestly, the game is still really fun at that point).
I'm only on mission 3.  The second area I noticed a ton of runes and stuff I just didn't try for due to constantly being seen so just proceeded to the carriage.  Will I get a chance to go back?

I've spent an inordinate amount of time playing Civilization 5.  Took a bit to get into, but then the turns just kept going and I couldn't stop and before I knew it, it was 3am.  And at 6am my kids were up telling me they needed stuff.  I'm too old for this.

I took a short detour from the current games I am playing to give a quick try of Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition on the PC.  I played for about 2 hours, mostly mucking my way through the tutorial dungeon.  By the end I was just starting to get a hang of the controls and could tell the game had some decent depth to it.

I am very much looking forward to pouring a ton of hours into that game once I concentrate on it.  It looks to be roughly 90 hours of game play for one play through if you do main story plus extras.  Right up my ally!

I took a short detour from the current games I am playing to give a quick try of Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition on the PC.  I played for about 2 hours, mostly mucking my way through the tutorial dungeon.  By the end I was just starting to get a hang of the controls and could tell the game had some decent depth to it.

I am very much looking forward to pouring a ton of hours into that game once I concentrate on it.  It looks to be roughly 90 hours of game play for one play through if you do main story plus extras.  Right up my ally!
I just started playing that too! Found it really hard to get into though, so I'm tabling it for now. I have a ton of experience with JRPG's from growing up, but very little CRPG experience, and I have not clue what I'm doing. I accidentally aggro'd like 20 dudes in the first town, and then when I tried to flee it left one of my characters frozen in battle the other was free to roam around the map again. It's gotten such good reviews though, I'd love to have another 80-hr rpg to sink my teeth into this year, along with Witcher 3.

One of maybe three games I've played through twice.  Find a good walkthrough, though.  There's a crazy amount of content in it.

Playing This War Of Mine since it was free for PS plus members. Pretty good game so far. The amount of ways you can play is seemingly infinite. I mean you have to scavenge for goods constantly, but you can be passive or combative, trade or steal, help others or kill others, be defensive or offensive. It could get repetitive at some point, but I'm 13 days in, each day takes 30-45 minutes depending on how you play, and I'm excited to see what happens next.

Playing This War Of Mine since it was free for PS plus members. Pretty good game so far. The amount of ways you can play is seemingly infinite. I mean you have to scavenge for goods constantly, but you can be passive or combative, trade or steal, help others or kill others, be defensive or offensive. It could get repetitive at some point, but I'm 13 days in, each day takes 30-45 minutes depending on how you play, and I'm excited to see what happens next.
I have this on my iPad, but I never play for very long. I start, scavenge for 10 mins, then put it away. 

One day I'll give it a real shot. 

I'm currently trying to finish mass effect 3.  I dont know why but every time I play this it gets so tedious because after every mission the OCD kicks in and I feel the need to scour the Citadel listening to each conversation in hopes of not missing a sidequest.  Ends up taking forever and I get bored.

Sincerely,

Me, about every game ever
Lol, maybe so. I do have some work travel coming up in the next few months and that's mainly when I play games on the iPad. I've got that and Knights of the Old Republic ready to go when the time comes. 

I'm only on mission 3.  The second area I noticed a ton of runes and stuff I just didn't try for due to constantly being seen so just proceeded to the carriage.  Will I get a chance to go back?
No, once you finish the level, you've missed them for good.  I think they're patching in a "mission select" option but I'm not sure how it's going to be implemented.

Scoresman said:
I'm currently trying to finish mass effect 3.  I dont know why but every time I play this it gets so tedious because after every mission the OCD kicks in and I feel the need to scour the Citadel listening to each conversation in hopes of not missing a sidequest.  Ends up taking forever and I get bored.
IIRC only main quest missions will trigger new dialog from your squad members, so no need to make the rounds after every little side quest. 

Scoresman said:
Gaming OCD is the worst. I get it like you described sometimes, but I also experience a need to play games all the way through, even though I'm not enjoying them. I have a list to keep track of what I want to play next, and once something gets on there it's really tough to bail on it. It's that same fear of missing out, like maybe the ending of the game is amazing and makes the whole slog up to that point worth it.

Even if I manage to put it off, I still don't want to forget about it in case I need like 5000 hours of gaming to keep me occupied someday. So I created a "Time Wasters" list for games where I want to remember that they exist, but not make it a point to play.

The boundary between the two lists is permeable, completely destroying the entire purpose of the second list. :wall:

This must be like insulting the Souls overlords because sure enough, a boss has officially made me his #####.  I could not figure out Pontiff at all.  I think I tried 15 times and only came close to killing him once.

I finally surrendered and decided to summon help, and took him down with ease on the first try.  I hated to do it but I felt I was stuck.

This must be like insulting the Souls overlords because sure enough, a boss has officially made me his #####.  I could not figure out Pontiff at all.  I think I tried 15 times and only came close to killing him once.

I finally surrendered and decided to summon help, and took him down with ease on the first try.  I hated to do it but I felt I was stuck.
The game difficulty definitely ramped up for me starting with Pontiff. If you check the DS3 thread, there's probably a good two pages of me #####ing and moaning about trying to beat him.  Honestly that's probably the point the game started really kicking ### for me. 

Scoresman said:
If you miss a few it's not a big deal. You can go to the Spectre office in the embassies and buy any fetch items you didn't get.

I do love the game but they're method of delivering side missions was odd. Shepard hears random conversation, flies all the way to a reaper infested system to scan a planet, land, pick up a meaningless trinket and bring back to the person who had no idea you were eavesdropping on them.

I'm in the middle of streaming ME3 on Twitch this past month. About midway through.

Http://Twitch.tv/insein81

Started playing FIFA 17 this weekend.  The last three years I've been a FIFA addict.  Just love the game, and play every mode.  

Last year EA pissed me off with game play changes in FUT and some money grabbing moves.  (Very typical EA.)  So I tried to take a year off.  I held off for four months, not sure what that says about me.

At least I got the game pretty cheap, plus traded in my MLB The Show 16 for $20 (thanks Amazon!). 

For you console guys that enjoy action RPG's like Diablo, I can not recommend the game below enough.  

It is the best aRPG I have ever played and I have played a TON of them over the years.  I have probably 1500 hours into this game over the years and it continues to evolve constantly.

==========================================

/ Larry Hryb / ‏@majornelson  38m38 minutes ago
Path of Exile from Grinding Gear Games is coming to Xbox One this year + will include the 5 expansions currently available on PC
trailer below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7GGf4-1O-E

Yeah PoE is amazing. So much deeper than Diablo. 
I am still frightened by the fact that I have played so many hours and still feel like I have just scratched the surface.  I can read reddit threads and feel like a complete newbie when they start talking about the finer points of the game.

The amount of different builds you can have is just staggering.

Witcher 3 attempt 3...

I can be done with Novigrad, but still trying to finish up the main side quests with Geralt's friends, then I'm on to Skellige.  I'm trying to pace myself better this time since I burned myself out on attempt 2 after finishing up Skellige.  It's odd because I really enjoy the game and the story, but it's just so much that it becomes a bit overwhelming for me.

bigmarc27 said:
Witcher 3 attempt 3...

I can be done with Novigrad, but still trying to finish up the main side quests with Geralt's friends, then I'm on to Skellige.  I'm trying to pace myself better this time since I burned myself out on attempt 2 after finishing up Skellige.  It's odd because I really enjoy the game and the story, but it's just so much that it becomes a bit overwhelming for me.
For me it's the pacing. I still like it but it pales in comparison to FO or Skyrim. I am not even close to finishing the story but I don't find it any more compelling than FO or ES, and if they make me play as Ciri one more time I'm going to break my controller. Here, get used to complex controls, potions, decotions, and signs...wait forget all of that and here's something else entirely. All that said I'm still liking it but it's definitely slower than either FO or ES.

Jobber said:
Can it be played as single player or do you need to buddy up online?
I never once played it with another person outside of a few item trades. 

The game does need an internet connection to run however. 

For me it's the pacing. I still like it but it pales in comparison to FO or Skyrim. I am not even close to finishing the story but I don't find it any more compelling than FO or ES, and if they make me play as Ciri one more time I'm going to break my controller. Here, get used to complex controls, potions, decotions, and signs...wait forget all of that and here's something else entirely. All that said I'm still liking it but it's definitely slower than either FO or ES.
The Ciri parts don't bother me too much since they're so short. I think the writing is much better than FO and Skyrim (except maybe New Vegas).  It just hit lull points for me that are long enough to drag for me  

Oddly enough, I love playing Gwent. Love it. 

Jobber said:
Can it be played as single player or do you need to buddy up online?
I have played single player for ever.

However, the game lives and breathes on trading* with other players so you will be required I think to play online for the consoles.

*You can also play the game "self found" which can be very challenging.  This just means you never trade to get your gear, you can only find it via a random drop.  I don't particularly enjoy self found since I try and play very specific builds that require every specific gear and find it just easier to buy what I need in game from another player.

The Ciri parts don't bother me too much since they're so short. I think the writing is much better than FO and Skyrim (except maybe New Vegas).  It just hit lull points for me that are long enough to drag for me  

Not a fan of gwent at all and have avoided it if at all possible. I like the scavenger hunts a lot as well as the fighting matches.

If you like Gwent wait until you see the expansions.  New cards.  Totally new deck.  New tournaments and quests for gwent

Do you realize you get money and some gear/items for playing it?  To each his own
I do but I am going to run with Griffin armor set as the buffs are perfect for my build. And I have ridiculous amounts of coin so not all that worried about money.

ETA And the reason I don't like gwent is it makes a slow game even slower :shrug:

Just finished dishonored 2.  Played it through on normal with korvo and again on hard with Emily. Amazing how fast the second play through was.  Less than 8 hours.

Didn't do everything and was non stealthy for the most part.  Got all runes but didnt try for all the bones.

Emily's powers are way cooler than korvo. Some of the level designs were some of the better ones I have ever seen.  Clockwork mansion, the time mission, etc.

Overall great game.  Really expands on first one.  If you liked the first definitely pick it up.

I do but I am going to run with Griffin armor set as the buffs are perfect for my build. And I have ridiculous amounts of coin so not all that worried about money.

ETA And the reason I don't like gwent is it makes a slow game even slower :shrug:
I get that. Card games usually aren't my thing, I just picked up on this one quickly and enjoy it.  It's actually something I use to break up the monotony.  The dandelion quests in Novigrad bored me to tears, but I'd break it up with some gwent and move to the next phase. 

Users who are viewing this thread