What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (9 Viewers)

Just finished episode 3 of The Punisher and well :eek: one of the most intense episodes of any series I've watched.. Really enjoying the overall story arc and the show so far.
The final ep where they finally set up the *true* villain with a fight scene between Castle and villain has one of the most cringe-worthy (in a good way) injuries of all time...wifey and I both let out audible groans of pain when it happened

It was a fun show and very happy season 2 has been confirmed 

Just finished episode 3 of The Punisher and well :eek: one of the most intense episodes of any series I've watched.. Really enjoying the overall story arc and the show so far.
Pretty much what happened to me.  After that episode I binge watched the rest of it.  I liked it.  The reviews weren't very good, but I'd rank this only behind the Daredevils and Jessica Jones.  

The final ep where they finally set up the *true* villain with a fight scene between Castle and villain has one of the most cringe-worthy (in a good way) injuries of all time...wifey and I both let out audible groans of pain when it happened

There's a lot of violence in that episode :)  

Can you drop the one you are talking about in spoilers?

I turned off Bright after about 30 minutes. It's easily going to rank as one of the worst movies I've seen in recent times. A potentially fun premise just...I don't know what I expected from the director of Suicide Squad.

Ultimately taste is subjective and if you like it go nuts, but there are a lot of reviews sharing my disgust.
I saw a hot take on Bright earlier today that compared Rottentomatoes scores with the new Star Wars movie. One of them the critics rate much higher than the public (92% / 52%); the other has been destroyed by critics but loved by viewers (30% v 89%).

I turned off Bright after about 30 minutes. It's easily going to rank as one of the worst movies I've seen in recent times. A potentially fun premise just...I don't know what I expected from the director of Suicide Squad.

Ultimately taste is subjective and if you like it go nuts, but there are a lot of reviews sharing my disgust.
Wife and I watched the whole movie today. I typically love this kind of stuff, fantasy is my favorite genre in all media. So I was predisposed to be generous in terms of liking it.

struggled to stay awake in the beginning of the movie, got better the second half, but only relative to the first half. I thought it was an original, potentially creative premise but cheaply and poorly executed. Ultimately just boring. They couldn't have made the orcs look like orcs and not humans with painted faces? Silly and corny.

I was pleasantly surprised by ARQ and The Discovery.

ARQ - time travel movie. Liked it a lot more than I expected to.

The Discovery - a scientist discovers there is an afterlife, causing world-wide suicides. Liked what they did here. 

I enjoyed the last episode a lot, but honestly it wasn't really something I felt they needed. The season story was done without that episode. Bad guys killed or captured save the one, but we know he's effectively dead at this point because he has little money. The whole episode was a really long bit of needless filler to give a villain for the next season, but that character could have been easily written in as a villain either way. He already had tons of motivation to kill Castle with or without that gruesome ending. It was fun but to me it just felt tacked on and like it didn't quite fit with the rest of the season. But hell, any series should be so lucky to have filler episodes like this. 

• Smile
Reactions: Zow
Wormwood is awful.  What a waste of time.  I don't even know how they got the actors for it.  Barely any dialogue.  Strange project.

Wormwood is awful.  What a waste of time.  I don't even know how they got the actors for it.  Barely any dialogue.  Strange project.
Thank you. I was trying to force myself to like it. They rated it so high for me...I hope they don't start doing that for their original programs. 

• Smile
Reactions: Zow
i was excited for idea, not so much for the way it turned out. Every episode is a struggle to get through. Plus, a real life Beaker as the main interview subject doesn't work.

Each to his own but this praise really surprised me. I am also a big western fan spanning many years. I thought Godless was just ok, mildly entertaining. In my opinion one of its big problems is that I never felt they were truly living in the old west. There was just something off with the sets and even the actors. I could always tell that they were on a set, I was never tricked by that "movie magic".
I enjoyed it decently myself, but I agree with the "feeling" here.  I kept thinking it was an episode of "Westworld" and kept waiting for a major plot twist. 

We watched the 4th episode of The Crown last night. Don't know how many recognized her but that was Yara Greyjoy from GoT playing the prim and proper secretary to the newspaper guy who was critical of the Queen. I noticed it as soon as she brought the toffee to the meeting. Funny seeing her in a role like that.

So I just signed up for Netflix in December.  LOOK AT ME!@@!

If I knew I could watch all of Cheers I would have signed up long ago.  

Started from the beginning - only 1 season in GOD I LOVE THIS SHOW

ETA: - I watched it originally just haven't seen it in so long

Last edited by a moderator:
"The Five"

Single season with 10 episodes.  Was pretty good.  Story of a little boy that disappears (expected to have been abducted or killed at the age of 5), 20 years later his DNA shows up at a murder scene.  A few flaws in the production, including one side story that you keep waiting to be somehow tied to the main story, but it never connects and you're left thinking, "what was that all about?"  And the ending is somewhat predictable, but even so, still a satisfying series.

"The Five"

Single season with 10 episodes.  Was pretty good.  Story of a little boy that disappears (expected to have been abducted or killed at the age of 5), 20 years later his DNA shows up at a murder scene.  A few flaws in the production, including one side story that you keep waiting to be somehow tied to the main story, but it never connects and you're left thinking, "what was that all about?"  And the ending is somewhat predictable, but even so, still a satisfying series.
Forgot we saw this. Yeah, decent but not great. Side story?

the murdering social worker friend?

So I just signed up for Netflix in December.  LOOK AT ME!@@!

If I knew I could watch all of Cheers I would have signed up long ago.  

Started from the beginning - only 1 season in GOD I LOVE THIS SHOW
When I was in college there was Cheers reruns at like 10 or 11pm every night.  We used to watch and then go out to the bars afterwards.  We did this 4 or 5 nights a week usually.

When I was in college there was Cheers reruns at like 10 or 11pm every night.  We used to watch and then go out to the bars afterwards.  We did this 4 or 5 nights a week usually.
Oh yes. I miss the reruns.   I literally almost bought all the DVD this year because I haven't seen the show in so long

We watched the movie "The Best Offer" on Netflix the other night. 

I liked the movie.  Geoffrey Rush is really great in it and he really makes the movie.  If it were a lesser performer, it may not even be a movie worth watching.

It runs 2 hours + and could probably stand to have a good 20 minutes cut out of it.  The story is unique, and odd, and you don't know if you're watching some sort of an avant-garde film that should be done in a foreign language with subtitles.  The entire time I was watching, I was thinking, something else has to happen here, or one of these characters has turn out to be something they're really not........and that finally happens, but not until the final 15 minutes or so, and when it does, it's not an entirely satisfying ending.  BUT.....Like I said, overall, I did like it.  Didn't love it.  :kicksrock:

Forgot we saw this. Yeah, decent but not great. Side story?

the murdering social worker friend?

I don't know how to hide comments so I'm entering my reply here:  I thought the whole girls being abducted was going to be a major part of the story with the kid disappearing, THAT and the murdering social worker friend.  I just didn't think it fit the rest of the plot.

Fwiw... Write: [ spoiler ] and then what you want spoilered (without the spaces between the brackets and the word "spoiler".) Don't need to end  /spoiler it any more.

the girls were the story that started the exposure if the kidnapped brother's dna, so it feels like it made sense and tied all the characters together. Don't remember the social worker friend's story too well, but the ease with which he murdered people implies a backstory if some kind. Caveat...I could have forgotten if the proceed the back story

Users who are viewing this thread