What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (11 Viewers)

Yeah, I had the same reaction. I didn't know there was a three or four let alone five. Apparently my son knew because he filled me in on the missing backstory of the grabbers as we watched five.Btw, Tremors 5 is SyFy original bad with less cheese and mucho forced humor that falls flat so don't be in a rush to stream.
That's disappointing. I really had high expectations for that one.
I saw the original Tremors in the theatre.

:thumbup:
i saw the actual original version before they remade it in to a talkie in the one i saw it was just some guy running around then a worm coming out of a hole while the guy up front played a piano like crazy bromiogs

"Confessions of a Dangerous Mind"

One of the most bizarre interesting films supposedly based on a true story that I've seen in a long time.

Watched "The Diplomat" Documentary about Richard Holbrooke last night. Interesting and insightful look at the life Holbrooke through the eyes of his son.

"The Wrecking Crew" the documentary about studio musicians that were the real sound of the 60's & early 70's. Another doc made through the eyes of a son after his father was gone.

my lady and me liked the phyisician bloodlines sherlock narcos longmeyer and upside down bam kirsten dunst she is a german citizen bromigos that makes here even hotter take that to the yoga pants bank bromigos

Swedish existential comedy "A Pigeon Sat on a Branch Reflecting on Existence" was just added. It's directed by Roy Andersson whose visual style has been co-opted by some TV commercials over the years. I admit his deep focus, static compositions and deader than deadpan dialog are kind of an acquired taste. It's artsy fartsy, extremely slow moving and in Swedish so many of you can stop reading right here.

Usually Mrs. Eephus and I share pretty similar tastes but she hated it and I liked it a lot (although not as much as the critical consensus). If you laugh at the trailer, I'd recommend queuing it up.

Netflix is recommending a show called Black Books for me. Since I follow a lot of suggestions here, I imagine many of you got the same suggestion. Anybody tried it yet? It's a British comedy that ran for three seasons starting in 2000.

larchhan it is hard work to be a jagalope in a thread about instant watch movies but you have made it happen i salute you on your efforts fine sir and say good day to you and also say take that to the bank bromigo

Nymphomaniac: Volume 1 & 2. Watch it from the beginning, go directors cut.

It's a total of 6 hours but it's broken up into chapters. Graphic sex, violence, language but very 'heady'.

Arizona Ron said:
Nymphomaniac: Volume 1 & 2. Watch it from the beginning, go directors cut.

It's a total of 6 hours but it's broken up into chapters. Graphic sex, violence, language but very 'heady'.
That actress (same actress in Antichrist) really just likes to go all out for the damn camera doesn't she?

I didn't see Nymph yet but thought it looked interesting reading up on it, and pulled it up on the netflix instant just to see a few snippets to check it out to see if I wanted to watch it, and I am not completely sure but there might be some crotch touchin goin on for realz in some scenes there.

me and my woman watched robot overlords it looked totally stupid by the box and description but it ended up being pretty cool actually so i give it four brohans out of five take that to the bank bromigos

Master of None. Very good. Although I'm frequently saying "that's funny" but not really laughing.
I'm 4 episodes in, and really digging it. Funny but more entertaining than funny, if that makes any sense. I'm moreso drawn into how good the story line is over the laughs, which are a bonus when they present themselves. Really impressed so far with how well Aziz presents a semi-serious storyline/plot and how well it delivers. Very excited for the rest of the season.

Master of None. Very good. Although I'm frequently saying "that's funny" but not really laughing.
I'm 4 episodes in, and really digging it. Funny but more entertaining than funny, if that makes any sense. I'm moreso drawn into how good the story line is over the laughs, which are a bonus when they present themselves. Really impressed so far with how well Aziz presents a semi-serious storyline/plot and how well it delivers. Very excited for the rest of the season.
Sounds kind of like Silicone Valley.

Watched the full season and laughed quite a bit. One of the later episodes (9?) spans an entire year and was one of the best half hours of TV this year

Aziz's dad is funny too

Watched the full season and laughed quite a bit. One of the later episodes (9?) spans an entire year and was one of the best half hours of TV this year

Aziz's dad is funny too
Binged watched this Sunday. I'll continue to follow. I agree with the more entertaining than LOL funny, but those shoes are few and far between for me. I do enjoy the topics/story lines. As a single 30 year old son of immigrants a lot of the first season was relevant to my life.

I liked episode 1 and will continue watching. Reminds of Louie, meaning it's a show that builds off stand-up bits. It's funny in a different way than his stand-up.

Aziz's dad is funny too
Whats up man?

Users who are viewing this thread