Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
KCC

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread)

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, TheDirtyWord said:

Started watching Broadchurch with the Mrs...were about halfway thru Season 2.  It’s phenomenal.

Would also say that while the entire show is not as Breaking Bad’s level, the finale of Season 1 was as good as the best BB has to offer.

first season of Broadchurch is super elite upper tier

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Arizona Ron said:

Maybe drop "Netflix" from the title and just say streaming shows.

As of right now, for me, HBO and Amazon are kicking Netflix's ###

I've said this a few times. It's dumb.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

Well, when the OP hasn't been on in 9 years, what can be done? 

Get a mod to change it?

Start a new thread and let this one die?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Aaron Rudnicki, please update thread title to "Streaming or currently airing TV shows"

Thanks.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Supersize Me 2 on Amazon was pretty interesting and thought provoking.  Is the joke on anyone who walks in the door for a sandwich? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, shuke said:

@Aaron Rudnicki, please update thread title to "Streaming or currently airing TV shows"

Thanks.

Thanks for the note, @shuke. Working on it now.

 

-AR

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It has its jazzy-handed fans...including @Nick Vermeil

The OA will be back for a third season on Netflix

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, mr. furley said:

Thanks for the note, @shuke. Working on it now.

 

-AR

I knew it!

  • Thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, El Floppo said:

It has its jazzy-handed fans...including @Nick Vermeil

The OA will be back for a third season on Netflix

Huh? The OA got cancelled. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

Huh? The OA got cancelled. 

Link

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rattle and Hum said:

"93 Days" on Iroko Tv is worth a look. Great Nollywood viewing!

well now this thread is just chaos

  • Like 2
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Halfway through Don't F With Cats.  I thought this was just about a cat killer. Had no idea he killed people.

  • Thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, shuke said:

Halfway through Don't F With Cats.  I thought this was just about a cat killer. Had no idea he killed people.

Ok spoily mcspoilface

  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fruity pebbles said:

Thanks for the Broadchurch recommendation. Hooked me in the first 15 minutes. 

just finished the first episode

meh  :shrug: willing to hang in but not expecting much

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mr. furley said:

just finished the first episode

meh  :shrug: willing to hang in but not expecting much

Wrong.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, shuke said:

Halfway through Don't F With Cats.  I thought this was just about a cat killer. Had no idea he killed people.

It's a crazy story, the internet is really messed up

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, El Floppo said:
1 hour ago, shuke said:

Halfway through Don't F With Cats.  I thought this was just about a cat killer. Had no idea he killed people.

Ok spoily mcspoilface

Yeah but he only killed people named Cats so it’s not that much of a spoiler. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watched most of "October Faction" last night.  Have a few episodes left.   It's an interesting premise, presented in a mediocre way.   Should have been 6-8 episodes for the first season.  Lots of filler.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, mr. furley said:

just finished the first episode

meh  :shrug: willing to hang in but not expecting much

I don't remember it. But it was good. Trust me 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, -fish- said:

Watched most of "October Faction" last night.  Have a few episodes left.   It's an interesting premise, presented in a mediocre way.   Should have been 6-8 episodes for the first season.  Lots of filler.

We've been watching it. Like SyFy and the CW met on a blind date. But we're still watching, so not all bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

I don't remember it. But it was good. Trust me 

wife is hooked. she recognized the lead detective guy. that's all it takes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, mr. furley said:

wife is hooked. she recognized the lead detective guy. that's all it takes.

The Dr who fella.

It was a good show...worth the watch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, JB Breakfast Club said:

Petition to rename this the "Bojack Horseman and other, inferior televison shows" thread. 

Just finished it. What a show. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, El Floppo said:
1 hour ago, shuke said:

Halfway through Don't F With Cats.  I thought this was just about a cat killer. Had no idea he killed people.

Ok spoily mcspoilface

It goes into detail about this during the opening credits of the show.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, shuke said:

It goes into detail about this during the opening credits of the show.  

Now you're ruining the opening credits. dude.

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, mr. furley said:

wife is hooked. she recognized the lead detective guy. that's all it takes.

"Mill-AH!!!!"

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Capella said:
46 minutes ago, JB Breakfast Club said:

Petition to rename this the "Bojack Horseman and other, inferior televison shows" thread. 

Just finished it. What a show.

I'm tempted to rewatch the entire show before watching the last season.

Bums me out, man.

Eta. Hooray. Question mark?

Edited by El Floppo
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

I'm tempted to rewatch the entire show before watching the last season.

Bums me out, man.

Eta. Hooray. Question mark?

Great character. 
 

I went back and re-watched them. Turns out it helped a bit remembering some things that get brought up in the final episodes. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am late to Portlandia and binged it on Netflix. 

Great show.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, wazoo11 said:

I am late to Portlandia and binged it on Netflix. 

Great show.

I only watched it here and there for the first couple seasons. But I still say put a bird on it and cacau, when the situation strikes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

watched Iron Fists and Kung Fu Kicks on Netflix - good watch for anyone that is interested in Kung fu films

Edited by JoeSteeler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

McDonald's monopoly cheating documentary on HBO pretty good one episode in. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, shadyridr said:

McDonald's monopoly cheating documentary on HBO pretty good one episode in. 

I need to see this.  We used to go crazy in high school over this game.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

started Succession.  Is this supposed to be a parody of something or satire or are they being serious?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm 3 episodes into Shot in the Dark. Not bad personal insight documentary series about the LA freelance news business as portrayed by Jake Gyllenhaal in Nightcrawler.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BeTheMatch said:

The Stranger on Netflix was one of the worst things I've seen.

The trailer made it look like a lifetime series. Figured a few in here would've liked it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, shadyridr said:

McDonald's monopoly cheating documentary on HBO pretty good one episode in. 

This is a really fascinating story, read an extensive article on it a few years ago. Most people have no idea about it because the news broke something like a few days before 9/11 and it was obviously buried in the headlines and then forgotten.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, joffer said:

started Succession.  Is this supposed to be a parody of something or satire or are they being serious?

I've tried to start it 3 or 4 times due to critic slobbering, but it isn't working for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, shadyridr said:

The trailer made it look like a lifetime series. Figured a few in here would've liked it. 

Just from watching the trailer, I got a Black Mirror vibe from it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Buckna said:

This is a really fascinating story, read an extensive article on it a few years ago. Most people have no idea about it because the news broke something like a few days before 9/11 and it was obviously buried in the headlines and then forgotten.

read this same (probably) article and concur. it's fascinating.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, mr fancypants said:

I'm 3 episodes into Shot in the Dark. Not bad personal insight documentary series about the LA freelance news business as portrayed by Jake Gyllenhaal in Nightcrawler.

I liked this a lot if you're into reality TV. The premise of the show is interesting, but the characters really make it. Nice little "cliff-hanger" at the end of the season too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/3/2020 at 8:42 PM, facook said:

Wrong.

ep. 2 picking up steam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.