What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (2 Viewers)

Went fishing for suggestions on Facebook and came up with the following, in no particular order:

The Expanse (multiple recommendations)

Ozark (multiple recommendations)

Russian Doll

Peaky Blinders (multiple recommendations)

Good Omens (multiple recommendations)

Messiah (multiple recommendations)

The Magicians

Patriot
These are the ones I'd recommend. Haven't seen a few of the ones I deleted.

Not sure if this thread has expanded to all streaming services, but I don’t think the Expanse is on Netflix. 
Yeah I asked a couple pages back if we were talking just Netflix or all streaming outlets and the response was that it had become all-encompassing.  My apologies if that's not actually the case.

I think the thread has expanded to all streaming services...I also think there is confusion with the new movies thread since now many "new movies" are of the streaming variety.

I blame Maurile Tremblay.

Good choice.

Fwiw, peaky blinders is probably the easiest to appreciate from the giddy-up. Expanse took me a couple tries before I found the groove with it.
Tonight will be my third evening trying to get through the first episode of the Expanse, but I hear good things so I’ll keep plugging away. 

Tonight will be my third evening trying to get through the first episode of the Expanse, but I hear good things so I’ll keep plugging away. 
I'd almost say to just power through the first couple and not worry too much about following exactly what's going on. They throw everything out there immediately and then circle back and around through the season so it all makes sense.

Yeah I asked a couple pages back if we were talking just Netflix or all streaming outlets and the response was that it had become all-encompassing.  My apologies if that's not actually the case.
All encompassing.

We haven't talked about how brilliant Bojack horseman is in a few days...it's brilliant. And should go on your list at the tippy top.

The Departed - I hadn't watched this in years, what a great flick. 

Criminal Minds - We're on Season 5 and just love the show.  Certainly, a recurring theme every week, but quite entertaining. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I hardly ever bother with Hulu for whatever reason, but added a couple things to try.  

Got through a couple episodes of Killing Eve, and I am really liking this so far.   Interesting premise, and I am oddly drawn to the psycho assassin. 

I hardly ever bother with Hulu for whatever reason, but added a couple things to try.  

Got through a couple episodes of Killing Eve, and I am really liking this so far.   Interesting premise, and I am oddly drawn to the psycho assassin. 
Killing Eve is great, but yeah, Hulu pretty much sucks. I suspended ours

I remember enjoying that in a kind of dumb action movie way, but if you thought Witcher was a mess, good luck with that one. 
Ouch, maybe I'll try The Expanse first.  
Good choice.

Fwiw, peaky blinders is probably the easiest to appreciate from the giddy-up. Expanse took me a couple tries before I found the groove with it.
Subtitles are a must though. I gave up 2 episodes in without them.  After a second go ( because of the advice here) with subtitles I got hooked and blew through 4 seasons in a few nights.  Great show.  

Killing Eve is great, but yeah, Hulu pretty much sucks. I suspended ours
I started it for Handmaid's.  

Added Eve, Castle Rock, Homeland, 12 Monkeys, and I think The Terror to the queue.  

I would probably watch Buffy over and over if not for the non-HD and format annoyance.  

I liked the French animated film I Lost My Body. However, part of the plot is about a severed hand roaming around town to find its body.  If that sounds too weird maybe you should skip it.

Went fishing for suggestions on Facebook and came up with the following, in no particular order:

Bosch

The Expanse (multiple recommendations)

Altered Carbon (multiple recommendations)

Jack Ryan

Ozark (multiple recommendations)

Longmire

Russian Doll

Umbrella Academy (multiple recommendations)

Banshee

Peaky Blinders (multiple recommendations)

Good Omens (multiple recommendations)

Messiah (multiple recommendations)

The Outsider

68 Whiskey

Yellowstone

Billions

Ray Donovan

The Magicians

Patriot
Most would laugh at me but I enjoyed Banshee. 

Jack Ryan season 1 was enjoyable. 

Peaky blinders excellent 

Thought good omens was terrible.

Ozark is fun. 

Altered carbon decent 

Never could get into Russian doll.

Just started the expanse. Going to give it some time.

I liked the French animated film I Lost My Body. However, part of the plot is about a severed hand roaming around town to find its body.  If that sounds too weird maybe you should skip it.
I watched "I Lost My Body" tonight too.  I liked it a lot as well -- story is pretty captivating and original, and loved the score. Definitely has some of the French-style elements to it that are probably not for everyone.

The Lost Unabomber Tapes on Reelz is a 4-hour, 2-part series that is totally worth the watch. fascinating.

I love that HBO Max will feature a curated list of classic film titles, refreshed each month by the folks at Turner Classic Movies; it’s not quite FilmStruck, but close enough.

I was just reading an article about HBO Max, and I didn't know this was a feature.   I will for sure be on day 1.  

I love that HBO Max will feature a curated list of classic film titles, refreshed each month by the folks at Turner Classic Movies; it’s not quite FilmStruck, but close enough.

I was just reading an article about HBO Max, and I didn't know this was a feature.   I will for sure be on day 1.  
I'm probably the only one...but every time somebody posts in a color like that, I can't read it. The album draft was inscrutable for me.

I'm probably the only one...but every time somebody posts in a color like that, I can't read it. The album draft was inscrutable for me.
Sorry - just wanted to indicate for sure that I was copy and pasting from an article.  

ETA:  and I guess it will have all the Studio Ghibli films too.  

Users who are viewing this thread