Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
KCC

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread)

2 hours ago, doowain said:

Wife and I are really looking forward to Locke and Key, releasing February 7th.

Trailer

Looks cool...based on a comic by Joe Hill (Stephen King's son)

2 hours ago, doowain said:

Wife and I are really looking forward to Locke and Key, releasing February 7th.

Trailer

Hulu ordered a pilot for this a couple years ago, but eventually passed.  Netflix - "We'll do it."  

If they do it right, they'll have at least 4 or 5 seasons of quality material. Hopefully, they keep it adult level and don't try to smooth the rough edges for a younger, family audience.

17 hours ago, joffer said:

started Succession.  Is this supposed to be a parody of something or satire or are they being serious?

Some of the stuff is over the top but I still liked the show.

52 minutes ago, Juxtatarot said:

Some of the stuff is over the top but I still liked the show.

it's horrible people endlessly screwing each other over.  i'll finish season 1 but i can't see going further.

1 minute ago, joffer said:

it's horrible people endlessly screwing each other over.  i'll finish season 1 but i can't see going further.

I was worried you guys didn’t get what the show is about. 

It’s amazing. The father is so horrible and I love him for it. 

31 minutes ago, fissure man said:

I was worried you guys didn’t get what the show is about. 

It’s amazing. The father is so horrible and I love him for it. 

i usually need someone to root for.  haven't found one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Succession is the best show out there, IMO.  But I don't watch anything with monsters or ghosts or make-believe so I need shows that are actual dramas which limits my net.

Don't F*** with Cats was crazy.  What a wierd, wild world we live in.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, joffer said:

i usually need someone to root for.  haven't found one.

No, they’re all just horrible people. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

Succession is the best show out there, IMO.  But I don't watch anything with monsters or ghosts or make-believe so I need shows that are actual dramas which limits my net.

Don't F*** with Cats was crazy.  What a wierd, wild world we live in.

From my limited viewing, there were more monsters in succession than most shows. Not a fan as any kind of interesting or relevant human drama. 

1 minute ago, El Floppo said:

From my limited viewing, there were more monsters in succession than most shows. Not a fan as any kind of interesting or relevant human drama. 

91% on Rotten Tomatoes.  Somebody likes it. :shrug:

Succession season 2 is one of the best seasons of any show in recent history 

35 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

It’s good writing and good acting. I just can’t get behind the story line.  Give me a hint of a protagonist.  If season 1 finishes better I might give S2 a try.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, joffer said:

I like it enough to watch, but I don’t understand what those who say it’s the best thing on TV see in it. To each their own. 

Edited by thecatch

31 minutes ago, Dan Lambskin said:

Succession season 2 is one of the best seasons of any show in recent history 

It’s so good. 

55 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

Oh for sure...and it's winning awards. I just don't like it that much. Didn't like billions either for similar reasons.

2 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

Oh for sure...and it's winning awards. I just don't like it that much. Didn't like billions either for similar reasons.

#### off

• Like 1

1 hour ago, General Malaise said:

Greg and Tom are terrific!

Greg is the only one who isn’t a complete sociopath. I’ll give you that. 

1 hour ago, El Floppo said:

Season 4 was bad, 3 was ok, but the first 2 were superb.  But, I'm a hedge fund guy, so.....

1 hour ago, General Malaise said:

Season 4 was bad, 3 was ok, but the first 2 were superb.  But, I'm a hedge fund guy, so.....

I think it may be that the subjects are in the same kind of world as a lot of my clients...no interest.

• Like 2

Billions at least shifted the rooting interest, even if it didn’t last.  It’s almost like in Succession they want everyone to give up and go play in traffic.

3 minutes ago, joffer said:

Billions at least shifted the rooting interest, even if it didn’t last.  It’s almost like in Succession they want everyone to give up and go play in traffic.

You could root for all of them to fail... 

So pretty much nothing new has come out worth seeing in the past month sans Messiah.

Need Narcos Mexico season 2 to get here stat.

Edited by TripItUp
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, TripItUp said:

So pretty much nothing new has come out worth seeing in the past month sans Messiah.

Need Narcos Mexico season 2 to get here stat.

Just saw that S3 of Babylon Berlin is coming in March...looking forward to both of those.

• Like 2

On 2/3/2020 at 10:25 PM, El Floppo said:
On 2/3/2020 at 10:17 PM, -fish- said:

Watched most of "October Faction" last night.  Have a few episodes left.   It's an interesting premise, presented in a mediocre way.   Should have been 6-8 episodes for the first season.  Lots of filler.

We've been watching it. Like SyFy and the CW met on a blind date. But we're still watching, so not all bad

Did you keep going with it?

We finished last night...it somehow got worse as it progresses. Some of the acting is terrible and  most of the writing is awful...although it could be editing. Things are happening and said that just don't work- from how they're resolving scenes to how and what characters are saying to eachother...stuff just doesn't make sense. It's weird, because there's definitely a budget in place, but from the writing and acting it feels extremely cheap. This is one that can be avoided.

18 hours ago, General Malaise said:

Did we just become best friends? I just can't get into anything with dragons, ewoks, superpowers, etc.

8 hours ago, General Malaise said:

You could root for all of them to fail... 

I definitely do. Except for Greg, I think everybody is cheering for Greg.

I'm also rooting for a Karolina sex scene. I'd settle for at least some more screen time.

• Thanks 1

Delhi Crime- crime drama based on the infamous gang rape case in India. Mercifully, the 7 episodes focus on the police chase than the events on the bus. Season 2 will focus on another case.

Who Killed Little Gregory- documentary about a 4-year old French boy who goes missing and is found dead in a nearby river in 1984. A tad too long (which Netflix documentary isn't?) and they sort of spoil things at the start of episode one. 

The Stranger- British thriller miniseries based on the Harlan Coban novel of the same name. Not dreadful by any means but feels like a Gone Girl knock-off.

Uncut Gems- the best Sandler film.  I know that isn't saying much but really liked him in this. The story isn't anything new but liked everything about this movie.

Die Ontwaking- this is the  blurb for movie: An inexperienced murder detective joins a desperate search for a deranged serial killer who possesses a deep obsession with young women's skin. Takes place in South Africa and has a Psycho meets Silence of the Lambs vibe. Worth a watch if this is your thing.

The Two Popes- Anthony Hopkins and Johnathan Pryce star in this one. As expected , great performances from the two leads. Dragged a bit in spots but I liked it more than I thought I would.

• Like 1

Starting Chang's "Breakfast Lunch & Dinner" as his follow up to "Ugly Delicious". It's a bit like Bourdain's no reservations, I guess, in that there is travel and food but it's just not nearly as good. Chang is capable of insights - "Ugly Delicious" was full of them - but he's not doing anything interesting. Seth Rogen taking him around Vancouver and into the food scene should have been a damn layup. Instead, it's a bore.

2 hours ago, saintfool said:

Starting Chang's "Breakfast Lunch & Dinner" as his follow up to "Ugly Delicious". It's a bit like Bourdain's no reservations, I guess, in that there is travel and food but it's just not nearly as good. Chang is capable of insights - "Ugly Delicious" was full of them - but he's not doing anything interesting. Seth Rogen taking him around Vancouver and into the food scene should have been a damn layup. Instead, it's a bore.

Chang is interesting but his bias towards Asian food gets so old after a while.  

My favorite current travel/food show is Somebody feed Phil.  Patiently waiting for the new season.  

Somehow ended up re-watchimg What Did Jack Do with the wife. Still  :lol: wtf

Reading that Stranger Things will end after a two part S4.

18 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

This is very misleading.  S4 is the final season, but the rumors are that it will be split into 2 halves with a break in between.

38 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

19 minutes ago, bryhamm said:

This is very misleading.  S4 is the final season, but the rumors are that it will be split into 2 halves with a break in between.

I don't see what the difference is. Two parts or two halves?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, bryhamm said:

Don.

• Laughing 2

I'm finishing up a binging of Animals on HBO. Its consistently hilarious through 3 seasons.

I went looking for opinions online and see that most people disliked it, many absolutely despised it, and HBO cancelled the show.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CletiusMaximus said:

I'm finishing up a binging of Animals on HBO. Its consistently hilarious through 3 seasons.

I went looking for opinions online and see that most people disliked it, many absolutely despised it, and HBO cancelled the show.

We saw a handful S1...thought it was hilarious, but forgot about it.

4 hours ago, bryhamm said:

How is that misleading? That's exactly what he said. 

7 hours ago, Scoresman said:

Chang is interesting but his bias towards Asian food gets so old after a while.  

My favorite current travel/food show is Somebody feed Phil.  Patiently waiting for the new season.  

I'm not especially interested in food/travel genre, frankly. I thought there was a lot of potential in Chang's take on "food as culture" and the questions it raised in "Ugly Delicious". His bias towards Asian food is obvious but well earned. 

On 2/1/2020 at 5:34 PM, KarmaPolice said:

I love that HBO Max will feature a curated list of classic film titles, refreshed each month by the folks at Turner Classic Movies; it’s not quite FilmStruck, but close enough.

I was just reading an article about HBO Max, and I didn't know this was a feature.   I will for sure be on day 1.  

@Ilov80s this was the quote I was talking about.  

• Like 1

On 2/3/2020 at 4:30 PM, El Floppo said:

The OA will be back for a third season on Netflix

I don't understand.  What?  Explain please. 

26 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Locke and key hits tomorrow on N.  Stephen kings son wrote the comic

I've read all of his novels/short stories.  Nothing I've read is as close to twisted as early Stephen King.  I'll give it a chance.

Edited by facook

20 minutes ago, Nick Vermeil said:

I don't understand.  What?  Explain please. 

Link

9 hours ago, Nick Vermeil said:

:oldunsure:

:oldunsure:

Oh man... I saw it up and listed on my news feed, so just posted it but obciously didn't link the story as I should have. 

Now *poof* ... Can't find any reference at all, other than that they've already shot S3. No mention anywhere of releasing it. 

Sorry for the confusion, friends.

Watched The Witcher over the last couple of weeks. It was o.k. to good, not great. I had problems with how quickly they'd move character development, plot points and relationships along. I figure it's a function either of the source material doing that, or just not having enough episodes to develop them more convincingly. Many of the events in the final episode just didn't feel earned to me. I think I liked the dragon episode the best.

I'll probably watch the next season when it comes out.

Lock & Key looks good.

What service is Succession on?