What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (20 Viewers)

I'm finishing up a binging of Animals on HBO. Its consistently hilarious through 3 seasons.

I went looking for opinions online and see that most people disliked it, many absolutely despised it, and HBO cancelled the show.

I'm finishing up a binging of Animals on HBO. Its consistently hilarious through 3 seasons.

I went looking for opinions online and see that most people disliked it, many absolutely despised it, and HBO cancelled the show.
We saw a handful S1...thought it was hilarious, but forgot about it.

Chang is interesting but his bias towards Asian food gets so old after a while.  

My favorite current travel/food show is Somebody feed Phil.  Patiently waiting for the new season.  
I'm not especially interested in food/travel genre, frankly. I thought there was a lot of potential in Chang's take on "food as culture" and the questions it raised in "Ugly Delicious". His bias towards Asian food is obvious but well earned. 

I love that HBO Max will feature a curated list of classic film titles, refreshed each month by the folks at Turner Classic Movies; it’s not quite FilmStruck, but close enough.

I was just reading an article about HBO Max, and I didn't know this was a feature.   I will for sure be on day 1.  
@Ilov80s this was the quote I was talking about.  

Locke and key hits tomorrow on N.  Stephen kings son wrote the comic
I've read all of his novels/short stories.  Nothing I've read is as close to twisted as early Stephen King.  I'll give it a chance.

Last edited by a moderator:
:oldunsure:

Oh man... I saw it up and listed on my news feed, so just posted it but obciously didn't link the story as I should have. 

Now *poof* ... Can't find any reference at all, other than that they've already shot S3. No mention anywhere of releasing it. 

Sorry for the confusion, friends.

Watched The Witcher over the last couple of weeks. It was o.k. to good, not great. I had problems with how quickly they'd move character development, plot points and relationships along. I figure it's a function either of the source material doing that, or just not having enough episodes to develop them more convincingly. Many of the events in the final episode just didn't feel earned to me. I think I liked the dragon episode the best.

I'll probably watch the next season when it comes out.

Did you keep going with it?

We finished last night...it somehow got worse as it progresses. Some of the acting is terrible and  most of the writing is awful...although it could be editing. Things are happening and said that just don't work- from how they're resolving scenes to how and what characters are saying to eachother...stuff just doesn't make sense. It's weird, because there's definitely a budget in place, but from the writing and acting it feels extremely cheap. This is one that can be avoided.
Finished it last night as well.   It got really stupid, really fast.   Will not watch if there is a second season.

Anyone see Horse Girl yet? How was it?
Never heard of it until your post but sounds interesting...

A socially awkward woman with a fondness for arts and crafts, horses, and supernatural crime shows finds her increasingly lucid dreams trickling into her waking life.

Briarpatch  - Watched the first episode last night. I liked it and will definitely continue. Andy Greenwald is the show runner so I am definitely expecting it to be good. Its kind of like Fargo in Texas. Sort of. A murder mystery with a number of oddball characters. And a sexy as hell Rosario Dawson.

Supersize Me 2 (Amazon) is very good.  I'm a little biased though. I think I’ve liked everything Morgan Spurlock has even done including his TV series.

A few episodes into Locke and Key and very good so far, but they definitely went Young Adult on it. The reviews I’ve seen haven’t been kind but the number #1 complaint appears to be its not 100% the comic and #2 complaint is they went Young Adult instead of hardcore horror. :shrug:  Not being familiar with the source material, I am really liking it a lot to start.

Locke and key hits tomorrow on N.  Stephen kings son wrote the comic
How does this show fit with the Stranger Things fans? My daughter 14 is a huge ST fan, is this another show I should recommend or is it much darker?

edit: seeing posts above that it might be aligned. Any other thoughts on recommending it to a 14yo Stranger Things superfan?

How does this show fit with the Stranger Things fans? My daughter 14 is a huge ST fan, is this another show I should recommend or is it much darker?

edit: seeing posts above that it might be aligned. Any other thoughts on recommending it to a 14yo Stranger Things superfan?
Only a couple of eps in but very much aligned so far. To start I’d even say less dark than Stranger Things and more fantasy oriented with some darker elements. There are some pretty adult theme’s in that the mother and children are dealing with the trauma of their dad being murdered (not a spoiler, it’s basically the whole setup to start what’s going on.)

Anyone see Horse Girl yet? How was it?
Gf and I liked it, didn’t love it.

if you can handle a non linear plot that is open to interpretation, where everything is not explained to the viewer than give it a shot. Have liked Alison Brie back to her Mad Men days and she is solid in this.

The less you know going in the better IMO

Gf and I liked it, didn’t love it.

if you can handle a non linear plot that is open to interpretation, where everything is not explained to the viewer than give it a shot. Have liked Alison Brie back to her Mad Men days and she is solid in this.

The less you know going in the better IMO
Watched it last night and I agree. I've liked her since her Community days and she did a great job on this (as expected). 

The Stranger - Binged this over the weekend. I'm not familiar with the author but its apparently based on a Harlan Corbin book. Its not a super high end, amazing show. But its definitely good enough to watch. Its a mystery and there were a number of twists and turns and surprises. Overall, it was entertaining. I enjoyed it.

ETA: They actually wrap it up and explain everything by the end of the 8th episode. This was important to me, so wanted to let y'all know. Its not Lost or The Killing.

Buckna said:
Only a couple of eps in but very much aligned so far. To start I’d even say less dark than Stranger Things and more fantasy oriented with some darker elements. There are some pretty adult theme’s in that the mother and children are dealing with the trauma of their dad being murdered (not a spoiler, it’s basically the whole setup to start what’s going on.)
Binged the rest of Locke & Key yesterday, wife and I really enjoyed it. Final episode seemed anti-climactic at first but it had a great ending that sets up a season 2 well. Show is definitely less horror than Stranger Things and more mystery with fantasy elements for a younger crowd. Looking forward to future seasons, they really only scratched the surface on a lot of what they introduced.

Binged the rest of Locke & Key yesterday, wife and I really enjoyed it. Final episode seemed anti-climactic at first but it had a great ending that sets up a season 2 well. Show is definitely less horror than Stranger Things and more mystery with fantasy elements for a younger crowd. Looking forward to future seasons, they really only scratched the surface on a lot of what they introduced.
Watched the first episode and was pretty underwhelmed.  Exposition was a bit hackneyed.  Will stick with the next few episodes to see if it gets better.

And the blonde girl needs a refrigerator full of sammiches.  There is nothing to that girl.

Juxtatarot said:
Supersize Me 2 (Amazon) is very good.  I'm a little biased though. I think I’ve liked everything Morgan Spurlock has even done including his TV series.
Watched it last night. Found it a bit boring but a worthy message. 

Watched the first 3 ep of Locke and Key last night.  I have no idea why.  Bailing now I'm sober, target audience is small children / young teens.

Bailed on Succession after the first season or so.  The same story every episode, over and over.

Looking forward to checking out Briarpatch.

I watched the first three episodes of Picard (new Star Trek).  It's rough seeing Picard so old but he pulls it off.  So far so good.  

I'm bias though, I grew up watching Star Trek with my dad so it will always be cool to me.  Not sure how it plays to a casual audience. 

Curious if anyone else is watching - sucks that I had to subscribe to CBS to get it (yes, another :censored:  streaming service).

Finally watching Peaky Blinders, in season 4.  Not too bad but season 3 was a downer.
Finished season 4 a few weeks back and gonna start 5 tonight.  I find myself losing momentum with it for some reason.  Watched the first 3 seasons within a 2 week span....

Users who are viewing this thread