What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (11 Viewers)

That's a problem with so many streaming services splintering the distribution of movies/shows - it doesn't have anything to do with one particular genre taking over. 
Maybe not genre per se, but the idea of known properties taking center stage and pushing out other things.   I think that is what people are pushing back against here.  

Plus there is a ton of movies not on streaming at all, no matter the platform.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I must have missed your post. I watched it last week, and posted over the weekend how much I enjoyed it. Loved their portrayal of the main character. He acts the way you think a messiah would act, whether he is a messiah or not.
The ending was awesome and appeared to give us an answer but like the rest of the show I just don’t feel sure. I can’t wait for season 2.

The ending was awesome and appeared to give us an answer but like the rest of the show I just don’t feel sure. I can’t wait for season 2.
Tbh, I preferred the uncertainty of the season to the seemingly more defined answer at the end. The writers did a nice job with his dialogue...quasi therapist, giving questions/non-answers to questions that made the asker rethink things. 

But really

I don't see how anybody could fake walking on water the way he did in the mall with people all around- even if there are ways of cheating it-, or stand in front of a tornado the way he did at the church. Those acts seemed a bit more definitive. But still preferred the uncertainty of most of his actions. And I was waiting for cop-lady to become pregnant...which I assume she will.

Tbh, I preferred the uncertainty of the season to the seemingly more defined answer at the end. The writers did a nice job with his dialogue...quasi therapist, giving questions/non-answers to questions that made the asker rethink things. 

But really

I don't see how anybody could fake walking on water the way he did in the mall with people all around- even if there are ways of cheating it-, or stand in front of a tornado the way he did at the church. Those acts seemed a bit more definitive. But still preferred the uncertainty of most of his actions. And I was waiting for cop-lady to become pregnant...which I assume she will.
How do you hide comments again? Been a while and I forget unless there’s a button now.

I think you are right, especially after the last scene. The others are still potential for real or trick. That said there’s still multiple ways to go. If I could hide, I’d go further.

As I think I've watched nearly everything I have interest in on Netflix, I started digging into my watch list.  Stuff that I had earmarked for later when I ran out of original content.

Started watching Weeds.  Blew through 9 episodes like it was nothing. 

Mary Louise Parker :wub:

Interrogation on CBS All Access

Good enough that I will finish it out. One of those watch any episode in any order. Supposed to be a cold case that was never solved and you are opening ths files to see the evidence in random order. 

How do you hide comments again? Been a while and I forget unless there’s a button now.

I think you are right, especially after the last scene. The others are still potential for real or trick. That said there’s still multiple ways to go. If I could hide, I’d go further.
Only way I know on my phone is to type "spoiler" surrounded by [ & ] in place of the quotation marks. Everything after that will be spoilered.

Only way I know on my phone is to type "spoiler" surrounded by [ & ] in place of the quotation marks. Everything after that will be spoilered.
That’s right. How did I forget that. My thoughts.

The plane crash sealed it for me that he was real. No way for him to have staged a crash where he has no injuries. Also, that boy was completely random, can’t set that up and he healed them. Again, a crash like that and people don’t live, let alone not even a scratch and 3 survivors. That said, I think they may be setting him up as the false prophet/antichrist, however that story goes. I’m actually thinking the boy who survived the bomb might end up being the messiah. I agree with you 100% on the CIA lady getting pregnant at some point.

Hate waiting for a second season. I think I liked it as much as Stranger Things season 1. Couldn’t watch it fast enough. 

Two minutes into Ragnarok and it's my kind of jam. 

I thought it was the Thor movie, wouldn't have given it a second look without the recommendation.  Thanks!

So many awesome scenes in this show, and the visuals are so gorgeous.

I will never forget the therapy scene where he draws the clockface.  So utterly disarming and unsettling, I totally didn't see that coming and it freaked me out in the best way.
I'm not going to look as I just started the show. But what season / episode am I looking for?

But really

i liked the message that hey even if the messiah came back today would anyone recognize it or would we just start a reddit thread about how the dude is a fraud and heres why etc etc etc i liked it a lot a lot take that to the bank brohans 

The documentary Evil Genius on Netflix is pretty good.  The lady in this is so creepy looking.  I haven't been creeped out by how someone looked like that since The Exorcist.  It's amazing how people who are supposedly so intelligent can be so white trash.  

Ugh.  I love this thread and hate it at the same time.  There is SO much out there right now.  So many services, so many shows.  

I loved Walking Dead up until a couple seasons ago.  I still have all of last half-season saved on DVR and have not watched the new stuff that just came out.  Should I?

I started The Expanse but can't find the time to pick it back up, especially with me wanting to try Hunters.

Main problem is I get home from work around 5pm and want to hang out with my kids a bit, and there's always either NCAA or NBA hoops on.  I prefer to just zone out and watch that.

So I'm behind on stuff I typically like (TWD) and can't seem to hang with the new stuff (Expanse, Witcher) or start something new (Hunters).

I also loved GoT.  So... question is... if you're a GoT / TWD fan, what would be your top 3 shows that would scratch the same itch (action, violence, uhh.. boobs?)?

The documentary Evil Genius on Netflix is pretty good.  The lady in this is so creepy looking.  I haven't been creeped out by how someone looked like that since The Exorcist.  It's amazing how people who are supposedly so intelligent can be so white trash.  
I enjoyed this a lot. It's amazing how demented some people are.

Just got an email from YouTube TV saying they're dropping Fox Sports regional due to lack of agreement. This is a deal-breaker for me I think.

anyone understand what AT&T is doing with the Audience Channel?  Understand it's a money grab, but damn.  

I read that they are pulling it into something called "HBO Max" which is an upcoming streaming HBO service.  Don't they already have a HBO streaming - yeah, they do.  And you already have to  have Direct TV to get the Audience Channel - so they already have a captive audience.  

Big fan of Mr. Mercedes, enjoy Loudermilk - and Dan Patrick/Rich Eisen and then the Off Camera with Sam Jones are my regular background TV watching during the week.  Gonna miss that.

They have some really good documentaries as well.   

I was so excited for Altered Carbon season 2, but it is such a letdown. It feels like a cheap knockoff of season 1. S1 felt more like art and S2 feels like they went through the motions for a paycheck.

I was so excited for Altered Carbon season 2, but it is such a letdown. It feels like a cheap knockoff of season 1. S1 felt more like art and S2 feels like they went through the motions for a paycheck.
I had forgotten it was coming out. I was also looking forward to it then read a few early reviews and it's getting trashed pretty hard. I think I"ll pass.

Finished Happy Valley S1. Good drama. Catherine almost went off the deep end a few times. Great actor. Last episodes always seem to be weaker than the rest as they try to wrap up all the story lines. it was a bit of a letdown but all-in-all it was solid.  I'll watch S2 sometime soon.

Binky The Doormat said:
anyone understand what AT&T is doing with the Audience Channel?  Understand it's a money grab, but damn.  

I read that they are pulling it into something called "HBO Max" which is an upcoming streaming HBO service.  Don't they already have a HBO streaming - yeah, they do.  And you already have to  have Direct TV to get the Audience Channel - so they already have a captive audience.  

Big fan of Mr. Mercedes, enjoy Loudermilk - and Dan Patrick/Rich Eisen and then the Off Camera with Sam Jones are my regular background TV watching during the week.  Gonna miss that.

They have some really good documentaries as well.   
 HBO max is replacing HBO now... AT&T owns HBO

would be nice if the Audience content was rolled into HBO max

so - after reading online Audience channel is going away. No comment on what will happen to the content going forward.

Binged the Gabriel Fernandez docuseries on Netflix.  It made me want to put my fist through the wall.  #### everybody involved in that including LA sheriffs and social workers.  

Binged the Gabriel Fernandez docuseries on Netflix.  It made me want to put my fist through the wall.  #### everybody involved in that including LA sheriffs and social workers.  
what did you think about his school?

His mom and SD are 1st class psychos...especially the SD. I watch a lot of crime docs and never saw a defendant not move or react AT ALL through the whole trial/sentencing

what did you think about his school?

His mom and SD are 1st class psychos...especially the SD. I watch a lot of crime docs and never saw a defendant not move or react AT ALL through the whole trial/sentencing
I think if I was that teacher and the kid came in looking like he did in those pictures where he's holding up his Mother's Day drawing, I'd have immediately cancelled class and taken that boy to the nearest police station or hospital myself.  There is no way I would ever let him go home after coming in to class like that.

Rather disagree at that. They are dancing a medley over the next two novels it seems (Broken Angels and Woken Furies) but with the changes they wrought in S1 it was never going to be a straight adaptation. I'm quite intrigued as to where they are going as I can see plenty of story hooks to either novel through episode 3

Been working through Amazon lately.

The Boys was really good though I wasn't thrilled with the last episode. 

Fleabag isn't doing it for me. I'm through 3 and will keep going but..... meh.

The Night Manager was awesome from start to finish. 

Good Omens was brilliant. Just brilliant. John Hamm was just perfect.

Hunters....I enjoyed the entire thing until the last episode. Something felt off about how they wrapped up the story lines and started new ones.  

Been working through Amazon lately.

The Boys was really good though I wasn't thrilled with the last episode. 

Fleabag isn't doing it for me. I'm through 3 and will keep going but..... meh.

The Night Manager was awesome from start to finish. 

Good Omens was brilliant. Just brilliant. John Hamm was just perfect.

Hunters....I enjoyed the entire thing until the last episode. Something felt off about how they wrapped up the story lines and started new ones.  
If you're through 3 and not liking it...dunno that you will. Did you like Catastrophe?

ETA...talking about fleabag. Night manager? that one was underwhelming to me, but I can't remember why.

So the Expanse was a real slow starter - my wife bailed after 5 episodes and I almost did - but I stuck with it and got hooked.  It's hard to recommend shows with such a long windup these days, but if you like sci-fi at all it's a worthwhile investment. 

Anyone read the books, and if so, are they worth checking out if you've already seen the show?

So the Expanse was a real slow starter - my wife bailed after 5 episodes and I almost did - but I stuck with it and got hooked.  It's hard to recommend shows with such a long windup these days, but if you like sci-fi at all it's a worthwhile investment. 

Anyone read the books, and if so, are they worth checking out if you've already seen the show?
I liked the 1st book, and it was close to S1.  Like GOT, they are mixing and matching characters, combining some, etc.  From my understanding, the odd jump in the middle of S3 was the jump from book 2 to the start of book 3.  Not 100% sure where S4 leaves of in the books, but I assume the end of 3 or mid 4?  

There are 8 of the planned 9 books out for the series and novellas as well.  No lack of material to read for sure.  I am starting book 2 this weekend. 

Yes, definitely! S1-S2 are very close to the source material. S3 veers off a little in order to simplify but pulling it off very nicely. S4 is the same way, but the least excellent season so far (but so was the book) - that said the book behind S5 is SO ####### AWESOME so I am really, really looking forward to that

you might want to read the short story The Churn before S5

Users who are viewing this thread