What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (7 Viewers)

Mandalorian was pretty good. Not great. Decently entertaining. It actually felt like I was in the Star Wars universe. Hopefully they build on it. 
Okeedoke.

I hated the mandalorian. Think Picard isn't tip top, but feels better for me than Mando...even with not great writing, it's far above what they hired some ten year olds to slap together for the SW show.

Okeedoke.

I hated the mandalorian. Think Picard isn't tip top, but feels better for me than Mando...even with not great writing, it's far above what they hired some ten year olds to slap together for the SW show.
As a generic, run of the mill sci fi show, Picard is average at best. They basically copied Mass Effect among a lot of other existing franchises for their season long drag it out plot. As a Star Trek show, it's a massive insult to all the fans of TNG and the past series. 

Can't wait for Kurtzman to lose control of Star Trek then maybe we can finally get back to some thought provoking plots instead of dragging out this nonsense they are trying to milk for 10 episodes. 

Someone from Turkey just signed in to my Netflix account. Seventh sign of the Apocalypse?
 Netflix emailed me a few months ago because someone from the Philippines logged into my account.  I had an old, common password that I know was on dark web. I had never bothered to change it.  I changed it afterwards to something unique and have had no problems since.

Not streaming.  But Office Space is on Comedy Central right now.  Can pick it up whenever.  The elixir we need in "these tough times."  [GOD I HATE THAT PHRASE.]

About half way through season 1 The Terror on Hulu (it is an AMC show) and it is very good IMO. Hulu has 2 seasons available and each season has a different storyline.

The first season is a fictionalized account of Captain Sir John Franklin's lost expedition to the Arctic in 1845–1848 with a supernatural element (Wikipedia)
First season is incredible.  I stopped second season after about 4 episodes.

shuke said:
First season is incredible.  I stopped second season after about 4 episodes.
yeah - that is where we are heading. GF and I struggled through the first two episodes of S2. We are debating if we want to continue or give up

Last edited by a moderator:
Wife really wanted to see Contagion but then got all pissy that it was a pay for streaming option (and we had a weird “why the hell does $3 make a difference?” argument), so she switched to a lesser, free option called Pandemic...OOF!  I’ve been finding and announcing things found on Amazon for $3 since about five minutes in
Outbreak is on Netflix

if you like crime/drama/mystery check out The Sinner- 2 seasons on Netflix. Third season is currently airing on USA network (of all places!)

Each season is only 8 episodes and are about 45 minutes each so easy to binge. All three seasons are 95%+ on RT

Each season is a different story line. Really enjoyed both seasons so far.

if you like crime/drama/mystery check out The Sinner- 2 seasons on Netflix. Third season is currently airing on USA network (of all places!)

Each season is only 8 episodes and are about 45 minutes each so easy to binge. All three seasons are 95%+ on RT

Watched the 1st season and enjoyed it.  Is the 2nd season as good?

Looking for a recommendation on a 30-minute mindless show. Can be funny, quirky, interesting, whatever. Three shows we really enjoyed that filled this role recently were Silicon Valley, Its the End of the ****ing World, and Explained.

We’ve barely watched any other 30 min shows, so pretty much anything is open. I’ve heard good things about Curb your Enthusiasm or Its always Sunny in Philadelphia? Start here or any other recommendations?
Look at Us.  Pretty mindless and fairly entertaining.

Really enjoyed the first two seasons... Season 3 has been strange to say the least.. Maybe the finale this week will bring it all together as there have been too many :confused: moments which I won't spoil.

Wife and I wanted something light to watch last night. We've been, like many people, cooking up a storm here and often watching cookie shows instead of usual things. We settled on "Julie & Julia" on Netflix with Amy Adams and Meryl Streep. I don't much care for Amy Adams as an actor and she's not served well by the story intercutting between her and Streep. Everything just grinds to a half with Adams' side while Streep and Stanley Tucci entertain. Nora Ephron directed this which explains, to me at least, why it feels so hack-y and paint by numbers in terms of pacing.

Also watched "Snowpiercer" because we were feeling nihilistic. Good but not great. Feels like it's a version of a J G Ballard novel. 

So Tiger King keeps popping up on my Netflix feed, and sometimes I just like to go into a movie or a series blind, with no prejudice.  

I knew nothing about this one other than the picture and with a cursory glance to me, it looks like an awful lot like Danny McBride and perhaps another mockumentary and as I do love me some Kenny Powers, I figured I'd give this one a shot as it was bound to be funny and looked extremely unique.

What I found was something much much different and even stranger than I could have imagined.  :loco:

Watched S1 of Babylon Berlin. At first I wasn't sure but got into it after a couple episodes. Will continue with seasons 2 and 3.
Started S3 after reading your post...so far so good. Will be hard to top the first two for me, but looking forward to the ride.

Started S3 after reading your post...so far so good. Will be hard to top the first two for me, but looking forward to the ride.
😎 - Babylon Berlin 

So far I like s2 better than s1. Probably finish by the end of the week.

While I recommend this show. Just thought I'd mention that there are some vice activities depicted that people may want to be aware of before allowing their kids to watch.

😎 - Babylon Berlin 

So far I like s2 better than s1. Probably finish by the end of the week.

While I recommend this show. Just thought I'd mention that there are some vice activities depicted that people may want to be aware of before allowing their kids to watch.
Not a kids show at all, imo.

ETA... Ymmv.. some teens may like and get this.

Along with the story line circling around flapper era Berlin and all its vices (sex, violence and drugs), it's really a beautifully shot and art directed series. Teens should be able to handle all of that, and the exposure to the beauty is good too.

guru_007 said:
So Tiger King keeps popping up on my Netflix feed, and sometimes I just like to go into a movie or a series blind, with no prejudice.  

I knew nothing about this one other than the picture and with a cursory glance to me, it looks like an awful lot like Danny McBride and perhaps another mockumentary and as I do love me some Kenny Powers, I figured I'd give this one a shot as it was bound to be funny and looked extremely unique.

What I found was something much much different and even stranger than I could have imagined.  :loco:
It is unreal, i can’t turn it off.

Been watching Escape at Dannamora the last week. Some fantastic acting (never been a Dano fan, but think he's been great in this), and for the most part really enjoying Stiller's direction.

Tiger King is the giganuts. Crazy ####.

The Sinner first 2 seasons are 2 of my favorite seasons you can find on Netflix that don't get mentioned as much in media. Season 3 is still airing on USA (as someone posted above) and is less good. But The Sinner is a low key gem. It's anthology based so you can watch either season first, but "Cora" will introduce you to the one recurring character on the show (the main character). The Cora season was start to finish pretty great especially and the payoff episode was heart stopping. 

The Stranger, to me, was overrated trash. Way too all over the place. Just ridiculous plot that took way too long and too many twists to resolve. Problem is, first 2 episodes are enough to pull anyone in - the set up was so well done. 

Just finished: 

Tiger King - It’s pretty much insane. Like a mishmash of Joe Dirt, Blackfish, Making a Murderer, We Bought a Zoo, and The Jerry Springer show. 

Altered Carbon season 2 - I thought season one was pretty fun. This one was entertaining as well. It’s certainly not great, and the plot can be confusing, but it’s a decent action series. 

Apparently, the thing to use is sardine oil, not butter, according to Carol Baskin of Big Cat Rescue.
As a defense attorney, I just wanted to tackle her every time she spoke. 

Well, hell, I just wanted to tackle all of them when they spoke...

Oh, I have been watching “Dispatches from Elsewhere.” 

It’s very weird. But it’s well done and entertaining. 

Users who are viewing this thread