Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
KCC

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread)

1 hour ago, Juxtatarot said:

Thanks.  The End of the ####### World is one of my favorite shows ever so I'll give this a shot.

I wouldn't say it's quite as good and it's not quite as dark, but I believe it's the same director. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/19/2020 at 2:38 PM, NewlyRetired said:

Has anyone watched Money Heist on Netflix?  I am towards the end of season 1 right now and so far it is keeping my attention.  I like the slight non linearity of the series and also getting a peak at how TV is made in other countries (this show is a production from Spain).

amazing show. one of, if not THE best show Ive watched on netflix...

on that topic, the  producer of money heist just released WHITE LINES on netflix this week... watched ep1 last night and i am really not impressed... actually a terrible 1st episode. gonna see if 2 is any better, if not im gonna drop it.

But Money Heist's latest season is maybe one of the best seasons of a show ive seen in AGES

Edited by Soulfly3

On 5/19/2020 at 1:00 PM, Joe Mammy said:

Code 8 was pretty good sci-fi/heist entertainment. 

Back to the Future was a very nice blast from the past 2 nights ago.

So I went back to Back to the Future II last nite.

Tonite I'll probably go back to back to back Back to the Future III.

Kid and I happened to catch the beggining of 1 the other day.  Shes 11 and was enjoying it so much we ended up watching all 3... got to love all three under 2 hours each.

Posted (edited)

Really enjoying Upload...an Amazon original SciFi/RomCom type series if anybody is looking for something new.

I loved the first three seasons of the Last Kingdom but thought the most recent season was just okay.

I really just need sports to start back up.

Edited by TripItUp
  • Like 1

On 5/19/2020 at 4:52 AM, Cold Dead Hands said:

My kids are on their second viewing of the series. They are somewhere in season 6.

Ages 14, 11, 8

Same. Ages 17 and 15. 

6 hours ago, mr. furley said:

Sunderland Til I Die on Netflix is compelling.  depressing so far, but it's sports and i'm going to keep watching.

It’s very good. Those poor fans. 

• Like 2

Just now, Capella said:

It’s very good. Those poor fans. 

btw- the PR guy or whatever he was in the latest season (from london, and don't you forget it)... reminded me of tony wilson (or at least his portrayal in the great film, 24 hour party people)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just watched the latest standup show from Patton Oswalt "I Love Everything" on Netflix last night. It was great. At the end he promotes a comedy special by a comedian named Bob Rubin. That starts up as S1E2 of the Patton show and it is very, not good. I could only stand it for about 10 minutes.

On 5/19/2020 at 1:38 PM, NewlyRetired said:

Has anyone watched Money Heist on Netflix?  I am towards the end of season 1 right now and so far it is keeping my attention.  I like the slight non linearity of the series and also getting a peak at how TV is made in other countries (this show is a production from Spain).

I didn't like Money Heist but it's been a while and I can't remember why.  I think it was something to do with getting into predicaments that could have been obviously easily avoided.  Like basic "duh" stuff.  Or maybe it was because I thought it dragged and would have been better with half as many episodes.  Don't remember.  Not going to watch it again to find out.  :shrug: 

16 hours ago, Soulfly3 said:

on that topic, the  producer of money heist just released WHITE LINES on netflix this week... watched ep1 last night and i am really not impressed... actually a terrible 1st episode. gonna see if 2 is any better, if not im gonna drop it.

But Money Heist's latest season is maybe one of the best seasons of a show ive seen in AGES

Holy!. I stopped watching after 3 episodes. Nothing happened. :shrug: maybe I should get back into it.

I was a big fan of the earlier seasons too. 

17 hours ago, Soulfly3 said:

Watched the season. Wasn't great and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone unless they really like seeing lots of people revealing how they really feel about each other.

Not why they feel connected for me, but I would recommend Mad Dogs, saw it on Prime a couple years ago, before this.

On 5/19/2020 at 3:28 PM, belljr said:

I keep threatening to watch this but still haven't

Watched one episode, my wife didn’t like it so no idea when I will find the time to watch it on my own

I finished the first season of Money Heist and really enjoyed it.  I don't quite understand how this can last another three seasons but I am going to start season 2 tonight.

For those that want to watch this show, please don't make the mistake I did.  I had no idea it was a Spanish language show and Netflix defaulted to a really horrible dub (and that is saying something because I think all dubs suck).  Once I quickly found the subtitles, it was so much better.

The number 1 show on Netflix in America right now (as of last night any way) is a classic animated show called Avatar The Last Airbender, which Netflix just got the rights to.

It is an American made show but with a ton of Anime influence.   My whole family loved this show.  Very well written, and solid voice actors across the board.   I would highly recommend it for those looking for a show to watch with the family,

• Like 2

On 2/25/2020 at 10:53 AM, cockroach said:
On 2/25/2020 at 9:40 AM, Dr. Octopus said:
On 2/24/2020 at 10:21 AM, wlwiles said:

Started watching Hannibal on Prime last week.  Really enjoying it so far.  It takes some leaps with the logic for sure (Graham can somehow look at a crime scene and know impossible things) but I'm loving Mads Mikkelsen in the Lecter role.  Oh and Dr. Bloom 😍

One of the best Network television shows of all time just for the visuals alone - but the acting and the way the Hannibal stories are reworked is top notch.

So glad we got as much of Hannibal as we did.  It was one of those shows that didn't fit the network at all and was always talked about being cancelled before they finally did.   I think they only had one, maybe two, more seasons planned, so we got the bulk.    One of the strangest soundtracks to a show, also.  

Hannibal is moving over to Netflix, and Mads Mikkelsen says its "maybe possible" the streamer could order up more seasons...

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Walking Boot said:

Hannibal is moving over to Netflix, and Mads Mikkelsen says its "maybe possible" the streamer could order up more seasons...

That would be nice.  

Edited by KarmaPolice
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

That would be nice.  

What are the chances of this happening and when it it back on Netflix? That was a very good show, but forgot most of the details.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, cubd8 said:

What are the chances of this happening and when it it back on Netflix? That was a very good show, but forgot most of the details.

Coming to Netflix June 5th, currently on Prime. Not sure what the chances are of new episodes.

Edited by JoeSteeler

10 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

How many of you are doing the HBO Max thing this week? 

Hard pass

if they pick up an amazing show I’ll subscribe and binge watch but I’m not shelling out another $15 a month when I already subscribe to regular HBO

Reminds me probably time to go shut off Hulu again

• Thinking 1

3 minutes ago, Dan Lambskin said:

Hard pass

if they pick up an amazing show I’ll subscribe and binge watch but I’m not shelling out another $15 a month when I already subscribe to regular HBO

Reminds me probably time to go shut off Hulu again

?? 

I thought the services just rolled over, so it's not like you have pay another $15.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

?? 

I thought the services just rolled over, so it's not like you have pay another $15.  

I’m not entirely clear but it looks like if you already subscribed to HBO GO or get HBO through AT&T its free but if you get HBO via Comcast you would need to subscribe separately 

I’ll cross that bridge once they put out watchable content 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Dan Lambskin said:

I’m not entirely clear but it looks like if you already subscribed to HBO GO or get HBO through AT&T its free but if you get HBO via Comcast you would need to subscribe separately 

I’ll cross that bridge once they put out watchable content 

Exactly it's not clear. Looks like only people who get HBO from AT&T and people who get HBO Now from Hbonow.com get the rollover seamlessly. 

38 minutes ago, pollardsvision said:

Speaking of HBO Max, the streaming world is starting to get irritating. 

I know I am  :deadhorse:  but been saying this for years we are going to get to the point where we are paying as much for all the streaming services as we were for cable.  Looking like this is another tipping point year as more services come out and there is a scramble for rights for existing content.  

Still "only" paying for 4, but I am really grumbling about that as I don't watch that much stuff.  HULU would be the first cut, but don't pay for that :oldunsure:.  Prime we would keep by default b/c we use the shipping enough so we have it anyway.   Not sure what to do about NF, Criterion, and HBO max.   I can tell you I am for sure not adding any more, as right there is about $40/month, and I still have to use the library and rent things off Prime to get all the movies I want.  So dumb.   

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mile High said:

Exactly it's not clear. Looks like only people who get HBO from AT&T and people who get HBO Now from Hbonow.com get the rollover seamlessly. 

Gotcha.  

10 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

Gotcha.  

I should know how seamlessly in a few days, since I'm a HBO NOW subscriber through HBONOW.com

We wrapped up s2 of Counterpart on Amazon. 

Worthwhile with a really solid cast led by jk Simmons and interesting overarching alt-universe coexisting with ours storyline. Don't know that it hits any great highs, but consistent and solid throughout.

• Like 2

HBO NOW subscribers who are billed directly through HBO will also get instant access to HBO Max from WarnerMedia when it launches on May 27, 2020 (at no extra cost).

HBO NOW subscribers who are billed through Apple, Google Play, Samsung, Verizon Fios internet, Optimum, Consolidated Communications and Liberty Cablevision of Puerto Rico will also get instant access to HBO Max at launch (at no extra cost). Check back with us here as we add additional partners to the list.

Subscribers who get HBO through AT&T TV, DIRECTV, AT&T U-Verse, Hulu, Spectrum, Altice, Suddenlink, Optimum, Cox Contour, Verizon Fios TV and select independent cable and broadband providers will get access to HBO Max at launch (at no extra cost). Check back with us here as we add additional partners to the list.

Once HBO Max is available on May 27, 2020, you can sign up at HBOMax.com, download the app on your favorite device, and start streaming.

You can also sign up through one of our partners once HBO Max is available on May 27, 2020: AT&T, DIRECTV, AT&T U-Verse, Spectrum, Altice, Suddenlink, Optimum, Cox Contour, Verizon Fios, Hulu, YouTube TV, Samsung, Apple, Google Play, and select independent cable and broadband providers. Check back with us here as we add additional partners to the list.

Posted (edited)

Have heard strong rumors Warner is going to shutdown DC Universe streaming channel and all of that content will move to HBO Max as well.

personally that would be huge for me.

Edited by JoeSteeler

50 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

I know I am  :deadhorse:  but been saying this for years we are going to get to the point where we are paying as much for all the streaming services as we were for cable.  Looking like this is another tipping point year as more services come out and there is a scramble for rights for existing content.  

Still "only" paying for 4, but I am really grumbling about that as I don't watch that much stuff.  HULU would be the first cut, but don't pay for that :oldunsure:.  Prime we would keep by default b/c we use the shipping enough so we have it anyway.   Not sure what to do about NF, Criterion, and HBO max.   I can tell you I am for sure not adding any more, as right there is about $40/month, and I still have to use the library and rent things off Prime to get all the movies I want.  So dumb.   

Yeah you can see this was always going to be the end game as soon as all the studios (and their shareholders) realized the true value of their content.  I feel like we may soon see aggregators spring up again, which will pretty much cause things to come full circle with traditional cable tv and I’m not sure the cost will be much different when you add in sports.  It will be either that or more m&a amongst the content creators (although I’m not sure what the regulators would allow) with those left standing jacking up rates imo.   Whichever  happens, I think the final result will be something more bespoke than what we had before, but unfortunately not cheaper.  

The other thing that drives me crazy is the compatibility with devices.  One of the reasons I got a roku was because criterion wasnt on the consoles or the sony bluray player we had.  Now I read that hbo doesn't have something worked out with roku? :wall:

1 hour ago, KarmaPolice said:

We just bounce in and out of subscriptions based on what we are watching. Controlled on my phone so not really that hard. 

44 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

Now I read that hbo doesn't have something worked out with roku? :wall:

Read that Roku deal should be done by Wednesday’s launch.

Just now, JoeSteeler said:

Read that Roku deal should be done by Wednesday’s launch.

Nice

Posted (edited)

We punted on billions for now and moved to Justified. 3 episodes in and I like it but is it more like a law and order serial type story of the week show or does it get into a more focused plot?

Edited by Capella

15 minutes ago, Capella said:

We punted on billions for now and moved to Justified. 3 episodes in and I like it but is it more like a law and order serial type story of the week show or does it get into a more focused plot?

Both from what i recall. Great show for me. Enjoy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, Capella said:

Yeah season 1 kinda goes into an episode of the week format for a good portion and then wraps up with a good arc

future seasons are much more focused on a season long plot

i would power through season 1, overall it ends up being a really great show

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1

Thanks! Love Olyphant and especially Goggins so I was probably in anyways. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Capella said:

we are on season 5 of Justified - and lovin' it.  

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Capella said:

Yeah they are both amazing in it

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Dan Lambskin said:
1 hour ago, Capella said:

Yeah season 1 kinda goes into an episode of the week format for a good portion and then wraps up with a good arc

future seasons are much more focused on a season long plot

i would power through season 1, overall it ends up being a really great show

I gave up after a few, thinking it was another middling serial cop show.

I'll try to give it another shot.

10 hours ago, Capella said:

Excellent show that gets better each season.  It's been a while, but I think when it hits it's stride it has one main plot each season with a couple of sub-plots.

Very quotable show.

9 hours ago, Capella said:

Also there's Damon Herriman, who had me in stitches with his portrayal of dimwitted Dewey Crowe.  He later depicted the part of Charles Manson in both S2 of Mindhunter and Quentin Tarantino's "Once upon a time in Hollywood".

• Like 2

You guys are making me think I need to give Justified another shot.  I only made it 4-5 episodes and was bored.  Sounds like I should have stuck it out longer.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

33 minutes ago, krista4 said:

You guys are making me think I need to give Justified another shot.  I only made it 4-5 episodes and was bored.  Sounds like I should have stuck it out longer.

Like many shows (Seinfeld and Parks and Rec for instance, though different genres) the 1st season is by far the weakest.  Stick with it into season 2, and you will be greatly rewarded.  Such a fun show to finish.

1 hour ago, mr fancypants said:

Also there's Damon Herriman, who had me in stitches with his portrayal of dimwitted Dewey Crowe.  He later depicted the part of Charles Manson in both S2 of Mindhunter and Quentin Tarantino's "Once upon a time in Hollywood".

Not to mention Natalie Zea. Wow.

20 hours ago, El Floppo said:

I gave up after a few, thinking it was another middling serial cop show.

I'll try to give it another shot.

10 hours ago, krista4 said:

slap it low?

• Thinking 1