What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

And the 2009 Survivor Champions are... (1 Viewer)

Twilight

Footballguy
Well, we have come to the end of another year. Since 2002, we have had 260 separate drafters (or at least 260 separate aliases) in the 79 Survivor leagues that we've held here. We've had 3 3-time winners (Bicycle Seat Sniffer, Rudy, and myself). We now add two to that total (Capt Hook and Jeff Pasquino). The club still totals 3, however, as BSS and Rudy have gone on to another championship this year.

I've gone through the records of all the leagues and have recorded the finishes 1-16 in all of them(I've had some time while I'm visiting my brother in Utah) and I'll post the full list in a couple of days. Of those who have competed in 10 or more (to counter those who played once and made it far, like Grouse, Rudy has the title of highest average finish (5.73). My 3 2nd place finishes this year definitely helped me to 2nd at 6.04. Capt Hook is 3rd at 6.11

But I will say that Rudy has done that with no 2-4 place finishes, just his 4 1sts. I have 10 1st-4ths and Hook has 9.

The rest of the top 10 are Thom Yorke, Hear the footsteps, Jeter23, Wraith5, Reaper, Family Matters, Jmills, and Blue Kun.

Bass does get the title of most leagues, with 25. I'm second with 24.

OK, on to the Champs.

MBSL1 - Jeter23 was the winner weeks ago. He also does get this years overall scoring title, by over 170 more than the next team (his in PDSL3)

MBSL 2 - Old Milwaukee takes it easily. BSS's week 1 booted team was the high scorer though.

SSL1 - Capt Hook pulled away in wk 17 and took it easily.

SSL2 - Valence takes it.

SSL3 - Joffer wins

SSL4 - Rudy gets his 4th win overall with the win here.

PDSL1 - as does Bicycle Seat Sniffer

PDSL2 - One of the 2 100 pt wins and the first on this list since Jeter to be top points in their league. Jeff Pasquino dominates.

PDSL3 - Jeter23's second Championship this year (and points lead for his league) It was also the closest match, as he won by less than 3 pts.

PDSL4 - and Gamma1210 finishes the PDSLs, also with the points lead

WSL1 - Duckboy takes it, leaving me 0 for 3 in championships this year. he had the points lead, so he deserved it.

WSL2 - Shadowfax get the title here.

WSL3 - Pictus Cat takes it

WSL4 - El super Gringo completes the other 100 pt win to take it, and also giving a WSL sweep by the points leaders.

OK, so that's it. Another year is in the books. See everyone in 3 weeks with the WSL draft.

Thanks Twilight. And congrats to all the winners. I'll get you next year valence. :shrug:
hehe good fight rads. Really glad to finally get one of these. Winning one of these feels even better than winning cash leagues because of the level of competition here.thanks again for everything you do twilight.

Congrats to all the other winners

Special congrats to Jeff......and notice to BSS and Rudy that Jeff, Darren and I will be hunting you down :goodposting:

Congrats to the winners - Especially Shadowfax and OM....ugghhhhh!!!
Thanks, reaper. Really thought I'd win SSL3 and lose WSL2 to you. The reverse happened. Week 16 and 17 just is a total crapshoot. Congrats to all the winners. Now when do the WSLs start? :goodposting:

Congrats to all. Thanks again Twilight for keeping up with all this...

See you guys in the next round of SLs!

Thank you Twilight :goodposting: ...and Wes Welker :confused: Thigpen, Young, Campbell, and Culpepper.

I might need a new strategy this year.

Congratulations to all the survivor league winners. It's hard ennough to win in a 12 team league but to win it in a 16 team league is quite a feat. So be very proud of your accomplishment because it has been against some very talented fantasy football players. When you draft with 16 teams the really good talent is gone quickly and it's the vision you have on which secondary players that will produce for you that can really make a difference. A lot of the drafts were done fairly early when compared to traditional leagues that usually draft near the end of preseason. That makes it even that much harder to have the foresight on who you think can help your team. Least we not forget as well, in survivor leagues it seems very helpful to have some luck along the way as well. Solid knowledgeable drafting accompanied with lady luck along the way and you've got yourself a survivor league title. Job well done to all the winners. I'm looking forward for the chance to compete again next year in the survivor leagues. The survivor leagues I was in this year I had fun and gained very good knowledge about them as I had never really played in them before. I did manage to be one of 3 teams left late in PDSL2 so I'm proud of getting that far. Didn't fare too well in the other two I was in. I DO however vow to be a stronger player in next years' survivor leagues. Thanks to all for a great fantasy year.

GG.

Was a victim of my own success in SSL 1 with my top three picks all playing for nothing in week 17 (Wayne, Gates, Rodgers).

Fun times after pretty much leading wire to wire.

Last edited by a moderator:
Considering:

1. The second lowest total points came in 6th

2. The lowest total points came could have beat me a couple of times

Despite my highest total points, I feel very fortunate for the championship.

I enjoy the reading the opinions most.

How's this for bad luck. If Domination gets .05 more points in week 2 in PDSL2, he wins the league. Instead, Toads stays alive in week 2 by .05 points and goes on to finish second.

Users who are viewing this thread