What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

INSANITY (1 Viewer)

Giant Wooden Badger said:
Too hot to run today so I did Max Cardio instead. It's been about two weeks since I finished Insanity and I've definitely lost a little bit of my Insanity conditioning.LOL at the bowling ball solution. :lmao:
Just about done week 2 post-Insanity. So far, the only max workout I've done is max cardio. The month 1 workouts don't seem as hellacious as I remember them. I'm still wasted when I'm done, but not to the extent of the month 2 maxes. Unfortunatley I know that soon I'll have to hit play on Max Interval Circuit *shudder*

I only made it about 6 weeks in. I am dying to get back into the groove (probably will start over or come up with a schedule to get me back to where I was cardio-wise). Can't seem to get up in the mornings though. :mellow:

I do miss eating 24/7. It was a nice break from my normal routine.

Just finished week 2 and did cardio abs for the first time. After the off day I think I'm going to skip the fit test and just move everything up a day. In fact I think the only fit test I may do from now on is the very last one since the numbers it produces are not the carrots that is driving me. I weigh a pound less than when I started but I know I have gained a lot of muscles in my legs and stomach. The love handles are about half of what they used to be, belly is smaller, and my obliques are transforming before my eyes every day. :goodposting:
I called the Fit Test "8 minutes of hell." Much shorter than the regular workout, but, hands down, it was worse, and I felt like I was gonna die each time I did it. I dreaded it.Don't skip it. Beat your prior numbers and feel the pain.

Heh Recovery week isn't so bad.I quite like Core Cardio and Balance.
:goodposting: Between the relaxing theme and the usual eye candy, I enjoyed it today. I was cruising through the shoulder burners until we got to the forward circles and I hit the wall. My arms just dropped like a ton of bricks.

:goodposting: Between the relaxing theme and the usual eye candy, I enjoyed it today. I was cruising through the shoulder burners until we got to the forward circles and I hit the wall. My arms just dropped like a ton of bricks.
Absolutely.My arms were dead by the time I was done.I also had trouble with the hip flexors, that last one...my leg doesn't go out that far...and damn were my hip flexors burning.Women seem to have a distinct advantage for most of these workouts.

Absolutely.My arms were dead by the time I was done.I also had trouble with the hip flexors, that last one...my leg doesn't go out that far...and damn were my hip flexors burning.Women seem to have a distinct advantage for most of these workouts.
:goodposting: No way could I get my leg parallel to the ground on that. I was more like 60 degrees, tops. I had to stop and shake it up a few times.

You can tell that some of them revel in being able to do that. They're so proud of themselves. That, and the 1-2-3 step thingy. Some of the chicks are basically tap dancing and getting no benefit from it whatsoever.

You can tell that some of them revel in being able to do that. They're so proud of themselves. That, and the 1-2-3 step thingy. Some of the chicks are basically tap dancing and getting no benefit from it whatsoever.
:goodposting:How bout the opening of Core Cardio and Balance with the side stepping and clapping.

:popcorn: Between the relaxing theme and the usual eye candy, I enjoyed it today. I was cruising through the shoulder burners until we got to the forward circles and I hit the wall. My arms just dropped like a ton of bricks.
:tfp:How bout the opening of Core Cardio and Balance with the side stepping and clapping.
There are some moments in these videos where I just bust out laughing. I love the white dude with cornrows in the back that dogs it to the power knees. The camera moves over to him and he mouths something like "why are you focused on me?" There's something a bit off with that dude. He get's rolled by some of the easy stuff and then shows off with one-legged pushups. Totally confusing.I also like it when the black chick (is there only one?) is sent off by Shaun T for saying that she "wants to leave." It take a few seconds for him to register what she said, and he's like "oh HELL no.." and runs her.That guy Chris from the Fit Test has some classic moments. I love that he wears the chest heart monitor like he's going to expire at any moment. Usually he's a pretty good gamer during these videos, but there's a moment in one of them where switch kicks (of all things) just do him in. He takes a good two minute break to recover. It just baffles me how some of these people can be such warriors during things like level 2 drills and then just fall apart during some of the simplest moves. Chris' best moment has to be when he holds out his hand to get some love and Shaun T leaves him hanging for a few seconds. He sheepishly maneuvers his hand like it's just tired gesticulation, when Shaun finally hits his hand. Some good old fashioned black on white awkwardness there.

:popcorn:How bout the opening of Core Cardio and Balance with the side stepping and clapping.
There are some moments in these videos where I just bust out laughing. I love the white dude with cornrows in the back that dogs it to the power knees. The camera moves over to him and he mouths something like "why are you focused on me?" There's something a bit off with that dude. He get's rolled by some of the easy stuff and then shows off with one-legged pushups. Totally confusing.I also like it when the black chick (is there only one?) is sent off by Shaun T for saying that she "wants to leave." It take a few seconds for him to register what she said, and he's like "oh HELL no.." and runs her.That guy Chris from the Fit Test has some classic moments. I love that he wears the chest heart monitor like he's going to expire at any moment. Usually he's a pretty good gamer during these videos, but there's a moment in one of them where switch kicks (of all things) just do him in. He takes a good two minute break to recover. It just baffles me how some of these people can be such warriors during things like level 2 drills and then just fall apart during some of the simplest moves. Chris' best moment has to be when he holds out his hand to get some love and Shaun T leaves him hanging for a few seconds. He sheepishly maneuvers his hand like it's just tired gesticulation, when Shaun finally hits his hand. Some good old fashioned black on white awkwardness there.
:tfp:I love that moment with the black chick, I laugh every time.Shaun T: How ya feeling?Black Chick: I want to leave.Shaun T: blah blah blah, some motivation crap about whatever, totally oblivious to what she said...Shaun T: You wanna leave?!?!? Go sit down.

I love that moment with the black chick, I laugh every time.

Shaun T: How ya feeling?

Black Chick: I want to leave.

Shaun T: blah blah blah, some motivation crap about whatever, totally oblivious to what she said

Shaun T: You wanna leave?!?!? Go sit down.
Shaun T hates her.

Shaun T: blah blah blah, some motivation crap about whatever, totally oblivious to what she said

Shaun T hates her.
He really seems to LOVE Tania and Ariel.Ariel is easily my favorite, and nothing anyone can say will convince me otherwise.

I used to be smitten with Tania, but now I find her 'intense' look to be annoying. It's like some sort of cross between an "O" face and a "Oh #### I'm gonna crap my pants" face.

Shaun T hates her.
He really seems to LOVE Tania and Ariel.Ariel is easily my favorite, and nothing anyone can say will convince me otherwise.

I used to be smitten with Tania, but now I find her 'intense' look to be annoying. It's like some sort of cross between an "O" face and a "Oh #### I'm gonna crap my pants" face.
I'm with you here. Tania's hardcore workout face is flat out disgusting. She's one of the best people in terms of form and commitment to the workout, but that face she makes is just awful.Shaun T is all about the blondes. Work it out.

Shaun T hates her.

I'm with you here. Tania's hardcore workout face is flat out disgusting. She's one of the best people in terms of form and commitment to the workout, but that face she makes is just awful.Shaun T is all about the blondes. Work it out.
I feel like he almost touches them a little too much, when he's holding their stomach during some routines, then again, he also does the same thing to some of the men too... :football:

Last edited by a moderator:
:pickle: there are so many classics in these DVDs. And I'm only half way through...

I agree on the Justin Fargas wannabe. Dude is ripped but dogs it 70% of the time. And the way they do the 1-2-3's at speed drives me crazy. I had to stop it and watch it again early on to make sure I was doing what I thought they were doing.

How about the dufus in the folded bandana during the heisman warmups. Goofy SOB looks like he's trying to do some sort of swimming rather than the heismans.

Akiel was taking breaks during Core Cardio/Balance like he was completely wasted :goodposting:

Tanya - I want to make babies with you. I don't care if your O face matches your workout/breathing. :) :wub:

ETA - thought of another. When he's going thru the warmup routine and tells you to start 'jacking it faster'. First time I heard that I almost jumped into my dumbbell rack. :)

Akiel was taking breaks during Core Cardio/Balance like he was completely wasted :confused:
COME ON, AKIEL! COME ON, AKIEL!!Guy looks like he could kill you with his pinky toe and he's wiped by the easy stuff. I figured it was just acting to make people feel better. "See, even the guy with the toned 12 pack is getting killed out there!"

:lmao: there are so many classics in these DVDs. And I'm only half way through...I agree on the Justin Fargas wannabe. Dude is ripped but dogs it 70% of the time. And the way they do the 1-2-3's at speed drives me crazy. I had to stop it and watch it again early on to make sure I was doing what I thought they were doing.How about the dufus in the folded bandana during the heisman warmups. Goofy SOB looks like he's trying to do some sort of swimming rather than the heismans.Akiel was taking breaks during Core Cardio/Balance like he was completely wasted :confused:Tanya - I want to make babies with you. I don't care if your O face matches your workout/breathing. :wub: :wub:ETA - thought of another. When he's going thru the warmup routine and tells you to start 'jacking it faster'. First time I heard that I almost jumped into my dumbbell rack. :lmao:
:lmao: :lmao::lmao:I could hardly even believe he said that.

In every single workout, Shaun T says to drink your results and recovery formula. But there is one workout where he says something like "this is the one where you may want to drink your results and recovery formula". Like he doesn't recommend that for EVERY other workout.

In every single workout, Shaun T says to drink your results and recovery formula. But there is one workout where he says something like "this is the one where you may want to drink your results and recovery formula". Like he doesn't recommend that for EVERY other workout.
Log on to teambeachbody.com for extra support. I'm here for you.Peace. Out.

recovery week is fairly mild, which is nice. I am ready to kick off the second part of this thing come july 6th and ready to be done come august.

recovery week is fairly mild, which is nice. I am ready to kick off the second part of this thing come july 6th and ready to be done come august.
I'm really relieved that this week is recovery week. My body just feels tired. My 5k yesterday was a hot and hilly one, and I was hurtin'. By the 2.5mi mark, I was feeling the 90+ degrees pretty good. I'm not even going to bother with today's workout and just let my body get an extra day's rest.

Thinking about buying the Insanity set......

5'-10" - 210bs :goodposting:

Weighed 180lbs before my wife and I welcomed the first of two children just over 2 years ago. Between work and family, I haven't had the time to stay active at basketball and softball. Is everyone buying directly from the beachbody website, or are there alternatives.

PM me if you have offers or suggestions.

Thanks

E

I'm really relieved that this week is recovery week. My body just feels tired. My 5k yesterday was a hot and hilly one, and I was hurtin'. By the 2.5mi mark, I was feeling the 90+ degrees pretty good. I'm not even going to bother with today's workout and just let my body get an extra day's rest.
no doubt, I have kept my lunchtime lifting workout going this whole time and some days I feel absolutely shot either then or right after insanity. I will get tomorrows workout in and then I know I am done till at least the 4th. Not gonna bother me missing friday and saturday.

I did some reading on over training and I'm wondering if I've hit the wall. Per this llink, I have about half of these going on...

[*]Washed-out feeling, tired, drained, lack of energy - CHECK. I've felt like crap all week. This is my main concern. Monday hit and I've felt like garbage every since. It's really starting to bother me.

[*]Mild leg soreness, general aches and pains - CHECK. Legs have been sore all week. I just went for a super light run instead of Core Cardio/Balance and my glutes are sore. They're never sore.

[*]Pain in muscles and joints - CHECK. I think I posted this already. My knees/ankles have been tender.

[*]Sudden drop in performance - CHECK. I ran a faster pace that day I posted about running after Insanity then I did at this week's 5k. Not an exact test, but my body felt more tired at the 5k then I did at the post-Insanity run. :goodposting:

[*]Insomnia - CHECK, sorta. I have been exhausted all week and dozing off/on, but on Sunday night I was wide awake tossing/turning in bed for 3hrs. That never happens. At one point I got up and did the dishes I was so awake. :confused:

[*]Decreased appetite - CHECK. I haven't been hungry in a while. I eat just fine, but it feels more out of habit than out of hunger.

Maybe I'm convincing myself, or maybe not. But this week has sucked and I'm not sure why. I've been going through some added stress (total chaos at work and drama with my Mom/cancer). Maybe its a combo of both. I'm taking the rest of the recovery week off and will see what Monday brings.

I almost died today because of this crap.

After I finished p90x, I thought it would be an easy transition. It is not even in the same ballpark. I am doing this two days a week only but I still dread those two days.

starting the month 2 workouts tonight after the long holiday weekend. This is going to be ugly after 4 days off...

I did some reading on over training and I'm wondering if I've hit the wall. Per this llink, I have about half of these going on...

[*]Washed-out feeling, tired, drained, lack of energy - CHECK. I've felt like crap all week. This is my main concern. Monday hit and I've felt like garbage every since. It's really starting to bother me.

[*]Mild leg soreness, general aches and pains - CHECK. Legs have been sore all week. I just went for a super light run instead of Core Cardio/Balance and my glutes are sore. They're never sore.

[*]Pain in muscles and joints - CHECK. I think I posted this already. My knees/ankles have been tender.

[*]Sudden drop in performance - CHECK. I ran a faster pace that day I posted about running after Insanity then I did at this week's 5k. Not an exact test, but my body felt more tired at the 5k then I did at the post-Insanity run. :popcorn:

[*]Insomnia - CHECK, sorta. I have been exhausted all week and dozing off/on, but on Sunday night I was wide awake tossing/turning in bed for 3hrs. That never happens. At one point I got up and did the dishes I was so awake. :bag:

[*]Decreased appetite - CHECK. I haven't been hungry in a while. I eat just fine, but it feels more out of habit than out of hunger.

Maybe I'm convincing myself, or maybe not. But this week has sucked and I'm not sure why. I've been going through some added stress (total chaos at work and drama with my Mom/cancer). Maybe its a combo of both. I'm taking the rest of the recovery week off and will see what Monday brings.
Ya I'm taking this week off. Between missing yesterday for the beach, bring horribly sun burned, having pool tonight, date tomorrow, company party Friday, I just don't see the point stating this week and only doing half.

[*]Sudden drop in performance - CHECK. I ran a faster pace that day I posted about running after Insanity then I did at this week's 5k. Not an exact test, but my body felt more tired at the 5k then I did at the post-Insanity run. :popcorn:

[*]Insomnia - CHECK, sorta. I have been exhausted all week and dozing off/on, but on Sunday night I was wide awake tossing/turning in bed for 3hrs. That never happens. At one point I got up and did the dishes I was so awake. :bag:

Sounds like ball cancer to me. You should see your doctor.

I had to travel for work through the holiday weekend, so I've fallen behind. I started week 6 today, but only did the Fit Test. I'm a little worried about still being burnt out, so I'm splitting up the Fit Test and Max Interval Circuit (will do MIC tomorrow).

I improved everywhere except for Suicide Jumps. God I hate those things. The big thing for me is breaking through the 200 barrier. Last time I was under 200 was on active duty back in 2003. :lmao:

Code:
Date			  31-May 14-Jun 06-JulMove			  Test 1 Test 2 Test 3Weight			   205	202	199Switch Kicks		 121	130	131Power Jacks		   41	 54	 55Power Knees		   74	 91	 97Power Jumps		   27	 34	 37Globe Jumps		  8.5	 10	 11Suicide Jumps		 15	 17	 16Push-Up Jacks		 22	 24	 26Low Plank Oblique	 44	 56	 59

I had to travel for work through the holiday weekend, so I've fallen behind. I started week 6 today, but only did the Fit Test. I'm a little worried about still being burnt out, so I'm splitting up the Fit Test and Max Interval Circuit (will do MIC tomorrow).I improved everywhere except for Suicide Jumps. God I hate those things. The big thing for me is breaking through the 200 barrier. Last time I was under 200 was on active duty back in 2003. :hophead:

Code:
Date			  31-May 14-Jun 06-JulMove			  Test 1 Test 2 Test 3Weight			   205	202	199Switch Kicks		 121	130	131Power Jacks		   41	 54	 55Power Knees		   74	 91	 97Power Jumps		   27	 34	 37Globe Jumps		  8.5	 10	 11Suicide Jumps		 15	 17	 16Push-Up Jacks		 22	 24	 26Low Plank Oblique	 44	 56	 59
Hell ya dude! Way to work!

I had to travel for work through the holiday weekend, so I've fallen behind. I started week 6 today, but only did the Fit Test. I'm a little worried about still being burnt out, so I'm splitting up the Fit Test and Max Interval Circuit (will do MIC tomorrow).I improved everywhere except for Suicide Jumps. God I hate those things. The big thing for me is breaking through the 200 barrier. Last time I was under 200 was on active duty back in 2003. :nerd:

Code:
nice work ned! My goal starting this was to break the 200 barrier, down from 207-209 (depending on the day) to 203-204 so I am on the right track. I skipped the fit test and just did the max interval circuit, it absolutely ####### sucked! No clue how so of you did both of those things in a day....

Finished INSANITY. Back for round 2 of the craziness, in week 1. Then on to p90x.
CongratsI just started week 4 today and am doing fine. I was a bit tired at the end of last week because I was hauling heavy brush for 5-6 hours a day on top of the insanity workouts. Tomorrow I'll do fine with cardio power & resistance but I'm also going hiking down into the

near my town and back up. So I might be dragging quite a bit later this week because of it, but its always a blast and then swimming in the river is good times. I will not be taking the same route as Vin Diesel. Also, people still find pieces of the red car scattered around the crash site.

Users who are viewing this thread