What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

INSANITY (1 Viewer)

I haven't gotten my DVDs yet, but I have a question for those of you that are just starting and aren't in great shape. Seems like I'm not going to be able to complete the first couple of DVDs 100% of the way, or I'll have to take breaks, skip things, etc. in order to get through it. Seems like a lot of other people would be in this situation as well. Do you keep doing that workout until you can get through it? Or just do the best you can and plow into the next day?

I haven't gotten my DVDs yet, but I have a question for those of you that are just starting and aren't in great shape. Seems like I'm not going to be able to complete the first couple of DVDs 100% of the way, or I'll have to take breaks, skip things, etc. in order to get through it. Seems like a lot of other people would be in this situation as well. Do you keep doing that workout until you can get through it? Or just do the best you can and plow into the next day?
I take breaks as needed, but finish the program. I had to hit pause on the DVD a couple of time on the fit test, but I did finish it. I did not use the pause button on day 2 or 3, but I definitely had to sit out a couple rotations.

It comes with a workout calendar, so I follow what the calendar say to do for that day. I still haven't completed a workout 100%, in fact, I don't think it's possible to complete a workout 100%. If you can, then that just means that you didn't push yourself hard enough. Heck, the people in the videos aren't even completing the workouts. What you'll find is that after the initial shock to your system, your body starts to adapt and you start to get stronger and you can work yourself harder and harder (but still not complete the workout). The important thing to remember is to go at your own pace and take breaks when you need them.On a side note, Cardio Recovery day today. Yea!

I wouldn't worry about completing the workouts 100% right from the start. Hell most of the people on the dvd's need to take breaks and they all look to be in great shape. Do what you can and take breaks when you need to. You repeat the workouts each week and there are moves that cross over the dvd's so you will get better at them as you repeat them through the weeks.To sum it up in beachbody cliches - do your best and forget the rest, then bring it, dig deeper and push through!!

Is there anything out there like P90, but for GAINING weight/muscle? My regular routine has always kept me fit with low body fat (think Patrick Swayze) but I'd like to try something new that would add some weight to my frame, without eating a dozen donuts a day.

Is there anything out there like P90, but for GAINING weight/muscle? My regular routine has always kept me fit with low body fat (think Patrick Swayze) but I'd like to try something new that would add some weight to my frame, without eating a dozen donuts a day.
There's no such thing as a hard gainer, only an under eater. If you want to put on muscle, you have to increase your protein intake, but you body can only handle a certain amount in one sitting, that's why it's important to each a bunch of meals throughout the day. My guess is, if you laid out your diet, you'd see why your workouts have you looking like Patrick Swayze.

There's no such thing as a hard gainer, only an under eater. If you want to put on muscle, you have to increase your protein intake, but you body can only handle a certain amount in one sitting, that's why it's important to each a bunch of meals throughout the day. My guess is, if you laid out your diet, you'd see why your workouts have you looking like Patrick Swayze.
I'm not disputing that I probably don't eat enough at each "meal" (6 times a day.) It just doesn't seem like a program like P90 would be right for me, when I see a lot of results reporting 20lb losses, etc.

I'm not disputing that I probably don't eat enough at each "meal" (6 times a day.) It just doesn't seem like a program like P90 would be right for me, when I see a lot of results reporting 20lb losses, etc.
P90x is not for gaining weight - it will give you lean muscle mass due to the high reps and high cardio aspect of it. Other programs out there are better for that, most will be low rep, high weight things I'd imagine. But I agree that it's mostly diet. You should be eating 1.5-2x as many grams of protein as your body weight.Also, thanks for the responses regarding my question earlier. Makes good sense to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also did day 6 repeat plyo, the last circuit was pretty intense I had forgotten about the plank swings, hate those bad boys!

Tomorrow is supposed to be an off day but I am doing Cardio power and resistance and taking saturday as my off day.

Also did day 6 repeat plyo, the last circuit was pretty intense I had forgotten about the plank swings, hate those bad boys!Tomorrow is supposed to be an off day but I am doing Cardio power and resistance and taking saturday as my off day.
The whole point of a rest day is to allow your body to recover. You're better off doing nothing then doing an all out workout. The rule I always live by when lifting is that you don't grow in the gym, you grow out of the gym.

Videos in hand, all docs read and video intro viewed. Gonna start Day 1 with the fit test tomorrow (Saturday)...figure that will give me Fridays off for the next 2 months which would be the hardest night for me to fit this in with the busy summer coming up.

offdee is getting ready to DIG DEEP!

Videos in hand, all docs read and video intro viewed. Gonna start Day 1 with the fit test tomorrow (Saturday)...figure that will give me Fridays off for the next 2 months which would be the hardest night for me to fit this in with the busy summer coming up.offdee is getting ready to DIG DEEP!
I'm starting tomorrow as well. :thumbup:

Videos in hand, all docs read and video intro viewed. Gonna start Day 1 with the fit test tomorrow (Saturday)...figure that will give me Fridays off for the next 2 months which would be the hardest night for me to fit this in with the busy summer coming up.offdee is getting ready to DIG DEEP!
Everything turn out okay?

He's too fried to make it to the computer.

He's too fried to make it to the computer.
Is it Saturday already?

Wrigley said:
offdee said:
:thumbup: Much appreciated GB.

Wrigley said:
offdee said:
:lmao: Much appreciated GB.
Mine is in the mail and should hopefully arrive today or tomorrow. Hopefully I can start this on the same day as you guys so we can compare a bit and keep each other accountable for doing the stuff. GL!

did pure cardio w/ cardio abs for the first time last night. the ab routine wasn't too bad even though i was pretty beat from the pure cardio. they have you "warm up" again in the ab section but it isn't like the warmup for the other dvd's (shorter, different moves).

i like how they tell you "don't stop moving" as shaun t and everyone else is lying dead on the floor at the end of pure cardio.

Saturday, April 10th Day 1 starters/motivators:

- offdee

- the moops

- tribecalledjeff

- Giant Wooden Badger

Anybody else wanna start digging deep with us tomorrow?

Saturday, April 10th Day 1 starters/motivators:- offdee- the moops- tribecalledjeffAnybody else wanna start digging deep with us tomorrow?
I'll probably start tomorrow morning as well. Starting burning the DVDs last night. I think I'm done with the first 8 vids so far.

Saturday, April 10th Day 1 starters/motivators:- offdee- the moops- tribecalledjeffAnybody else wanna start digging deep with us tomorrow?
I'll probably start tomorrow morning as well. Starting burning the DVDs last night. I think I'm done with the first 8 vids so far.
All you need is video 1 to start. Tomorrow is gonna be insane!!!111!!
I finally got around to watching the fit test video.Uh oh :confused:

Saturday, April 10th Day 1 starters/motivators:

- offdee

- the moops

- tribecalledjeff

Anybody else wanna start digging deep with us tomorrow?
All you need is video 1 to start. Tomorrow is gonna be insane!!!111!!
I finally got around to watching the fit test video.Uh oh :lmao:
here

Already on Day 3 and I feel like a new man. I didn't have that much fat on me to begin with, but all of my muscles are really tight now. I was on Day 2 yesterday and it took me about 45 minutes to get through the 30 minute video.

I've also adjusted my diet to include lots of peanut butter, fish, and chicken. My only sugar intake is through my juice addiction.

Feelin lean and mean :goodposting:

Already on Day 3 and I feel like a new man. I didn't have that much fat on me to begin with, but all of my muscles are really tight now. I was on Day 2 yesterday and it took me about 45 minutes to get through the 30 minute video.I've also adjusted my diet to include lots of peanut butter, fish, and chicken. My only sugar intake is through my juice addiction.Feelin lean and mean :thumbup:
This thread just took a sharp turn straight downhill.

Already on Day 3 and I feel like a new man. I didn't have that much fat on me to begin with, but all of my muscles are really tight now. I was on Day 2 yesterday and it took me about 45 minutes to get through the 30 minute video.I've also adjusted my diet to include lots of peanut butter, fish, and chicken. My only sugar intake is through my juice addiction.Feelin lean and mean :thumbup:
Who are all these noobs crawling out of the woodwork? Member #40,000, isn't that a bit much to trash-talk me?

Who are all these noobs crawling out of the woodwork? Member #40,000, isn't that a bit much to trash-talk me?
Would it make you feel better if I used my account with member #16,000?

Can't we all just get along.Also, how did it take you 45 minutes to do a 30 minute video.

Would it make you feel better if I used my account with member #16,000?
By all means, unless the board ran off that alias for being a jerk.

For those having a hard time getting the MP4 versions to DVD try DVD Flick. It's a free download and is really easy to use. There's also a YouTube vid that walks you through how to use it.

supposed to be an off day but I did cardio abs and cardio power.

abs was okay, cardio power was not so pretty.

I am promising myself a day off from Insanity TOMORROW.

and then moving to Pure Cardio on Sunday.

I'm in a hotel room in Tokyo. The jetlag sucks, and the eating/drinking during this next week suck, and I've missed the past two days due to travel. That said, I've got it here on the iPad, and I have a few hours to kill midday, so I'm going to force do it here in the hotel room, and then hopefully follow through the rest of the week. I'll do it when I can. And when I'm back home I'll be back on to a full schedule.

I really did feel like a new man a week into this thing. A few days away from it and I feel like garbage again.

facook said:
I bought the set from Mr. Torrents for $0. Wife and I have a gym membership, and I use it 6 days/week (but I eat terribly so I'm fat and out of shape), but thought this sounded interesting/fun. Randomly decided to try one of these today instead of going to the gym. Did Day 3 - Cardio Power & Resistance. Oh. My. Gravy. I bet I did 2/3 of the stuff, at about 1/2 speed. Just the warm up was a killer. You guys have no been lying. My calves are going to be seizing up all day tomorrow.
Horrible. If you're not mentally ready to commit yourself to the entire program, then you can't expect to achieve anything. You are hurting yourself more than helping. You must have 45 minutes out of the day for free time. And believe me, I look like I'm in shape, but I probably paused Day 2 about 10 times, but I pushed and got through it without standing there and watching the video go by. The goal is just to drip sweat and it sounds like most people in here have been doing that.eta: Starting Day 3 exercises in 1 minute. Cardio Power here I come :fishing: .

facook said:
I bought the set from Mr. Torrents for $0. Wife and I have a gym membership, and I use it 6 days/week (but I eat terribly so I'm fat and out of shape), but thought this sounded interesting/fun. Randomly decided to try one of these today instead of going to the gym. Did Day 3 - Cardio Power & Resistance. Oh. My. Gravy. I bet I did 2/3 of the stuff, at about 1/2 speed. Just the warm up was a killer. You guys have no been lying. My calves are going to be seizing up all day tomorrow.
Horrible. If you're not mentally ready to commit yourself to the entire program, then you can't expect to achieve anything. You are hurting yourself more than helping. You must have 45 minutes out of the day for free time. And believe me, I look like I'm in shape, but I probably paused Day 2 about 10 times, but I pushed and got through it without standing there and watching the video go by. The goal is just to drip sweat and it sounds like most people in here have been doing that.eta: Starting Day 3 exercises in 1 minute. Cardio Power here I come :shrug: .
Great, thanks! :fishing:

facook said:
Horrible. If you're not mentally ready to commit yourself to the entire program, then you can't expect to achieve anything. You are hurting yourself more than helping. You must have 45 minutes out of the day for free time. And believe me, I look like I'm in shape, but I probably paused Day 2 about 10 times, but I pushed and got through it without standing there and watching the video go by. The goal is just to drip sweat and it sounds like most people in here have been doing that.eta: Starting Day 3 exercises in 1 minute. Cardio Power here I come :thumbdown: .
you're an excellent motivator

facook said:
Horrible. If you're not mentally ready to commit yourself to the entire program, then you can't expect to achieve anything. You are hurting yourself more than helping. You must have 45 minutes out of the day for free time. And believe me, I look like I'm in shape, but I probably paused Day 2 about 10 times, but I pushed and got through it without standing there and watching the video go by. The goal is just to drip sweat and it sounds like most people in here have been doing that.eta: Starting Day 3 exercises in 1 minute. Cardio Power here I come :lmao: .
Great, thanks! :thumbdown:
:lmao:

Okay, just did the Fit Test. I'm not looking forward to tomorrow.And I would like to do naughty things to Tanya.
Nice work. Results posted please.I'll be doing the Fit Test around 4pm today.
Will post later today. Heading to the park with the kids right now.The first exercise is a rough estimate though. I sort of lost count while trying to focus on the video and the correct form so I'm pretty sure I missed 15 or 20 reps in my count.

Well, I was going to build a compost bin today, but my neighbor just gave me an old one of his. Looks like I have to head over to his house and drink some beer today.

I'm gonna try and bust out the fit test right now. I am already tasting the beer.

:(

Ouch.

Switch Kicks: 115

Power Jacks: 45

Power Knees: 79 (this wiped me out big time)

Power Jumps: 24

Globe Jumps: 8

Suicide Jumps: 11

Push-Up Jacks: 15

Low Plank Oblique: 42

Weight: 165

Height: 5'9"

Users who are viewing this thread