What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

INSANITY (3 Viewers)

Okay, just did the Fit Test. I'm not looking forward to tomorrow.

And I would like to do naughty things to Tanya.
Nice work. Results posted please.I'll be doing the Fit Test around 4pm today.
Will post later today. Heading to the park with the kids right now.

The first exercise is a rough estimate though. I sort of lost count while trying to focus on the video and the correct form so I'm pretty sure I missed 15 or 20 reps in my count.
Sure you did. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Oof. Thought I was in somewhat decent shape. Guess not.

Day 1, Fit Test 1:

6'1", 190lbs

- Switch Kicks: 160

- Power Jacks: 67

- Power Knees: 79

- Power Jumps: 36

- Globe Jumps: 8

- Suicide Jumps: 15

- Push-up Jacks: 27

- Low Plank Oblique: 40

Girlfriend also doing it with me

- Switch Kicks: 115

- Power Jacks: 53

- Power Knees: 76

- Power Jumps: 26

- Globe Jumps: 5

- Suicide Jumps: 11

- Push-up Jacks: 10

- Low Plank Oblique: 35

Last edited by a moderator:
T-minus 20 minutes until I do the Fit Test.

God help us all...especially my downstairs neighbors. There's a very real possibility that my fat @## will land in their living room at some point.

T-minus 20 minutes until I do the Fit Test.God help us all...especially my downstairs neighbors. There's a very real possibility that my fat @## will land in their living room at some point.
:shrug:GL GB. I'm resigning myself to falling apart this week. I'm too jetlagged and not sufficiently motivated to do this in a hotel room. I'll just accept a one-week setback and start back in hard next weekend.

T-minus 20 minutes until I do the Fit Test.God help us all...especially my downstairs neighbors. There's a very real possibility that my fat @## will land in their living room at some point.
OK, I'm gonna need to preface this with some information about your GB Homer J.I just turned 36. I'm 6'2" and was generally hanging out between 205 and 225 for most of the last 10 years. In the last six months however, I've put on an incomprehensible amount of weight...45 friggin' pounds. In six months. So I'm 6'2" and 267, and that's after dropping 6 pounds in the last couple of weeks.I've also smoked since I was 12. I quit back in January but I've pretty much fallen off the wagon in the last week. I have a horrendously bad lower back, no core strength whatsoever, no cardiovascular endurance to speak of, and shoulders that are made of ground glass.So based on this preface, you can probably guess that my Fit Test results were...shall we say...subpar.I couldn't even make it through the warmup...not even close.- Switch Kicks: 57- Power Jacks: 30- Power Knees: 40- Power Jumps: 16 (these KILLED me)- Globe Jumps: 7- Suicide Jumps: 6- Push-up Jacks: 10 - Low Plank Oblique: 26:thumbdown:I got a long way to go.

OK, I'm gonna need to preface this with some information about your GB Homer J.I just turned 36. I'm 6'2" and was generally hanging out between 205 and 225 for most of the last 10 years. In the last six months however, I've put on an incomprehensible amount of weight...45 friggin' pounds. In six months. So I'm 6'2" and 267, and that's after dropping 6 pounds in the last couple of weeks.I've also smoked since I was 12. I quit back in January but I've pretty much fallen off the wagon in the last week. I have a horrendously bad lower back, no core strength whatsoever, no cardiovascular endurance to speak of, and shoulders that are made of ground glass.So based on this preface, you can probably guess that my Fit Test results were...shall we say...subpar.I couldn't even make it through the warmup...not even close.- Switch Kicks: 57- Power Jacks: 30- Power Knees: 40- Power Jumps: 16 (these KILLED me)- Globe Jumps: 7- Suicide Jumps: 6- Push-up Jacks: 10 - Low Plank Oblique: 26:goodposting:I got a long way to go.
That's a lot of weight GB, and really unhealthy for you. I find that even if I'm 15 lbs or so above my ideal weight, it takes its toll on my lower back. I can only imagine how bad that much must be on you.Don't fret the statistics. For me, I didn't even write down stuff on the fit test. It doesn't matter to me. All we have to know is that if we follow the program, regardless of where we started off, we'll be in significantly better shape 2 months later. Even after a week I felt and noticed a difference -- my core was tighter and stronger, my gut was shrunk, I was thinner, and I felt great. And that's one week. 8 weeks straight of this, if one can stick with it, will be huge. So just hang in there and do what's prescribed, and we'll have in-shape Homer back in no time.

OK, I'm gonna need to preface this with some information about your GB Homer J.I just turned 36. I'm 6'2" and was generally hanging out between 205 and 225 for most of the last 10 years. In the last six months however, I've put on an incomprehensible amount of weight...45 friggin' pounds. In six months. So I'm 6'2" and 267, and that's after dropping 6 pounds in the last couple of weeks.I've also smoked since I was 12. I quit back in January but I've pretty much fallen off the wagon in the last week. I have a horrendously bad lower back, no core strength whatsoever, no cardiovascular endurance to speak of, and shoulders that are made of ground glass.So based on this preface, you can probably guess that my Fit Test results were...shall we say...subpar.I couldn't even make it through the warmup...not even close.- Switch Kicks: 57- Power Jacks: 30- Power Knees: 40- Power Jumps: 16 (these KILLED me)- Globe Jumps: 7- Suicide Jumps: 6- Push-up Jacks: 10 - Low Plank Oblique: 26:bag:I got a long way to go.
That's a lot of weight GB, and really unhealthy for you. I find that even if I'm 15 lbs or so above my ideal weight, it takes its toll on my lower back. I can only imagine how bad that much must be on you.Don't fret the statistics. For me, I didn't even write down stuff on the fit test. It doesn't matter to me. All we have to know is that if we follow the program, regardless of where we started off, we'll be in significantly better shape 2 months later. Even after a week I felt and noticed a difference -- my core was tighter and stronger, my gut was shrunk, I was thinner, and I felt great. And that's one week. 8 weeks straight of this, if one can stick with it, will be huge. So just hang in there and do what's prescribed, and we'll have in-shape Homer back in no time.
:goodposting: I could tell a difference in how I felt after 3 days. I love the immediate benefits. I can't imagine how good I'll feel after the full cycle.

OK, I'm gonna need to preface this with some information about your GB Homer J.I just turned 36. I'm 6'2" and was generally hanging out between 205 and 225 for most of the last 10 years. In the last six months however, I've put on an incomprehensible amount of weight...45 friggin' pounds. In six months. So I'm 6'2" and 267, and that's after dropping 6 pounds in the last couple of weeks.I've also smoked since I was 12. I quit back in January but I've pretty much fallen off the wagon in the last week. I have a horrendously bad lower back, no core strength whatsoever, no cardiovascular endurance to speak of, and shoulders that are made of ground glass.So based on this preface, you can probably guess that my Fit Test results were...shall we say...subpar.I couldn't even make it through the warmup...not even close.- Switch Kicks: 57- Power Jacks: 30- Power Knees: 40- Power Jumps: 16 (these KILLED me)- Globe Jumps: 7- Suicide Jumps: 6- Push-up Jacks: 10 - Low Plank Oblique: 26:mellow:I got a long way to go.
That's a lot of weight GB, and really unhealthy for you. I find that even if I'm 15 lbs or so above my ideal weight, it takes its toll on my lower back. I can only imagine how bad that much must be on you.
Oh yeah, I went from my back being sore once or twice a week to every damn day. It always feels like I'm one awkward move away from throwing it out. It's no way to live.I've actually been putting off the workout thing because I'm deathly afraid of throwing it out again. It seriously puts me out of commission for 5 or 6 days (like, barely even mobile) and takes a good solid month to get back to something resembling normal.

OK, I'm gonna need to preface this with some information about your GB Homer J.I just turned 36. I'm 6'2" and was generally hanging out between 205 and 225 for most of the last 10 years. In the last six months however, I've put on an incomprehensible amount of weight...45 friggin' pounds. In six months. So I'm 6'2" and 267, and that's after dropping 6 pounds in the last couple of weeks.I've also smoked since I was 12. I quit back in January but I've pretty much fallen off the wagon in the last week. I have a horrendously bad lower back, no core strength whatsoever, no cardiovascular endurance to speak of, and shoulders that are made of ground glass.So based on this preface, you can probably guess that my Fit Test results were...shall we say...subpar.I couldn't even make it through the warmup...not even close.- Switch Kicks: 57- Power Jacks: 30- Power Knees: 40- Power Jumps: 16 (these KILLED me)- Globe Jumps: 7- Suicide Jumps: 6- Push-up Jacks: 10 - Low Plank Oblique: 26:tinfoilhat:I got a long way to go.
That's a lot of weight GB, and really unhealthy for you. I find that even if I'm 15 lbs or so above my ideal weight, it takes its toll on my lower back. I can only imagine how bad that much must be on you.
Oh yeah, I went from my back being sore once or twice a week to every damn day. It always feels like I'm one awkward move away from throwing it out. It's no way to live.I've actually been putting off the workout thing because I'm deathly afraid of throwing it out again. It seriously puts me out of commission for 5 or 6 days (like, barely even mobile) and takes a good solid month to get back to something resembling normal.
Stick with it GB. I bet if you stick this out you'll be losing 20 lbs in no time.

OK, I'm gonna need to preface this with some information about your GB Homer J.I just turned 36. I'm 6'2" and was generally hanging out between 205 and 225 for most of the last 10 years. In the last six months however, I've put on an incomprehensible amount of weight...45 friggin' pounds. In six months. So I'm 6'2" and 267, and that's after dropping 6 pounds in the last couple of weeks.I've also smoked since I was 12. I quit back in January but I've pretty much fallen off the wagon in the last week. I have a horrendously bad lower back, no core strength whatsoever, no cardiovascular endurance to speak of, and shoulders that are made of ground glass.So based on this preface, you can probably guess that my Fit Test results were...shall we say...subpar.I couldn't even make it through the warmup...not even close.- Switch Kicks: 57- Power Jacks: 30- Power Knees: 40- Power Jumps: 16 (these KILLED me)- Globe Jumps: 7- Suicide Jumps: 6- Push-up Jacks: 10 - Low Plank Oblique: 26:shrug:I got a long way to go.
To save your back, make sure you focus on doing the exercises correctly. When you get tired, its easy to do it wrong and you could easily throw out your back. It will be better in the long run to do fewer reps correctly and take breaks when you cant focus.

Just did Plyo Cardio. HOLY CRAP. By the time we hit the stuff in the plank position (around 13 minute remaining or so) I was a sweaty heap on my floor. I probably only did 30% of that stuff.

Truly insanity.

Just did Plyo Cardio. HOLY CRAP. By the time we hit the stuff in the plank position (around 13 minute remaining or so) I was a sweaty heap on my floor. I probably only did 30% of that stuff.Truly insanity.
T-minus 1 hour 'til my round of this. This didn't help me look forward to it any.Had my one piece of toast with peanut butter and fruit preserve for breakfast and now drinking a big glass of water to prepare for the onslaught.

Just did Plyo Cardio. HOLY CRAP. By the time we hit the stuff in the plank position (around 13 minute remaining or so) I was a sweaty heap on my floor. I probably only did 30% of that stuff.Truly insanity.
T-minus 1 hour 'til my round of this. This didn't help me look forward to it any.Had my one piece of toast with peanut butter and fruit preserve for breakfast and now drinking a big glass of water to prepare for the onslaught.
Just finished this about 10mins. ago (hands are still a little shaky as I type this)Not fun, but will feel damn good the rest of the day knowing I did it. As GWB noted above, I also did about 30% of the movements on the tail end of the video.Weird, but I feel better now than I did yesterday after the fit test (had some dizziness going on yesterday).Day 2 down!

Another pure Cardio done.

I have cut out almost all the running I have been doing and just focusing on Insanity, did go out for a run on my off day and I can really say that even after a week Insanity has helped my speed a touch.

Pretty pleased.

Day of rest today for me (I did play some flag football for 2 hours though), starting week 4 tomorrow. Looking forward to a full week of recovery next week. I can honestly say the results are real. Losing a little bit of the spare tire and fat in my boobies. And month two looks like a ##### so I would guess the results become more dramatic that month.

After my humbling experience yesterday and the ridiculous soreness I had all day today, there was no f'n way I was going to go back for more right away. But then I did. Yay me!

It wasn't pretty. I didn't even keep up with a third of the activity. But I have a heart rate monitor and I kept my rate above 170 for the whole time...was actually at 189 at one point right before a break.

I haven't played hoops of flag football or anything in a couple of years. I think I forgot how good it feels to have a real asskicking workout. :nerd:

I think doing it today (and feeling good) might go a long way toward making me stick with it. :goodposting:

After my humbling experience yesterday and the ridiculous soreness I had all day today, there was no f'n way I was going to go back for more right away. But then I did. Yay me! It wasn't pretty. I didn't even keep up with a third of the activity. But I have a heart rate monitor and I kept my rate above 170 for the whole time...was actually at 189 at one point right before a break. I haven't played hoops of flag football or anything in a couple of years. I think I forgot how good it feels to have a real asskicking workout. :lmao: I think doing it today (and feeling good) might go a long way toward making me stick with it. :confused:
Way to fight through it GB :lmao:I think that's the whole battle here. Just stuck with it and follow the program. If I was a week in and now am missing a week

After my humbling experience yesterday and the ridiculous soreness I had all day today, there was no f'n way I was going to go back for more right away. But then I did. Yay me! It wasn't pretty. I didn't even keep up with a third of the activity. But I have a heart rate monitor and I kept my rate above 170 for the whole time...was actually at 189 at one point right before a break. I haven't played hoops of flag football or anything in a couple of years. I think I forgot how good it feels to have a real asskicking workout. :) I think doing it today (and feeling good) might go a long way toward making me stick with it. :thumbup:
This, more than anything else is what its about. Ya the work outs are tough, and twenty minutes into it you are cursing yourself and Shawn T. When it is over though the feeling of relief is amazing and as long as you can tap into that then I'm sure anyone can get through it.Good work.

This, more than anything else is what its about. Ya the work outs are tough, and twenty minutes into it you are cursing yourself and Shawn T. When it is over though the feeling of relief is amazing and as long as you can tap into that then I'm sure anyone can get through it.
Couldn't have said this any better myself. Definitely not easy, but also not something anybody would rationally do on their own without someone or a TV telling them to do it. You kind of dread it before you hit play, hate it throughout, but as soon as it's over you have a feeling of accomplishment and feel great about yourself the rest of the day, and look back on the session as not that big of a deal.I look it as an hour a day for 2 months....I can do ANYTHING for an hour a day for 2 months. I'm excited to see the ultimate results.I'm doing it with my girlfriend which we're finding is also beneficial and motivational....we've both said that there were many times that we would've probably rested if by ourself, but looking over and seeing someone else still pushing through it keeps you going.My body feels like how it did back in the day after 2 a day spring college football practices. Haven't really had that burn for a good 10 years, and in a way is a good feeling to have again.

After my humbling experience yesterday and the ridiculous soreness I had all day today, there was no f'n way I was going to go back for more right away. But then I did. Yay me! It wasn't pretty. I didn't even keep up with a third of the activity. But I have a heart rate monitor and I kept my rate above 170 for the whole time...was actually at 189 at one point right before a break. I haven't played hoops of flag football or anything in a couple of years. I think I forgot how good it feels to have a real asskicking workout. :shrug: I think doing it today (and feeling good) might go a long way toward making me stick with it. :mellow:
Just a friendly warning. You will be even sorer on day 3. Push through it and it gets better from there. Day 4 recovery helps a lot and by the end of the week the soreness should be gone.

Doing Fitness Test 2 tonight. No more soreness, although I will say that doing Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs back to back really sucked.

After my humbling experience yesterday and the ridiculous soreness I had all day today, there was no f'n way I was going to go back for more right away. But then I did. Yay me! It wasn't pretty. I didn't even keep up with a third of the activity. But I have a heart rate monitor and I kept my rate above 170 for the whole time...was actually at 189 at one point right before a break. I haven't played hoops of flag football or anything in a couple of years. I think I forgot how good it feels to have a real asskicking workout. :) I think doing it today (and feeling good) might go a long way toward making me stick with it. :shrug:
That's the ticket with these things (as others have already said). Before you know it, it'll become part of your normal routine.Be careful with that heart rate. 170 is pretty dang high. 189? :eek:

Day 3 in the books and I hate both myself and Shawn T - hate him much more though.

I'm sore in places that I didn't know existed. And that was before I even did Day 3.

What is Day 4? I'm afraid to look.

Is there anything out there like P90, but for GAINING weight/muscle? My regular routine has always kept me fit with low body fat (think Patrick Swayze) but I'd like to try something new that would add some weight to my frame, without eating a dozen donuts a day.
There's no such thing as a hard gainer, only an under eater. If you want to put on muscle, you have to increase your protein intake, but you body can only handle a certain amount in one sitting, that's why it's important to each a bunch of meals throughout the day. My guess is, if you laid out your diet, you'd see why your workouts have you looking like Patrick Swayze.
I'm not disputing that I probably don't eat enough at each "meal" (6 times a day.) It just doesn't seem like a program like P90 would be right for me, when I see a lot of results reporting 20lb losses, etc.
P90x is not for gaining weight - it will give you lean muscle mass due to the high reps and high cardio aspect of it. Other programs out there are better for that, most will be low rep, high weight things I'd imagine. But I agree that it's mostly diet. You should be eating 1.5-2x as many grams of protein as your body weight.Also, thanks for the responses regarding my question earlier. Makes good sense to me.
Ok, I've reviewed my daily intake and made some adjustments to increase my protein from about 70g/day to almost 150g/day. I'm 5' 7", 140, 12% body fat. That's going to include an 8oz whey shake with milk. It's been awhile since I've done shakes and used to use Weight Gainer from GNC back in the day. But any recommendations on good, bulk whey powder?

Day 3 in the books and I hate both myself and Shawn T - hate him much more though.I'm sore in places that I didn't know existed. And that was before I even did Day 3.What is Day 4? I'm afraid to look.
Cardio Recovery. Its a light warmup and stretching. Then you go into some slow movements (squat thrusts and pulses, lunges and pulses). Then you go into some Plie Yoga work. Then you do some leg lifts while you are on the ground. Then you do knee to shoulder from the ground. Then you do your cool down stretching. It's recovery in the sense that you aren't raising your heart rate to insane levels, but you still hurt and sweat.

Is there anything out there like P90, but for GAINING weight/muscle? My regular routine has always kept me fit with low body fat (think Patrick Swayze) but I'd like to try something new that would add some weight to my frame, without eating a dozen donuts a day.
There's no such thing as a hard gainer, only an under eater. If you want to put on muscle, you have to increase your protein intake, but you body can only handle a certain amount in one sitting, that's why it's important to each a bunch of meals throughout the day. My guess is, if you laid out your diet, you'd see why your workouts have you looking like Patrick Swayze.
I'm not disputing that I probably don't eat enough at each "meal" (6 times a day.) It just doesn't seem like a program like P90 would be right for me, when I see a lot of results reporting 20lb losses, etc.
P90x is not for gaining weight - it will give you lean muscle mass due to the high reps and high cardio aspect of it. Other programs out there are better for that, most will be low rep, high weight things I'd imagine. But I agree that it's mostly diet. You should be eating 1.5-2x as many grams of protein as your body weight.Also, thanks for the responses regarding my question earlier. Makes good sense to me.
Ok, I've reviewed my daily intake and made some adjustments to increase my protein from about 70g/day to almost 150g/day. I'm 5' 7", 140, 12% body fat. That's going to include an 8oz whey shake with milk. It's been awhile since I've done shakes and used to use Weight Gainer from GNC back in the day. But any recommendations on good, bulk whey powder?
I used to use Designer Protein, but only because I've found that that mixes up the best. Now, I get all my protein from food sources and don't use shakes.

Day 3 in the books and I hate both myself and Shawn T - hate him much more though.I'm sore in places that I didn't know existed. And that was before I even did Day 3.What is Day 4? I'm afraid to look.
Cardio Recovery. Its a light warmup and stretching. Then you go into some slow movements (squat thrusts and pulses, lunges and pulses). Then you go into some Plie Yoga work. Then you do some leg lifts while you are on the ground. Then you do knee to shoulder from the ground. Then you do your cool down stretching. It's recovery in the sense that you aren't raising your heart rate to insane levels, but you still hurt and sweat.
That doesn't sound so bad which means it probably sucks. Sweet.

I'm sure it's covered somewhere in here - for you guys that are knowledgeable on this, how does it compare contrast to P90X as far as what it's trying to accomplish?

Thanks. And good luck to all you guys doing this.

J

Wife and I just did the day one Fit Test... :shock:
Yep, not easy. As I noted above I actually felt better after the Day 2 workout than after the Fit Test. I think the Fit Test is more of a shock to the system than anything..with Day 2 you kind of have an idea of what's coming and are more prepared for it.

I'm sure it's covered somewhere in here - for you guys that are knowledgeable on this, how does it compare contrast to P90X as far as what it's trying to accomplish?Thanks. And good luck to all you guys doing this.J
I'm not an expert on P90X, but from reading earlier comments in this thread I got..INSANITY: high cardio, weight loss, overall tone (don't need anything other than the videos and some open floor space)P90X: muscle gain, overall tone (need extra equipment such as adjustable weights and pull up bar)

Did my week 3 fit test this morning. Improved in everything except for the jumps. Some were slight gaines, and some were pretty big jumps. I forgot the numbers at home of course, so I will post those tonight.

As far as weight, here's how I've gone (6'):

Day 1: 180

Day 7: 178

Day 14: 176.5

I'm sure it will slow down, but I'll take 1.5-2 pounds per week. Last week was horrible (missed Tuesday, did Wednesday, then didn't do it again all week, and ate horribly over the weekend) and I still lost a pound and a half.

I'm sure it's covered somewhere in here - for you guys that are knowledgeable on this, how does it compare contrast to P90X as far as what it's trying to accomplish?Thanks. And good luck to all you guys doing this.J
I'm not an expert on P90X, but from reading earlier comments in this thread I got..INSANITY: high cardio, weight loss, overall tone (don't need anything other than the videos and some open floor space)P90X: muscle gain, overall tone (need extra equipment such as adjustable weights and pull up bar)
I'd agree with this assesssment. The strengths of one is the weakness of the other. If you want to add bulk, or at least get significantly stronger, P90X is the way to go. The downside is the equipment you need.Insanity is great if you don't want to make any other investment in equipment, and you WILL lose weight, but strength and size it will not give you.

I'd agree with this assesssment. The strengths of one is the weakness of the other. If you want to add bulk, or at least get significantly stronger, P90X is the way to go. The downside is the equipment you need.Insanity is great if you don't want to make any other investment in equipment, and you WILL lose weight, but strength and size it will not give you.
Disagree to a point. It will just be a different kind of strength. You're still adding some strength with Insanity. The gains you make in the fit tests isn't ALL aerobic.

Disagree to a point. It will just be a different kind of strength. You're still adding some strength with Insanity. The gains you make in the fit tests isn't ALL aerobic.
I think the main strength benefits of Insanity are in your core which I believe are most neglected by most anyways. Seems like you'll tone up legs and arms just by the nature of the movements but they aren't going to create bulk in those areas like you would weight lifting.

Interesting. I've got P90x but haven't really made a commitment to it. Am intrigued by this new workout though.J

I think the main strength benefits of Insanity are in your core which I believe are most neglected by most anyways. Seems like you'll tone up legs and arms just by the nature of the movements but they aren't going to create bulk in those areas like you would weight lifting.
Agree. But you'll add some strength to other areas too but obviously not on the level of P90X.

Looking to start this program by the end of the week.

My problem is going to be the diet part of the program. My meal routine is complete crap. I've been an insomniac that preforms best on 3-4 hours of sleep for as long as I can remember.

My current daily routine is something like this:

Wake up around 4:30-5 am. Woman and child usually don't get up until after I leave for work so I usually retreat down to my mancave and watch a movie. This is going to be the time I set aside for the program

I'm in the office by 7:30 every morning, 99% of the time skipping breakfast. I hardly ever take lunch, maybe 4 or 5 times a month. But I do spend a lot of time on the road for appointments. Usually out driving and on appointment 2-3 hours a day. Problem is that as a salesman I work best on an empty stomach, if I eat a full meal I become ridiculously lazy.

So usually the first time I eat is after work. At this time I complete gorge myself and can not think of anything but how hungry I am. You ever seen someone that routinely spends $12+ at Taco Bell and other various dollar menus? I'm that guy. 3 footlongs from Subway? No problem.

At this point I completely crash. From 5:30-7:30 I can't do much but lay on the couch. My 2nd shift pretty much begins around 8pm and I put my son to bed a little before 9 and hang out with my girl. She usually goes to bed first around between 10 and 11. If I go to sleep before 1 am, there is a 100% chance I'm wide awake for at least 2 hours during the night.

My body needs a routine. I'm 6'2" and somewhere between 180-195 lbs. I'm going to guess a on the heavy side, I haven't weighed myself in years. This 6 meals a day stuff seems impossible right now when going from basically 1 and whatever i snack on at night. Do I just dive in cold turkey and eat when I'm not hungry at first?

Can't wait to get started. Hopefully I finish. If I disappear from this thread in a week or two, please bombard me with condescending PMs. I'm hoping to finally get married by the end of the year after being engaged for nearly 3 years, I'd like to look at least half way decent in the wedding pics if possible.

Looking to start this program by the end of the week.My problem is going to be the diet part of the program. My meal routine is complete crap. I've been an insomniac that preforms best on 3-4 hours of sleep for as long as I can remember.My current daily routine is something like this:Wake up around 4:30-5 am. Woman and child usually don't get up until after I leave for work so I usually retreat down to my mancave and watch a movie. This is going to be the time I set aside for the programI'm in the office by 7:30 every morning, 99% of the time skipping breakfast. I hardly ever take lunch, maybe 4 or 5 times a month. But I do spend a lot of time on the road for appointments. Usually out driving and on appointment 2-3 hours a day. Problem is that as a salesman I work best on an empty stomach, if I eat a full meal I become ridiculously lazy.So usually the first time I eat is after work. At this time I complete gorge myself and can not think of anything but how hungry I am. You ever seen someone that routinely spends $12+ at Taco Bell and other various dollar menus? I'm that guy. 3 footlongs from Subway? No problem.At this point I completely crash. From 5:30-7:30 I can't do much but lay on the couch. My 2nd shift pretty much begins around 8pm and I put my son to bed a little before 9 and hang out with my girl. She usually goes to bed first around between 10 and 11. If I go to sleep before 1 am, there is a 100% chance I'm wide awake for at least 2 hours during the night.My body needs a routine. I'm 6'2" and somewhere between 180-195 lbs. I'm going to guess a on the heavy side, I haven't weighed myself in years. This 6 meals a day stuff seems impossible right now when going from basically 1 and whatever i snack on at night. Do I just dive in cold turkey and eat when I'm not hungry at first?Can't wait to get started. Hopefully I finish. If I disappear from this thread in a week or two, please bombard me with condescending PMs. I'm hoping to finally get married by the end of the year after being engaged for nearly 3 years, I'd like to look at least half way decent in the wedding pics if possible.
I am not going to follow the diet at all. I havent even looked at it. :loco:You may not get max results, but you will get results whether you follow it or not. :lmao:

Looking to start this program by the end of the week.My problem is going to be the diet part of the program. My meal routine is complete crap. I've been an insomniac that preforms best on 3-4 hours of sleep for as long as I can remember.My current daily routine is something like this:Wake up around 4:30-5 am. Woman and child usually don't get up until after I leave for work so I usually retreat down to my mancave and watch a movie. This is going to be the time I set aside for the programI'm in the office by 7:30 every morning, 99% of the time skipping breakfast. I hardly ever take lunch, maybe 4 or 5 times a month. But I do spend a lot of time on the road for appointments. Usually out driving and on appointment 2-3 hours a day. Problem is that as a salesman I work best on an empty stomach, if I eat a full meal I become ridiculously lazy.So usually the first time I eat is after work. At this time I complete gorge myself and can not think of anything but how hungry I am. You ever seen someone that routinely spends $12+ at Taco Bell and other various dollar menus? I'm that guy. 3 footlongs from Subway? No problem.At this point I completely crash. From 5:30-7:30 I can't do much but lay on the couch. My 2nd shift pretty much begins around 8pm and I put my son to bed a little before 9 and hang out with my girl. She usually goes to bed first around between 10 and 11. If I go to sleep before 1 am, there is a 100% chance I'm wide awake for at least 2 hours during the night.My body needs a routine. I'm 6'2" and somewhere between 180-195 lbs. I'm going to guess a on the heavy side, I haven't weighed myself in years. This 6 meals a day stuff seems impossible right now when going from basically 1 and whatever i snack on at night. Do I just dive in cold turkey and eat when I'm not hungry at first?Can't wait to get started. Hopefully I finish. If I disappear from this thread in a week or two, please bombard me with condescending PMs. I'm hoping to finally get married by the end of the year after being engaged for nearly 3 years, I'd like to look at least half way decent in the wedding pics if possible.
I am not going to follow the diet at all. I havent even looked at it. :unsure:You may not get max results, but you will get results whether you follow it or not. :shrug:
This.

True, but I guess I was thinking in terms of overall strength. For example, as far as I've experienced so far, there is zero work on your biceps. If I'm looking to bulk up or get stronger, I'm absolutely going to work on the bi's.

This is coming from a fat, out of shape guy so take it with a grain of salt:I wonder if your insomnia is because of your diet? I'd imagine you put your body into shock every night by gorging on your one meal, and then throwing snacks in on top of it. Maybe a more balanced eating plan (number of meals, time eaten) might help you rest?

This is coming from a fat, out of shape guy so take it with a grain of salt:I wonder if your insomnia is because of your diet? I'd imagine you put your body into shock every night by gorging on your one meal, and then throwing snacks in on top of it. Maybe a more balanced eating plan (number of meals, time eaten) might help you rest?
We share the same feelings. My exercise routine since for the last 6 years have consisted of 2 30 lb dumb bells that I pick up a few times a week and do some basic chess presses, shoulder presses, curls, and tricep work out of boredom.I've never had any sort of cardio routine.But we are on the same wavelength, if this program wears me out like I expect it to there is no way I'll be able to wait until 5 to eat every day. I've decided just to stay away from fast food and pack myself a simple lunch every day and just try to take a few bites as often as possible. We'll see how it goes, very anxious to start. Fiance is telling me that there is no way I'll be able to stick to it more than a few days so that should help motivate me. Her and her Wii Fit can suck it!

Fit test, for turds and laughs:

Switch Kicks: 114 (don't think I was kicking high enough though)

Power Jacks: 53

Power Knees: 78

Power Jumps: 30

Globe Jumps: 10

Suicides: 10

Push-up Jacks: 25

Low Plank Obliques: 45

Fit Test 1:

Switch kicks: 132

Squat jacks: 34

Power knees: 100 (anyone else think it was weird that we only did these on one side?)

Power jumps: 21

Globe jumps: 6

Suicides: 12

Push-up jacks: 20

Low plank obliques: 42

6'6", 225 pounds. 20% body fat.

That was, uh, pretty hard.

Users who are viewing this thread