What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tim Tebow - 8.17.21 Waived By Jacksonville (5 Viewers)

'moleculo said:
'Max Power said:
'GeauxTigers said:
Honest question, do you think you'll be happy with where the team is in 3-4 years from now?

Most fans go through that transition point where anything less than the SB isn't good enough. Saints, Falcons and Steeler fans aren't sitting at home happy about their seasons right now. Brees and Big Ben wont be questioned because they have already won the big game. Matt Ryan is already being questioned if he is good enough to lead a team and he is a better QB (at this point) than Tebow.
You are comparing a team that wasn't even suppose to contend for the AFC West with 3 teams that had Superbowl expectations. The expectations between these teams were a bit different this year. And Denver FAR exceeded expectations.
Yeah and what I'm asking is do you think Tebow can be a QB to give the Broncos Superbowl expectations in 3-4 years? Do you think the Broncos would be best served to put all their eggs in the Tebow basket for the near future.
IF Tebow can progress, year after year, the way I think he's capable of, than it's an easy yes. If Tebow progresses the way Favreco thinks he will, easy no.We will have a better answer to this question at this time next year; heck, we should have a better answer by the bye-week.
I personally think he will progress next season. Just not to the point where we aren't having this conversation at the same time next year.I think Tebow will max out in the QB 15-20 range talent wise in the NFL. Good enough to keep the team in the hunt until the final weeks and make the playoffs some years, but not good enough to win the big game unless the rest of the team is playing above and beyond.

Speaking as a Bears fan, Orton was always a good QB. With a solid D and run game, he was a winning QB. However after a couple seasons, it became obvious that once The Bears were down 2-3 scores, we just weren't coming back. He didn't have the skill set to take over a game and win it. So while it was great to make the playoffs and win games, the team knew he wasn't the answer and made a major trade for a QB who has the potential to be.

'moleculo said:
'Max Power said:
'GeauxTigers said:
Honest question, do you think you'll be happy with where the team is in 3-4 years from now?

Most fans go through that transition point where anything less than the SB isn't good enough. Saints, Falcons and Steeler fans aren't sitting at home happy about their seasons right now. Brees and Big Ben wont be questioned because they have already won the big game. Matt Ryan is already being questioned if he is good enough to lead a team and he is a better QB (at this point) than Tebow.
You are comparing a team that wasn't even suppose to contend for the AFC West with 3 teams that had Superbowl expectations. The expectations between these teams were a bit different this year. And Denver FAR exceeded expectations.
Yeah and what I'm asking is do you think Tebow can be a QB to give the Broncos Superbowl expectations in 3-4 years? Do you think the Broncos would be best served to put all their eggs in the Tebow basket for the near future.
IF Tebow can progress, year after year, the way I think he's capable of, than it's an easy yes. If Tebow progresses the way Favreco thinks he will, easy no.We will have a better answer to this question at this time next year; heck, we should have a better answer by the bye-week.
I personally think he will progress next season. Just not to the point where we aren't having this conversation at the same time next year.I think Tebow will max out in the QB 15-20 range talent wise in the NFL. Good enough to keep the team in the hunt until the final weeks and make the playoffs some years, but not good enough to win the big game unless the rest of the team is playing above and beyond.

Speaking as a Bears fan, Orton was always a good QB. With a solid D and run game, he was a winning QB. However after a couple seasons, it became obvious that once The Bears were down 2-3 scores, we just weren't coming back. He didn't have the skill set to take over a game and win it. So while it was great to make the playoffs and win games, the team knew he wasn't the answer and made a major trade for a QB who has the potential to be.
As a passer, If Tebow is a 15-20 type QB, I'll be happy because he has other dimensions that a QB like Orton does not... He obviously brings something to the table running the ball, but beyond that, I believe he makes his teammates better. His presence makes the running game more effective, and I believe that the whole leadership/toughness bit inspires teammates, on both sides of the ball. When teammates see Tebow trucking DB's instead of sliding, they will respond similarly. Orton, on the other hand, is likely to curl up and self-sack when he feels pressure.It's that whole "it" thing that will make the difference.

http://www.nytimes.c...ner=rss&emc=rss

"Over all, it wasn't a bad day," he'd said after a 45-10 playoff drubbing by the Patriots. "It depends on what lens you look through."

Tebow, as usual, was looking through the light of a devoutly religious life. In the corridor, he hugged the young man, whose parents, Pat and Tammy, called themselves devout Christians and said their son had been to South Africa on a mission months before his injury.

Soon they were all praying together, while a protective cocoon of Tebow's people formed around the pair, becoming huffy when a couple of reporters stopped to observe.

"Private family time," one said, which was strange, because the scene was a hard-to-miss public spectacle, like so much of the Tebowing phenomenon, and it lasted considerably longer than any Denver drive.

As he always does, he thanked his teammates for their support and effort immediately after praising God. But one was left to surmise that he, the Broncos' purported leader, should have been with them late Saturday night instead of in the corridor tending to his personal business, no matter how giving it was.

There are times when duty to team has to come first. Surely one of them is in the wake of lopsided and season-ending defeat.
The NYTimes should be ashamed of this hit piece. Seriously? This same guy would have killed Tebow as dishonest, disingenuous and selfish if he'd blown the guy off after a loss.This is the sort of thing that shows some people just want to dislike him. Sounds like the writer got rejected for an interview or told to wait and he wasn't down with that at all.
Tebow has it right on this one. He can wait to hand out the Kleenex in the locker room. These are well paid, grown, healthy men who lost a football game. I am not at all down with the proselytizing Tebow does but the humanity he shows when he reaches out to these kids is exemplary. He is not the lone representative of the entertainment industry to do such things but he certainly is one of the more visible ones at this time. The writer ought to check his own pulse.

So, turns out Tebow suffered torn cartilage, a bruised lung and fluid buildup in his lungs during the 3rd quarter Saturday and continued to play through it.

Maybe the NYT can find something to rip him for about that too.

So, turns out Tebow suffered torn cartilage, a bruised lung and fluid buildup in his lungs during the 3rd quarter Saturday and continued to play through it.Maybe the NYT can find something to rip him for about that too.
He could have taken himself out and maybe a quarterback who could complete a pass or two could have taken his place?

So, turns out Tebow suffered torn cartilage, a bruised lung and fluid buildup in his lungs during the 3rd quarter Saturday and continued to play through it.Maybe the NYT can find something to rip him for about that too.
I'm not sure about this one.1) If he played through it because it wasn't a real hindrance, then I'm not sure why he should get credit for it2) If it was impacting his abilities, I'm not sure why he or the coaches should have been OK keeping him in.The only thing I take away from this news is that the coaching staff, in spite of the Jay Glazer misdirection from the prior week, has absolutely zero confidence in Brady Quinn's ability to do next to anything for that team.

I'm not sure about this one.1) If he played through it because it wasn't a real hindrance, then I'm not sure why he should get credit for it2) If it was impacting his abilities, I'm not sure why he or the coaches should have been OK keeping him in.The only thing I take away from this news is that the coaching staff, in spite of the Jay Glazer misdirection from the prior week, has absolutely zero confidence in Brady Quinn's ability to do next to anything for that team.
1. Perhaps he was tough enough to suck it up and it not hinder him in a major way2. The coaching staff obviously didn't know the extent of the injury since it took multiple MRIs this week to diagnoseFunny how we celebrate the old school guys that played with broken bones, etc. but come up with all sorts of silly criticisms for modern players.

1. Perhaps he was tough enough to suck it up and it not hinder him in a major way2. The coaching staff obviously didn't know the extent of the injury since it took multiple MRIs this week to diagnoseFunny how we celebrate the old school guys that played with broken bones, etc. but come up with all sorts of silly criticisms for modern players.
Playing through pain is part of football, but it's not that players today are less "tough", it's that medical technology and understanding is so much more advanced, players are handled with far better precision and caution today. As with any business, you need to protect the long-term value of your assets.

Chances are he just got banged up. A day later he is sore and they do an MRI and find some minor issues. There were probably no ill effects during the game. If you MRI'ed every player after a game probably 50% would have these same symptoms. Most just shake it off as soreness and move on.Probably happened at 1:24http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d82601b06/Divisional-Round-Tim-Tebow-highlightsI think he say's the F-word at 2:46

Last edited by a moderator:
Same injuries Jesus had when that spear stabbed him on the cross... coincidence?

Apparently what I learned from the 4 letter network this morning is that the reason for Tebow's demise is the serious lack of offensive talent around him.

Football is always a team game until Tebow plays then it is 1 guy with 50 some piece of crap around him :loco:
i blame the defense more than anything else. Pats could have put up 70 if they wanted. It was pathetic in the 1st half. They made converted TE Hernandez look like Walter Payton. They were missing tackles, blowing coverages, not getting pressure, etc...Denver's offense is conservative and needs the D to play well if they are going to win games. That is how this team is built. Denver is not build to come back from large deficits.
They are not built to come back from large deficits, fine, but they also couldn't score against one of the worst defenses in the League, or so we are told. The Patriots had some very bad defensive statistics and were particularly suceptible in their defensive back field. Yet the Broncos scored 10 points; seven on a short field, courtesy of a turnover on defense. So what happened to the offense the rest of the game? Couldn't they have put up another 10-14 points and made the game more respectable? The defense was rolled; the offense was rolled.

Tebow waas a large part of the problem. Certainly not the sole problem; but he wasn't the answer either.
The Patriots allowed 21 points per game. A lot of teams couldn't score against them. I see one of 3 options 1) points allowed is a bogus stat and we all know that they're flukey yards are the real telling stat, 2) a lot of teams underperformed against NEs defense this year or 3) maybe NE's defense isn't as bad as it's cracked up to be.

Apparently what I learned from the 4 letter network this morning is that the reason for Tebow's demise is the serious lack of offensive talent around him. Football is always a team game until Tebow plays then it is 1 guy with 50 some piece of crap around him :loco:
i blame the defense more than anything else. Pats could have put up 70 if they wanted. It was pathetic in the 1st half. They made converted TE Hernandez look like Walter Payton. They were missing tackles, blowing coverages, not getting pressure, etc...Denver's offense is conservative and needs the D to play well if they are going to win games. That is how this team is built. Denver is not build to come back from large deficits.
The defense was bad all year, people just hid their heads in the sand because they didn't want to believe the Broncos could win with so little.All they have is a good OL (not great they showed that against NE), 1 good WR in Thomas, a middle of the road RB in McGahee and a 20-25 TE in Fells. The rest of their WRs are junk (I think Royal is better than Decker), the rest of their RBs were practice squad fodder. And their defense has some talented players but as a whole is subpar. Tebow? When you combine passing & rushing was probably a mid-level QB in the AFC (then again the AFC had some poor QB play this year). I'll be interested to see what Denver can do this year. 11 of their 16 games are against teams with a .500 or better record this year so as of right now it's a killer schedule.

Lastly John Elway isn't going to help Tim Tebow with his mechanics. Are you kidding me? That's the coaches job, not the team president.
I'm sure there are lots of things Elway will do with Tebow this off-season, which he has repeatedly said he would spend helping Tebow become a better QB.We can debate if it's possible to change mechanics (at his age, very difficult IMO) but to say Elway wouldn't try because that's a coach's job is to ignore the fact that he's going to help him with everything. That's the whole point of them working together (likely with the coaches as well).
I'm not a Denver fan, so I won't pretend to be. I would just be hard pressed to find any president of a major company helping out any lower level guy with their job, when they have a supervisor. Was Michael Jordan teaching Bobcats how to shoot a jumper?I dunno maybe he will, I have my doubts.
Jordan practices with the Bobcats sometimes. I remember hearing a quote from a player that he could still put up 20 a night if he were still playing. I have my doubts.http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/Michael-Jordan-impresses-during-Charlotte-Bobcats-practice-021011

Same injuries Jesus had when that spear stabbed him on the cross... coincidence?
:scared:
Damn it i thought I would be the first scumbag to make a cross joke when he gets injured

Lastly John Elway isn't going to help Tim Tebow with his mechanics. Are you kidding me? That's the coaches job, not the team president.
I'm sure there are lots of things Elway will do with Tebow this off-season, which he has repeatedly said he would spend helping Tebow become a better QB.We can debate if it's possible to change mechanics (at his age, very difficult IMO) but to say Elway wouldn't try because that's a coach's job is to ignore the fact that he's going to help him with everything. That's the whole point of them working together (likely with the coaches as well).
Broncos VP of Football Operations John Elway stressed Monday that the team will not work to change Tim Tebow's delivery this offseason.Elway, who will put in personal time with Tebow, doesn't believe quarterbacks can alter their releases much.He cited "feet, drops, and timing" as crucial areas for Tebow to improve, saying "your feet are your time clock.Source: Lindsay Jones on Twitter

Broncos VP of Football Operations John Elway stressed Monday that the team will not work to change Tim Tebow's delivery this offseason.Elway, who will put in personal time with Tebow, doesn't believe quarterbacks can alter their releases much.He cited "feet, drops, and timing" as crucial areas for Tebow to improve, saying "your feet are your time clock.Source: Lindsay Jones on Twitter
:goodposting: Elway gets it! The delivery thing is overrated to an extent. It is making the reads and getting the ball there on a proper read. Tebow will always have a longer delivery which is a slight hinderance for sure, but not enough to recreate how he throws the ball.

'Two Deep said:
:goodposting: Need more informative posts like this.

Broncos VP of Football Operations John Elway stressed Monday that the team will not work to change Tim Tebow's delivery this offseason.Elway, who will put in personal time with Tebow, doesn't believe quarterbacks can alter their releases much.He cited "feet, drops, and timing" as crucial areas for Tebow to improve, saying "your feet are your time clock.

Source: Lindsay Jones on Twitter
Seems like they're working to change what team he plays for instead.

I think having manning there for two years would be great for tebows career. :shrug:
Sweet the Tebow thread is back. I believe the thought process is Tebow and another starting QB cannot coexist with the rabid Tebow fanbase
Anyone rooting for Tebow ahead of Manning will be exposed as an idiot. Rational Bronco fans won't stand for that. There would be no bill-boards advocating Tebow ahead of Manning, no Tebow chants, no signs, etc. Tebowmania would effectively be on-hold, pending a Manning injury and/or retirement.

I think having manning there for two years would be great for tebows career. :shrug:
Sweet the Tebow thread is back. I believe the thought process is Tebow and another starting QB cannot coexist with the rabid Tebow fanbase
Anyone rooting for Tebow ahead of Manning will be exposed as an idiot. Rational Bronco fans won't stand for that. There would be no bill-boards advocating Tebow ahead of Manning, no Tebow chants, no signs, etc. Tebowmania would effectively be on-hold, pending a Manning injury and/or retirement.
Manning's first lost would bring on the Tebow chants.

Not a Broncos fan but I disagree. This is not Kyle Orton or Brady Quinn we are talking about here. I am a big Tebow fan for sure, but Peyton Manning is an all time great.

Not a Broncos fan but I disagree. This is not Kyle Orton or Brady Quinn we are talking about here. I am a big Tebow fan for sure, but Peyton Manning is an all time great.
"Manning obviously isn't the old Manning, it's time to get Tebow in there".

Use Tebow as an H-back, let Manning change to a direct snap to Tebow if he sees the right defense.
Why do you think that Tebow would be a good H-back, given that he has no experience blocking or catching passes, which are the two primary skills an H-back needs?

Use Tebow as an H-back, let Manning change to a direct snap to Tebow if he sees the right defense.
Why do you think that Tebow would be a good H-back, given that he has no experience blocking or catching passes, which are the two primary skills an H-back needs?
Heck, there are people that thought he could be a good QB, even though he lacks the primary skills for it.
Tebow has practiced the QB position for years. He completed 66% of his passes in college and had a 170.8 college passer rating, which rates as #2 in the past 10 years (behind Sam Bradford). There are reasonable questions that can be asked about how well his game will translate to the NFL. But it's ridiculous to assert that he doesn't have QB skills.

'CalBear said:
Heck, there are people that thought he could be a good QB, even though he lacks the primary skills for it.
Tebow has practiced the QB position for years. He completed 66% of his passes in college and had a 170.8 college passer rating, which rates as #2 in the past 10 years (behind Sam Bradford). There are reasonable questions that can be asked about how well his game will translate to the NFL. But it's ridiculous to assert that he doesn't have QB skills.
What if we say: there are people that thought he could be a good NFL QB, even though he lacks the primary skills for it.

:goodposting: Tebowmania will be non-existent if Manning signs in Denver. I think it would be great for Tebow to have a few years behind Manning and out of the spotlight, much like Aaron Rogers had.

:no: They can't help themselves. They are drunk on tebow. Too bad Manning is going elsewhere. Would have been great to see The Tebow shipped to Jax for a can of spam.Let me change that based on salary cap. Manning may go for the $ and I see that the Broncos have cap space galore while Ari has none.

:no: They can't help themselves. They are drunk on tebow. Too bad Manning is going elsewhere. Would have been great to see The Tebow shipped to Jax for a can of spam.Let me change that based on salary cap. Manning may go for the $ and I see that the Broncos have cap space galore while Ari has none.
Huh? How many honest to God, season ticket owning, actual Bronco fans do you know? guys, there will be a vocal minority that pledges their undying love for Tebow, but that's not the general feel of Broncos Country. We want wins, amd recognize Manning gives us a better chance to get them.

I'm gonna get, get, get, get you drunk,Get you love drunk off my Tebow hump.

Huh? How many honest to God, season ticket owning, actual Bronco fans do you know? guys, there will be a vocal minority that pledges their undying love for Tebow, but that's not the general feel of Broncos Country. We want wins, amd recognize Manning gives us a better chance to get them.
Not Broncos fans, Tebowners.

Elway and Fox could have gone to Tebow and said this: Look, we want to pursue Peyton Manning. It’s a special circumstance, and we think having you learn from him could be the best thing for your long-term development. We’d love for you to embrace it and try it for a year, and then we can all reassess.

Tebow might not have liked it. He may have resisted it with all his might. But it seems as though we’ll never know, because from what I can tell the Broncos never brought him into the loop.

Instead, he found out how his bosses really feel about him the way the rest of us did – by watching reports of the Broncos’ courtship of Manning at their training facility. That’s sort of like turning on ESPN and seeing Brad Pitt getting a tour of your bedroom from your scantily clad wife.
boo hoo link

Players are often NOT informed about trades. Why?? Because they are PLAYERS - they are not GMS. Who is really surprised that they didnt tell Tebow?? These are the same people that said they would bring in competition for Tebow this offseason.

I think Elway deserves credit for not double-speaking. He said exactly what he should have said. Tebow has earned the right to be 1st on the depth chart entering training camp. That statement brings with it no guarantee that a rookie or veteran addition can't outplay/outpractice Tebow and grab the job, but it also suggests that if Tebow truly does improve as his vocal supporters maintain is possible, he should start the year as the starter again.Kudos to Elway for speaking honestly.
He never spoke honestly about Tebow. He hated him from jump street.I'm gonna miss this thread.

I think Elway deserves credit for not double-speaking. He said exactly what he should have said. Tebow has earned the right to be 1st on the depth chart entering training camp. That statement brings with it no guarantee that a rookie or veteran addition can't outplay/outpractice Tebow and grab the job, but it also suggests that if Tebow truly does improve as his vocal supporters maintain is possible, he should start the year as the starter again.Kudos to Elway for speaking honestly.
He never spoke honestly about Tebow. He hated him from jump street.I'm gonna miss this thread.
Agreed. He always hated him. This confirms our suspicions that the team was trying to undermine Tebow from the start. I don't wish injury on anyone, but I will find it ironic if Manning gets hurt after one good hit and if Tebow goes on to play well for someone else, as I expect.

As a Executive Vice President of an NFL team who wants his team to win a Superbowl, Elway should hate Tebow, as Tebow isn't going to lead any team to a Superbowl ever. What Elway deserves credit for is taking the hard road of getting a new QB when his team's old QB was beloved by the fanbase even though he sucked.

As a Executive Vice President of an NFL team who wants his team to win a Superbowl, Elway should hate Tebow, as Tebow isn't going to lead any team to a Superbowl ever. What Elway deserves credit for is taking the hard road of getting a new QB when his team's old QB was beloved by the fanbase even though he sucked.
The hard road? Going after Manning was a no-brainer, certainly not the hard road, in my opinion. Elway deserves credit for landing Manning not for the decision to go for him.

Bye Bye Tebow :bye:

I'm gonna miss you so;

Bye Bye Tebow, :bye:

Why'd you have to go?

No more sunshine,

It's followed you away;

I'll cry Tebow, :cry:

Till you're home to stay.

I don't envy Elways position.

This year will have the fan base vastly overrating not only the QB but the overall strength of this team. He has to figure out a way to bring in a QB to legitimately challenge Tebow while also filling lots of other holes, all the while fighting a media punditry and fandom that's going to want to annoint "The Great Incompletion."
One way is to bring in a HOF'er.

The hard road? Going after Manning was a no-brainer, certainly not the hard road, in my opinion. Elway deserves credit for landing Manning not for the decision to go for him.
Going after Manning should have been a no-brainer for the majority of franchises. Yet only several went after him much effort.

Users who are viewing this thread